PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Ticket Customers - save some money

ktrain
08-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Directv is having an issue with billing where they are double billing for NFL Sunday Ticket, this was just the last straw for me, and I had to take action.

Since last year the broncos were on free TV over half the time, and I really can't stand that ***** goddell (and frankly resent my hard earned dollars supporting his narcissistic dictatorial front office), I decided to cancel my ticket. While I knew in some ways this was "cutting off my nose to spite my face" as I would be missing many of the bronco games, I was willing to do this.

When I told the customer service rep that I wanted to cancel the Ticket, she asked why, I told her Goddell is a ***** and she offered me $10 per month for 6 months to keep the ticket. I was going to tell her "no", but decided to see if I could get them to give me $20 per month off for 6 months. After some checking the CSR came back with an offer to give me my high definition package ($9.95/mo) free for 6 months. Basically, my desire to save some money and watch the broncos overcame my desire to stick it to Goddell and I caved.

That phone call saved me $120 bucks and took about 5 minutes. I am sure everyone could get the same deal if they tried. Plus hopefully, if enough fans threaten to cancel because goodell is a *****, maybe the nfl owners will get the message and fire his ass!

LRtagger
08-15-2008, 08:37 AM
All cable and satellite companies will discount you if you call and threaten to cancel.

We called Time Warner threatening to cancel our service and go with another cheaper service, they gave us $40 off for 12 months. Basically, we are getting our hi-speed internet for free.

I think we may switch to DTV to get sunday ticket though...maybe I'll mention the deal they gave you and see if they will match it :D

ktrain
08-15-2008, 01:59 PM
All cable and satellite companies will discount you if you call and threaten to cancel.

We called Time Warner threatening to cancel our service and go with another cheaper service, they gave us $40 off for 12 months. Basically, we are getting our hi-speed internet for free.

I think we may switch to DTV to get sunday ticket though...maybe I'll mention the deal they gave you and see if they will match it :D

They will do better, I think they are running a promotion where they give you 6 months of their choice programming for free or a dramatically reduced rate if you sign up for directv and sign up for the ticket

56crash
08-15-2008, 03:26 PM
piss on the Ticket they have raised there prices every year I am done with them I would of missed maybe 3 games last year I am not paying the money any more . I have alread cancled and I agree godell is a piece of ####! I started out paying $99 when I called then last year to get red zone for free they gave me some BS story and told me I would have to pay the they raise the rates again this year was the last straw...

I will say this you must of got a nice operator mine offered me nothing !!!!!!!!!!!

56crash
08-15-2008, 03:26 PM
piss on the Ticket they have raised there prices every year I am done with them I would of missed maybe 3 games last year I am not paying the money any more . I have alread cancled and I agree godell is a piece of ####! I started out paying $99 when I called then last year to get red zone for free they gave me some BS story and told me I would have to pay then ... they raise the rates again this year was the last straw...

I will say this you must of got a nice operator mine offered me nothing !!!!!!!!!!!