PDA

View Full Version : Broncos roomies?

Den21vsBal19
08-14-2008, 02:39 AM
Marshall plans to ride out suspension at Cutler's house (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/aug/13/roomies-broncos-marshall-plans-a-stay-at-cutlers/)

Film, tosses on tap during suspension.

Brandon Marshall has chosen deluxe accommodations for when he serves his suspension to open the regular season: Chez Jay.

The Broncos receiver, facing a two- to three-game, league- mandated absence in September for violation of the NFL's code of conduct, plans on crashing at the home of quarterback Jay Cutler during his downtime.

"Me and Jay decided I'm going to stay with him," Marshall said after the first of four joint workouts at Dove Valley with the Dallas Cowboys.

"He's got plenty of room," the receiver added with a laugh. "What I'm going to do is take over his basement."

Yet Marshall made it clear that this will be a working vacation upon which he'll embark with Cutler at his side.

"What we're going to do is, I'm going to stay in the game plan. And at night, we're going to throw," Marshall explained. "And after we throw, we'll watch film and he's going to go over the game plan with me as if I was there."

The arrangement is necessary because Marshall is barred from Denver's facilities beginning Aug. 30 through at least Sept. 15, the earliest date that the suspension could end if the receiver follows league guidelines during his downtime. Otherwise, Marshall will be out until Sept. 22.

Cutler confirmed the arrangement, but he declined to speak about it after the afternoon practice.

"Jay's been great," Marshall said of his fall-back plan. "The whole Denver Broncos organization has been great to me.

"All I can do is just show them that I'm here now, and when I get back and be accountable."

And with Marshall scheduled to lose more than $52,000 in base salary during his suspension, it doesn't hurt that the price is right at Chez Jay.

"He better not charge nothing," Marshall said with a smile. "I might charge him."

BCJ
08-14-2008, 03:26 AM
Just hide the tvs, beer and keys to the car and all will be well. This better be the last time we read his name in the police blotter

dogfish
08-14-2008, 04:58 AM
hell yea, way to be a leader jay!

Timmy!
08-14-2008, 05:02 AM
I like it.

Skinny
08-14-2008, 05:53 AM
Great news.

Den21vsBal19
08-14-2008, 07:10 AM
Just hide the tvs, beer and keys to the car and all will be well. This better be the last time we read his name in the police blotter
Stay clear of McD's as well!!!! ;)

I like it, class move by Jay and some common sense from Brandon :eek:

Tebow4Ever
08-14-2008, 08:14 AM
Pretty cool to see Marshall wanting to keep in the mix with gameplan and tape and such. Its a nice situation that Cutler and Bmarsh came into the league together and have had an opportunity to become a good team together. He is only missing 3 games max and with his talent I dont think it would hurt him all that much. If we can win 2/3 during his absence I believe we will be ok.

turftoad
08-14-2008, 11:17 AM

I hope Jay put a "no girls" clause in this agreememnt.

hamrob
08-14-2008, 11:25 AM
When you take a look at the youth on our offense...things really look promising for the future:

Jay Cutler - 3rd year
Brandon Marshall - 3rd year
Tony Sheffler - 3rd year
Chris kuper - 3rd year
Ryan Harris - 2nd year
Selvin Young - 2nd year
Andre Hall - 2nd year
Ryan Torrain - Rookie
Peyton Hillis - Rookie
Ryan Clady - Rookie
Eddie Royal - Rookie

This really could be a solid nucleus for many years to come. When these guys gell...look out. This is just another indication of their unity!

jrelway
08-14-2008, 12:09 PM
this is a wonderful thing. through all of this drama, jay has stuck by his wr's side, and is even taking him in. more bonding means more completions for jay and brandon. "cutler throws a quick out to marshall, stiff arms cromartie, to the 50, the 40, the 30, 20, 10, touchdown!!..cant wait to hear the announcers say that when marshall back.

GEM
08-14-2008, 12:49 PM
I hope Jay put a "no girls" clause in this agreememnt.

Let's make that a little clearer toad....no psycho ex-girlfriends.

Dortoh
08-14-2008, 12:56 PM
hell yea, way to be a leader jay!

Excellent post.

On the other hand I hope Jay is not biting off more then he should. Its great that hes working with BMarsh and all but hes got games to play those weeks. Not to mention the game plans change from one week to the next so BMarsh know the first 2 plans will have little impact other then to keep him out of trouble.

dogfish
08-14-2008, 12:59 PM
Excellent post.

On the other hand I hope Jay is not biting off more then he should. Its great that hes working with BMarsh and all but hes got games to play those weeks. Not to mention the game plans change from one week to the next so BMarsh know the first 2 plans will have little impact other then to keep him out of trouble.

it's a valid point, but i think jay can handle it-- he did go to vanderbilt, not VA tech. . . . :heh:

rcsodak
08-14-2008, 01:55 PM
Pretty cool to see Marshall wanting to keep in the mix with gameplan and tape and such. Its a nice situation that Cutler and Bmarsh came into the league together and have had an opportunity to become a good team together. He is only missing 3 games max and with his talent I dont think it would hurt him all that much. If we can win 2/3 during his absence I believe we will be ok.

I'd venture to say, that this 'idea' wasn't BMarsh's or Jay's...... ;)

underrated29
08-14-2008, 02:17 PM

Dude.

I was floating on a big cloud of happiness until you said that.

dogfish
08-14-2008, 03:40 PM

good thinking on your part then, rc. . . .

:elefant:

NightTrainLayne
08-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Excellent post.

There's a saying that I like that says, "The Teacher learns more than the pupil".

Jay trying to teach and review the game-plan with Marshall will only be a good thing. He'll have to study it and know it backwards and forwards to teach it to someone else. . .especially someone playing a different position.

It's good all the way around imo.

BroncoJoe
08-14-2008, 04:39 PM
I can't think of anything I'd rather read than this regarding Jay or Brandon.

broncosfanscott
08-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Like what I hear. This is the first step for Marshall and it is nice he is thinking about getting things going in the right direction. It also shows that Jay is really being a leader on the team by helping his teammate out. Marshall has tons of talent and if he starts to get into game film and game planning things with Jay.........WOW, here they go.

Shazam!
08-15-2008, 12:48 AM
Broncos roomies? Marshall plans to ride out suspension at Cutler's house
Film, tosses on tap during suspension
By Lee Rasizer, Rocky Mountain News
Wednesday, August 13, 2008

DENVER-Brandon Marshall has chosen deluxe accommodations for when he serves his suspension to open the regular season: Chez Jay.

The Broncos receiver, facing a two- to three-game, league- mandated absence in September for violation of the NFL's code of conduct, plans on crashing at the home of quarterback Jay Cutler during his downtime.

"Me and Jay decided I'm going to stay with him," Marshall said after the first of four joint workouts at Dove Valley with the Dallas Cowboys.

"He's got plenty of room," the receiver added with a laugh. "What I'm going to do is take over his basement."

Yet Marshall made it clear that this will be a working vacation upon which he'll embark with Cutler at his side.

"What we're going to do is, I'm going to stay in the game plan. And at night, we're going to throw," Marshall explained. "And after we throw, we'll watch film and he's going to go over the game plan with me as if I was there."

The arrangement is necessary because Marshall is barred from Denver's facilities beginning Aug. 30 through at least Sept. 15, the earliest date that the suspension could end if the receiver follows league guidelines during his downtime. Otherwise, Marshall will be out until Sept. 22.

Cutler confirmed the arrangement, but he declined to speak about it after the afternoon practice.

"Jay's been great," Marshall said of his fall-back plan. "The whole Denver Broncos organization has been great to me.

"All I can do is just show them that I'm here now, and when I get back and be accountable."

And with Marshall scheduled to lose more than $52,000 in base salary during his suspension, it doesn't hurt that the price is right at Chez Jay.

"He better not charge nothing," Marshall said with a smile. "I might charge him."

RMN/AP Sports
__________________________________________________ _______

Some may see this as a silly read, I do not. It shows Jay taking the leader's role and developing a repetoire and comraderie with a huge cog of his Offense. I think this is great. All BMarsh gotta do is grow up.

Shows that Jay Cutler has grown up himself as the Broncos QB, and is clearly a Leader of this team. Great to finally have a guy like that, Denver has sorely missed.