PDA

View Full Version : Do you Think This Could Happen

BORDERLINE
11-09-2010, 09:17 PM
http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/12242/Rumor--Could-Kroenke-and-Bowlen-switch-ownership-and-Bowlen-move-Rams-to-LA-/Default.aspx

Is This For real guys???? Have you heard anything about this???

jhildebrand
11-09-2010, 09:21 PM
This was suggested in a fannation blurb.

I don't see Bowlen moving any team to LA. They have already shown they couldn't support one or two franchises on several occasions!

I am not sure I would want Kroenke to be an owner. he isn't cheap but he is eccentric and aloof and does play it a bit tight with $.

Then again he has Wal Mart money so who knows.

It won't ever happen though!

Nomad
11-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Anything's possible!! As long as they keep the BRONCOS in Denver!!

Broncolingus
11-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Do you Think This Could Happen

...no - I absolutely do not.

I don't care how rich he is, or how nice of a personality he has, or if he has a cool car, or...wait?

What's this thread about?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wdvNO398aJs/S_gBL8abw8I/AAAAAAAAADs/IOmfDXbaYug/s1600/Ugly-Guy-Hot-Wife.jpg

Buff
11-09-2010, 09:32 PM
Kroenke signed over Avs/Nuggets ownership to his son to avoid the rule. It's already a done deal.
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/08/25/stan-kroenke-rams.ap/index.html

The idea that Bowlen would just swap franchises is beyond asinine.

Lancane
11-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Kroenke signed over Avs/Nuggets ownership to his son to avoid the rule. It's already a done deal.

Bowlen can not swap franchises, there are clauses in the contract that forbid the sale of majority stock without consent of former owner Edgar Kaiser Jr., he would have first option, or I believe that was how it was set up and the reason why Elway was stopped by the courts from buying 10% stock in the team, even though the ruling was eventually reversed. A trade of franchises when Bowlen does not own the team completely would be complicated.

And yet, I could see Kroenke and Bowlen, two long time friends who have a deep respect for one another maybe trying to work it out. After all Kroenke is well known for his love of Colorado. I just don't see it happening...but who knows?

Denver Native (Carol)
11-09-2010, 09:39 PM

Not only asinine, but would have to be approved by all the other NFL owners, and as Buff said - on paper, Kroenke no longer owns the Avs/Nuggets.

EMB6903
11-09-2010, 09:44 PM

/thread

micro
11-09-2010, 09:47 PM
I cannot see this happening. Bowlen has to much vested in to the broncos to switch up now. The health issue is a rumor, there has been nothing official to come out.

EMB6903
11-09-2010, 09:51 PM
^^nothing official because there was no talk what so ever about it... I'd be surprised if Bowlen has even heard of this stupid rumor (no offense to Original OP)

With Bowlens health concerns and the situation the Broncos are in now do you think he has any concern about moving a franchise to LA?

Shazam!
11-09-2010, 10:49 PM
Oh God.

Lancane
11-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Oh God.

You called?

:lol:

HORSEPOWER 56
11-09-2010, 11:52 PM
No, I don't think it could happen... we would probably be better off...

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
11-10-2010, 12:01 AM
No, I don't think it could happen... we would probably be better off...

Why so? I'm curious

Canmore
11-10-2010, 12:10 AM
Bowlen can not swap franchises, there are clauses in the contract that forbid the sale of majority stock without consent of former owner Edgar Kaiser Jr., he would have first option, or I believe that was how it was set up and the reason why Elway was stopped by the courts from buying 10% stock in the team, even though the ruling was eventually reversed. A trade of franchises when Bowlen does not own the team completely would be complicated.

And yet, I could see Kroenke and Bowlen, two long time friends who have a deep respect for one another maybe trying to work it out. After all Kroenke is well known for his love of Colorado. I just don't see it happening...but who knows?

Even though the ruling was reveresed. What does that mean? Can Bowlen sell the team regardless of Kaiser or not?

Lancane
11-10-2010, 12:13 AM
Why so? I'm curious

That's an easy one, Bowlen while rich is not even close to the wealth Kroenig has. Even though the teams he's owned are in the names of his children, he is still the purchaser and owner (to an extent) of those teams, both of which are based out of Denver. He has a deep seated need to see the teams he owns succeed, and he never shirked the idea of firing and hiring coaches, no matter the cost to himself.

Of all the owners in the NFL, he's one of the wealthiest of them all.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-10-2010, 12:41 AM
Why so? I'm curious

All of the recent data points to the fact that Bowlen is suffering from some type of mental illness or loss of his mental facilities to some extent. Joe Ellis is now running the show in Denver as evidenced by the fact that it is now Ellis who speaks for the Broncos front office when quotes are sought from the ownership. Bowlen rarely makes public appearances anymore and seems to shun the media who he so often was very willing to grant interviews to previously.

I've always liked Pat Bowlen, but I'm afraid that he really may have finally reached that point where his mental capacity limits what he is able to do for this team. Joe Ellis has proven that he really doesn't have the football smarts it takes to run a team as the COO (and de facto CEO because he's doing Bowlen's job, too) based on the turn this team has taken in recent months. Having a new owner who might realize the mess we're currently in and do something about it instead of sitting back and letting his second in command speak for him. I would definitely prefer that.

Kroenke owns the Avs and Nuggets and has tried his hardest to make and keep both teams competitive and in the playoff hunt every year. The Broncos haven't even made the playoffs in FIVE YEARS (when this season ends) and I think it's partially due to Bowlen leaving the Broncos in the hands of Ellis to do the hiring and firing. I'd be willing to bet (and we'll probably never know) it was Ellis' idea to fire Shanahan, not Bowlen's. It was definitely at Ellis' urging to hire McDaniels. Bowlen even admitted that Ellis did the final interview, not Bowlen.

Give me a strong, reasonable, and most of all... RICH owner and I'll be happy. I just don't think Bowlen is that guy anymore.

ikillz0mbies
11-10-2010, 01:14 AM
HA. If by chance the Broncos moved to Los Angeles, I wouldn't have a problem with it since they would be playing in my backyard.

BORDERLINE
11-10-2010, 02:12 AM
HA. If by chance the Broncos moved to Los Angeles, I wouldn't have a problem with it since they would be playing in my backyard.

damn zombie we're like neighbors. :beer:

ikillz0mbies
11-10-2010, 02:21 AM
damn zombie we're like neighbors. :beer:

We have to meet up for a game one of these days. La Puente is damn close.

BORDERLINE
11-10-2010, 02:32 AM
We have to meet up for a game one of these days. La Puente is damn close.

yup, for sure.

Jake Klug
11-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Id be down with someone else owning the Broncos. Im fed up with this. Bowlen was a good owner a long time ago but times change.

Also, its just not realistic moving the Broncos to LA. I saw someone mention this. Its been proven many times over that Denver supports professional football and LA doesnt. And thats not what this is about. It would be a foolish move. But, at this point, Id be for different Broncos ownership.