PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs. Chiefs 11/14/10

Pages : [1] 2 3

sneakers
11-14-2010, 12:27 AM
Go Broncos!

honz
11-14-2010, 01:13 AM
Nobody cares anymore, sneakers. This thread is a waste of time and bandwidth.

Tned
11-14-2010, 01:23 AM
Nobody cares anymore, sneakers. This thread is a waste of time and bandwidth.

Some of us still care and will until the final minute of week 17 and then we will start looking forward to next year.

sneakers
11-14-2010, 01:28 AM
mmmm.....bandwith

Tned
11-14-2010, 02:11 AM
mmmm.....bandwith

Yea, I love the wast of bandwidth thing we always see on MB's. Like a post or thread on a football message board in anyway is going to impact the nets bandwidth.

Canmore
11-14-2010, 04:06 AM
Go Broncos. Beat the Chiefs.

Jaws
11-14-2010, 05:23 AM
Still believing.
Another 6-0 run is round the corner!
Well ok- maybe a little optimistic.
Winning half the remaining schedule woudl just about do- starting with a win today.
GO Broncos!

Edmonton Bronco Fan
11-14-2010, 08:51 AM
Ugh, why did I have to wake up at 6:00 hungover.

Hair of the dog time.

Nomad
11-14-2010, 09:34 AM
Ready to see the Chiefs get their ass kicked!!

~~~G O B R O N C O S~~~

:defense:

honz
11-14-2010, 09:41 AM
Mods, please delete my previous post. I love my Broncos. I just say stupid things when I'm angry.

Nomad
11-14-2010, 09:44 AM
Mods, please delete my previous post. I love my Broncos. I just say stupid things when I'm angry.

honz, it's quite understandable!!! I blame the Utes........did someone poison the water at U of U!!

Slick
11-14-2010, 10:12 AM
I'm the least excited about a Broncos game as I have been ever in my life I think. I haven't given up though.

Hopefully we can get some early breaks and not have to play from behind. I think we deserve a little good karma from the football gods for once.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-14-2010, 10:39 AM
It's all on the offense today. If they score 24+ points, we probably win. If they don't, we lose. The only way to slow down KC's running game is to keep it on the sidelines. They are going to get their yards. The offense must start fast and keep their foot on KC's throat the whole game if we have a chance to win.

It's time for McDaniels' scheme and Kyle Orton to finally coach/play a complete game and get it done. McDaniels' offense is built on quick strikes and high scoring through the passing game. It's time to deliver. The second half of the season starts today.

red98
11-14-2010, 11:36 AM
I'm the least excited about a Broncos game as I have been ever in my life I think. I haven't given up though.

Hopefully we can get some early breaks and not have to play from behind. I think we deserve a little good karma from the football gods for once.

I don't know, on paper they should get beat today, but I just have a feeling they are going to play well and maybe even pull out the win.

There's no logic to it, just a feeling.

Elevation inc
11-14-2010, 11:36 AM
today's the day we start are next 6-0 win streak.....

Nomad
11-14-2010, 11:41 AM
today's the day we start are next 6-0 win streak.....

How's Italy today INC?? A little over 4 more months till we'll be at JBER (Elmendorf)

Elevation inc
11-14-2010, 11:44 AM
How's Italy today INC?? A little over 4 more months till we'll be at JBER (Elmendorf)

lol good i just need a broncos win today to make it a good weekend....:beer:

SoCalImport
11-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Always excited, Always UP for a Broncos game. How could I not be?

Look for improved run blocking with bigman Beetles return to RG. Improved Pass protection with Ryan Harris back in there.

Lets go BRONCOS!!

Sparkie
11-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Started Tony Moeaki in my FF lineup today. :uh:
But I also started Brandon Lloyd. :party:

Think both may get some yardage and catches.. :foilhat:

..but here's to a GOOD game. :salute: :tea: :beer:

GO BRONCOS !!!!!!!!!!

:defense: :defense: :defense: :defense: :defense: :defense: :defense: :defense: :defense: :defense:

MasterShake
11-14-2010, 12:20 PM
Great football weather in Denver today. Go up early and take away the run game! Orange Jerseys+Fall Weather=a great day to be a Broncos fan!

Show up and play and we will win.:salute:

KCL
11-14-2010, 12:45 PM
I have to send a shout out for my guys...

GO CHIEFS!!!!

Hoping see to the run game take off...Cassel get the ball to his WRs and TE
and Hali in Orton's face...and a pick or two by Johnson and Berry would make me happy.

And of course no injuries.

I hope McCluster is able to play...he is listed as Q.

BroncoWave
11-14-2010, 12:48 PM
Some of us still care and will until the final minute of week 17 and then we will start looking forward to next year.

It's amazing that people STILL don't see Honz's sarcasm. It's all he posts! :lol:

Buff
11-14-2010, 12:49 PM
Matt Cassel throws 2 INTs today... Broncos by 10.

Lancane
11-14-2010, 01:06 PM
It sucks, I want the Broncos to win, but every fiber of my being is screaming that there is no way in hell that we can win. I have no optimism left in me with McDaniels as the head coach of this team. And I've never felt that as a fan of this team...

:mad:

Shazam!
11-14-2010, 01:12 PM
I am not very optimistic.

Maybe our 'Boys will surprise me.

I gtg out but I'll follow the game on my phone.

Go Broncos.

:defense:

Nomad
11-14-2010, 01:16 PM
It's amazing that people STILL don't see Honz's sarcasm. It's all he posts! :lol:

We all know honz is the sarcasm king but Tned made a great point too!!

Tned
11-14-2010, 01:27 PM

Nobody gets my sarcasm either (including face to face :lol:), so I say screw everyone else and theirs.... ;)

PAINTERDAVE
What to say?

I always want my guys to win.

Is there a silver lining todday ... if they lose?

I believe so.

The silver lining of a losing storm cloud...
would be the final acceptance by McD and the Broncos that the status quo is a FAILURE.

The pressure would be off... we could actually maybe see some kind of...
any kind of... creative restructuring of this team with an eye towords rebuilding for the future.

I mean... this will happen at some point in the next few games...
if it happens today... so be it.

So... I have a peaceful serenety in my heart.

Win or lose... I will smile and feel good about next week.

Go Broncos.

PAINTERDAVE
Cutler just threw his 8th pick of the season.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-14-2010, 02:21 PM

Hasn't Orton already thrown 7 this season? Cutler also just threw his 2nd TD of the day and is carving up the Minnesota defense. On the way, he also had to overcome a 15 yd chop block penalty (1st and 25). Perhaps you shouldn't be too smug about Cutler throwing a pick.

T.K.O.
11-14-2010, 02:34 PM
speaking of the BRONCOS !
this is it folks......the BIG one !
today is the day we find out if this team is as bad as their record and current standing in the afcw.
the table has been set.
the team knows their back is up against the wall.
their young coach is at least in a very "warm" seat.
they have played just well enough to lose some crucial games.
but this....THIS game will tell the story of wether or not they have the heart to step up as a unit,and put it all on the line .
a win and they are 2.5 games back with 7 to play and still in the hunt.
a loss ? well...that means they can start thinking about if and where they will be playiong next year?who their coach will be ? where it all went wrong ? etc....
that being said ,i sure hope to see a broncos team that if nothing else plays like their asses are on fire for 60 minutes.
win or lose,if i see any quit or mass confusion out there today i will assume that some big changes need to happen across the board .

now get out there and kick some chefs ass !

GO BRONCOS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Tned
11-14-2010, 02:35 PM

Hillis scored his 9th TD. ;)

T.K.O.
11-14-2010, 02:37 PM
i like hillis....wish he was still a bronco.:elefant:
maybe knowshon will get a buck fifty and 2 scores to ease the pain today !!!!!:beer:

Jake Klug
11-14-2010, 02:39 PM
speaking of the BRONCOS !
this is it folks......the BIG one !
today is the day we find out if this team is as bad as their record and current standing in the afcw.the table has been set.
the team knows their back is up against the wall.
their young coach is at least in a very "warm" seat.
they have played just well enough to lose some crucial games.
but this....THIS game will tell the story of wether or not they have the heart to step up as a unit,and put it all on the line .
a win and they are 2.5 games back with 7 to play and still in the hunt.
a loss ? well...that means they can start thinking about if and where they will be playiong next year?who their coach will be ? where it all went wrong ? etc....
that being said ,i sure hope to see a broncos team that if nothing else plays like their asses are on fire for 60 minutes.
win or lose,if i see any quit or mass confusion out there today i will assume that some big changes need to happen across the board .

now get out there and kick some chefs ass !

GO BRONCOS !!!!!!!!!!!!

What? Thats a nice attempt at hyping todays game to make it mean more than it does but even if they win, its still a 3-6, 5-14, and a team that was thumped 59-14 at home by the Raiders 3 weeks ago.

spikerman
11-14-2010, 02:41 PM
What is the weather like there today?

Tned
11-14-2010, 02:42 PM
From Lindsay Jones:

RT @PostBroncos: #Broncos inactives: B. Quinn, Goodman, Maroney, Vaughn, Ayers, Alexander, Daniels, E. Olsen,

Tned
11-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Mauroney is inactive, Ball is active.

spikerman
11-14-2010, 02:43 PM
So Maroney is out? Apparently Ball is active... sigh.. there goes another wasted trade of a pick.

T.K.O.
11-14-2010, 02:45 PM
What? Thats a nice attempt at hyping todays game to make it mean more than it does but even if they win, its still a 3-6, 5-14, and a team that was thumped 59-14 at home by the Raiders 3 weeks ago.

if your not "hyped" about a divisional game that has HUGE implications for both the broncos and the div leader......i can't help you my friend.
sorry about that.
but i'm stoked and know what a big home win can do for a team that feels beat down and knows they lost a couple close ones against some of the afc's best.
the raiders game got out of hand in 7 minutes.
i can bet that the broncos wont go into this game thinking they suck and can't win because they got pounded by the raiders.
:salute:

3-6 = possible 10-6
2-7 = possible 2-14

Tned
11-14-2010, 02:47 PM
if your not "hyped" about a divisional game that has HUGE implications for both the broncos and the div leader......i can't help you my friend.
sorry about that.
but i'm stoked and know what a big home win can do for a team that feels beat down and knows they lost a couple close ones against some of the afc's best.
i can bet that the broncos wont go into this game thinking they suck and can't win because they got pounded by the raiders.

I get stoked about every Broncos game, regardless of record, playoff implications, etc. I'm already dreading the offseason when there are no more Broncos games to look forward to.

Tned
11-14-2010, 02:48 PM
3-6 = possible 10-6
2-7 = possible 2-14

Well, also:

3-6 = possible 3-13
2-7 = possible 9-7

Jake Klug
11-14-2010, 02:51 PM
sorry about that.

3-6 = possible 10-6
2-7 = possible 2-14

Well, no, absolutely Im not hyped about todays game. Like I said, a win just means 5-14 and wont take away the 59-14 game. And, truthfully, I wont even be watching todays game. I fell into some free tickets to the hockey game. Im gladly doing that. I feel no enthusiasm any longer.

And whether theyre thinking about the Raiders game or not doesnt change that I am thinking about it. And it wasnt a pounding as much as it was a gang rape.

Watchthemiddle
What is the weather like there today?

Partly cloudy...lower 40's for kickoff

BroncoWave
Gotta love fairweather fans.

PAINTERDAVE
11-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Hasn't Orton already thrown 7 this season? Cutler also just threw his 2nd TD of the day and is carving up the Minnesota defense. On the way, he also had to overcome a 15 yd chop block penalty (1st and 25). Perhaps you shouldn't be too smug about Cutler throwing a pick.

I dont really like Cutler... so what?

I could not care less if you like him.

And yep.. Orton has thrown a bunch of picks, too.

I dont want to turn this into a QB discussion...
but Orton aint gonna be starting here much longer anyway.

If you were trying to sting me by slamming Orton...

you missed the bus by a mile.

Tned
11-14-2010, 02:55 PM

Is there a catchy term for fans that bash other fans? I'm a slow Arky guy....

BroncoWave
11-14-2010, 02:56 PM
Is there a catchy term for fans that bash other fans? I'm a slow Arky guy....

When someone says "I'm not going to watch the game today because my team sucks" how would you define that?

HORSEPOWER 56
11-14-2010, 02:57 PM
I dont really like Cutler... so what?

I could not care less if you like him.

And yep.. Orton has thrown a bunch of picks, too.

I dont want to turn this into a QB discussion...
but Orton aint gonna be starting here much longer anyway.

If you were trying to sting me by slamming Orton...

you missed the bus by a mile.

No, I was just pointing out that your lack of taste posting about a non-Bronco in the Broncos Gameday Thread just to get a shot in on Cutler makes you look smug. Especially when you consider the INT was Johnny Knox's fault, Cutler has thrown 2 TDs to his one INT, and they are currently beating the Vikings 17-10. If you want to take shots at Cutler, we have an Other NFL Teams forum for that.

Jake Klug
11-14-2010, 02:57 PM

Ha. Gotta love ignorant comments like this.

Northman
11-14-2010, 02:59 PM
When someone says "I'm not going to watch the game today because my team sucks" how would you define that?

Disgruntled?

I cant watch it today because its not in my area. But, ill throw up the gamecast from Espin and go from there.

PAINTERDAVE
11-14-2010, 03:00 PM
I will be glued to the screen.

I LOVE my team... I dont care if they ARE the worst team fielded by Bowlen since he became owner.

I root for 'em with all my heart...

and I hope for a good outcome and safety for all the players.

I would love to see the Broncos se the rest of this season to develop Tebow...

but I would NEVER wish for Orton to get hurt.

This game is crucial... in that...

a loss will take off the pressure...
turn us into spoilers...
and provide the opportunity I would love to see for Tebow.

That said...

GO BRONCOS.

I hate the Cheifs.. I want to see my team beat the rats.

Go Broncos! :mad:

Tned
11-14-2010, 03:00 PM

I don't know, I try not to define my fellow fans. I'm more of a proponent of "fan police" free zones.

PAINTERDAVE
11-14-2010, 03:02 PM
No, I was just pointing out that your lack of taste posting about a non-Bronco in the Broncos Gameday Thread just to get a shot in on Cutler makes you look smug. Especially when you consider the INT was Johnny Knox's fault, Cutler has thrown 2 TDs to his one INT, and they are currently beating the Vikings 17-10. If you want to take shots at Cutler, we have an Other NFL Teams forum for that.

Glad you feel superior.
Go with that.

I will from now on adhere to your rules for the game day thread oh mighty horsepower... master of the thread.

Jake Klug

A physiological aversion. Call it being repulsed by the current regime. Its something my body is rejecting. Its really not even a choice. Its actually harder for me to watch now than not watch. That kind of aggrevation isnt healthy.

spikerman
I'm not optimistic about the year, but I still gladly fork out my money every year for the Sunday Ticket. Living here deep in the heart of Texas it's the only way I can watch my team every week. I certainly can understand if people have other things to do though, especially in light of the way this year (and last) have gone.

Nomad
11-14-2010, 03:03 PM
NFL Football fans will get healthier and in shape with the new video game "Training Camp"!:D Just saw the commercial with Chad Johnson!

BroncoWave
Disgruntled?

I cant watch it today because its not in my area. But, ill throw up the gamecast from Espin and go from there.

That's one thing. You have no other choice. When someone chooses not to watch the game because the team isn't that good, I'm just going to call it like it is.

spikerman
A physiological aversion. Call it being repulsed by the current regime. Its something my body is rejecting. Its really not even a choice. Its actually harder for me to watch now than not watch. That kind of aggrevation isnt healthy.

That's funny... I don't care who you are.

PAINTERDAVE
11-14-2010, 03:04 PM
You know what?

There are some really cranky, grumpy, posters on board here...

I wish you all the best...

I will be having a great day no matter which way the wind blows.

I dont think I want to let the negativity of some of you affect the rest of my day.

Ciao!

Go Broncos!:elefant:

Northman
NFL Football fans will get healthier and in shape with the new video game "Training Camp"!:D Just saw the commercial with Chad Johnson!

that is an awesome commerical. :lol:

BroncoWave

I guess I'm just not one to let a game affect my daily mood. I guess if it has averse health effects for you though then more power to you.

PAINTERDAVE
11-14-2010, 03:05 PM
I don't know, I try not to define my fellow fans. I'm more of a proponent of "fan police" free zones.

You got that right, bro!

Jake Klug
11-14-2010, 03:06 PM
That's one thing. You have no other choice. When someone chooses not to watch the game because the team isn't that good, I'm just going to call it like it is.

Except youre not really doing that.

Northman
11-14-2010, 03:06 PM

Although i dont understand not watching im not sure i would be so quick to label them fair weathered. He may very well wear the gear but choose not to watch the team play poorly. I dont know him so i cant speculate on such things and really you shouldnt either. These are tough times for Bronco fans and different people react differently on how they are performing.

BroncoAV06
11-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Goal of the day, don't get blown out.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Tned
11-14-2010, 03:08 PM
I'm not optimistic about the year, but I still gladly fork out my money every year for the Sunday Ticket. Living here deep in the heart of Texas it's the only way I can watch my team every week. I certainly can understand if people have other things to do though, especially in light of the way this year (and last) have gone.

Yep, living in Arkansas, it's the same way (Cowboy country part deux thanks to Jerry J.), so NFLST is the only way for me to watch the Broncos most weeks.

PAINTERDAVE
11-14-2010, 03:09 PM
PS...

Horsepower...

I have 2 Cutler jersys... one in the bag with the reciept...

I'd love to unload them...

you want one?

One extra large... I'm sure it'd fit you.

PAINTERDAVE
11-14-2010, 03:10 PM
goal of the day, don't get blown out.
mobile post via mobile.broncosforums.com/forums

lol

Jake Klug
I guess I'm just not one to let a game affect my daily mood. I guess if it has averse health effects for you though then more power to you.

At least get the word useage right. And also, its nice that you think if not everyone is like you, its carte blanche to play the fan card.

PAINTERDAVE
I'm out.

Go team!

HORSEPOWER 56
Glad you feel superior.
Go with that.

I will from now on adhere to your rules for the game day thread oh mighty horsepower... master of the thread.

Has nothing to do with feeling superior. You obviously have me confused with someomne who gives a shit about Jay Cutler. He's not a Bronco and therefore there is a totally different forum for discussing him. At 2-6 and 4-14 in our last 18 games, I would think calling out any other franchise or player on other teams, especially in a thread where it has no relevance is throwing stones in glass houses.

Strange that the game doesn't even start for another hour and we're already at each other's throats, isn't it? That's what having a terrible football team does for you. I always want to see my Broncos team win, but frankly, I'd be okay with us not winning another game this season if it guaranteed McDaniels was fired at season's end.

Tned
11-14-2010, 03:11 PM
Goal of the day, don't get blown out.

Come out of the game healthy.

underrated29
11-14-2010, 03:12 PM
We gonna do good this game. I promise. All the right things are in place and I feel good. Watch us move to 3-6 today. Thank you.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Come out of the game healthy.

Too late, I hear Moreno tweaked his hammy crossing the parking lot...

Just Kidding...

Tned
11-14-2010, 03:14 PM
Too late, I hear Moreno tweaked his hammy crossing the parking lot...

Just Kidding...

Ouch, that's to close to reality to be funny!!!

Nomad
11-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Although i dont understand not watching im not sure i would be so quick to label them fair weathered. He may very well wear the gear but choose not to watch the team play poorly. I dont know him so i cant speculate on such things and really you shouldnt either. These are tough times for Bronco fans and different people react differently on how they are performing.

I guess so North! I know we had it out the other day about this subject, but regardless, we're still buds!!:beer:

Lancane
11-14-2010, 03:16 PM

That's ironic, fact is that all anxiety and relief are both emotions that are tied to sports. Were you not elated when the Broncos won the Super Bowl? Did you feel sad when we lost the 2005 AFC Championship? Then in fact you do let the game effect you, maybe not to the extent of some...but the reason why pro sports is where they are today is because of fans and the emotional output of those fans on the sport as both a game and an industry. Some just harbor the good and bad more then others.

Pop quiz... Nationally, when is it the most common, according to law enforcement standards, to be called about domestic disturbances and or violence?

The answer... Is after a sporting event, and those interviewed both men and women have admitted that it was due to the stress of their team losing and so on.

Remember all the so-called violence by parents at little league events...fact is that sports are emotional to begin with, no matter at what level, someone has more then just a game in mind as it plays out.

Nomad
11-14-2010, 03:17 PM
We gonna do good this game. I promise. All the right things are in place and I feel good. Watch us move to 3-6 today. Thank you.

Spread the koolaid around to the others UR, because I'm drinking the same kind!:D

Lancane
11-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Spread the koolaid around to the others UR, because I'm drinking the same kind!:D

McDaniels pissed in the Koolaid, so I don't want none of it! ;)

Jake Klug
11-14-2010, 03:19 PM
That's ironic, fact is that all anxiety and relief are both emotions that are tied to sports. Were you not elated when the Broncos won the Super Bowl? Did you feel sad when we lost the 2005 AFC Championship? Then in fact you do let the game effect you, maybe not to the extent of some...but the reason why pro sports is where they are today is because of fans and the emotional output of those fans on the sport as both a game and an industry. Some just harbor the good and bad more then others.

Pop quiz... Nationally, when is it the most common, according to law enforcement standards, to be called about domestic disturbances and or violence?

The answer... Is after a sporting event, and those interviewed both men and women have admitted that it was due to the stress of their team losing and so on.

Remember all the so-called violence by parents at little league events...fact is that sports are emotional to begin with, no matter at what level, someone has more then just a game in mind as it plays out.

And since a lot of times the aggrevation isnt healthy, people are better off finding other things to do. They owe themselves more than they owe the clowns in charge now.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-14-2010, 03:21 PM

I also think it has a lot to do with having other sports outlets. If you're a Broncos fan and say also an Avs fan, Nuggets fan, and Rockies fan, you can stomach defeats by the Broncos more easily because you have other teams to find solace in.

For me, the Broncos are the ONLY team I really have. I hate baseball and basketball and haven't really followed hockey since the lockout (probably because they lost all their TV contracts so you get maybe one game week on VS here in Jax. I don't have another team to root for so when the Broncos suffer, I suffer with them.

BroncoWave
11-14-2010, 03:23 PM
I also think it has a lot to do with having other sports outlets. If you're a Broncos fan and say also an Avs fan, Nuggets fan, and Rockies fan, you can stomach defeats by the Broncos more easily because you have other teams to find solace in.

For me, the Broncos are the ONLY team I really have. I hate baseball and basketball and haven't really followed hockey since the lockout (probably because they lost all their TV contracts so you get maybe one game week on VS here in Jax. I don't have another team to root for so when the Broncos suffer, I suffer with them.

That's a good point. I'm a huge Mississippi State fan and them being 7-3 this year has really taken the edge off of the Broncos sucking.

Lancane
11-14-2010, 03:25 PM
And since a lot of times the aggrevation isnt healthy, people are better off finding other things to do. They owe themselves more than they owe the clowns in charge now.

Tell that to them...I'm just repeating what I've heard and what I was taught in sociology back when I was in college. Actually, another funny statistic is that there was less abuse in households where couples both straight and gay had sex following a sporting event no matter the outcome. So I guess it's safe to say 'If your team get's screwed, then screw someone else and everything will be alright!'...lol.

Nomad
11-14-2010, 03:26 PM

If by your favorite team losing causes someone to beat your wife and kids, then I recommend those people find a hobby in nature or something less emotional and give up booze!! Kicking the crap out of an opposing fan doesn't count as long as he is a grown man:D

The little league stuff is sad too! Parents living through their kids!!

Northman
11-14-2010, 03:26 PM
The fact that UVA is 4-6 and playing just as bad as Denver hasnt helped my case unfortuantely. But, i enjoy football all around so in that aspect i have still enjoyed the season. Sometimes your team will be bad or good and got to roll with the punches.

BroncoWave
11-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Per Twitter, Prater hit a 62 yarder in warmups. It would be cool to see him get a crack at the record in a game. He definitely has the leg for it.

Lancane
11-14-2010, 03:34 PM
If by your favorite team losing causes someone to beat your wife and kids, then I recommend those people find a hobby in nature or something less emotional and give up booze!! Kicking the crap out of an opposing fan doesn't count as long as he is a grown man:D

The little league stuff is sad too! Parents living through their kids!!

I completely agree, but it shows the amount of emotions that are placed into sports in general, that is why I brought it up. It's disturbing that people can not cut off the emotional ties to sporting events and leave it as is once it's over. But then again look at all of us on these boards, we bicker and bitch, even though in discussion...but how many times has it surpassed that and become more, name calling or calling one another out?

And fans were like that, even in ancient Rome...fans would get into fights over their favorite gladiators and so on. Guess we haven't progressed on that front!

Jake Klug
11-14-2010, 03:37 PM
Tell that to them...I'm just repeating what I've heard and what I was taught in sociology back when I was in college. Actually, another funny statistic is that there was less abuse in households where couples both straight and gay had sex following a sporting event no matter the outcome. So I guess it's safe to say 'If your team get's screwed, then screw someone else and everything will be alright!'...lol.

I was telling them piggybacking on what you said. This idea by BtB that everyone is like him is beyond ignorant.

Nomad
11-14-2010, 03:40 PM
I completely agree, but it shows the amount of emotions that are placed into sports in general, that is why I brought it up. It's disturbing that people can not cut off the emotional ties to sporting events and leave it as is once it's over. But then again look at all of us on these boards, we bicker and bitch, even though in discussion...but how many times has it surpassed that and become more, name calling or calling one another out?

And fans were like that, even in ancient Rome...fans would get into fights over their favorite gladiators and so on. Guess we haven't progressed on that front!

I know there is alot of emotions in sports.....playing and watching! I understand going off on someone you don't really know ie another fan but to go off on and hurt someone you live with/have affection towards because of a sporting event, I consider that way over the top!!

Tned
11-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Per Twitter, Prater hit a 62 yarder in warmups. It would be cool to see him get a crack at the record in a game. He definitely has the leg for it.

Has to be perfect scenario, like 3 seconds to go in half, or something like that. Most coaches won't risk that long a FG because of other team taking over at kick spot.

BroncoWave
11-14-2010, 03:45 PM
Has to be perfect scenario, like 3 seconds to go in half, or something like that. Most coaches won't risk that long a FG because of other team taking over at kick spot.

Yeah I know, would be really cool to see though.

Nomad
11-14-2010, 03:47 PM
:woot: 20 min till kickoff!!!

Tned
11-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Yeah I know, would be really cool to see though.

Yep, I've been waiting. He definately has the leg to set the record, just a matter of that perfect situation and being green lighted.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-14-2010, 03:56 PM
:salute: GO BRONCOS :salute:

dogfish
11-14-2010, 04:02 PM
From Lindsay Jones:

Mauroney is inactive, Ball is active.

:whoo:

:woot:

it's about ****ing TIME we let somebody else take a crack at it. . . maroney's more useless than a condom in a convent. . .

Buff
11-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Solomon Wilcots is the most underrated NFL analyst. Harlan/Wilcots might be my favorite CBS announcer pairing.

Nomad
11-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Ball's gonna have a breakout game!!!

dogfish
11-14-2010, 04:05 PM
this is a huge game for JMFMCD. . . he loses too many more home games to division rivals, he's gonna leave bowlen with no choice but to replace him. . . i don't think bowlen really WANTS to do that, at all, but josh has to at least give him a few wins to justify retaining his job. . .

we've got our full projected O-line together for the first time, we're as healthy as we're likely to get this year, well-rested and coming off an extra week to prepare. . . this is go time. . . show us something or ****!

Nomad
11-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Solomon Wilcots is the most underrated NFL analyst. Harlan/Wilcots might be my favorite CBS announcer pairing.

I like Gus Johnson!! I do like this commentating team though!

dogfish
11-14-2010, 04:08 PM
Ball's gonna have a breakout game!!!

you excited to see ball hitting the hole, nomad?

:eek:

Nomad
11-14-2010, 04:08 PM
:woot: what a catch!!

Denver Native (Carol)
11-14-2010, 04:09 PM
What a catch - LLOYD :salute:

Tned
Lloyd has made one circus catch after another this season. Great catch.

dogfish
what's that junk about marshall makes plays that lloyd just can't?

:noidea:

Nomad
11-14-2010, 04:10 PM
you excited to see ball hitting the hole, nomad?

:eek:

Well, being married 14 yrs......yes, i do get excited when it happens!!:D

Tned
11-14-2010, 04:10 PM

I like Wilcots. I like listening to him on Sirius Radio.

Mike
11-14-2010, 04:11 PM
Like the playcalling so far.

dogfish
THAT's what i'm talkin' about!

Nomad
:woot: TOUCHDOWN MORENO!!

Tned
Nice play. Good job buying time by Orton, great second effort by Moreno to get in the endzone.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-14-2010, 04:12 PM
:salute: TOUCHDOWN BRONCOS :salute:

Tned
Nice run by Moreno earlier, and nice catch and run there.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
Moreno is a bust! /sarcasm

Nice effort by the kid to get in there.

HORSEPOWER 56
Holy shit! Did we just score a first quarter TD?

Watchthemiddle
Great opening drive...ORton looks sharp, good run game as well

Den21vsBal19
Damn, Thomas has to hall that in

dogfish
11-14-2010, 04:13 PM
Like the playcalling so far.

wondered if we'd be able to make some adjustments over the bye. . . we needed to come out with everything we have, so far so good. . . it's way past time we actually did something in the 1st quarter. . . still gotta play three-and-a-half more, though. . .

Nomad
11-14-2010, 04:13 PM
Now it's the :defense: turn to step up and redeeem themselves from last year!!

Denver Native (Carol)
11-14-2010, 04:14 PM
:defense:LET'S GO :defense: - 3 AND OUT :defense:

Lancane
Great opening drive...ORton looks sharp, good run game as well

Agreed, I just wish one of the coaches would teach Orton to pump fake, he would have more success with that in his arsenal of skills.

Den21vsBal19
:woot: TOUCHDOWN MORENO!!

Since we're not down by 31, he can even dance if he wants this time ;)

Great opening drive

Elevation inc
who are these broncos...hahaha

good playcalling, watching beadles bowl over a DL player to spring moreno for ten on his first carry was sweet....

dogfish

whoa, den sighting!

'sup mate?

:beer:

Nomad

My eyes deceive me!! Welcome back Den!!! I would buy ya a beer if I could!!

Watchthemiddle
11-14-2010, 04:15 PM
I know it's the first drive, but there are some positives

1. Scored a TD on the opening drive
2. Protection looked good
3. Orton looks sharp
4. Moreno used that defender
5. Lloyd has go go gadget arms....:salute:

Tned
11-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Lindsay Jones says they are starting in a 3-4 without DJ of course.

BORDERLINE
11-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Damn i missed the first drive.....Let's go D

Denver Native (Carol)
11-14-2010, 04:17 PM

GREAT to see you here Den 21 :2thumbs:

Den21vsBal19
11-14-2010, 04:17 PM
My eyes deceive me!! Welcome back Den!!! I would buy ya a beer if I could!!
Yeah, I'm just a figment of your imagination ;)

Hopefully, I can bring a bit of luck back with me

Elevation inc
11-14-2010, 04:18 PM
Lindsay Jones says they are starting in a 3-4 without DJ of course.

good means were done with a wack 4-3 alignment...we dont have the DL for it...300lb dt's are not suppose to play the edge against guys like charles...which is what are 4-3 was....

Tned
11-14-2010, 04:18 PM
Ouch, kind of hurts hearing the announcers talk about how Wiegman is one of the main reasons the Chiefs are running so well.

Den21vsBal19
11-14-2010, 04:20 PM
whoa, den sighting!

'sup mate?

:beer:

Everything but the pay packet!!!!

How's tricks, dog? :beer:

BORDERLINE
11-14-2010, 04:20 PM
yeah Defense let's keep this up

Denver Native (Carol)
11-14-2010, 04:21 PM
:salute: :defense: :defense: :defense: :salute:

Den21vsBal19
11-14-2010, 04:21 PM
GREAT to see you here Den 21 :2thumbs:

Ta, luv.....hopefully back for a good :salute:

Jake Klug
11-14-2010, 04:22 PM
Since we're not down by 31, he can even dance if he wants this time ;)

Great opening drive

Sorry, its too soon. I still never want to see that clown dance again. I just want him gone.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-14-2010, 04:23 PM
Running game - so far - so good :salute:

Tned
I like the Moreno running early.

Here's a tweet from Linday Jones:

RT @PostBroncos: More empty seats here at Invesco Field than we're used to seeing.

Den21vsBal19
Nice opening series on both sides of the ball...........................gotta be in the Twilight Zone :eek:

Now to prove the opening drive wasn't a fluke

Den21vsBal19
11-14-2010, 04:24 PM
Sorry, its too soon. I still never want to see that clown dance again. I just want him gone.

Yeah, that was nearly as embarrasing as the result :ugh:

Watchthemiddle
11-14-2010, 04:25 PM
I'm liking this BURST out of Moreno today

Edmonton Bronco Fan
11-14-2010, 04:25 PM
MORENO!

I love it!

Elevation inc
11-14-2010, 04:26 PM
wow this is fun to watch for a change....good block DT

Edmonton Bronco Fan
11-14-2010, 04:26 PM
This play calling is so refreshing.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
11-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Lloyd! TD BRONCOS!

Great start!

Watchthemiddle
MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!!

Two drives, two TD's.

Dance away!!!:elefant:

Tned
Nice, some razzle/dazzle there, that ends with a TD. Me likey.

honz
McDaniels is completely redeeming himself today. What great playcalling.

Denver Native (Carol)

Elevation inc
im sorry moreno is not a bust, we just needed healthy and continuity...

Nomad
:woot: :woot: :woot: Touchdown Orton to Lloyd!!

Keep it up....don't lose momentum :defense:!!!!

Northman
11-14-2010, 04:29 PM
I wish they had played like this all year. Either that or Cassell sucks worse than i thought.

Den21vsBal19

:eek::eek: Damn, I want some of what they've been smokin' :eek:

Edmonton Bronco Fan

Take a step back and breathe before submitting foolishness. :welcome:

HORSEPOWER 56
Woot! SO we're up 14-0 in the first quarter. Moreno has 44 yards on 5 carries.

My only question is.... where the hell has this Broncos team been?

dogfish
FAR better to this point! keep it up, boys. . .

i'd like to point out, orton does just fine putting points up when we can actually get a bit of balance from the run game. . .

Denver Native (Carol)

I'm also liking the OL today :elefant:

Elevation inc
lloyd Double covered 2 times still beats it for big plays....

BroncoAV06
Moreno getting holes, Orton throwing darts, offense rolling. See how the defense builds off this offensive success.

Watchthemiddle
11-14-2010, 04:30 PM
im sorry moreno is not a bust, we just needed healthy and continuity...

A healthy Oline...and this is the Oline we were supposed to have to start the season.

BORDERLINE
holy sh*t we are rollin.....i guess during the bye week McD found a running game....Moreno is really showing his stuff.

BroncoBJ
Damn, its wierd having 14 points in the 1st quarter :lol:

Watchthemiddle
Moreno getting holes, Orton throwing darts, offense rolling. See how the defense builds off this offensive success.

Absolute accurate missles....:laugh:

silkamilkamonico

I think he's screwed up to the point where he will be gone here and I agree, but I think when he settles down as an NFL coach he's going to be great. It's going to give me another team to cheer for, much in the same way Shanahan has given me a reason to cheer for the Redskins.

Watchthemiddle
11-14-2010, 04:31 PM
holy sh*t we are rollin.....i guess during the bye week McD found a running game....Moreno is really showing his stuff.

running game = 9.4 ypc

Elevation inc
11-14-2010, 04:32 PM
I'm also liking the OL today :elefant:

there is a reason they wanted this combo all along.....beadles is blowing dudes up at LG and harris is doing damage in the run game again....also gronwkowski is very underated as a blocker dont expect quinn to ever overtake gronkowski.....

Jaws
11-14-2010, 04:33 PM
I'm nervous about sticking my nose in here.
Seems they're off to a good start!
Keep it up Broncos.

Nomad
:defense: is key from here on out! Offense has to keep scoring but the :defense: can't let up! Ya hear Wink!!

Tned

Yep, it's like the last 18 games didn't even happen.... :lol:

Tned
DUI DJ is in.

silkamilkamonico
11-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Dj's in...glad to see him playing.

We are, in fact the current Oakland Raiders.

Elevation inc
11-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Yep, it's like the last 18 games didn't even happen.... :lol:

honestly thats how this team needs to play......what happened the last 18 doesnt matter, focus and dont let up the next eight and let th chips fall where the may...

at the same time i would prefer 35 point lead before i start feeling okay:lol:

HORSEPOWER 56
11-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Defense holds again? Wow, I'm truly impressed.

Bronco4ever
The special teams doesn't look half bad today either!

dogfish
better discipline, better execution. . .

not having plays called back on penalties makes a HUUUGE difference. . .

honz
Haha, all that for 10 yards! We are keeping them on their heels though.

Watchthemiddle
11-14-2010, 04:37 PM
honetly thats how this team needs to play......what happened the last 18 doesnt matter, focus and dont let up the next eight and let th chips fall where the may...

at the same time i would prefer 35 point lead before i start feeling okay:lol:

Amen ...no need to focus and dwell on the past

Always look ahead

HORSEPOWER 56
11-14-2010, 04:38 PM
Moreno has 71 total yards and it's still the first quarter. Will today be the day he goes over 100 yds rushing????

Den21vsBal19
The special teams doesn't look half bad today either!

We almost look like a proper football team :eek:

Watchthemiddle
Our WR's are SICK!!!

And our QB is pretty Money also

dogfish
**** yes!!

Edmonton Bronco Fan
What a catch by Gaffney!

honz
WOOHOO! We may be Super Bowl contenders!

silkamilkamonico
Is it a catch? Who cares! Ain't no stoppin' us...

honz
Oh, was this a catch?

Tned
Great catch (maybe) by Gaffney.

Nomad
Damn! I hope it stands!!

BORDERLINE
11-14-2010, 04:39 PM
I can't believe my eyes guys...Is this really happening????

HORSEPOWER 56
Wow, we are totally putting the boots to the Chiefs right now. 21-0 in the 1st quarter. Can we have Elway speak before every game?

honz
Oh yeah, that looks like a catch. Inconclusive evidence at the very least.

Watchthemiddle
Is it a catch? Who cares! It's not going to matter anyways

Really?? YOu can't find anything positive

Northman
11-14-2010, 04:40 PM
I blame Aliens.

Bronco4ever
It looks like his hands were under it when he came down. It looks like it should stand... but what do I know?

Den21vsBal19
Damn!!!!:eek: :elefant:

HORSEPOWER 56
How does it look? was it a catch? I'm watching on gamecenter...

Watchthemiddle
Is it a catch? Who cares! Ain't no stoppin' us...

Nice flip flop...:tsk:

Jaws
I'm in shock.
I need a whisky.
But for good reasons!

silkamilkamonico
11-14-2010, 04:41 PM
Really?? YOu can't find anything positive

That's all positivity! Our offense is rolling today!

BroncoBJ
Damn, watching the replay. Perfect thrown pass by Orton and beautiful catch by Gaffney. Man, this is the team I want to see every single week.

Den21vsBal19
I'm in shock.
I need a whisky.
But for good reasons!

Break out a bottle of the good stuff :beer::beer:

Watchthemiddle
That's all positivity! Our offense is rolling today!

I saw your first quote before you changed it...."it's not going to matter anyways"

silkamilkamonico
11-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Nice flip flop...:tsk:

Not really. You just didn't give me a chance to edit what I was trying to say.

silkamilkamonico
I saw your first quote before you changed it...."it's not going to matter anyways"

Right...because our offense is rolling and we're going to score anyways.

Cherio.

Denver Native (Carol)

Nomad
11-14-2010, 04:43 PM
:woot: :woot: :woot: Touchdown Orton to Gaffney!

Don't let up BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:defense:get a turnover and keep it up!! Ya hear Wink!!!

Thank you faulty system!!!!:lol:

honz
Replay equipment inoperable? The stars have aligned!

Don't see any way they could overturn that anyways.

Buff
I like it, we've gone to rigging the machines to win games... Whatever it takes.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
11-14-2010, 04:44 PM
It would have stood, but that is hilarious.

silkamilkamonico
11-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Replay equipment inoperable? The stars have aligned!

Don't see any way they could overturn that anyways.

Does KC lose a TO and more importantly a challenge for that or not? Anyone know?

Denver Native (Carol)
11-14-2010, 04:45 PM
I like it, we've gone to rigging the machines to win games... Whatever it takes.

:D - seriously though - I don't think this would have been overturned anyway

Nomad

If you ain't cheatin....you ain't trying!!:D

Kapaibro
What have they done with Kyle Orton?

Nomad
11-14-2010, 04:46 PM
I've seen this game a few weeks ago!!:D

Denver Native (Carol)
11-14-2010, 04:47 PM

Kyle has not been the problem - many other things are FINALLY working today

Watchthemiddle
"the best thing you can do is play keep away from Orton and the Broncos offense" :salute:

Timmy!
Well shit, the Broncos actually showed up today. About time.

Den21vsBal19

Got him a running game :beer:

Nomad
11-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Comeon champ! Cover!

cuzz4169
11-14-2010, 04:49 PM
need a pass rush!!

Elevation inc
11-14-2010, 04:50 PM
what a BS PI call WR was at 4 yds contact is allowed within 5 if im not mistaken....

Den21vsBal19
11-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Don't let them get in rythym for pete's sake

LordTrychon
what a BS PI call WR was at 4 yds contact is allowed within 5 if im not mistaken....

I'd need to see it again, but if the ball was in the air, that's not the case.

I Eat Staples

You can't make any contact when the ball is in the air. Illegal contact isn't called within 5 yards, PI still is.

Anyway, excellent job Denver for exposing KC as the frauds they are. I told you guys!

atwater27
11-14-2010, 04:52 PM
Holy wow! Go Kyle, go Knowshawn!

Elevation inc
11-14-2010, 04:53 PM
wanna cover bowe champ or what???

Nomad
11-14-2010, 04:53 PM
:woot::defense:

cuzz4169
11-14-2010, 04:54 PM
sack!! but a coverage sack...still need more pressure

BroncoAV06
Defense holds! KC misses 52yrd FG. With the way the secondary was looking I thought they had that 3rd and 3, good coverage sack.

Elevation inc
You can't make any contact when the ball is in the air. Illegal contact isn't called within 5 yards, PI still is.

Anyway, excellent job Denver for exposing KC as the frauds they are. I told you guys!

okay gotcha....thanks...

BORDERLINE
Hey McD save some can of WHUP AZZ for december 19th...

I Eat Staples
11-14-2010, 04:55 PM
lolcassel

Watchthemiddle
11-14-2010, 04:56 PM
Moreno is looking like a first rounder or somethine

Nomad
Hey McD save some can of WHUP AZZ for december 19th...

Redemption for today!!! Tomorrow will come!!

Edmonton Bronco Fan
I'm calling it right now. Moreno will rack up 150 yards on the ground today.

I Eat Staples
11-14-2010, 04:57 PM
Holy shit someone taught Moreno how to run! I like what I'm seeing.

atwater27
11-14-2010, 04:58 PM
Holy shit someone taught Moreno how to run! I like what I'm seeing.

Come on now. He always could run. Been banged up.

Zweems56
Seriously. I think its because I'm wearing my 50th anniversary socks for the first time this season. totally forgot about them until now. Moreno is running like a man on a mission.

Jaws
RB comparison stats just flashed up.
Very pretty!

MORE-eno!

EMB6903
11-14-2010, 04:59 PM
hope thats just a bruised hip....

Nomad
Way to be aggressive Thomas!!.......Noww get your ass up and suck it up!!

Kapaibro
dagnab stream fell over

Dear Football gods,

Thanks you for giving us back our team!

Sincerely,

Broncos fans!

Zweems56
11-14-2010, 05:00 PM
hope thats just a bruised hip....

Looks like it TBH. Definitely not tailbone, which is great.

EMB6903
damnit Mcdaniels run the ball.

Nomad
Run the ball

Zweems56
11-14-2010, 05:01 PM
Moreno is going to go over the top.

UnderArmour
Tebow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Northman
Maybe McD has figured it out. Broncos playing their best football all year right now.

Elevation inc
DT's ass hurts...good effort bud....

Zweems56
Oh no, here comes tebow.

Zweems56
11-14-2010, 05:02 PM
So who is McD pissed off at for the Timeout?