PDA

View Full Version : Concerts You Want To Go To Soon. . .

Requiem / The Dagda
08-15-2008, 08:50 AM
Sigor Ros will be in Minneapolis in a month.

Mogwai will be in Minneapolis in a little over a month.

Method Man in October.

Coldplay in November.

Coldplay is like 80 bucks though.

SR
08-15-2008, 08:53 AM
All That Remains and Trivium at the Tequila Lounge in Lubbock, TX on Sept. 19th. I'll be there and I can't friggin wait. Gonna be an amazing show.

Requiem / The Dagda
08-15-2008, 08:56 AM
All That Remains and Trivium at the Tequila Lounge in Lubbock, TX on Sept. 19th. I'll be there and I can't friggin wait. Gonna be an amazing show.

Have fun at that dude. Minneapolis has so many damn good shows, but I can't justify always making the trip to the cities and spending a couple hundred every other weekend. Well, I could -- but then I wouldn't get to go on a real vacation. I think I'm shooting for the Mogwai show; I'll have to convince some friends though. S/R at the Orpheum Theatre would be amazing, but I don't know anyone else who likes them; so I'd probably be going alone unless I could find someone.

I'll probably hit up Method Man too; just because I have a lot of wiggas who'd be down for that.

Northman
08-15-2008, 08:59 AM
Sigh/Zimmer's Hole at Jaxx Sept. 15th

Amon Amarth/Ensiferum/Belphegor Jaxx Oct. 21st

Watain/Book of Black Earth Jaxx Oct. 31st

SR
08-15-2008, 09:00 AM
It's gonna cost me a little bit to go to that show at Lubbock, but I haven't been to a concert that I REALLY wanted to go to in years, so it's worth it. I'm going with my buddy Andy and two tickets plus taxes and shipping was only $44. I figure that, plus maybe another $50 on drinks and another $50 on a hotel is about all I'll spend, but after I just dropped a grip of cash on an engagement ring I'm trying to build my savings back up.

Requiem / The Dagda
08-15-2008, 09:03 AM
Sigh/Zimmer's Hole at Jaxx Sept. 15th

Amon Amarth/Ensiferum/Belphegor Jaxx Oct. 21st

Watain/Book of Black Earth Jaxx Oct. 31st

Do you like Opeth? They'll be in Minneapolis soon.

NightTrainLayne
08-15-2008, 09:05 AM
It's gonna cost me a little bit to go to that show at Lubbock, but I haven't been to a concert that I REALLY wanted to go to in years, so it's worth it. I'm going with my buddy Andy and two tickets plus taxes and shipping was only $44. I figure that, plus maybe another $50 on drinks and another $50 on a hotel is about all I'll spend, but after I just dropped a grip of cash on an engagement ring I'm trying to build my savings back up.

Don't forget about $100 for gas. . .:D

SR
08-15-2008, 09:06 AM
Don't forget about $100 for gas. . .:D

I'm not paying for gas. I bought my buddy's ticket and he's driving, so he said he'd cover gas. Besides that he drives an Acura TSX and gets about 30 MPG on the highway. We'll make it to Lubbock and back on one tank.

Northman
08-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Do you like Opeth? They'll be in Minneapolis soon.

Yea, i like them but mainly their older material. But great band never the less. :D:beer:

SR
08-15-2008, 09:26 AM
I was never a big Opeth fan. Some of their songs are good, but not many of 'em. Just something about their style I don't much care for. Very talented band though.

Slick
08-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Sigor Ros will be in Minneapolis in a month.

Mogwai will be in Minneapolis in a little over a month.

Method Man in October.

Coldplay in November.

Coldplay is like 80 bucks though.

Coldplay Dream? Really?

I'm surprised.

Skinny
08-15-2008, 05:43 PM
Pearl Jam was here in June and their tickets were 70 bucks a pop. My sis got to go as a mothers day gift and she said her hubby and I got our moneys worth. She said they played for 3 hours and fifteen minutes and put on a great show.

I honestly have no idea who is coming and when, i'll have to surf around and see what's on the bill.

If i had a choice though, i would love to see The Black Crowes, Green Day, The Foo Fighters, Linkin Park, and Tool. Just to name a few.

Requiem / The Dagda
08-15-2008, 07:08 PM
Coldplay Dream? Really?

I'm surprised.

Coldplay is one of my um, "Don't want people to know I love their music." bands. Extremely talented. Like their older stuff. Don't listen too much, reminds me of the times with the ex-girly, but they're dope. It'd be like my rap loving friend thining Maroon 5 rocks. :D

Slick
08-15-2008, 07:48 PM
Coldplay is one of my um, "Don't want people to know I love their music." bands. Extremely talented. Like their older stuff. Don't listen too much, reminds me of the times with the ex-girly, but they're dope. It'd be like my rap loving friend thining Maroon 5 rocks. :D

A guilty pleasure...LOL. Hey, I still listen to Depeche Mode once in a while. If anyone asks why I have their whole discography, I say, for the ladies.

I would never throw down on someone for their taste in music. I was just surprised. :beer:

MasterShake
08-15-2008, 07:54 PM
Nine Inch Nails September, 2 @ Red Rocks Amphitheater.

I've had my tickets for this since like May and am really looking forward to it!

aberdien
08-16-2008, 12:30 AM
I'll let you know when I get a car and live within a reasonable distance for decent concert.

ikillz0mbies
09-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Since I have nothing to do on this warm Saturday night, I might as well reply to this. I'm going to a LOT here in Los Angeles since I go to a lot of them. I'll just list them since no one cares haha.

Mogwai-This Tuesday
These Arms Are Snakes-This Friday
Ra Ra Riot-In a couple of weeks
Okkervil River-Later this month
My Bloody Valentine-October
Sigur Ros-October
Deerhoof-October
She & Him-November
TV On The Radio-November
Minus the Bear-November
M83-November

OB
09-09-2008, 02:16 PM
I went to the Eagles concert saturday night - it was the opening of the new BOK Center in tulsa - they were fantastic - they havent lost it - i was impressed

PS - Dream - Lil Wayne is comin - want tix :D

Northman
09-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Going to go see Amon Amarth soon.

http://www.myspace.com/amonamarth

Kapaibro
09-09-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm going to see Madonna in Sevilla next week.

BigDaddyBronco
09-09-2008, 03:49 PM
I'm going to see Madonna in Sevilla next week.
Beef is gonna be jealous.

Den21vsBal19
09-09-2008, 04:41 PM
Going to see Queen & Paul Rodgers in November :rockon:

Then next year, I want to see the live version of Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds :D

ikillz0mbies
09-11-2008, 12:59 AM
Going to go see Amon Amarth soon.

http://www.myspace.com/amonamarth

They are AMAZING live. I don't really listen to death metal, they're are only an exceptional....few that I listen to (Dark Tranquility, Amon Amarth, Gloria Morti), I mainly listen to instrumental post-rock and indie. Have you seen DT live?