PDA

View Full Version : If Orton goes down - Tebow will be the QB

Denver Native (Carol)
11-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Not long ago, Coach McD was on with Vic & Gary.

You can listen to everything which was said.

http://www.877theticket.com/page.php?page_id=60

rcsodak
11-12-2010, 10:56 AM
transcribe!! :D
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BroncoStud
11-12-2010, 11:00 AM
It's a long interview, basically says that Tebow is the backup, Josh does script plays in the opening drive (sometimes and will Sunday), the Chiefs have great RBs, the Broncos need to get better at 2 things, and that they have the personnel currently to do so.

pnbronco
11-12-2010, 11:22 AM
It's a long interview, basically says that Tebow is the backup, Josh does script plays in the opening drive (sometimes and will Sunday), the Chiefs have great RBs, the Broncos need to get better at 2 things, and that they have the personnel currently to do so.

Hired for all further transcribes.......:D

T.K.O.
11-12-2010, 11:26 AM

i agree with mcD they need to get better at 2 things........
#1 scoring more points
#2 allowing fewer points !:salute:;)

Traveler
11-12-2010, 11:26 AM

Only two things?

rcsodak
11-12-2010, 11:27 AM
Hired for all further transcribes.......:D
true. Except for leaving me hanging on the "2 things" they need to get better at. My guess would be "scoring and winning"? :D

MasterShake
11-12-2010, 11:29 AM
The only thing they need to do and he mentioned in the interview is to start fast and make the Chiefs play from behind. If we can get up 2 or 3 scores before the half, the Chiefs won't be able to lean on their run game. We have been awful in the first quarter, so this would be huge to get some early scores.

Ravage!!!
11-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Ugh.. he admitted to scripting plays. Damn... with the lack of success in the first quarter, I think I would have hidden that tidbit :lol:

rcsodak
11-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Ugh.. he admitted to scripting plays. Damn... with the lack of success in the first quarter, I think I would have hidden that tidbit :lol:
It said "(sometimes...)". And didn't someone complain recently that he should start scripting cuz shanny always did? (not sure who it was)

Gimpygod
11-12-2010, 12:06 PM
It said "(sometimes...)". And didn't someone complain recently that he should start scripting cuz shanny always did? (not sure who it was)

this really is not an inconsistency. The absolute lack of productivity at the beginning of games (we have only scored seven points in the first quarter this year) gave the appearance nothing was scripted… Or even practiced for that matter. Turns out that horrible inefficiency is actually written on paper somewhere prior to the game:rolleyes: and just for you:coffee:

pnbronco
11-12-2010, 12:16 PM
true. Except for leaving me hanging on the "2 things" they need to get better at. My guess would be "scoring and winning"? :D

Oh it's so much more fun to fill in the blanks........;)

BroncoStud
11-12-2010, 01:22 PM

:laugh: I don't think he ever clarified those two things...

rcsodak
11-12-2010, 01:28 PM
this really is not an inconsistency. The absolute lack of productivity at the beginning of games (we have only scored seven points in the first quarter this year) gave the appearance nothing was scripted… Or even practiced for that matter. Turns out that horrible inefficiency is actually written on paper somewhere prior to the game:rolleyes: and just for you:coffee:
INSTIGATOR!!!

:D

BroncoJoe
11-12-2010, 01:32 PM
He also said something to the effect of Tebow will play this weekend.

rcsodak
11-12-2010, 02:31 PM
I heard he's starting!

:couch:

pnbronco
11-12-2010, 02:36 PM
I heard he's starting!

:couch:

:throwrock: :throwrock: bad....bad......stinker

TXBRONC
11-12-2010, 02:44 PM
It's not surprise if Orton goes down that Tebow would start.

broncofaninfla
11-12-2010, 02:46 PM
With Denvers OL it's not if but when Tebow will start. It's amazing Orton has lasted this long, it's a credit to him. Only a matter of time though, he'll get hurt if the OL continues to stink it up.

Mcd scripts his early plays too?!?!? I'm losing what little faith I have in him, we are last in the leauge in first quarter scoring. That is 100% on his shoulders. Amazing he admitted that.

underrated29
11-12-2010, 03:08 PM
why is it so amazing he scripts the plays?????

Now I have missed the last 3 games I think, so I have no clue what we looked like. But the first 4 games or so I remember us driving down the field, getting into the redzone on most of those trips, only to be taken out of it, by back to back holding penalites, or false starts, or delay of game or Orton sacks, or stuffed runs for losses.

Not sure what you guys remember, but I remember those drives well. We come out really hot and drive the field and then lose out because of penalties, or one of the listed above.

I like the scripted plays and our offense has from the games I have seen. Come out looking pretty good.

rcsodak
11-12-2010, 03:15 PM

Now I have missed the last 3 games I think, so I have no clue what we looked like. But the first 4 games or so I remember us driving down the field, getting into the redzone on most of those trips, only to be taken out of it, by back to back holding penalites, or false starts, or delay of game or Orton sacks, or stuffed runs for losses.

Not sure what you guys remember, but I remember those drives well. We come out really hot and drive the field and then lose out because of penalties, or one of the listed above.

I like the scripted plays and our offense has from the games I have seen. Come out looking pretty good.
agreed. And I'll also say that during preseason, when the 1st team was driving the ball down the throats of the D, 99% on here were howling at how GREAT the O was goiing to be. But as mentioned, penalties, injuries and lack of continuity have doomed them thus far.

Dzone
11-12-2010, 03:22 PM
2 THINGS? HOW ABOUT BLOCKING AND TACKLING? A good place to start, since they have appeared to not know how to do either

Dzone
11-12-2010, 03:23 PM
If Tebow starts, I will guarantee I will be on the edge of my seat..I wish he would just do it. Start Tebow!

broncofaninfla
11-14-2010, 09:07 AM

I'm not amazed he scripts plays, I'm amazed he admitted that he scripts plays. Denver is DEAD last in the league in first quarter scoring, how can you like that?? Even with preparation in these plays leading up to each game they STILL fail. That's a fail on game planning and coaching.

Lancane
11-14-2010, 11:37 AM
I'm not amazed he scripts plays, I'm amazed he admitted that he scripts plays. Denver is DEAD last in the league in first quarter scoring, how can you like that?? Even with preparation in these plays leading up to each game they STILL fail. That's a fail on game planning and coaching.

What's funny is that it's the complete opposite of the man he replaced; Shanahan scripted the first fifty or so plays of a game and Denver under him was always more explosive during the first period, let alone the first half. It was the second half in which we let up under him, usually thanks to horrid defensive play.

underrated29
11-14-2010, 08:58 PM
damnit Mcd. There you go again.

Scripting those plays........... I cant stand it!!!

Especially when we do not have any holding penalties, or false starts or illegal motions to set us back. Please, someone make it stop. The rest of the nfl wont be able to handle us.

BroncoWave
11-14-2010, 09:07 PM
What's funny is that it's the complete opposite of the man he replaced; Shanahan scripted the first fifty or so plays of a game and Denver under him was always more explosive during the first period, let alone the first half. It was the second half in which we let up under him, usually thanks to horrid defensive play.

It was 15, not 50.

Watchthemiddle
11-14-2010, 09:11 PM
damnit Mcd. There you go again.

Scripting those plays........... I cant stand it!!!

Especially when we do not have any holding penalties, or false starts or illegal motions to set us back. Please, someone make it stop. The rest of the nfl wont be able to handle us.

Good point...I didn't realize that we had no penalties if any they didn't make a difference.