PDA

View Full Version : Broncos try out TE Edgar Jones, T Cliff Louis

Denver Native (Carol)
11-04-2010, 03:21 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/11/03/broncos-try-out-te-edgar-jones-t-cliff-louis/5753/

While the players are away on bye week, the Broncos’ coaching staff and front office executives are still doing work.

The team gave tryouts this week to former Baltimore tight end Edgar Jones, a converted linebacker, and right tackle Cliff Louis, a 6-foot-8, 315-pound behemoth who has spent time with Dallas and Detroit.

Jones had also been a strong special teams player for the Ravens.

dogfish
11-04-2010, 03:41 PM
they SHOULD have been busy firing the O-line coaches and the special teams coordinator instead. . .

:coffee:

BroncoStud
11-04-2010, 04:04 PM
they SHOULD have been busy firing the O-line coaches and the special teams coordinator instead. . .

Problem is how many GOOD coordinators are free to take a job in November? I'm assuming most of the good ones are already coaching somewhere.

Day1BroncoFan
11-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Problem is how many GOOD coordinators are free to take a job in November? I'm assuming most of the good ones are already coaching somewhere.

To bad one of em isn't here.

BroncoStud
11-04-2010, 04:10 PM
To bad one of em isn't here.

No doubt.

dogfish
11-04-2010, 05:39 PM

most likely, , but sometimes guys do deserve to get fired just for sheer, utter incompetence, even if a clear upgrade isn't in sight. . . i'm not sure who's available in terms of OL, but at this point i'd say it's actually sunk so low that change just for the sake of change is in order-- i truly don't see how it could possibly be worse. . .

at ST coordinator, i'd promote keith burns as the interim, and give him the rest of the year to show whether he can handle it going forward. . .

Canmore
11-04-2010, 07:14 PM

I can think of a couple more firings.

shank
11-04-2010, 07:24 PM
I can think of a couple more firings.

ricky henderson, the laundry guy. no one ******* starches towels, ricky!

arapaho2
11-05-2010, 12:57 PM
reeks of desparation

Bosco
11-06-2010, 03:42 PM
reeks of desparation

You do realize that teams are constantly giving workouts to players, right?

claymore
11-06-2010, 03:46 PM
You do realize that teams are constantly giving workouts to players, right?

Usually for depth. We are probably looking for starters. :laugh:

elsid13
11-06-2010, 03:54 PM

I understand both players excel at the bubble screen offense and missing blocks.

Bosco
11-06-2010, 03:57 PM

Yes, I'm sure they are working out this tight end so he can jump Graham, Quinn and Gronkowski on the depth chart. [/retarded sarcasm]

Ravage!!!
11-06-2010, 07:59 PM
how hard is it to jump Quinn and Gron? Has Quinn seen the field yet? How hard would it be to replace a total waste sitting on the bench? You think we are just working them out because our current roster is working out so well? YOu think its a coincidence tht this TE is a 300 lb tackle sized player? :lol:

Bosco
11-06-2010, 08:37 PM
how hard is it to jump Quinn and Gron? For a converted LB working out with teams on their bye weeks hoping to land a job? Pretty damn hard would be my guess.

Has Quinn seen the field yet? Pretty consistently actually. He was in just about every single multiple tight end set we ran in the first two weeks, then got inactivated for a week or two because he couldn't get the formations and motions right and has now worked himself out of the doghouse and is back in those multiple tight end sets.

You think we are just working them out because our current roster is working out so well? YOu think its a coincidence tht this TE is a 300 lb tackle sized player? :lol: The NFL is in a constant talent evaluation process. Everyone is looking for that next diamond in the rough, which is why you see guys constantly getting workouts. That said, anyone who thinks the Broncos (or any other team for that matter) are looking to these people to be instant starters, short of a very critical injury situation, should probably stick to fantasy football.

TimTebow15MVP
11-06-2010, 08:38 PM
reeks of desparation

how long have you been understanding football? its not called desperation its called seeking help. if you can help your team at any point of the season where your lacking then you lok into it. we signed jason hunter off the street also. and vickerson. both have been pretty good players for this team.