PDA

View Full Version : What would our roster look like with Spags/no Mcdaniels?

UnderArmour
11-08-2010, 08:56 AM
QB Jay Cutler
RB Peyton Hillis
FB Spencer Larsen
RT Ryan Harris
RG Chris Kuper
C Casey Weigman(or draft choice)
LG Ben Hamilton(or draft choice)
LT Ryan Clady
WR Brandon Marshall
WR Eddie Royal
WR (Draft choice)
TE Tony Scheffler
TE Daniel Graham

Defense
CB Champ Bailey
CB (Draft choice?)
S Bryan Dawkins(We still sign him due to relationship w/ Spags)
S (Draft choice)
DL (FA)
DL (FA)
DL (FA/draft choice)
DL Elvis Dumervil
LB DJ Williams
LB (FA?) (Spencer Larsen?)
LB (Jamie Winborn?/Draft choice)

Point is, I have no clue what the hell Spags or anyone really could have done about our defense. McDaniels traded Cutler and Marshall for picks and made a run at it and apparently picked the right CB(he has 4 INTs on the year in Detroit) but we shipped him away after giving up too soon.

sneakers
11-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Underarmor is Harry Turtledove!

Shazam!
11-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Great.

Lonestar
11-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Just another thread to bash Josh.

Does anyone truly believe a new HC is not going to change the offense.

Also does anyone really believe that that oline could open holes inside the redzone.

Would Y'all be ragging on spags if those same injuries occurred. If everything is the same as today?
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Shazam!
11-08-2010, 09:45 AM

Also does anyone really believe that that oline could open holes inside the redzone.

Would Y'all be ragging on spags if those same injuries occurred. If everything is the same as today

For the first time in 2 weeks JR, I agree with you.

UnderArmour
11-08-2010, 10:02 AM

Would Y'all be ragging on spags if those same injuries occurred. If everything is the same as today?

It's unbelievably frustrating to watch Peyton Hillis tear it up every Sunday and Alphonso Smith intercept passes and make big plays while we are 2-6. While I agree that McDaniels should get another year and that he did improve the team in many areas that Shanahan failed, mistakes have been made in not adjusting schemes to the talent we have. The running game right now is the prime example of that, also Tony Scheffler's use(or lack thereof) last year, Eddie Royal's absence from game plans, and Peyton Hillis last year.

The end of this year will be nice to watch for:
-The emergence of Demaryius Thomas
-The emergence of Eric Decker(hoping he gets it together)
-Ayers coming back.
-Kyle Orton continuing to put impressive numbers up(I don't believe he will be benched)
-Tim Tebow actually being allowed to throw a pass
And next year Doom will be back and we'll have another big draft class with 2 2nd rounders.

But right now, we're 2-6 so this is prime second guessing season.

BigDaddyBronco
11-08-2010, 11:06 AM
The cry to fire Spags would be just as intense as to fire McD at this point. This would be due to Cutler leading the NFL in turnovers and a defense still among the worse in the league. I don't care who the coach was going to be it was going to be a 3 year rebuilding project.

Northman
11-08-2010, 11:08 AM

Oh boo hoo, Deal with it.

I have yet to see where a new coach came in and traded a pro bowl QB before even seeing what he could in his system.

Certainly still a work in progress but without trading Jay and company he could of concentrated on that rather than having to replace the missing pieces he got rid of.

No. Because clearly he isnt a moron.

BroncoWave
11-08-2010, 11:20 AM
cY_oKve-bH0

Northman
11-08-2010, 11:51 AM
QB Jay Cutler
RB Peyton Hillis
FB Spencer Larsen
RT Ryan Harris
RG Chris Kuper
C Casey Weigman(or draft choice)
LG Ben Hamilton(or draft choice)
LT Ryan Clady
WR Brandon Marshall
WR Eddie Royal
WR (Draft choice)
TE Tony Scheffler
TE Daniel Graham

Defense
CB Champ Bailey
CB (Draft choice?)
S Bryan Dawkins(We still sign him due to relationship w/ Spags)
S (Draft choice)
DL (FA)
DL (FA)
DL (FA/draft choice)
DL Elvis Dumervil
LB DJ Williams
LB (FA?) (Spencer Larsen?)
LB (Jamie Winborn?/Draft choice)

My memory of our original draft picks is hazy so im just going with what i can remember
us having before the trades.

Picks 09'

1st: Brian Orakapo- DE
2nd: Shonn Greene- RB
3rd: Lardarius Webb- CB/ST
4th: Lawrence Sidbury Jr.- DE

Picks 2010'

1st: Jared Odrick- DT
2nd: Taylor Mays- FS
3rd: Aaron Hernandez- TE
6th: Myron Rolle- SS

As far as FA's for 09' and 10' i would of seriously looked at:

Matt Light- OL
Nick Mangold- OL
Logan Mankins- OL
Alan Faneca- OL
Jacoby Jones- WR/ST
Kirk Morrison- LB
Ernie Sims- LB
Mark Bulger- QB
Flozell Adams- OL
Karlos Dansby- LB

I Eat Staples
11-08-2010, 12:08 PM
We would have kept our offense mostly the same as 08, and improved our defense. Spagnola is a defensive minded coach, he would have had us improving at this point, not declining.

I'm sure the same goes for any other coach. No one knows what our roster would look like or how it would work out, but it's a safe assumption to say we'd be better off than with the clown that is McDaniels. He did things no coach ever does.

BroncoStud
11-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Spags has done NOTHING to be overly impressive as a head coach, and last time I checked the Giants defense is doing just fine without him. I would say there is a much bigger drop-off in the Patriots offense than there is in the Giants defense.

TimTebow15MVP
11-08-2010, 06:35 PM
so were guessing what spags woulda done? and then drafting for spags and signing free agent too? whew

Ravage!!!
11-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Spags has done NOTHING to be overly impressive as a head coach, and last time I checked the Giants defense is doing just fine without him. I would say there is a much bigger drop-off in the Patriots offense than there is in the Giants defense.

I'm confused as to what the Giants defense has to do with what Spags is doing in St Louis?? First you say he hasn't done anything as a HC, then all you mention is his past DC position.

Lots of teams, that have established themselves, lose coordinators and continue on just fine. But their HC coaching doesn't take into consideration what their PAST team is doing.

If we were succeeding here, would it matter that the Patriots continued having success?

UnderArmour
11-08-2010, 07:22 PM

Uh, did you even watch the Giants last year? http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/nyg/year/2009 So much for the loss of Spags not affecting them :rolleyes:. They hired Perry Fewell out of Buffalo for this year who always ran a good D. Your statement was already ridiculous as it is because you're ignoring the Rams this year, but you're simply flat out wrong about the loss of Spags not affecting the Giants. It did, so get your facts straight.

BroncoBJ
11-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Can you do a thread on what our team would look like with Raheem too? And Rex and even Jason Garrett. I'd like to see what our teams would look like with all those coaches so then I can see which coach I wish we had.

TimTebow15MVP
11-08-2010, 09:29 PM
Can you do a thread on what our team would look like with Raheem too? And Rex and even Jason Garrett. I'd like to see what our teams would look like with all those coaches so then I can see which coach I wish we had.

lol no bullshit......lmao.

silkamilkamonico
11-08-2010, 09:32 PM

Just think, that "vaunted offense" scored a paltry 23 ppg under Mike "the mastermind" Shanahan. Considering Spags wasn't going to run Shanahan's system, I think he would have came in, left the offense, watch the offense score something like 16-19 ppg, and then get booed out like McDaniels is now but for different reasons.

silkamilkamonico
11-08-2010, 09:37 PM

Rex would be filed under, "it doesn't matter, he just wins" argument. Dude can flat out motivate and coach.

Nomad
11-08-2010, 09:46 PM

Just think if we had George Halas or Jimmy Conzelmann!!!!!!:elefant:

Meh......they would have been way too tough for Cutler!!!

I Eat Staples
11-08-2010, 10:06 PM

That doesn't matter, what McD did as an OC doesn't matter for him being a HC. He was a decent OC, terrible HC.

Any coach out there would have left our offense alone and rebuilt our defense. Only our very own jackass would do what he did.

sneakers
11-09-2010, 12:43 AM
I wonder what it would look like if Dan Reeves was still coach?

Lonestar
11-09-2010, 01:26 AM
Oh boo hoo, Deal with it.

I have yet to see where a new coach came in and traded a pro bowl QB before even seeing what he could in his system.

Certainly still a work in progress but without trading Jay and company he could of concentrated on that rather than having to replace the missing pieces he got rid of.

No. Because clearly he isnt a moron.

IIRC it was Pat that forced the trade but then maybe someone rewrote that history and did not copy me.

I repeat does anyone think that jay would have been worth a crap in a controlled passing game (mentally that is).

I think he might have but bet he would be still throwing picks and blowing up at the OC because he believed his arm was stronger than Johns.

Night night folks I'm beat.

Lonestar
11-09-2010, 01:27 AM
I wonder what it would look like if Dan Reeves was still coach?

Tommy Maddox QB:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh ::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

jhns
11-09-2010, 09:35 AM

Do you really think Josh deserves praise? What are you going on about? Have you seen the product on the field?

Yes, people would bash Spags if he came here and the team was only regressing after his second offseason. We fired this franchises best ever coach for a much better performance than this. His teams were injury plagued the last couple of years and we still fired him for .500 records. What exactly has McDaniels done that is good for this franchise? Why exactly should anyone stop bashing the dumb moves?

Bronco Bible
11-09-2010, 09:40 AM
The cry to fire Spags would be just as intense as to fire McD at this point. This would be due to Cutler leading the NFL in turnovers and a defense still among the worse in the league. I don't care who the coach was going to be it was going to be a 3 year rebuilding project.

I differ in opinion..... who says Cutler would not have been offended by something else?

Poet
11-09-2010, 08:13 PM
I have seen several posters who said shit like "Just get rid of Smith, he's bad get what you can."

They loved to bash the pick and wanted him gone. Then McD gets rid of him and he produces and they're mad.

Jesus Christ.

More than half of the people on this board couldn't wait to get rid of Cutler after he pulled that baby shit.

Almost as many wanted Marshall gone for all the shit that he did.

Getting rid of Cutler hurt. Granted (and I'm not going to argue with anyone who is dumb enough to think that Cutler didn't share a large portion of the blame or had the right/should have acted like the baby that he did) McDaniels turned Orton into a stud.

Marshall was the trickier one. I still think the dude is a ticking time bomb, I could be wrong.

What he did was make lateral moves. Cutler was not the end all be all of QB's. Marshall is not the end all be all of WR's. If they were both here I doubt you'd be a playoff team.

Your QB play is a wash, although I think Cutler is a better QB than Orton by far. Your WR production is slightly better for this but Marshall is better than any of your guys.

If you put those two guys on the field, I think you'd be 4-6.

The biggest mistake the guy made was with Hillis. I thought that he could be a really good player in the NFL. Now I think that he will be a really good player in the NFL.

BroncoBJ
11-09-2010, 08:16 PM
I have seen several posters who said shit like "Just get rid of Smith, he's bad get what you can."

They loved to bash the pick and wanted him gone. Then McD gets rid of him and he produces and they're mad.

Jesus Christ.

More than half of the people on this board couldn't wait to get rid of Cutler after he pulled that baby shit.

Almost as many wanted Marshall gone for all the shit that he did.

Getting rid of Cutler hurt. Granted (and I'm not going to argue with anyone who is dumb enough to think that Cutler didn't share a large portion of the blame or had the right/should have acted like the baby that he did) McDaniels turned Orton into a stud.

Marshall was the trickier one. I still think the dude is a ticking time bomb, I could be wrong.

What he did was make lateral moves. Cutler was not the end all be all of QB's. Marshall is not the end all be all of WR's. If they were both here I doubt you'd be a playoff team.

Your QB play is a wash, although I think Cutler is a better QB than Orton by far. Your WR production is slightly better for this but Marshall is better than any of your guys.

If you put those two guys on the field, I think you'd be 4-6.

The biggest mistake the guy made was with Hillis. I thought that he could be a really good player in the NFL. Now I think that he will be a really good player in the NFL.

:lol: Pretty much sums it up. No doubt. They bitch no matter what happens. Just love to have a reason to complain. I bet some of the people here hate winning because they cant complain as much.

Gotta love the fans on this site though :lol:

broncobryce
11-09-2010, 10:04 PM
:lol: Pretty much sums it up. No doubt. They bitch no matter what happens. Just love to have a reason to complain. I bet some of the people here hate winning because they cant complain as much.

Gotta love the fans on this site though :lol:

This is the truest shit you ever wrote.