PDA

View Full Version : Broncos vs Chiefs

KCL
11-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Big game coming up for Kansas City...will they improve their record to 6-3 or lose 2 in a row to division rivals? Me..I never make predictions...I am hoping they win of course but I never think any game is an automatic win.

This thread is just for fun...so post what you think...:salute:

Ravage!!!
11-10-2010, 08:38 PM
I"m thinking the title should read "Broncos vs Chiefs"..... chiefs never come first

Dzone
11-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Denver has had 2 weeks to prepare and KC had a tough OT loss in the Black Hole...now they have to travel to denver...my feeling is that Denver has advantages over KC and should win this game...
of course there is always the fear that KCs running game will shred denver for 300 yards..OMG please dont let that happen. KC killed us last year 44-24...If that happens again, then fire Mcdaniels on Monday...PLEASE!!!!!

KCL
11-10-2010, 08:41 PM
I"m thinking the title should read "Broncos vs Chiefs"..... chiefs never come first

I'm a Chiefs fan and it's my thread...so there...:lol:

Ravage!!!
11-10-2010, 08:42 PM
I'm a Chiefs fan and it's my thread...so there...:lol:

:throwrock:

Northman
11-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Great Googly Moogly.

KCL
11-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Great Googly Moogly.

see the link in my sig..I love it...:laugh:

2U_EfE-mqgE

Ravage!!!
11-10-2010, 08:51 PM
see the link in my sig..I love it...:laugh:

2U_EfE-mqgE

Love that commercial

frauschieze
11-10-2010, 08:53 PM
:throwrock:

Don't worry, man. I got yo back. ;)

Nomad
11-10-2010, 08:55 PM
61-14 BRONCOS and plenty of beer to go with it!!:D

Ravage!!!
11-10-2010, 08:56 PM

Whoot... nice. Now thats more like it!!! :D

Nomad
11-10-2010, 08:59 PM
I expect McDaniels will have this team ready but it'll be a tough game! I expect the BRONCOS to win by less than a touchdown!!

KCL
11-10-2010, 09:03 PM

Now that ain't right...change that back!

Ravage!!!
11-10-2010, 09:05 PM

:lol: :lol:

Neener neener

KCL
11-10-2010, 09:06 PM

Neener neener

why you...I oughta... :rant:

Ravage!!!
11-10-2010, 09:08 PM
why you...I oughta... :rant:

:behindsofa:

KCL
11-10-2010, 09:10 PM
:behindsofa:

Uh huh..you better hide..

Chiefs vs Broncos

Broncos vs Chiefs

same thing...:rolleyes:

now quit jacking with my thread...;)

Dzone
11-10-2010, 09:13 PM
who inherited a worse team? Mcdaniels or todd haley?

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/11/10/1806339/kansas-city-chiefs-head-coach-todd-haley-at-midseason

Ravage!!!
11-10-2010, 09:14 PM
.so post what you think...:salute:

I didn't. I posted what I think.

Also... I think that Chex-mex, trail mix, and mm-peanuts are an AWSOME snack. :D

frauschieze

Sorry KCL! I had to put the team names in alphabetical order. It's an OCD thing and nothing to do with the fact that the Chiefs never come before the Broncos or that this is BroncosForums or what Rav said. Nothing at all. Nope, just OCD. Must be ordered correctly.

:D

Ravage!!!

Haley did. Then he was GIVEN Cassel, and had to deal with Larry Johnson.

KCL
11-10-2010, 09:17 PM

I'd say Haley did....Chiefs added talent this season... though I don't think they have come together yet as a team..this season for KC is something they can build on for the future.

KCL
11-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Sorry KCL! I had to put the team names in alphabetical order. It's an OCD thing and nothing to do with the fact that the Chiefs never come before the Broncos or that this is BroncosForums or what Rav said. Nothing at all. Nope, just OCD. Must be ordered correctly.

:D

So be it..doesn't change the intent of the thread and I don't want Ravage to be unhappy...he gets somewhat testy at times..been posting with him for years...I know what I'm dealing with...:laugh:

Ravage!!!
11-10-2010, 09:21 PM
I'd say Haley did....Chiefs added talent this season... though I don't think they have come together yet as a team..this season for KC is something they can build on for the future.

huh... so he BUILT a team around/with what you already had????? :confused:

KCL
11-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Haley did. Then he was GIVEN Cassel,

GIVEN MY ASS...we paid a pretty penny for that young man...:lol:

KCL
11-10-2010, 09:24 PM
huh... so he BUILT a team around/with what you already had????? :confused:

WTF? Speak American...:lol:

Ravage!!!
11-10-2010, 09:24 PM
GIVEN MY ASS...we paid a pretty penny for that young man...:lol:

Let me re-word. He wasn't given the choice, but rather HAD to use Cassel because of the money that Piolli decided to pay that young man

Ravage!!!
11-10-2010, 09:26 PM
WTF? Speak American...:lol:

I'm confused. Haley built a team by USING the players you already had, and didn't trade away or release everyone in order to build??? :confused: I was led to believe that we had to purge all the talent on the team, in order to build with a new coach. You know, needing "his" players and all. Isn't this how its supposed to be????

KCL
11-10-2010, 09:30 PM
I'm confused. Haley built a team by USING the players you already had, and didn't trade away or release everyone in order to build??? :confused: I was led to believe that we had to purge all the talent on the team, in order to build with a new coach. You know, needing "his" players and all. Isn't this how its supposed to be????

Yes you're always confused...:D

We had some talent yes...Charles wasn't the starter til week 9...you said yourself he had to deal with LJ...We had DJ and the 2 Brandons...but that wasn't ENOUGH talent to do as well as they're doing this season...they added talent..I never said we didn't have any to begin with.

And they did trade away a player...remember our TE that went to the Falcons.

frauschieze
11-10-2010, 09:31 PM
So be it..doesn't change the intent of the thread and I don't want Ravage to be unhappy...he gets somewhat testy at times..been posting with him for years...I know what I'm dealing with...:laugh:

:spit:

So uh....yeah, back to the thread.....I couldn't bring myself to vote that KC is going to roll on us, but I do think we'll continue our losing streak. :(

Lancane
11-10-2010, 10:14 PM
IMHO, Denver will play well, but not nearly good enough. Kansas City just came off a tough loss, so it's not really a trap game in that their guard is down. Both teams are looking for redemption from a tough loss, in our case, several losses. And Kansas City is better all the way around.

Honest opinion...

Kansas City 24
Denver 17

:tsk:

Broncolingus
11-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Chefs win big...maybe not another Oakland, but I don't think it'll be that close.

(Boo)

Magnificent Seven
11-11-2010, 03:30 AM
Are they going to wear orange jerseys again on this Sunday?

Nomad
11-11-2010, 06:54 AM
Denver has had 2 weeks to prepare and KC had a tough OT loss in the Black Hole...now they have to travel to denver...my feeling is that Denver has advantages over KC and should win this game...
of course there is always the fear that KCs running game will shred denver for 300 yards..OMG please dont let that happen. KC killed us last year 44-24...If that happens again, then fire Mcdaniels on Monday...PLEASE!!!!!

I have a feeling if/when the BRONCOS win this game, there will be more excuses for the Chiefs than praises for the BRONCOS!!

I agree, a blowout by the Chiefs would warrant enough evidence to fire McDaniels and then SOCALORADO will get Gruden, and we'll get to see what Tebow can do! But we won't get to that point!!

Lancane
11-11-2010, 07:58 AM

They've not been preparing for two weeks, they had four or five days off from the beginning of the bye week. And even that much time doesn't really play into being in anyone's favor...not trying to be the voice of doom, but reality is that some teams benefit and some don't. Just like home field advantages can be a big help to team and not so much to others...the fact that we only have one win at home this season sort of suggests that it won't play that big of a factor.

I want to know what advantages Denver has? Kansas City has a better defense, and a better all around offense. I mean I said San Francisco had a small edge over Denver, the Chiefs have a huge one. So, I'm just wondering what advantages you mean when you stated that? Both teams should be motivated after tough losses...but Kansas City lost, barely to a team that came to our house and whooped us like retarded inbred puppies!

HORSEPOWER 56
11-11-2010, 08:18 AM
KC is just a better team right now. Better, healthier players especially on both lines, committed to running the ball, and far better coached.

KC wins this one going away. 35-14 behind 250+ yards rushing.

BroncoStud
11-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Yeah I haven't seen anything from the Denver offense, defense, or coaching staff that makes me think they have a good chance of winning this game. KC is the not that good, they're a decent team, have not beaten a team with a winning record yet, but they are competitive in every game, Denver is not.

KC - 35
Denver - 17

LRtagger
11-11-2010, 11:01 AM

In 08 the Chefs traded their best player (granted that was a Peterson move, but still - it was made due to his off-field issues). With the picks they aquired in that trade, they had this draft:

Dorsey
Albert (trade)
Flowers
Charles (trade)
Cottam (trade)
Morgan (trade)
Franklin
Carr (trade)
Richardson
Robinson (trade)
Johnston
Merritt

Look at all the key contributors on that list. Who's to say where KC would be if they paid Allen top NFL money and missed out on some of those picks. They might be without Jamal Charles, Flowers, Albert, Carr, etc who have been key contributors.

Now you can argue that McDaniels has wasted the picks he aquired, but if KC didnt purge their old players and aquire picks to bring in young talent, they wouldnt be where they are today.

Perhaps in a couple years our drafted players will begin to contribute as KC's have.

T.K.O.
11-11-2010, 11:23 AM
denver will shut down the running game......YEAH,i said it !
the only way we beat the chiefs is by forcing cassel to air it out and the coaching staff knows it.
once upon a time we stuffed CJ....it can be done to JC as well.....
not saying we win,but i would bet we dont see charles rip off more than a a "buck O five":salute:

SOCALORADO.
11-11-2010, 11:26 AM
I have a feeling if/when the BRONCOS win this game, there will be more excuses for the Chiefs than praises for the BRONCOS!!

I agree, a blowout by the Chiefs would warrant enough evidence to fire McDaniels and then SOCALORADO will get Gruden, and we'll get to see what Tebow can do! But we won't get to that point!!

Guess what, I do know we will get to that point. I know that one day Jon Gruden and the Denver Broncos are gonna get married on top of a mountain, and there's going to be flutes playing and trombones and flowers and garlands of fresh herbs. And we will all dance till the sun rises. And then our children will form a family band. And we will all tour the countryside and
you won't be invited!!
http://www.virginmedia.com/images/1wf-gal-anchorman.jpg

Ravage!!!
11-11-2010, 11:48 AM
In 08 the Chefs traded their best player (granted that was a Peterson move, but still - it was made due to his off-field issues). With the picks they aquired in that trade, they had this draft:

Dorsey
Albert (trade)
Flowers
Charles (trade)
Cottam (trade)
Morgan (trade)
Franklin
Carr (trade)
Richardson
Robinson (trade)
Johnston
Merritt

Right. All those players were here BEFORE Haley took over as coach. Add in guy like Hali and D. Johnson as well. So none of the top players on that list you just gave, were dealt away. Haley USED the top talent on his team, and has even used talent that was forced upon him (like Cassel)....without dismantling what was there.

I get what you are saying. The trade of their DE gave them 2 extra picks and they built upon that....but those didn't help out the last coaching regime, and THIS coaching unit didn't come in and completely remove everything that was here because it didn't "fit their system."

Of course this coaching staff benefited from a good draft.... but so could have ours.

Nomad
11-11-2010, 12:06 PM
Guess what, I do know we will get to that point. I know that one day Jon Gruden and the Denver Broncos are gonna get married on top of a mountain, and there's going to be flutes playing and trombones and flowers and garlands of fresh herbs. And we will all dance till the sun rises. And then our children will form a family band. And we will all tour the countryside and
you won't be invited!!
http://www.virginmedia.com/images/1wf-gal-anchorman.jpg

Man, that sucks not to be invited!!:lol: If McDaniels (not gonna happen:lalala:) gets blown out Sunday.....we'll meet up, go kidnap Gruden, bring him to Dove Valley, force Bowlen to fire McDaniels, Xanders, Ellis and sign Gruden, then take McDaniels, Xanders, Ellis and deep six him under the Narrows Bridge where the giant octopus will take care of them to never be seen again!!:D And then we'll debate who the COO and GM will be!!

SOCALORADO.
11-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Man, that sucks not to be invited!!:lol: If McDaniels (not gonna happen:lalala:) gets blown out Sunday.....we'll meet up, go kidnap Gruden, bring him to Dove Valley, force Bowlen to fire McDaniels, Xanders, Ellis and sign Gruden, then take McDaniels, Xanders, Ellis and deep six him under the Narrows Bridge where the giant octopus will take care of them to never be seen again!!:D And then we'll debate who the COO and GM will be!!

That will be a quick debate cause obviously the COO and GM will be us!

I Eat Staples
11-11-2010, 03:27 PM
This is a hard game to pick because I think both of these teams are pretty bad. The Chiefs have the illusion of a 5-3 record and the Broncos have more talent but injuries and McDaniels. I have no idea.

Ravage!!!
11-11-2010, 03:28 PM
This is a hard game to pick because I think both of these teams are pretty bad. The Chiefs have the illusion of a 5-3 record and the Broncos have more talent but injuries and McDaniels. I have no idea.

where do we have more talent?

KCL
11-11-2010, 03:32 PM

You beat me to it...HC maybe?? :confused:

Ravage!!!
11-11-2010, 03:35 PM

:lol:

Well, I think QB (but I don't feel thats by a great deal, I just don't think much of Cassel...we know how I feel about Orton). But after that, I'm having a hard time coming up with something.

Ravage!!!
11-11-2010, 03:37 PM
The good thing is, I've been ASSURED that the Broncos have made more progress than the Chiefs, and we should sweep them with little effort. So, thats good to know.

KCL
11-11-2010, 03:39 PM

Well, I think QB (but I don't feel thats by a great deal, I just don't think much of Cassel...we know how I feel about Orton). But after that, I'm having a hard time coming up with something.

I think Orton would do well in KC..maybe at the end of the season Pioli and McD can work out a deal and trade QBs...Croyle may do good in McD's plan..:D

KCL
11-11-2010, 03:40 PM
The good thing is, I've been ASSURED that the Broncos have made more progress than the Chiefs, and we should sweep them with little effort. So, thats good to know.

And the Raiders also...oh wait...:lol:

Ravage!!!
11-11-2010, 03:43 PM
I think Orton would do well in KC..maybe at the end of the season Pioli and McD can work out a deal and trade QBs...Croyle may do good in McD's plan..:D

hah... Croyle couldn't play here.... we get a gust of wind in Denver that is likely to blow him over and knock him out for the year.

I Eat Staples
11-11-2010, 03:46 PM

That made me pull up the rosters to re-think myself, so here's what I think is a fair breakdown of which side has more talent at each position. Pretty subjective since I'm not basing this too much on this year's performance.

QB - DEN
HB - KC
FB - We don't really use one, so KC I guess
WR - DEN
TE - KC, slight edge due to Moeaki
OLine - I'd say tie, our line is inexperienced but probably has more talent
DLine - KC
ILB - Slight edge to DEN, both teams are pretty bad here
OLB - DEN when healthy
SS - KC
FS - DEN
CB - DEN

So...what do you think?

Ravage!!!
11-11-2010, 06:11 PM
That made me pull up the rosters to re-think myself, so here's what I think is a fair breakdown of which side has more talent at each position. Pretty subjective since I'm not basing this too much on this year's performance.

QB - DEN
HB - KC
FB - We don't really use one, so KC I guess
WR - DEN
TE - KC, slight edge due to Moeaki
OLine - I'd say tie, our line is inexperienced but probably has more talent
DLine - KC
ILB - Slight edge to DEN, both teams are pretty bad here
OLB - DEN when healthy
SS - KC
FS - DEN
CB - DEN

So...what do you think?

Sorry for the delay, I had a client (stupid work)

QB- Den
HB- KC (x2)
FB- KC (as you said...)

WR-Den.

OL- KC Where is all our talent? Clady? They have both Waters and Albert and their OL is actually creating holes for their run game. As of right now, until we see some of this "talent" actually perform... I think KC's OL is better, and I personally don't think its close.

DL-KC- easily

MLB-I think the slight edge goes to KC because of Derrick Johnson. I love DJ, he's a tackling machine, but Derrick Johnson has been a big play maker. This one is close, though. I can see where you can give it to either side, and not really be wrong. So I would call this a wash.

OLB-right now, it goes to KC. They have both Vrabel and Hali... When we have Doom, its a different story and things level out a bit. But we don't.

SS-KC
FS-DEN
CB- Denver. But Champ will probably not be here next year while they have a young FLowers. Although I'm not really talking about future, and just comparing for this year, I'm just saying that their corners with Flowers and Arenas, isn't far behind us.

I Eat Staples
11-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Sorry for the delay, I had a client (stupid work)

QB- Den
HB- KC (x2)
FB- KC (as you said...)

WR-Den.

OL- KC Where is all our talent? Clady? They have both Waters and Albert and their OL is actually creating holes for their run game. As of right now, until we see some of this "talent" actually perform... I think KC's OL is better, and I personally don't think its close.

DL-KC- easily

MLB-I think the slight edge goes to KC because of Derrick Johnson. I love DJ, he's a tackling machine, but Derrick Johnson has been a big play maker. This one is close, though. I can see where you can give it to either side, and not really be wrong. So I would call this a wash.

OLB-right now, it goes to KC. They have both Vrabel and Hali... When we have Doom, its a different story and things level out a bit. But we don't.

SS-KC
FS-DEN
CB- Denver. But Champ will probably not be here next year while they have a young FLowers. Although I'm not really talking about future, and just comparing for this year, I'm just saying that their corners with Flowers and Arenas, isn't far behind us.

I pretty much agree with all of that. MLB is close as you said, DJ and Derrick Johnson are the only players worth noting really. I'd probably take Haggan and Woodyard over KC's depth, but Haggan really isn't starter quality.

OLB would definitely go to KC with Ayers and Doom out, but with both of them healthy we have the edge. Vrabel's not young.

Can't argue with your assessment of our O-Line, especially with how horrible our running game has been.

I don't think either of these teams are very talented, and KC has played above their record. The major difference is that KC has built a solid foundation through the draft and are headed in the right direction. Sadly, the same can't be said about us.

Ravage!!!
11-11-2010, 08:49 PM
I pretty much agree with all of that. MLB is close as you said, DJ and Derrick Johnson are the only players worth noting really. I'd probably take Haggan and Woodyard over KC's depth, but Haggan really isn't starter quality.

OLB would definitely go to KC with Ayers and Doom out, but with both of them healthy we have the edge. Vrabel's not young.

Can't argue with your assessment of our O-Line, especially with how horrible our running game has been.

I don't think either of these teams are very talented, and KC has played above their record. The major difference is that KC has built a solid foundation through the draft and are headed in the right direction. Sadly, the same can't be said about us.

Even then... I have to see if Ayers is anything at all before I can give us an edge on that...... but completely agree :beer:

Lancane
11-11-2010, 10:58 PM

http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac127/StephanieandDonald92/Movies/The%20Dukes%20of%20Hazzard/SheriffRosco.jpg

Talent? What Talent... "We don't need no stinking Talent!", we have character and as you can see that is all you need!

Magnificent Seven
11-14-2010, 12:11 AM

Canmore
11-14-2010, 12:16 AM

Yes.

Bosco
11-14-2010, 03:44 AM
I'm thinking we get a win by at least two scores.

Canmore
11-14-2010, 03:57 AM
I'm thinking we get a win by at least two scores.

You're certainly feeling optimistic. I'm hoping for any type of victory.

Bosco
11-14-2010, 04:29 AM
You're certainly feeling optimistic. I'm hoping for any type of victory.

I'm naturally an optimist, but I think we'll come out of the gate firing off the bye week and Josh McDaniels completely ******* up Romeo Crennel's defense would be a huge part of that.

rcsodak
11-16-2010, 11:16 PM

Is Rav talking dirty?

KCL
11-17-2010, 12:04 AM
Is Rav talking dirty?

No you're thinking dirty...no surprise there!