PDA

View Full Version : Tebow's new book

MileHighCrew
11-08-2010, 01:51 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81bf5a31/article/broncos-tebow-writing-book-about-faith-family-and-football?module=HP_headlines

NEW YORK -- Former Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow is working on an inspirational memoir.

Tebow is collaborating with Nathan Whitaker on "Through My Eyes," scheduled to come out in April. HarperCollins announced the book Monday.

The former University of Florida quarterback was drafted 25th overall in the 2010 NFL Draft by the Denver Broncos. He has played in four games so far, scoring two touchdowns in 10 carries, but has yet to throw a pass in the regular season.

In a statement released by HarperCollins, the 23-year-old Tebow said his book would be a story "of faith, family and football" and inspiring people to "fulfill their dreams."

Sure making the most of the free time from not starting. I hope he is spending most of the time reading the playbook.

Northman
11-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Good for him, he's an positive inspiration to a lot of young men.

SM19
11-08-2010, 02:12 PM
It's nice to see he's keeping himself busy.

BroncoWave
11-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Que the "he should be spending more time worrying about football" posts, as if any of you dedicate 100% of your time perfecting your craft in whatever your job is.

G_Money
11-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Nathan Whitaker is doing all the heavy lifting. All Tebow has to do is talk, and read, and use a highlighter.

I think he can fit it into his schedule.

He's not chasing tail all over town, he's got the hours. As for being unfocused on achieving his dream of being a pro QB...I don't think a lack of focus has ever been a charge leveled at Tebow.

I do wonder how many games we need to lose before we see a significant example of that focus on the field for us. Poor Orton. Nobody wants us to win more than him.

~G

BroncoWave
11-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Nathan Whitaker is doing all the heavy lifting. All Tebow has to do is talk, and read, and use a highlighter.

He's not chasing tail all over town, he's got the hours. As for being unfocused on achieving his dream of being a pro QB...I don't think a lack of focus has ever been a charge leveled at Tebow.

I do wonder how many games we need to lose before we see a significant example of that focus on the field for us. Poor Orton. Nobody wants us to win more than him.

~G

Good post. You did a much better job of saying what I was trying to get across. Anyone criticizing him for this is just hating on him for no other reason than to hate.

Dzone
11-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Two thumbs up for Tebow!:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Dreadnought
11-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Good post. You did a much better job of saying what I was trying to get across. Anyone criticizing him for this is just hating on him for no other reason than to hate.

I've seen nobody criticize him yet. I suppose somebody still might, but it will look pretty dumb, for reasons ~G already laid out.

I'm not sure I'd lay out any money for a memoir from a 23 year old, but I wish him well with it :lol:

rcsodak
11-08-2010, 02:31 PM
good for him
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

TXBRONC
11-08-2010, 02:32 PM
He's the last person I would worry about being unfocused.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

SR
11-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Good on him. Tebow is a good guy and I wish the best for him in all of his endeavors, to include being a QB for the Broncos.

But, it is no longer just juice and ball. It is now juice and it is now ball and it is now books.

Lonestar
11-08-2010, 02:39 PM

~G
Great post I ws thinking much teh same thing when I saw the title of the thread.

Tim has one goal in life to win at playing NFL QB if for no other reason to show the world a Christian kid can be a positive role model.

He is a goal oriented guy and frankly you have to have something besides football to keep him mentally going.

I doubt seriously that the playbook is what is holding him back, I believe that Josh want his mechanics to be second nature and being ready for the speed of the game and being able to read defenses before throwing him to the wolves.

His time will come most likely next year when Orton has moseyed on and we have Quinn for a back up. That is IF there is a Season.

MileHighCrew
11-08-2010, 03:03 PM
For the record I wasn't suggesting he isn't readign the playbook, only that as a Broncos fan (I was one long before Tebow and will be after) my main concern is I hope he is working hard to prograss as a QB, which none of us know for sure as he is yet to throw the ball.
I think he is young to write this book but good for him, strike while the iron is hot. He should make allthe money he can now, there is nothing written that says he is going to be a star in the NFL although I hope he is.

Bones
11-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Can't wait to check it out and have no problem at all with him doing this. If it helps one person get their life on track, it will be worth it.

BroncoWave
11-08-2010, 03:12 PM
I've seen nobody criticize him yet. I suppose somebody still might, but it will look pretty dumb, for reasons ~G already laid out.

I'm not sure I'd lay out any money for a memoir from a 23 year old, but I wish him well with it :lol:

I've read lots of other stuff on the internet today bashing the crap out of him for it, I figure it won't be long before some on here do.

Dreadnought
11-08-2010, 03:15 PM
I've read lots of other stuff on the internet today bashing the crap out of him for it, I figure it won't be long before some on here do.

I've noticed there is a good number of raving idiots on the Internet - I suspect many others have noticed this as well. They come in all sizes, races, genders, nationalities, and ages. I guess I'm not surprised

shank
11-08-2010, 04:23 PM
i should probably read this when it comes out. tebow has accomplished a lot more than me, and we've been on this earth for almost exactly the same amount of time.

camdisco24
11-08-2010, 04:50 PM
He's a great guy and I can almost guarantee his book will have a great message.
People hate him because he either A) Murdered their teams in college or B) They hate he sticks to his morals (squeaky clean images are almost always attacked).

BroncoBJ
11-08-2010, 09:30 PM
I thought the sequel to the bible was his new book?

nevcraw
11-09-2010, 12:45 AM
as of 12 am tonight TT's pub has anounced a title change of the book..

"what would Peyton Hillis Do?"

http://www.thedenverdailynews.com/images/article_5181

BCJ
11-09-2010, 01:52 AM
The name of the book should be changed to "0 for 0 and 0 Yards. My Life as a Running Back."