PDA

View Full Version : Snake Bit Broncos

PAINTERDAVE
11-13-2010, 07:39 PM
I dont believe in JUJU or Karma or VoodDoo or The Jinx.

But, Dang Son!

This team must have crossed paths with a whole herd of black cats.

You all know the list...
It started with Clady on a basketball court and Knowshon's hamstrings...
it continued with Kenny blowing his own brains out...
and now DJ gets a DUI.

I mean... all those threads on the bye week...
Start Tebow... Dont start Tebow... Hillis this and Ellis that...

who would have dreamed that we'd be shaking our heads at
DJ sitting on the bench during the first Quarter against KC?

I mean, seriously...

I cringe when I turn on my computer or radio...
expecting to hear another bad bit of news about my Broncos.

I am nervous about this game... wondering who is gonna go down for the season.

Next thing you know... we will find out...

NO. I wont start speculating...

There will be the next horrible real thing to talk about soon enough.

It really tries a Bronoc Fan's patience.

It is just that kind of year. :confused:

pnbronco
11-13-2010, 08:00 PM
I think you forgot a few.

Doom goes out for the whole year in preseason.
Ayers starts to get into the swing of thing and then breaks his foot.

Goodman has been hurt a lot. Champ was on crutches the week that Kenny killed himself and then played against the Colts, so who knows how healthy he really is. Cox is looking better and gets hit in the head so hard that he forgot the rest of the game, could of been blessing in some ways, but he couldn't go to London. Oh how could I forget Dawkins and McBath both hurt too.

Larsen has a nasty sprain and miss several games. Kuper had a really nasty sprain and missed a bunch and has not been himself. I forgot what happened to Harris early but he was hurt and has not been himself for awhile, I so hope he's better. Woodyard has been hurt a lot and missed I bet over half the season so far. Graham was hurt in pre-season and has not been his old self. Willis is looking great in preseason and goes on IR. Royal and Thomas have both been hurt.

Let's not forget about Buckhalter's back. I think even Bruton been hurt too and of course Moreno. I think it would of been faster to wrote who's not been hurt this season. I'm sure there's more, but that's what I could remember off the top of my head.....:confused:

Denver Native (Carol)
11-13-2010, 08:07 PM
And, to add to both of your posts, LenDale White was showing great promise - appeared to be a definite plus for the running game, and he gets a season ending injury in preseason :tsk:

PAINTERDAVE
11-13-2010, 08:16 PM
Has there ever been a team to have such an unlucky run in the first half of a season?

Watchthemiddle
11-13-2010, 08:21 PM
Snake bit....lol...I thought this was another Plummer thread..

However, we haven't been successful since he left and have a ton of injuries...:confused:

We did go years of good fortune, luck, and the ability to stay healthy and when all of that happens, you go 13-3, 12-4, win Super Bowls and go to the AFCCG.

Jake Klug
11-13-2010, 08:40 PM
LOL. This thread is like a "I support Josh McDaniels" therapy group.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-13-2010, 08:54 PM

No - this thread is about "FACTS" - the facts that McDaniels' HATERS prefer not to hear, or consider.

PAINTERDAVE
11-13-2010, 08:56 PM

??????????????????????????

How about...

I support my team and look at how jacked up our luck has been no matter who is in charge?

Are you blaming McD for...

Basketball injury
DUI
Suicide
Cox' concussion
and so on...
?????

Tned
11-13-2010, 09:06 PM
No - this thread is about "FACTS" - the facts that McDaniels' HATERS prefer not to hear, or consider.

:laugh: As opposed to the FACTS that McDaniels LOVERS ignore, because they get in the way of the blind support?

KCL
11-13-2010, 09:09 PM

No it isn't..I've been reading Painter's writings/post for years....did he make this about McD? No he didn't but you're trying to...:tsk:

I'm a Chiefs fan and I see someone who is just showing frustration and
concern for his team...nothing wrong with that.

Rock on Painter!!!!

topscribe
11-13-2010, 09:23 PM
No it isn't..I've been reading Painter's writings/post for years....did he make this about McD? No he didn't but you're trying to...:tsk:

I'm a Chiefs fan and I see someone who is just showing frustration and
concern for his team...nothing wrong with that.

Rock on Painter!!!!

Thank you. Painter has been around here, and before that on Mania, for many
years. And he has my respect and that of many, many other posters in both
places . . . :salute:

-----

broncobryce
11-13-2010, 09:37 PM

You're right, lets start another fire mcdaniels or blow Hillis thread!

Jake Klug
11-13-2010, 09:47 PM

What facts? Because your excuse making for the 2-6 doesnt account for the 2-8 when there weren't all these injuries. It doesnt explain away how Moreno has never been good or a lot of other things. And you can complain about Clady being hurt all you want. He's still far from their biggest problem. Injuries didnt make them whiff on deciding to start 2 rookies on the OLine. And signing someone besides Jarvis Green probably would have meant they would have more quality depth or starters.

I dont get where this "facts" stuff is coming from. A lot of teams have injuries. It sounds more like excuse making.

topscribe
11-13-2010, 09:53 PM
What facts? Because your excuse making for the 2-6 doesnt account for the 2-8 when there weren't all these injuries. It doesnt explain away how Moreno has never been good or a lot of other things. And you can complain about Clady being hurt all you want. He's still far from their biggest problem. Injuries didnt make them whiff on deciding to start 2 rookies on the OLine. And signing someone besides Jarvis Green probably would have meant they would have more quality depth or starters.

I dont get where this "facts" stuff is coming from. A lot of teams have injuries. It sounds more like excuse making.

Okay, you made your point.

It's not really relevant to this thread, but you did make your point . . .

-----

Tned
11-13-2010, 09:56 PM

-----

Seems like it became relevant when another poster introduced FACTS and decided to slam posters that disagreed with said poster by calling them HATERS.

I know I live in a dream world, but I look forward for the day that we can discuss topics without slamming/belittling those that disagree with us.

KCL
11-13-2010, 09:59 PM
Seems like it became relevant when another poster introduced FACTS and decided to slam posters that disagreed with said poster by calling them HATERS.

I know I live in a dream world, but I look forward for the day that we can discuss topics without slamming/belittling those that disagree with us.

You mean like Jake Klug?

Jake Klug
11-13-2010, 10:01 PM

-----

Tned is exactly right. Someone brought up facts and thats what I provided.

I Eat Staples
11-13-2010, 10:01 PM
Josh McDaniels is a terrible coach and I want him fired as soon as possible, but there's lots of threads about that. This thread is about something different, and equally true.

There's no reason a "hater" or "supporter" can't see both sides of the coin. I'm very anti-McD but it is indeed a fact that we are one of the most injured teams in the league. Yes, injuries happen to everyone, but that doesn't mean we can't complain about ours. Speaking for myself and not anyone else, the injuries are not an excuse for McD, but they shouldn't just be ignored.

topscribe
11-13-2010, 10:02 PM

I agree, but it all started with the post I quoted just above yours.

I don't know why you weren't expecting such a backlash.

Looks as if you and Jake are in the minority here . . .

-----

Tned
11-13-2010, 10:07 PM
I agree, but it all started with the post I quoted just above yours.

I don't know why you weren't expecting such a backlash.

Looks as if you and Jake are in the minority here . . .

-----

Ok, that put me in my place. ;)

Jake Klug
11-13-2010, 10:09 PM
Josh McDaniels is a terrible coach and I want him fired as soon as possible, but there's lots of threads about that. This thread is about something different, and equally true.

There's no reason a "hater" or "supporter" can't see both sides of the coin. I'm very anti-McD but it is indeed a fact that we are one of the most injured teams in the league. Yes, injuries happen to everyone, but that doesn't mean we can't complain about ours. Speaking for myself and not anyone else, the injuries are not an excuse for McD, but they shouldn't just be ignored.

3 of their losses were winnable games even with injuries. Were the injuries a problem when Denver went up in the 4th qtr against SF, a team missing their starting QB?

Watchthemiddle
11-13-2010, 10:10 PM
:laugh: As opposed to the FACTS that McDaniels LOVERS ignore, because they get in the way of the blind support?

Maybe YOU can START by not getting involved in the NAME/SLAMMING/BELITTLING yourself.

:coffee:

Jake Klug
11-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Ok, that put me in my place. ;)

Not really. If Jrwiz is going to turn every other thread into a Josh apologist thread, why should this be off limits? Its kind of contradictory to be able to voice dissension in the threads that are negative about the current regime but then have threads like this off limits.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-13-2010, 10:26 PM
Not really. If Jrwiz is going to turn every other thread into a Josh apologist thread, why should this be off limits? Its kind of contradictory to be able to voice dissension in the threads that are negative about the current regime but then have threads like this off limits.

This thread started out pointing out injuries, a death, and a DUI. It had nothing to do about the current regime until you brought it up.

Nomad
11-13-2010, 10:27 PM
BRONCOS will bite back tomorrow!!!!:defense:

pnbronco
11-13-2010, 10:28 PM
Well if anyone knows a good witch doctor or shaman, I'm sure the Broncos and Avs would love a visit.

Nomad
11-13-2010, 10:30 PM
Well if anyone knows a good witch doctor or shaman, I'm sure the Broncos and Avs would love a visit.

BTB is in New Orleans, maybe he can convince the Voodoo Queen to break the curse!!!:D

topscribe
11-13-2010, 10:30 PM

Oh, so this is about JR now? :rolleyes:

-----

Jake Klug
11-13-2010, 10:31 PM

-----

Why? Are you trying to make it about you?

Nomad
11-13-2010, 10:35 PM

-----

That's the BS I was talking about top !!!;)

I Eat Staples
11-13-2010, 10:35 PM
3 of their losses were winnable games even with injuries. Were the injuries a problem when Denver went up in the 4th qtr against SF, a team missing their starting QB?

Don't get me wrong, I get your overall point and I agree for the most part. We can also agree that McD is a complete clown and needs to get fired immediately. All I'm saying is that the OP was just venting about some unfortunate injuries/events, so our opinion about McD isn't really relevant here. Nothing wrong with expressing disapproval whenever you can, but the fact that we were hit hard with injuries is completely valid and everyone has a right to complain about or discuss things.

When the McD apologists do it, it's counter-productive, so there's really no reason to stoop to their level. Also, I typically poke my head into threads and make anti-McD comments, but your comment basically undermined the point of this thread, which doesn't really make sense as you can't argue the fact that we have injuries. This thread wasn't about the injuries being an excuse, just that we have had some bad ones.

KCL
11-13-2010, 10:37 PM

-----

And JR is banned so one might not wanna use him as an
example...:lol:

Tned
11-13-2010, 10:39 PM
Maybe YOU can START by not getting involved in the NAME/SLAMMING/BELITTLING yourself.

Yes, I'll get right on that after I get over the irony of you having a link in your sig to a thread on another forum from which you were permabanned for personal attacks and belittling of other posters. :laugh:

Yep, I'm getting right on that.. ;)

topscribe
11-13-2010, 10:40 PM
Why? Are you trying to make it about you?

Well, if your intent was to derail this thread, then it was a job well done! :2thumbs:

-----

camdisco24

LOL now thats a stretch! I'm not Josh McDaniels fan, but as a BRONCOS fan, you can't help but admit we've had alot of crazy things go down this year. Of course injuries happen and the best teams are the ones that overcome them... but some of the problems we've had this year rarely all happen to a team all in one season. Pro-bowlers going down, a horrible suicide, a stupid DUI, ect... all in one season??? The football gods are PISSED.

KCL
Yes, I'll get right on that after I get over the irony of you having a link in your sig to a thread on another forum from which you were permabanned for personal attacks and belittling of other posters. :laugh:

Too funny Tned...WTM..You stepped right into that one my friend...;)

topscribe
11-13-2010, 10:42 PM

:tsk:

-----

pnbronco
11-13-2010, 10:44 PM
Thank Staples.....we are about 180 degrees on most things, but I really do appreciate you understanding that it's ok to vent about the whole if not for "bad luck there would be none at all"....right now.

Sometimes bad luck is just about bad luck.

topscribe
11-13-2010, 10:44 PM
Too funny Tned...WTM..You stepped right into that one my friend...;)

Probably because WTM was told three years ago that the past was supposed to
be the past for members from other boards . . .

-----

Watchthemiddle
11-13-2010, 10:47 PM

But I'M STILL HERE....:rofl:

And the sig is a mighty fine prediction that I was 100% right on :elefant:

Thanks for playing though and reading that beautiful sig

Next???

:focus:

Tned
11-13-2010, 10:48 PM
LOL now thats a stretch! I'm not Josh McDaniels fan, but as a BRONCOS fan, you can't help but admit we've had alot of crazy things go down this year. Of course injuries happen and the best teams are the ones that overcome them... but some of the problems we've had this year rarely all happen to a team all in one season. Pro-bowlers going down, a horrible suicide, a stupid DUI, ect... all in one season??? The football gods are PISSED.

Regardless of how fans feel about some of the personnel moves and other decisions of the last two years, it's impossible to argue that the Broncos haven't been decimated with injuries and bad luck. As pointed out, it doesn't excuse the 2-8 finish to last season, but it is certainly a factor this season.

KCL
11-13-2010, 10:50 PM
Probably because WTM was told three years ago that the past was supposed to
be the past for members from other boards . . .

-----

It was still funny to me top and I like WTM.

Tned
11-13-2010, 10:50 PM
I guess some need to read the COC about hijacking threads

Now that you bring that up, I've been meaning to talk to you about the thread hijacks.... ;)

pnbronco
11-13-2010, 10:51 PM

You know Camdi I had not even remembered that Doom, Clady and Dawks are pro-bowlers.... well I really think if Champ could of taken some down time he would of, I think duck tape is holding him together right now.

I could take some fresh fruit down to Invesco and see if it helps.....:D

Nomad
11-13-2010, 10:54 PM
You know Camdi I had not even remembered that Doom, Clady and Dawks are pro-bowlers.... well I really think if Champ could of taken some down time he would of, I think duck tape is holding him together right now.

I could take some fresh fruit down to Invesco and see if it helps.....:D

Speaking of Pro Bowlers, I don't believe we'll see any BRONCOS out there this year!! If so, who is worthy???

Watchthemiddle
11-13-2010, 10:54 PM
Now that you bring that up, I've been meaning to talk to you about the thread hijacks.... ;)

:cool:

I Eat Staples
11-13-2010, 10:56 PM
Speaking of Pro Bowlers, I don't believe we'll see any BRONCOS out there this year!! If so, who is worthy???

Kyle Orton, and possibly Brandon Lloyd if he keeps it up.

Nomad
11-13-2010, 10:58 PM

Kyle would be the only one I vote for, but he has tough competition in the AFC!!

camdisco24
11-13-2010, 10:59 PM

Prater? haha

Tned
11-13-2010, 11:00 PM
:cool:

Ooops, sorry, I see you deleted the crack about thread hijacking. I guess you realized the irony of YOU lecturing others on that. :lol:

Sorry, you keep tossing the soft balls.

Back to the topic (which wasn't haters or me)...

I think arguably the two biggest injuries (besides possibly Doom) have to be Harris and Clady.

I Eat Staples
11-13-2010, 11:01 PM
Kyle would be the only one I vote for, but he has tough competition in the AFC!!

Agreed. Rivers and Peyton are automatic bids, so the rest will be fighting for that last spot.

topscribe
11-13-2010, 11:07 PM
Agreed. Rivers and Peyton are automatic bids, so the rest will be fighting for that last spot.

Yeah, right now I wouldn't bet on it. One thing preventing it is 2-6, I'm sorry to say . . .

-----

KCL
11-13-2010, 11:07 PM

Esp against Matt Cassel...:lol:

pnbronco
11-13-2010, 11:25 PM
[/U]

Esp against Matt Cassel...:lol:

Sometime you're really funny.........:laugh:

I would love to see Kyle get in, but I think it will be long shot.

It will be interesting to see if Dawks get in this year.

So :focus: If anyone has a good cure for snake bites please call:

1-800-helpthebroncos.......

KCL
11-13-2010, 11:35 PM
Sometime you're really funny.........:laugh:

I would love to see Kyle get in, but I think it will be long shot.

It will be interesting to see if Dawks get in this year.

So :focus: If anyone has a good cure for snake bites please call:

1-800-helpthebroncos.......

What? You didn't think I was serious? :confused:
:lol:
I just try to put a little humor in things...I would send you
the cure but I am afraid my supply ran out...;)
plus I may be looking for some as the season gets along.
I hope not... :pray:

Cugel
11-14-2010, 12:16 AM
I dont believe in JUJU or Karma or VoodDoo or The Jinx.

But, Dang Son!

This team must have crossed paths with a whole herd of black cats.

You all know the list...
It started with Clady on a basketball court and Knowshon's hamstrings...
it continued with Kenny blowing his own brains out...
and now DJ gets a DUI.

I mean... all those threads on the bye week...
Start Tebow... Dont start Tebow... Hillis this and Ellis that...

who would have dreamed that we'd be shaking our heads at
DJ sitting on the bench during the first Quarter against KC?

I mean, seriously...

I cringe when I turn on my computer or radio...
expecting to hear another bad bit of news about my Broncos.

I am nervous about this game... wondering who is gonna go down for the season.

Next thing you know... we will find out...

NO. I wont start speculating...

There will be the next horrible real thing to talk about soon enough.

It really tries a Bronoc Fan's patience.

It is just that kind of year. :confused:

Don't worry about it! :beer: Do what I do and start drinking BEFORE the game! :beer:

THis season has long since gone irretrievably into the crapper. What difference will it make (outside of draft position) whether they finish 3-13, 4-12 or 5-11?

Does anybody, even the most delusional fan, think this team is going to the PLAYOFFS? Or even finish 6-2 to end with another 8-8 season?

I doubt even McDaniels expects that. When your team is this bad it's time to just relax and chalk it up to a losing season. Just watch the games without any expectations. If they win, great! Life just gave you an unexpected bonus!

If they lose as expected, well, it's not as if it matters at this point. It's just another nail in McDaniels coffin, and until he's FIRED and replaced with a decent coach, there's no hope for Denver. :coffee:

Elevation inc
11-14-2010, 04:23 AM

upon closer observation im not so sure orton will go......Lloyd i feel is a lock if he keeps it up, i was thinking DJ may finally get the love but his DUI just killed those chances

so yeah um Denvers pro bowl players??? brandon lloyd

PAINTERDAVE
11-14-2010, 04:39 AM
Wow... cranky fans.

I thought I was posting a thread we could all get on board with and simply agree for a change...

"Yeah buddy... we sure have had some bad luck this season..."

a distraction the night before the first game after the bye...
a chance to talk about something other than the rehashed subjects of the last two weeks.

Instead...
it reminds me of my sister-in-law...
when she says...

"Some morning's I wake up GRUMPY...
other days I just let him sleep in!"

I guess I should NOT have woke you up!

PAINTERDAVE
11-14-2010, 04:40 AM
The game cant get here soon enough...

all us comedians need new material around here.

Jaws
11-14-2010, 05:27 AM
BRONCOS will bite back tomorrow!!!!:defense:

They all just need to tap in to their inner sharks!

Nomad
11-14-2010, 09:28 AM

Nah I will expect and hope they lose then come into the gameday thread bitching and moaning so the HC will get fired and then degrade my team for the rest of the week!!! I will repeat this until Jan!!

Just kidding Jawsy:D, the BRONCOS will find their inner shark for the next 8 games and go on a tear!!

frenchfan
11-14-2010, 09:42 AM
LOL. This thread is like a "I support Josh McDaniels" therapy group.WTF is that answer????

Painter didn't try to forgive McD for anything...
Good teams can handle those situations and obviously we aren't a good team yet.

Now, you can't deny how much this team has been hurt those last years... So many injuries and so on...

This thread is not about making excuses or about McD... This thread is about our current bad luck. Plain and simple...

That's our bad years right now... But, as we say here in France, after the rain comes the sun... McD or not McD, I really don't care... I just want to see a good football team in Denver. Period.
Bring me Bellicheat, McD or Mr. Bean if you like to reach that goal...
But moreover, give me some talented and healthy players please :D

Peace.

topscribe
11-14-2010, 12:51 PM
Nah I will expect and hope they lose then come into the gameday thread bitching and moaning so the HC will get fired and then degrade my team for the rest of the week!!! I will repeat this until Jan!!

Just kidding Jawsy:D, the BRONCOS will find their inner shark for the next 8 games and go on a tear!!

No but, you know, it does set up somewhat of a bittersweet situation. Being
Broncos fans, of course, we're going to root for the Broncos to win. On the other
hand, if they win out, or a least finish with a winning record for the last half of the
season, then McDaniels will remain the HC.

Actually, I personally am not sure whether I want McDaniels to stay. But if I did
want him out, I could envision having those mixed emotions . . .

-----

Kapaibro
11-14-2010, 02:28 PM
:tsk:Dave, shame on you for posting such a flame war thread!:rolleyes:

No....

shame on those posters for making it about more than bad luck, when they should know better!
:tsk::tsk:

PAINTERDAVE
11-14-2010, 09:41 PM
Here is hoping the black cats are no longer on our path!

Hella win today.

pnbronco
11-15-2010, 01:23 AM

OK your a genius. As we were walking in I thought I should of brought a apple and put it by the fountain. My husband looked at me and said that could be a freaky and who knows what security would think.

So then I thought inner shark, boys bring out that inner shark through the first half. When they need to convert a third down I was putting my fingers over my head like a fin or stop them. It was great and all I wanted to do was hug you Sharkie... :hug: So glad to see a great game........:D