PDA

View Full Version : Why not Hackney @ #2?

Crush05
08-16-2008, 11:37 PM
Does anyone else think that Hackney should be #2 on the depth chart? Is anyone else watching the same thing I am? Ramsey is all over the place, he is scared to be in the pocket and just cannot seem to get his passes under control.:confused: Comments!!

G_Money
08-16-2008, 11:40 PM
He should already be. I hope Ramsey is a better nanny than he is a backup QB, cuz otherwise he's gonna be failing at the whole diaper changing, baby feeding thing that's going on in his life.

And he should have lots of time to try the nanny thing soon....

~G

BroncoAV06
08-17-2008, 12:21 AM
Could that be part of it? Just having his head in a different place this week? Luckly he is the BACKUP.

Ziggy
08-17-2008, 01:19 AM
He really has been horrible. I hope Hackney gets more reps in the next 2 games.

BigDaddyBronco
08-17-2008, 06:45 AM
He really has been horrible. I hope Hackney gets more reps in the next 2 games.
No kidding. It really sucks to think if Cutler gets hurt we will have little to no chance of winning. His poor throws and bad decision making have made me throw up a little in my mouth this preseason.

C'mon Shanny, let's see what Hackney can do.

lex
08-17-2008, 10:36 AM
Does anyone else think that Hackney should be #2 on the depth chart? Is anyone else watching the same thing I am? Ramsey is all over the place, he is scared to be in the pocket and just cannot seem to get his passes under control.:confused: Comments!!

I agree. I realize they like him for being a positive influence on Jay but the #2 needs to be able to play when needed. Actually, Id like to see who Tampa Bay cuts. They have a lot of QBs and they also run the WCO. I hope they cut lose either Simms or Josh Johnson.

Simple Jaded
08-17-2008, 12:08 PM
"Because Shanahan knows what he's doing"......"Because Shanahan must know something you don't"......"Because if Hackney were the 2nd best QB on the team I'm sure Shanahan would know".

Who are you guy's to question what Mike Shanahan does? He's infallible and you guy's......aren't......

Northman
08-17-2008, 12:58 PM
I would say no at this point. But if they move Hackney to second string and allow him to play against better players in the remaining preseason games and he continues to do well than it might be a good idea. But playing against third stringers is nothing special and considering Ramsey's numbers from last night are hardly terrible (8/13 67yds) i wouldnt pull the plug on him yet.

sneakers
08-18-2008, 06:36 PM
No kidding. It really sucks to think if Cutler gets hurt we will have little to no chance of winning.

It is like this for most teams in the NFL.

Kaylore
08-19-2008, 09:45 PM
It is like this for most teams in the NFL.

Except for I think if Hackney came in he could be our little Doug Flutie whereas Ramsey looks like Danny Kannell.

Rick
08-19-2008, 09:48 PM
Never know, we might still have it happen.

I imagine Hackney will see some real playing time in game 4 and if he is lights out never know, he might be elevated.

Unless of course Shanny isn't letting him be seen cause he doesn't feel he is quite ready yet but doesn't want other teams seeing the potential.

BroncoWave
08-19-2008, 10:26 PM
I don't get the big love affair for Hackney. Sure, Ramsey hasn't been great in the preseason but what has Hackney done that jumps off the page? I'm sure if Shanahan thought that Hackney was a better QB he would be getting the second team reps instead of Ramsey. Besides, if Cuter goes down we're screwed regardless of who is our backup.

NameUsedBefore
08-19-2008, 10:44 PM
This is why they're backups. Neither one is supposed to look good and when they do they usually find themselves starting somewhere.

Not many teams lose their #1 and go, "Well, at least we have this guy!" No, it doesn't happen like that. If we lose Cutler we'll go down the tubes whether it is Ramsey or Hackney, let's not act like there's some kind of stop-plug in this.

nj10
08-19-2008, 11:42 PM
I agree. Ramsey is scatter-brained back there...and he's underthrowing receivers during those rare times he actually does find the open man. Hackney looks good though. I'd move him to #2.

slim
08-19-2008, 11:43 PM
I agree. Ramsey is scatter-brained back there...and he's underthrowing receivers during those rare times he actually does find the open man. Hackney looks good though. I'd move him to #2.

Well said, pearl snaps.

BroncoWave
08-19-2008, 11:50 PM
I just don't see what you guys see in Hackney, because to me he's just another run of the mill 3rd stringer. What has he done in the preseason that makes him stand out so much over Ramsey? Because so far, the only reason I've heard to make Hackney the backup is that Ramsey sucks. How do we know Hackney won't suck if he finally plays against a defense not made out of 3rd and 4th stringers? (which is all he's faced so far)

Retired_Member_001
08-20-2008, 05:42 AM
This is such a typical pre-season thread.

How many NFL Snaps has Hackney taken again?

Exactly.

Timmy!
08-20-2008, 07:35 AM
*cough* Culpepper *cough*

BroncoWave
08-20-2008, 07:50 AM

If we were going to sign Culpepper (which I wouldn't have minded) we should have done it before the preseason to have gotten him some PT with us. A bit late for that now. It's highly unlikely that he's come here anyway.

Retired_Member_001
08-20-2008, 10:27 AM

I think Culpepper is done to be honest. He'd be a waste of time. I think we are better off drafting a "backup Quarterback" next year in the 6th or something. Patrick Ramsey is a former starter and he will fancy his chances else where. We should draft a young guy who can be our backup for years to come.