PDA

View Full Version : Scuffle at todays practice

McKeough
08-14-2008, 12:56 PM
Broncos, Cowboys Scuffle On 2nd Day Of Practice

CBS4 Broncos Insiders Sign Ups: Get Broncos Email Updates or text 4broncos to 66247 for free wireless text updates
Reporting

Reggie Rivers ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (CBS4) ― Tempers flared during the second day of practices between the Broncos and Cowboys Thursday morning.

During a team drill, defensive tackle Marcus Thomas burst into the Cowboys backfield and stopped the running back for a loss.

That led to a shoving match and a moment later Cowboys offensive tackle Flozell Adams ripped off Thomas' helmet and swung it like a club.

Instantly, all the players on the field and on the sideline plus all the coaches rushed in to break up the fight. The mob weaved and forth for a few seconds and then the two teams separated. In the final analysis this was more of a scuffle than a fight.

Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said that he wasn't surprised or concerned about the event, because any time you have two teams competing in practice, you're bound to have those moments. He said he was pleased that the situation didn't escalate further.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I want to see Jones and Marshall square off! :lol::lol::lol:

Ladiesssssss and gentlemen this fight is 3 rounds in the light heavyweight division. In the blue corner with a record of strip club shootings, standing 5'10", from Atlanta, Georgia -- ADAM 'Pacman' JONES. And now in the red corner, this man is a woman beater and doesn't shy away from contact with a record of driving under the influence, fighting out of Denver, Colorado - BRANDON MARSHALL!

When the fight begins, the referee in charge is Jay Cutler.

I predict Marshall in round two by ground and pound!

Zweems56
08-14-2008, 12:58 PM
So.... Broncos DT makes a good play, Dallas Sissies get pissed and uses said broncos' helmet against him because he shits rainbows. awesome.

hamrob
08-14-2008, 12:58 PM
Looks like Thomas is kicking some butt. Leave it to that caveman Flowcow Adams to act like an idiot.

turftoad
08-14-2008, 01:15 PM
COWBOYS, BRONCOS GET PHYSICAL AT JOINT PRACTICE
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 14, 2008, 1:56 p.m.
The Dallas Cowboys and Denver Broncos are practicing together this week, and the teams aren’t exactly displaying great sportsmanship.

First Cowboys cornerback Pacman Jones had some critical comments for Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall (only to have Marshall get the best of him on the field), and now reports out of this morning’s practice indicate that the teams got a little more physical than usual for an August practice.

The Dallas Morning News reports that Cowboys offensive tackle Flozell Adams “was throwing guys down during the 9-on-7 inside drill.” Then Adams “sparked a fracas” during the 11-on-11 drills, and the Cowboys’ fullbacks were “having a heck of a timing beating up on people.”

But Broncos cornerback Dre Bly suggested afterward that it was the Cowboys who were the ones taken aback by the way the Broncos took it to them.

“I don’t think Dallas was used to that type of practice,” Bly said. “We hit. Those guys finished 13-3 last year, so they probably can afford to relax in practice and coast through certain drills. Us, we went 7-9, so we’re on the ground right now and we’re trying to get back up that hill.”

Although it doesn’t sound like it turned into a Will Allen-style beat down, it does sound like the Cowboys and Broncos gave the folks from HBO plenty of material for next week’s installment of Hard Knocks.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-14-2008, 01:19 PM
My son is one of the referees working these scrimmages - there are 3 NFL referees who live in the Denver area, and my son is a head referee for the Big 12/Mountain West, and was invited to be the 4th referee (and yes, he is one of the younger head referees :laugh:)

Northman
08-14-2008, 01:20 PM
“I don’t think Dallas was used to that type of practice,” Bly said. “We hit. Those guys finished 13-3 last year, so they probably can afford to relax in practice and coast through certain drills. Us, we went 7-9, so we’re on the ground right now and we’re trying to get back up that hill.”

This quote by Bly put a HUGE smile on my face. Glad to see these guys actually understand how important it is to be prepared.

Buff
08-14-2008, 01:36 PM
My son is one of the referees working these scrimmages - there are 3 NFL referees who live in the Denver area, and my son is a head referee for the Big 12/Mountain West, and was invited to be the 4th referee (and yes, he is one of the younger head referees :laugh:)

That's a sweet gig for your son Carol. My step-dad is an area director in Colorado for high-school officiating and I've called some high-school games. I always thought it would be a great job to be an NCAA or NFL ref, but it's a tough market to crack...

How did he first make the jump to NCAA officiating?

BigDaddyBronco
08-14-2008, 01:46 PM
That's a sweet gig for your son Carol. My step-dad is an area director in Colorado for high-school officiating and I've called some high-school games. I always thought it would be a great job to be an NCAA or NFL ref, but it's a tough market to crack...

Your mom goes to college.

rcsodak
08-14-2008, 01:47 PM

Registering as a Republican

:elefant:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-14-2008, 02:18 PM

He started out doing high school games, and his dream has always been to do NFL. He attended referee camps for one thing. And he was selected to do two stints in NFL Europe last year.

Buff
08-14-2008, 03:12 PM
Your mom goes to college.

:confused:

Benetto
08-14-2008, 07:17 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80a01078

topscribe
08-14-2008, 07:23 PM
Looks like Thomas is kicking some butt. Leave it to that caveman Flowcow Adams to act like an idiot.

Yes, in fact, on another play, I read that one of our DEs sacked the QB after
the QB moved to avoid Thomas. The first thought entering my mind was, he
collapsed the pocket! :dance:

-----

gobroncsnv
08-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Not only that, but did it against Dallas... They're good on both sides of the ball. My question is, was Robertson in on those drills, or did MT do this without our big dog? If without, I think, like you, I'm gonna like these guys. :cool:

LoyalSoldier
08-14-2008, 08:18 PM

I love the hold that Pacman did on Brandon at 1:20 there. ;)

topscribe
08-14-2008, 09:25 PM
I love the hold that Pacman did on Brandon at 1:20 there. ;)

I was reading where BMarsh had beaten Jones badly on that play, but Cutler overthrew it.

Now we know why he overthrew it.

-----

Requiem / The Dagda
08-14-2008, 10:46 PM
I heard a rumor from some guys at the Mane that Nate Jackson was injured during the altercation. Is the RMN, DP or CB4 confirming this?

Buff
08-14-2008, 10:48 PM
I heard a rumor from some guys at the Mane that Nate Jackson was injured during the altercation. Is the RMN, DP or CB4 confirming this?

You wish...

honz
08-14-2008, 11:07 PM
I heard that JMFW killed a man during the altercation.

Zweems56
08-15-2008, 10:54 AM
Saw the video on denverbroncos.com. The marshall vs. jones one near the end. He swung the helmet at least twice, and while you couldnt see the first swing because of the group, the group turns on the second swing, and it looks like it catches Thomas on the right side of the head the second time around.

Bronco Bible
08-16-2008, 09:47 AM

Looks to me like the Cowboys in general and Adam Jones specificly got taken down a couple of pegs..........:coffee:

NameUsedBefore
08-16-2008, 10:35 AM
**** Dallas.

I loate that team so much.