PDA

View Full Version : Reid & Morton cut

hamrob
08-13-2008, 11:45 AM
I figured since it's so slow right now...we could discuss this topic.

I've been scratching my head on this one. I watched the Texans game about three times and thought that both Reid and Morton played fairly well. I can remember thinking...boy we've got some nice depth at CB. Then I see we immediately cut both of these youngsters and signed a couple of street bums. What gives?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3533124

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_10178383

Poole was o.k. a few years back...but how much does he have left and I don't know anything about the kid (Wale Dada) that they signed to replace Reid.

Thoughts on these decisions?

Tned
08-13-2008, 12:06 PM
From Rotoworld.com

Tyrone Poole - DB Aug. 13 - 11:39 am et

Broncos signed free agent DB Tyrone Poole.

Poole, who was cut last summer by the Texans, is being brought in for depth with Champ Bailey (hamstring) and Hamza Abdullah (groin) missing practice time. Defensive back Christian Morton was released to create roster space.
Source: SportingNews.com

hamrob
08-13-2008, 12:11 PM
I already posted this. Maybe a mod can merge the two?

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19083

honz
08-13-2008, 12:26 PM
Wale Dada went to Washington St.

Washington St. DBs FTW!

Tebow4Ever
08-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Interesting..Tyrone Pool has been a decent Backup in the past. I remember he played with the Patsies during the superbowl run a few years ago. Im hoping Champ and Hamza are able to practice soon. Especially since Hamza is looking to start in the Secondary with Mcree..

Lonestar
08-13-2008, 01:15 PM
sounds like more GM BS from above cut a promising rookie to sign overpriced aged VET..

underrated29
08-13-2008, 01:19 PM
No offense guys but morton and reid sucked. They werent going to make the team anyways.

Chances are that wala adoada guy wont either. Pool maybe but only because we are so thin at S any how.

remember we still have to go from 80 guys we have now down to like 53 in a matter of two-three weeks.

Buff
08-13-2008, 01:23 PM
No offense guys but morton and reid sucked. They werent going to make the team anyways.

Chances are that wala adoada guy wont either. Pool maybe but only because we are so thin at S any how.

remember we still have to go from 80 guys we have now down to like 53 in a matter of two-three weeks.

Exactly... These are just warm bodies to take reps with the special teams at practice... Nothing more than sacrifical lambs really.

BigDaddyBronco
08-13-2008, 01:27 PM
Exactly... These are just warm bodies to take reps with the special teams at practice... Nothing more than sacrifical lambs really.

Ummmmm sacrifical lambs...

I'm siting here thinking, who the hell are Reid and Morton. :laugh:

Anyone else ready for the season to start.

dogfish
08-13-2008, 04:26 PM
jeez, tyrone poole must be pushing fifty. . . .

:huh:

DenBronx
08-13-2008, 04:53 PM
camp fodder...

...they will all be cut in 2 weeks anyway.

Requiem / The Dagda
08-13-2008, 06:49 PM
Champ Bailey, Dre Bly, Domonique Foxworth, Karl Paymah, Jack Williams.

Please tell me where either of those would have fit in -- when we'll have safeties to come in during the "big" packages, and having five deep anyways.

They weren't good either. Not worried about it. I'd rather have Poole than Reid or Morton.

BroncoWave
08-13-2008, 06:56 PM
sounds like more GM BS from above cut a promising rookie to sign overpriced aged VET..

Scrub love.

No big story here.

rcsodak
08-13-2008, 10:31 PM
Shanny said they weren't going to make the team anyway. No biggie. Might as well bring in others to see if they will. Not like anybody's getting paid big bucks in camp, anyways. :rolleyes: