PDA

View Full Version : Reality Check

PAINTERDAVE
11-08-2010, 01:00 AM
If... for good or bad...
Tebow is the future of this franchise...
and I submit that the draft picks and the money says he is...

then what is happening is that in this throwaway season...
we are spending valuable real world game time...
developing Orton as a favor for the team he ends up with soon....
instead of investing that development in our own future.

Same as we see Hillis, and A Smith and Marshall coming into their own elsewhere...
after cutting their teeth here...

Does that make sense to continue investing in Orton for another team,
at the expense of experience that could be devoted to Tebow?

Bosco
11-08-2010, 01:51 AM
If... for good or bad...

Same as we see Hillis, and A Smith and Marshall coming into their own elsewhere...

John Elway was on the Vic and Gary show just the other day and echoed the same thing I've been telling people on here for a couple weeks now. You can't throw Tebow into the fire and risk him regressing on all the positive change he's made to his throwing mechanics, especially with the offensive line issues. He needs at least a full year of developing that proper muscle memory.

And yes, it makes sense to keep investing in Orton. The better he plays, the better compensation we can get when it comes time to flip him.

Canmore
11-08-2010, 01:56 AM
If... for good or bad...

That is a big IF. I don't know what McDaniels thinks, I really wish I did as does the entire Broncos fanbase. With that said does it make the most sense to play Tewbow now? I don't see playing Tebow until we are eliminated from playoff contention, if this year at all.

Shazam!
11-08-2010, 02:35 AM
No no no.

TT must go if Denver loses to KC.

Honestly and sadly, I expect them too. I have no reason to believe Denver can even win another game after what we've seen.

TT must go. I don't think McD will be here next year if Denver wins 5 games or less, and the incoming Coach sure as hell isn't going to keep KO as his starting QB.

To many Coaches (GRUDEN) Denver is enticing because of TT. The franchise QB is in place.

Let's give the new Coach some tape to watch and TT some real game footage to see where he can improve.

TT is the future of this franchise and could be key to turning it around quickly. KO isn't the answer or the long term solution. That's not a knock on him that's a 'reality check.'

If the Broncos don't win 6, McD is out. Bank on it.

And I know what the possible lock out, Denver paying 3 Coaches and all that... But the lockout gives the Coach extra time to prepare his team, and the money dooled out to Shanny and McD in the end? Winning will relieve that.

Big changes are needed on this from top to bottom.

Hell I'd even bring back a modern version of the classic orange crush unis to get away from this identity.

Bosco
11-08-2010, 02:58 AM
No no no.

TT must go if Denver loses to KC.

Honestly and sadly, I expect them too. I have no reason to believe Denver can even win another game after what we've seen.

TT must go. I don't think McD will be here next year if Denver wins 5 games or less, and the incoming Coach sure as hell isn't going to keep KO as his starting QB.

To many Coaches (GRUDEN) Denver is enticing because of TT. The franchise QB is in place.

Let's give the new Coach some tape to watch and TT some real game footage to see where he can improve.

TT is the future of this franchise and could be key to turning it around quickly. KO isn't the answer or the long term solution. That's not a knock on him that's a 'reality check.'

If the Broncos don't win 6, McD is out. Bank on it.

And I know what the possible lock out, Denver paying 3 Coaches and all that... But the lockout gives the Coach extra time to prepare his team, and the money dooled out to Shanny and McD in the end? Winning will relieve that.

Big changes are needed on this from top to bottom.

Hell I'd even bring back a modern version of the classic orange crush unis to get away from this identity.

You need a hug or something bro. lol

dogfish
11-08-2010, 03:04 AM

maybe, the real lesson here is that we shouldn't let another talented and/or productive player go to another team. . . .

:eek:

PAINTERDAVE
11-08-2010, 03:10 AM
maybe, the real lesson here is that we shouldn't let another talented and/or productive player go to another team. . . .

:eek:

Yeah... but I doubt Orton will be happy as a back up to Tebow.

PAINTERDAVE
11-08-2010, 03:26 AM
Look... Bradford and Tebow are in the same draft class.

The rams knew they were not going to the superbowl.
They have been playing the Rookie from day 1.

Next year he will be a veteran of the NFL trenches.
They will be a better team.

They will have spent their crappy season developing Bradfords talent.

It makes sense and no one is thinking it is a bad move.
No one is worried about his fragile psyche.

Our season is OVER. Jumpin' Jehosephat.
Accept it. We aint going to the super bowl.

Tebow is a tough guy.
Put him in to practice with the first team.
Game plan around his skill set.

Give the kid a shot to get some experience now...
the season is a waste other wise. Start the future... now.

We are simply helping develop another teams QB right now...
'cause Orton is as good as gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey... you know that McD is thinking about all of this.
You know Bowlen and Ellis are asking him... "What up?"

Maybe they aint gonna pull the trigger.

Probably they dont have the cojones to pull the trigger.

Oh well... I'll still watch the games.

Bosco
11-08-2010, 03:46 AM
Look... Bradford and Tebow are in the same draft class.

The rams knew they were not going to the superbowl.
They have been playing the Rookie from day 1.

Next year he will be a veteran of the NFL trenches.
They will be a better team.

They will have spent their crappy season developing Bradfords talent.

It makes sense and no one is thinking it is a bad move.
No one is worried about his fragile psyche.

Our season is OVER. Jumpin' Jehosephat.
Accept it. We aint going to the super bowl.

Tebow is a tough guy.
Put him in to practice with the first team.
Game plan around his skill set.

Give the kid a shot to get some experience now...
the season is a waste other wise. Start the future... now.

We are simply helping develop another teams QB right now...
'cause Orton is as good as gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey... you know that McD is thinking about all of this.
You know Bowlen and Ellis are asking him... "What up?"

Maybe they aint gonna pull the trigger.

Probably they dont have the cojones to pull the trigger.

Oh well... I'll still watch the games.

Bradford was also an extremely technical and fundamentally sound quarterback coming out of college. He doesn't need the developmental commitment that Tebow does.

Lonestar
11-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Sorry folks I do not see it. The base is being laid if anything I could see a new DC if the defense does not get better.

Going into 11 with NO cba in place not going to happen IMO.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

SOCALORADO.
11-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Bradford was also an extremely technical and fundamentally sound quarterback coming out of college. He doesn't need the developmental commitment that Tebow does.

Hows that?
Bradford has never called/audibled a play in his life. He has no
clue how to read a defense, and has everything relayed
in to him from the sidlines.
Hes extremely fragile, and has average fundamentals.
STL took a huge risk playing him right away, but they also
spent 50 freakin million dollars on him.
Thats why hes playing. 50 million.
TT has 10 times the football IQ that Bradford has right now.
And he still has issues as well.
I am not saying bradford sucks. By no means. hes shown a great
amount of improvement, and they have him learning more and more,
but to say TT cant do what hes doin is ludicrious.

Mike
11-08-2010, 10:16 AM
I don't agree with the "throwing a rookie into the fire" will ruin Tebow. Tebow just doesn't seem to have the character or mentality of a person to wilt when faced with adversity ala Ryan Leaf.

Ravage!!!
11-08-2010, 10:25 AM
I don't agree with the "throwing a rookie into the fire" will ruin Tebow. Tebow just doesn't seem to have the character or mentality of a person to wilt when faced with adversity ala Ryan Leaf.

I agree. I think thats just something some people say. We've seen just as much success from rookies getting experience from the "fire" as we've seen anything else.

Its not going to "ruin" Tebow. If thats all it takes, he didn't have it anyway.

Also.. I don't think there are a TON of coaches interested "in line" to coach Tebow. I think there is ONE that has made it public how much he likes Tebow. Other than that, I think most know they are in for a major project.

ANY QB that has sat, has said over and over again, how much MORE experience they have gotten from that first year playing. Thats the most important thing.. the playing experience.

Ravage!!!
11-08-2010, 10:30 AM
Hows that?
Bradford has never called/audibled a play in his life. He has no
clue how to read a defense, and has everything relayed
in to him from the sidlines.
Hes extremely fragile, and has average fundamentals.
STL took a huge risk playing him right away, but they also
spent 50 freakin million dollars on him.
Thats why hes playing. 50 million.
TT has 10 times the football IQ that Bradford has right now.
And he still has issues as well.
I am not saying bradford sucks. By no means. hes shown a great
amount of improvement, and they have him learning more and more,
but to say TT cant do what hes doin is ludicrious.

This isn' t true in the least. Bradford is extremely sound in all his fumdementals and Tebow does NOT have more football knowledge than Bradford. If this were the case, WHY would teams not believe (other than us) Teboow was worth a 1st roudn pick while Bradford was considered the best QB in the draft?? He's not fragile, and he's proved to be a GOOD passing QB..... which is what you need in the NFL.

I get that you are a Tebow fan, and maybe even one that doesn't like Bradford beacuse of where he played. But even after MISSING most of his senior year, he was picked WAY above Tebow.. and there is a reason for that. ITs not because Tebow is more football knowledgable, I know that.

PAINTERDAVE
11-08-2010, 10:32 AM
It would certainly be interesting to know what the top brass at Broncos, Inc. is thinking about all this.

SOCALORADO.
11-08-2010, 11:15 AM
This isn' t true in the least. Bradford is extremely sound in all his fumdementals and Tebow does NOT have more football knowledge than Bradford. If this were the case, WHY would teams not believe (other than us) Teboow was worth a 1st roudn pick while Bradford was considered the best QB in the draft?? He's not fragile, and he's proved to be a GOOD passing QB..... which is what you need in the NFL.

I get that you are a Tebow fan, and maybe even one that doesn't like Bradford beacuse of where he played. But even after MISSING most of his senior year, he was picked WAY above Tebow.. and there is a reason for that. ITs not because Tebow is more football knowledgable, I know that.

Ah, yeah Tebow is more footbal knowledgeable. Right now.
The most significant concern of Sam Bradford is to make pre-snap reads. An NFL quarterback must be able to read the defense before the snap to determine if the play needs to be changed or not. The Oklahoma system STRICTLY involved the QB looking to the sideline to get the play. The reading of the D is done purely by the coaching staff in the booth, relayed to the sideline and given to the QB. Sam bradford has NEVER read a defense as of yet. He might be getting trained to do so as we write, but as of week 1 of the NFL season he could not do it. This doesnt make him a bad choice or a bad QB. I was the only person on this site many, many months before the draft saying i thought MCD would go after Bradford because of his system abilities!
I like Bradford. Always have. But as for football knowledge compared to Tebow, no way. Urban Meyer allowed TT to literally run his offense.
He audibled plays at the line so often, even the Florida coaching staff had no clue what he was gonna run!
Now, an argument can be made that this was/is because TT is a "duel threat" QB. He can run, like a RB, or he can pass outta the shotgun. And the spread in FLA is specifically taylored to the QB doing just this. Chris Leak could do it as well, and last i checked he wasnt playing football.
So alot can be made that the system that TT came from allowed him to gain that valuable knowlegde to understand why a safety is comin down in the box when TT is under center, but knowledge is knowldege and it cant be under estimated. TT understand no only scheme and systems, but he also understands lingo as well. Thats the benefit of a Urban Meyer and the spread. It makes the QB account for the defense. Thats why MCD took TT.
But alot of this doesnt matter to scouts as far as pure passing ability to overall ability in the long run, which is why Bradford was taken 1st.
Bradford does not have an awkward delivery like TT, and he has plenty of time to learn defenses. And even TT had trouble at times making pre snap reads in college. No ones perfect, but to say bradfords fundamentally sound is laughable.

Bosco
11-08-2010, 01:23 PM
I agree. I think thats just something some people say. Including me, Josh McDaniels and now a Super Bowl winning, Hall of Fame quarterback.

atwater27
11-08-2010, 08:37 PM
Including me, Josh McDaniels and now a Super Bowl winning, Hall of Fame quarterback.

well, at least John Elway is right most of the time.

TimTebow15MVP
11-08-2010, 09:28 PM
the last game of the season,. start tebow vs the chargers a big time division rivalry. chargers will be playing for playoff spot and we will be playing spoiler. let tebow go in and get a whiff of what the real nfl is about. vs a good team and a rival. what better experience is that heading into the off season?

orton has to keep playing man, The better orton is the better the draft pick. the broncos should be able to land atleast a 2nd rounder for orton aslong as he keeps playing like this. the league is giving him respect also the players voted h im the 2nd most underated player in the league

I Eat Staples
11-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Tebow isn't good enough to be the future of any NFL team and it's a damn shame McD stuck us with him.

Orton could be a great QB.

KCL
11-08-2010, 10:25 PM
the last game of the season,. start tebow vs the chargers a big time division rivalry.

Hell put him in there when the Broncos play in Oakland...let him get a feel of the black hole with the rabid Raider fans...let him get a whiff
of that!

The Raiders are a big division rivalry!!!

TimTebow15MVP
11-08-2010, 10:49 PM
Hell put him in there when the Broncos play in Oakland...let him get a feel of the black hole with the rabid Raider fans...let him get a whiff
of that!

The Raiders are a big division rivalry!!!

the thing about tebow is he loves playing on the road. he takes that us against the world mentallity on the road. the way he led the gators in some tough hostile sec away games was awesome. Id let him get a taste of the afc west rivalry. hell they might aswell take 10 snaps outta orton hand per game and give them to tebow. and not all just runs!!

HORSEPOWER 56
11-08-2010, 11:02 PM
You need a hug or something bro. lol

He might, but I feel his pain. I've NEVER been as embarrassed to be a Broncos fan as currently am. This team is disgusting, and NOTHING about the current starting lineup is giving me any hope or indication that we might actually improve.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-08-2010, 11:07 PM
Tebow isn't good enough to be the future of any NFL team and it's a damn shame McD stuck us with him.

Orton could be a great QB.

Sorry, I just don't think that's true. This offensive system makes any QB look good, stats wise, but you still have to drive your team down the field late in the 4th quarter down a score and win/tie the game. Of 4 opportunities Orton has had this season (Jax, Tenn, NYJ, SF) Orton has only succeeded once (Tenn), and that was due in part to a PI call in the endzone.