PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Buzz | Haley ponders similarities between Chiefs, Broncos

KCL
11-11-2010, 01:39 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/2010/11/10/2419119/chiefs-notes-haley-ponders-similarities.html

Haley compares Chiefs, Broncos

Both teams have experienced good times and bad, and with Denver and Kansas City in their second seasons under new leadership, Chiefs coach Todd Haley said Wednesday that there are plenty of similarities between the teams.

Both have young coaches: Haley is 43, and Broncos coach Josh McDaniels is 34. Both have undergone sour seasons — Denver, at 2-6, is experiencing one now — and both have had impressive starts. The Broncos started 6-0 in 2009, and the Chiefs started this season 3-0 and were the NFL’s last unbeaten team.

“You’re still looking at a new beginning,” Haley said. “This is an opportunity to start fresh. That’s probably what they’re doing. Their record isn’t what they want it to be; ours isn’t what we’d like it to be, but it is what it is. You are what you are. The key for us is that we just keep making progress. If we don’t do that, if we slip that way, we’re just not at a state where we can overcome it. Every day is so critical to us.”

Broncolingus
11-11-2010, 03:16 PM
The only similarity I see is both teams are going (solidly) in one direction...

...and hey, guess what? ...not the same effing direction either!

-Mini-Rant Complete-

I Eat Staples
11-11-2010, 05:03 PM
The only similarity I see is both teams are going (solidly) in one direction...

...and hey, guess what? ...not the same effing direction either!

-Mini-Rant Complete-

Agreed. I think currently, neither of these teams are good. But the Chiefs are certainly showing promise, and the only promise the Broncos are showing is that I promise we won't be good under McD.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Does anyone know if the Chiefs have had the number of injuries the Broncos have had this year, and long term injuries, either year ending, or loss of a lot of playing time, and to starters?

I Eat Staples
11-11-2010, 05:49 PM
Does anyone know if the Chiefs have had the number of injuries the Broncos have had this year, and long term injuries, either year ending, or loss of a lot of playing time, and to starters?

Not many teams have had as many injuries as us.

broncobryce
11-11-2010, 06:14 PM
The Chiefs are 2-3 in their last 5 games. Denver is 1-4. I don't think they are that much better than us.

Dzone
11-11-2010, 06:21 PM
I expect the Broncos to step up to the plate and give us a good game.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this new O-line is just the right combination for a breakout game. Hoping Harris is a better tackle than Beadles and Beadles is a better guard than Hockstein and Daniels...if it works out well, this could be our O-line for the next 5 years.

I would like to see Lance Ball on the field.

TimTebow15MVP
11-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Lol look at the chiefs 5 wins.... and there 5 wins they coulda very well lost! they beat chargers,browns,niners, jags, bills, wow.

the broncos 4 of there 6 losses were vs good teams and we could very well one had a thing bounced our way. we are not as pathetic as our record will be. IMO.

the chiefs havent even beat a team with a winning record this year! we have a significant win in tennessee on the road. show me one from KC? barely winning games vs bad teams consistantly means your an average team. KC is average at full strenght! the broncos are above average and missing so many top dogs.

Ravage!!!
11-11-2010, 06:54 PM
In the NFL... who cares who you beat? You can say that about ANY team in the NFL.. "Who have they played?" Thats a question for college football, not for the NFL. THe Baltimore Ravens... how many good teams have they beaten? The steelers? The Giants? We can go on and on. ANY team can beat ANY team in the NFL... any given Sunday. So if you win, you WIN.... period. Don't try to discredit another team's wins, with the college "who have they played" card. Doesn't hold much water in the NFL.

The Browns just beat who? Oh.. thats right. They just put the BEAT DOWN on the Patriots. Who have the Niners and Jags beaten? Oh thats right.. US.

TimTebow15MVP
11-11-2010, 07:01 PM
oh it holds plenty weight because when you play the good teams like houston and indy and lose it shows your not a big dog. Your just an average team. You wanna look at the ravens? well lets look at them. They beat the giants and steelers. Give me just one team the chiefs beat that was good or even had a winning record? we all know the giants and steelers are good. show me one of those chiefs 5 wins that you say wow the chiefs are foreal....

Every team those defining wins at this point of the season if your good......

Northman
11-11-2010, 07:03 PM
oh it holds plenty weight because when you play the good teams like houston and indy and lose it shows your not a big dog. Your just an average team. You wanna look at the ravens? well lets look at them. They beat the giants and steelers. Give me just one team the chiefs beat that was good or even had a winning record? we all know the giants and steelers are good. show me one of those chiefs 5 wins that you say wow the chiefs are foreal....

Saints and Patriots lost to Cleveland. Does this mean Cleveland is better than them? :lol:

KCL
11-11-2010, 07:11 PM
The Chiefs are 2-3 in their last 5 games. Denver is 1-4. I don't think they are that much better than us.

We lost to the Texans,Colt and Raiders...they played well against all 3 of them even though they lost.

Ravage!!!
11-11-2010, 07:18 PM

And bad teams get lucky.. like we did against the Titans.

The Ravens are one of the best teams in the NFL, so is Pitt. They are definitely a top team in the NFL, but have beaten Cinci, Miami, and Cleveland.. while getting beat by NO in the last four games. They've also got beat by the Ravens. So are they a top team, or not?

Jets... lost to Baltimore and Packers... but the toughest team they'v beaten is the NE Patriots.. who just got whipped by Cleveland.

If NE isn't a top team, then I guess counting that win shouldn't even matter. If NE IS a top team, then you have to say that Cleveland must be a better team than you give them credit for.. thus a win for the Chiefs.

The Giants look like one of the top teams, but they lost to Titans and Indy.. but have won against Carolina Panthers, Chicago Bears, Houston Texans Detroit Lions, and the Dallas Cowboys. So are they a good team?

The Packers are pretty good, right? One of only two teams to beat teh Jets...but.... lost to Chicago, Wash, and Miami. They've beaten Philly, Buff, Detroit, Minn, and Dallas.

But I thought Philly was a good team??? If they are a good team, then how is it they got beat by a mediocre Packer team.. when they were healthy at the beginning of the year? They've loste to GB, Washington, and Tenn. and have only beaten Jacksonville, Atlanta, Detroit, Indy, and San Fran.

Indy MUST be good,yet, who have they beaten?

New Orleans is a pretty good team, they beat the Steelers... but.. they just got beat up on by CLeveland... the same team that whipped NE... but then, you didn't count the win against the Browns because they aren't any good :confused:

TimTebow15MVP
11-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Saints and Patriots lost to Cleveland. Does this mean Cleveland is better than them? :lol:

Nope but the saints and patriots are far better than KC. record wise kc is in okay shape for now. but when your average your gonna end up losing those games you were barely winning, there 2-3 there last 5 games. its already catching up to them. Didnt we witness this last year? we were an average team super overachieving. we beat some good teams during that stretch though. but it caught up with us and 2-8 down the stretch after being 6-0... KC got to 3-0 and now there 2-3 there last 5 games and have no significant win. I just dont think KC is a good team. And they wont even win the division the tasers will.

Northman
11-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Nope but the saints and patriots are far better than KC. record wise kc is in okay shape for now. but when your average your gonna end up losing those games you were barely winning, there 2-3 there last 5 games. its already catching up to them. Didnt we witness this last year? we were an average team super overachieving. we beat some good teams during that stretch though. but it caught up with us and 2-8 down the stretch after being 6-0... KC got to 3-0 and now there 2-3 there last 5 games and have no significant win. I just dont think KC is a good team. And they wont even win the division the tasers will.

Do i think they are better than some of the other teams in the league? No. Do i think they are better than us? Oh yea.

The question isnt whether or not the Chiefs still have more work to do. That much is obvious. But they are well on their way compared to us right now which is basically what the point of the thread was. Really, its a 3 way fight between KC, Oak, and SD for the division because each of them has a weakness somewhere on their respective teams but KC could easily win the division. If they improve throughout the year more that chance goes up a lot.

KCL
11-11-2010, 07:28 PM
Go ahead and diss the Chiefs..then look at Denver's record..makes no diff to me if you wanna call them bad/average whatever...yes the games we won..we could have lost and vice versa...the games we lost..we could have won...it's the NFL..All pro teams...Denver lost to the niners..got their asses handed to them by the Raiders at home.What does that make Denver? Better than KC? An average team? A bad team? what?

For a team that didn't win many games the last 2 seasons..I'd say this is a step in the right direction.I would say the Chiefs are average right now but this season will help them build for the future.

We hung tough with the Texans and the Colts.The Raiders are doing well this season...better than most give them credit for.

Just remember who Denver lost to in Denver the last game of the season...This isn't the same Chiefs team..they're not SB bound by no means...may not even get into the playoffs but I don't think they are a bad team.

They could very well lose to Denver this weekend and if they do...it won't mean they're a bad team..it'll just mean they lost to a bad team.

Whatever...:coffee:

Carol to answer your question..the only key player we have injured is Dexter McCluster who I hope will be able to play Sunday..I think it's doubtful though.

Ravage!!!
11-11-2010, 07:28 PM
I dont think the Chiefs are a GOOD team... but they've made MUCH more strides than we have. They are a BETTER team than the Broncos at this point.

TimTebow15MVP
11-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Yeah we was well on our way at 6-0 too.

KCL
11-11-2010, 07:32 PM
And bad teams get lucky.. like we did against the Titans.

The Ravens are one of the best teams in the NFL, so is Pitt. They are definitely a top team in the NFL, but have beaten Cinci, Miami, and Cleveland.. while getting beat by NO in the last four games. They've also got beat by the Ravens. So are they a top team, or not?

Jets... lost to Baltimore and Packers... but the toughest team they'v beaten is the NE Patriots.. who just got whipped by Cleveland.

If NE isn't a top team, then I guess counting that win shouldn't even matter. If NE IS a top team, then you have to say that Cleveland must be a better team than you give them credit for.. thus a win for the Chiefs.

The Giants look like one of the top teams, but they lost to Titans and Indy.. but have won against Carolina Panthers, Chicago Bears, Houston Texans Detroit Lions, and the Dallas Cowboys. So are they a good team?

The Packers are pretty good, right? One of only two teams to beat teh Jets...but.... lost to Chicago, Wash, and Miami. They've beaten Philly, Buff, Detroit, Minn, and Dallas.

But I thought Philly was a good team??? If they are a good team, then how is it they got beat by a mediocre Packer team.. when they were healthy at the beginning of the year? They've loste to GB, Washington, and Tenn. and have only beaten Jacksonville, Atlanta, Detroit, Indy, and San Fran.

Indy MUST be good,yet, who have they beaten?

New Orleans is a pretty good team, they beat the Steelers... but.. they just got beat up on by CLeveland... the same team that whipped NE... but then, you didn't count the win against the Browns because they aren't any good :confused:

Excellent post Ravage....:beer:

TimTebow15MVP
11-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Go ahead and diss the Chiefs..then look at Denver's record..makes no diff to me if you wanna call them bad/average whatever...yes the games we won..we could have lost and vice versa...the games we lost..we could have won...it's the NFL..All pro teams...Denver lost to the niners..got their asses handed to them by the Raiders at home.What does that make Denver? Better than KC? An average team? A bad team? what?

For a team that didn't win many games the last 2 seasons..I'd say this is a step in the right direction.I would say the Chiefs are average right now but this season will help them build for the future.

We hung tough with the Texans and the Colts.The Raiders are doing well this season...better than most give them credit for.

Just remember who Denver lost to in Denver the last game of the season...This isn't the same Chiefs team..they're not SB bound by no means...may not even get into the playoffs but I don't think they are a bad team.

They could very well lose to Denver this weekend and if they do...it won't mean they're a bad team..it'll just mean they lost to a bad team.

Whatever...:coffee:

Carol to answer your question..the only key player we have injured is Dexter McCluster who I hope will be able to play Sunday..I think it's doubtful though.

Okay i understand, congrats for graduating from pathetic to below average. If you had not wasted picks on dorsey and jackson and berry you might had been foreal. those are too high of picks to miss on buddy.

KCL
11-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Okay i understand, congrats for graduating from pathetic to below average. If you had not wasted picks on dorsey and jackson and berry you might had been foreal. those are too high of picks to miss on buddy.

LMAO....:lol:

Nomad
11-11-2010, 07:55 PM
LMAO....:lol:

Yeah buddy!! Lady when did you become a buddy and not let us know!!:shocked::lol: Hey if you don't want Dorsey or Jackson, we'll take em!:D

KCL
11-11-2010, 07:58 PM
Yeah buddy!! Lady when did you become a buddy and not let us know!!:shocked::lol: Hey if you don't want Dorsey or Jackson, we'll take em!:D

Just now I guess Nomad...nah you don't want em...wasted picks...
You don't want Berry? another wasted pick :D

Ravage!!!
11-11-2010, 08:00 PM

All three are starting.. and Dorsey is a beast.

Ravage!!!
11-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Hey if you don't want Dorsey or Jackson, we'll take em!:D

Absolutely!!

KCL
11-11-2010, 08:03 PM
All three are starting.. and Dorsey is a beast.

Berry is doing well for a waste of a pick..hell I remember when the Chiefs drafted him...dog hated it that he went to the Chiefs...:laugh:

I Eat Staples
11-11-2010, 08:05 PM
The Chiefs have built a solid foundation for the future through the draft. They need to improve their OLine, add a few pieces on defense, and get a good QB. I don't think the Chiefs are as good as their record, but they have a good future in front of them if everything works out. That last bit remains to be seen, of course, but I'd rather be heading the direction they're heading in then the direction we're heading in.

That said, I still don't think KC makes the playoffs this year. SD will come back and win the division and get bounced in the first or second round like usual. Nothing much to see here really. :welcome:

Nomad
11-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Absolutely!!

Yep! It's hard to see players like Dorsey and Jackson and Hester who I cheered for them for 3 and 4 yrs then they're on the division rivals team......heartbreaking!!

I Eat Staples
11-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Berry is doing well for a waste of a pick..hell I remember when the Chiefs drafted him...dog hated it that he went to the Chiefs...:laugh:

Dorsey and Jackson were questionable picks but it looks like they might be coming around. Berry, though, was one of the most talented defensive players to come into the NFL in a while. He'll be an all-star caliber safety in this league for a long time.

KCL
11-11-2010, 08:06 PM
The Chiefs have built a solid foundation for the future through the draft. They need to improve their OLine, add a few pieces on defense, and get a good QB. I don't think the Chiefs are as good as their record, but they have a good future in front of them if everything works out. That last bit remains to be seen, of course, but I'd rather be heading the direction they're heading in then the direction we're heading in.

That said, I still don't think KC makes the playoffs this year. SD will come back and win the division and get bounced in the first or second round like usual. Nothing much to see here really. :welcome:

That O line is actually not doing too bad.

I Eat Staples
11-11-2010, 08:12 PM
That O line is actually not doing too bad.

Yeah I know, it doesn't hurt to have Thomas Jones and Jamal Charles running through those holes either, though. I haven't really watched the Chiefs or payed attention to their O-Line, but I know it was pretty bad last year. Did they make changes or are they just playing better?

KCL
11-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Yeah I know, it doesn't hurt to have Thomas Jones and Jamal Charles running through those holes either, though. I haven't really watched the Chiefs or payed attention to their O-Line, but I know it was pretty bad last year. Did they make changes or are they just playing better?

A little bit of both...got Weigman back...thank you Denver and Waters is a solid player.The line has done well for the 2 backs...Raiders did a good job last week of shutting down the running game but other than that...the 2 of them are doing well...Charles got a little banged up last week...if they can get McCluster healthy again..that will really help.

Northman
11-11-2010, 08:22 PM

Wow, you are something mate. You say on one hand that Berry is a bust in his rookie season but that the only thing Denver is missing is Tebow. :lol:

Your not making a great case for yourself here.

KCL
11-11-2010, 08:27 PM

I had to laugh at this post cause this was the only way he could think to respond to my post...and dissing the Chiefs picks..esp Berry..funny stuff right there..:laugh:

KCL
11-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Wow, you are something mate. You say on one hand that Berry is a bust in his rookie season but that the only thing Denver is missing is Tebow. :lol:

Your not making a great case for yourself here.

No he isn't and I had to reply to his post a second time...dude is a Tebow fan for sure and knows absolutely nothing about the Chiefs til this season.

Northman
11-11-2010, 08:30 PM
No he isn't and I had to reply to his post a second time...dude is a Tebow fan for sure and knows absolutely nothing about the Chiefs til this season.

Par for the course unfortuantely. I like having new fans of the Broncos but some of them really embarrass the fanbase at times. :lol:

I Eat Staples
11-11-2010, 08:33 PM
Par for the course unfortuantely. I like having new fans of the Broncos but some of them really embarrass the fanbase at times. :lol:

This^^^^

Please know a bit about what you're saying before posting about it guys. That is all.

:welcome:

ETA: Just to reiterate, at least google Eric Berry or something. Damn.

KCL
11-11-2010, 08:39 PM
This^^^^

Please know a bit about what you're saying before posting about it guys. That is all.

:welcome:

ETA: Just to reiterate, at least google Eric Berry or something. Damn.

I'd like to think that Piloi is pretty good at evaluating talent...from what I hear..he is.

I Eat Staples
11-11-2010, 08:42 PM
I'd like to think that Piloi is pretty good at evaluating talent...from what I hear..he is.

He's looking like a GM of the year candidate right now. The only thing he did that I consider a huge mistake was trading for Matt Cassell. His drafts look good.

KCL
11-11-2010, 08:49 PM
He's looking like a GM of the year candidate right now. The only thing he did that I consider a huge mistake was trading for Matt Cassell. His drafts look good.

I somewhat agree...because of the money they paid him but I think and this is just my thoughts..that in the future years...he will be drafting/trading and what have you players that he can build the offense around Cassel..good OL,Backs,WRs..just get the ball to them and let them do the rest...I hope that makes sense..because he isn't all that good but he isn't JaMarcus Russell bad...:lol:

I Eat Staples
11-11-2010, 09:09 PM
I somewhat agree...because of the money they paid him but I think and this is just my thoughts..that in the future years...he will be drafting/trading and what have you players that he can build the offense around Cassel..good OL,Backs,WRs..just get the ball to them and let them do the rest...I hope that makes sense..because he isn't all that good but he isn't JaMarcus Russell bad...:lol:

Not many QBs are JaBust bad. :D

Cassell has looked like a good game manager this year, but I think KC needs to think about a different QB of the future if they want to become an elite team.

TimTebow15MVP
11-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Ive been a bronco fan for a long time, Just because i think tebow is about to revolutionize the QB position doesnt mean im not a bronco die hard. I dont want my team to mirrow the chiefs because there simply not a good team. they wasted too many top 5 picks on bust. Berry is slow as dirt. At best hes a pretty good run stuffer. In coverage a liability because hes slow. Definitly not worthy of a top 10 pick.

I Eat Staples
11-11-2010, 10:33 PM
Ive been a bronco fan for a long time, Just because i think tebow is about to revolutionize the QB position doesnt mean im not a bronco die hard. I dont want my team to mirrow the chiefs because there simply not a good team. they wasted too many top 5 picks on bust. Berry is slow as dirt. At best hes a pretty good run stuffer. In coverage a liability because hes slow. Definitly not worthy of a top 10 pick.

I'm fairly sure all 32 teams would disagree with your take on Berry. I personally had him as my second best overall player in the draft, behind Ndamukong Suh. Not that my opinion means anything, but still. :D

KCL
11-11-2010, 10:44 PM

Dude...give it up...you would love to see him playing for the Broncos.

TimTebow15MVP
11-11-2010, 10:52 PM
Not really im looking for a Laron Landry type of safety. A more COMPLETE safety. give me brian lainhart in round 6 back there with mcbath and im good. Dont really want a one trick pony at safety anymore. maybe if we ran a defense where the safeties down aroound the box all the time but since we dont.....no i truly dont want Berry im glad you have him. Youll see what i mean on sunday when Lloyd is smoking flowers slow ass and berry slow ass deep for 70....... :) believe it

KCL
11-11-2010, 10:54 PM

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2010/profiles/eric%20-berry?id=496723

Berry has been the most active secondary player for the Volunteers over the past three years. Berry has average size for the safety position but plays bigger than his dimensions would suggest. He is a physical run support player when filling the alley as well as a hard-nosed defender in the passing game. He is a confident player with great leadership skills. Eric shows great vision and instincts reacting to plays as they develop. He anticipates well to jump routes and make a play on the ball. Berry is a good blitz defender that has a good sense of when to hit a crease. He plays with a high motor that works through trash to get to the pile. Berry doesn’t have impressive size but the combination of athleticism, instincts, toughness, production and leadership qualities make him one of the top safety prospects in the 2010 draft.

Pick Analysis: The Chiefs ignore their needs along the offensive line to add a dynamic playmaker in the secondary. As a safety with rare corner-like skills, Berry is capable of roaming the deep middle or covering slot receivers in man-to-man. With his underrated blitz skills, Berry figures to be an important part of Romeo Crennel's aggressive defense.

KCL
11-11-2010, 11:17 PM
anY1kEstWHE

Let's turn this into a Eric Berry thread...:lol:

TimTebow15MVP
11-11-2010, 11:20 PM
Lets not there hasnt been much to talk about..........Like i said just hope hes a tackling machine. because thats all hes capable of being in this league. I dont think you draft slow tackling machine safeties that high. But in round 3 hell yeah

KCL
11-11-2010, 11:32 PM
Lets not there hasnt been much to talk about..........Like i said just hope hes a tackling machine. because thats all hes capable of being in this league. I dont think you draft slow tackling machine safeties that high. But in round 3 hell yeah

See my above post...the NFL analyst think different...I think I will take their opinion over yours but thanks for the input.

Northman
11-11-2010, 11:38 PM
Berry didnt look that slow to me. lmao

Ravage!!!
11-11-2010, 11:48 PM

What are you talking about? Slow? He was thought of as being the best safeties in the draf, a player I would have LOVED in Denver.....and you .. YOU.... have him rated as a 3rd round pick? :lol:

Well.. ok. YOu are welcome to your opinion. But how do you figure thy have any high round pick busts???? :confused:

Thats interesting...because I have Tebow nothing better than a 3rd round pick... so.... I guess there you go.

KCL
11-11-2010, 11:56 PM
What are you talking about? Slow? He was thought of as being the best safeties in the draf, a player I would have LOVED in Denver.....and you .. YOU.... have him rated as a 3rd round pick? :lol:

Well.. ok. YOu are welcome to your opinion. But how do you figure thy have any high round pick busts???? :confused:

Thats interesting...because I have Tebow nothing better than a 3rd round pick... so.... I guess there you go.

Damn...is McCluster a bust as well....;) I love me some Dexter...I hope he is able to play Sunday.

TimTebow15MVP
11-12-2010, 12:08 AM
omg

KCL
11-12-2010, 12:11 AM
okay...:focus:

This thread isn't about Berry or Tebow.

How are the Broncos and the Chiefs alike? Are they alike some? A lot?
Besides having HCs that are both in their second year..not sure I see
anything else.

Broncos seems to have taken a step back...where as the Chiefs
have taken a step forward...it happens.

Ravage!!!
11-12-2010, 01:06 AM
okay...:focus:

This thread isn't about Berry or Tebow.

How are the Broncos and the Chiefs alike? Are they alike some? A lot?
Besides having HCs that are both in their second year..not sure I see
anything else.

Broncos seems to have taken a step back...where as the Chiefs
have taken a step forward...it happens.

Both have QBs that were involved in trades that put them on their respective teams. Both QBs are in their second seasons with their current teams. Neither is considered more than a place-holder.

Both teams have coaches that have come from the Belicheck tree. Crennel, Weis, and of course McDaniels..... as well as Pioli.

Both teams have ex-players from the Patriots. We have as many as we can acquire, and you guys have Vrabel (anyone else?).

Both teams have young kickers, and both teams have punters named Colquitt.

Both teams run a 34 defense.

Both have LTs that were taken in the first round of the same Draft. Both teams, have at one time, had Wiegmann as their starting center.

KCL
11-12-2010, 07:13 AM
Both have QBs that were involved in trades that put them on their respective teams. Both QBs are in their second seasons with their current teams. Neither is considered more than a place-holder.

Both teams have coaches that have come from the Belicheck tree. Crennel, Weis, and of course McDaniels..... as well as Pioli.

Both teams have ex-players from the Patriots. We have as many as we can acquire, and you guys have Vrabel (anyone else?).

Both teams have young kickers, and both teams have punters named Colquitt.

Both teams run a 34 defense.

Both have LTs that were taken in the first round of the same Draft. Both teams, have at one time, had Wiegmann as their starting center.

You're right as far as that goes...lots of links to the Pats team.
Both coaches were OC at one time...Cassel came from the Pats along with Vrabel...you know that.

roomemp
11-12-2010, 07:51 AM
Agreed. I think currently, neither of these teams are good. But the Chiefs are certainly showing promise, and the only promise the Broncos are showing is that I promise we won't be good under McD.

They have the #1 Rushing game.......They are good sorry to say......We Will be better on Sunday though

Nomad
11-12-2010, 08:23 AM
They have the #1 Rushing game.......They are good sorry to say......We Will be better on Sunday though

Right on!! I'm expecting a win though it'll be a tough game!! Like I said in the Lance Ball thread, he have a breakout game like Q.Griffin did in 04!! I'm ready for this game!!

BRONCOS 31
Chiefs 27

rcsodak
11-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Dorsey and Jackson were questionable picks but it looks like they might be coming around. Berry, though, was one of the most talented defensive players to come into the NFL in a while. He'll be an all-star caliber safety in this league for a long time.
Funny how you give opposing team's players kudos for 'finally coming around', but not willing to do the same for broncos. I understand the 'higher expectations' mantra, but sometimes reality is a cold slap in the face. Some players excel yr1 (suh), but generally they're the exception more than the rule.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rcsodak
11-12-2010, 11:15 AM
I wonder how many trick plays haley pulls from his ass? Seems to be relying on the ALOT in order to stay in games.
I remember shanny doing some early in his coaching, and when they worked I was like HELLYA!
I wish McD would get creative that way.

Ravage!!!
11-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Dorsey and Jackson were questionable picks but it looks like they might be coming around. .

I have to disagree... how was Dorsey a questionable pick?? We've seen it take normally 3 years for a NT/DT to start showing his stuff in the NFL....thats on par. Dorsey is a beast, and was coming out of college. I dont think that was a questionable pick in the least.

I Eat Staples
11-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Damn...is McCluster a bust as well....;) I love me some Dexter...I hope he is able to play Sunday.

That's where we disagree. McCluster was a HB/WR hybrid coming into the draft and I wouldn't take a "gadget" player like that higher than the mid-rounds.

Funny how you give opposing team's players kudos for 'finally coming around', but not willing to do the same for broncos. I understand the 'higher expectations' mantra, but sometimes reality is a cold slap in the face. Some players excel yr1 (suh), but generally they're the exception more than the rule.

I'd love to give some of our young players kudos for coming around, but unfortunately I'm still waiting for that to actually happen. Ayers looked like he was showing promise, but I can't call him a good or bad pick until he gets on the field and shows what he can really do. And other than him, none of McD's picks have come around at all.

KCL
11-12-2010, 04:25 PM
That's where we disagree. McCluster was a HB/WR hybrid coming into the draft and I wouldn't take a "gadget" player like that higher than the mid-rounds.

I think McCluster was worth it...if he can get healthy again.

TimTebow15MVP
11-14-2010, 06:38 PM
told yall kc was an below average team.

KCL
11-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Nah...Denver just played better today.

BTW-Congrats on your first year as an NFL fan.

atwater27
11-14-2010, 07:11 PM
I have to disagree... how was Dorsey a questionable pick?? We've seen it take normally 3 years for a NT/DT to start showing his stuff in the NFL....thats on par. Dorsey is a beast, and was coming out of college. I dont think that was a questionable pick in the least.

I would have taken Dorsey #1 overall.

TimTebow15MVP
11-14-2010, 07:57 PM
Lol all those top 5 draft picks on defense gave up 49 easy touchdowns. Seriously when oakland scored on denver a ton the broncos were turning the ball over on the wrong side of the field, giving oakland short fields. today was just a beating. Theres noway a good team can get pounded so easily like KC did today with all those high round draft picks. Did you see berry in coverage? where was he? KCs secondary cannot fly with out wideouts. If your team doesnt have fast corners your not covering the broncos wideouts. there too explosive everywhere! Add the runniing game and you cant stop the broncos offense PERIOD.

next year is our year. be patient my die hard broncos fans.

KCL
11-14-2010, 08:22 PM
Lol all those top 5 draft picks on defense gave up 49 easy touchdowns. Seriously when oakland scored on denver a ton the broncos were turning the ball over on the wrong side of the field, giving oakland short fields. today was just a beating. Theres noway a good team can get pounded so easily like KC did today with all those high round draft picks. Did you see berry in coverage? where was he? KCs secondary cannot fly with out wideouts. If your team doesnt have fast corners your not covering the broncos wideouts. there too explosive everywhere! Add the runniing game and you cant stop the broncos offense PERIOD.

next year is our year. be patient my die hard broncos fans.

Welcome to the NFL....:beer: