PDA

View Full Version : A startling realization

rationalfan
11-03-2010, 12:05 PM
from kizla's column:
Winless Buffalo is the lone AFC team with a worse record than the Broncos.

Read more: Kiszla: Merriman isn't old and tired - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16505776?source=rss#ixzz14EwLa8L6

Northman
11-03-2010, 12:07 PM
The last two weeks have been hell on them. They basically could of beaten both the Chiefs and the Ravens.

Ravage!!!
11-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Fitzpatrick with 12 TDs and 5 INTs in only 5 games

Northman
11-03-2010, 12:32 PM
Fitzpatrick with 12 TDs and 5 INTs in only 5 games

Damn, he's right up there with Brady and Orton.

dogfish
11-03-2010, 12:33 PM
surprise, we suck this year. . .

:welcome:

arapaho2
11-03-2010, 12:36 PM
from what i seen from the bills...they are putting in tuff games..playing hard and are in to the end in some loses

we are looking like the worst team in the afc..possible the league all records aside

broncofaninfla
11-03-2010, 01:07 PM
The scary thing is I think the Bills would soundly beat Denver right now. I can't think of a team Denver would be certain to beat. Denver is arguably the worst team in the NFL right, I can't remember a time when that was ever the case.

I know it's the NFL and on ant given Sunday any team can win BUT if Xanders/Mcd's Broncos aren't the worst team in the NFL, who is?

Day1BroncoFan
11-03-2010, 05:02 PM
It truly is a sad day in Bronco land. :sad:

slim
11-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Meh, Denver is a couple of fluke plays away from being 4-4.

They are not the worst team in the NFL.

dogfish
11-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Meh, Denver is a couple of fluke plays away from being 4-4.

They are not the worst team in the NFL.

who do you feel real confident we're better than?

:noidea:

slim
11-03-2010, 05:25 PM

Shut up :welcome:

Shazam!
11-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Besides Dallas even Buffalo is better than Denver right now.

The Bills and Browns are bad because of a lack of talent but they haven't given up. Even the Bills still fight tooth and nail.

I see a lot of the same problems with Dallas as I do the Broncos.

This season is sickening.

Ravage!!!
11-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Maybe AZ. ALthough I can't say confidently that we could/would beat them. I mean, we just got beat by a 1-6 team that used their 3rd string QB. A 3rd string QB that hasn't had a start since 2007... and only then started 2 games.

Ravage!!!
11-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Besides Dallas even Buffalo is better than Denver right now.

The Bills and Browns are bad because of a lack of talent but they haven't given up. Even the Bills still fight tooth and nail.

I see a lot of the same problems with Dallas as I do the Broncos.

This season is sickening.

yeah.. seems Wade has about as much ability to motivate his players as we do.

slim
11-03-2010, 06:19 PM
I can't believe Wade keeps getting HC jobs.

That is amazing to me.

dogfish
11-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Maybe AZ. ALthough I can't say confidently that we could/would beat them. I mean, we just got beat by a 1-6 team that used their 3rd string QB. A 3rd string QB that hasn't had a start since 2007... and only then started 2 games.

unfortunately, losing to bad quarterbacks is something we've gotten REALLY good at. . .

jawalrus, jason campbell, troy ****ing smith. . . so why not derek anderson or max hall? when you produce zero pressure and just let them plant their feet and survey the field for however long it takes, somebody is eventually going to uncover. . . and even the worst NFL QB will complete 50% of the time. . .

Bosco
11-03-2010, 08:39 PM
from what i seen from the bills...they are putting in tuff games..playing hard and are in to the end in some loses

You mean like us outside of the Oakland game?

Dzone
11-03-2010, 08:57 PM
I can't believe Wade keeps getting HC jobs.

That is amazing to me.

Yea, no doubt..he doesnt even have the personality to be a HC...ZERO CHARISMA...He seems like a real nice man, thats about it...i guerss we shouldnt feel sorry for the guy since Jerry is paying him a few Million

Ravage!!!
11-03-2010, 08:59 PM
we were never in the Baltimore game... the score ended up looking at LOT closer than what it was.

Dzone
11-03-2010, 09:00 PM
bring back Marv Levy !!!! "Hey you overoffiscious jerk!" hehehe

Dzone
11-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Seems like Merriman could help fill in at LB but he isnt a Boy Scout so forget it...lol...I guess one thing I do appreciate about Mcd and that is he does try to avoid bringing in jerks...no Travis henrys or dale carters ...but Merriman seems to be fairly stable lately except for that Lala whatever her name is

dogfish
11-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Seems like Merriman could help fill in at LB but he isnt a Boy Scout so forget it...lol...I guess one thing I do appreciate about Mcd and that is he does try to avoid bringing in jerks...no Travis henrys or dale carters ...but Merriman seems to be fairly stable lately except for that Lala whatever her name is

buffalo claimed roidman off waivers. . .

Dzone
11-03-2010, 09:23 PM
buffalo claimed roidman off waivers. . .
Yep, just saw that. Well, hopefully he can help the bILls ..I feel sorry for buffalo...its bad enough having to live in Buffalo
The NFL steroid tests are pretty easy to beat, so am wondering how a star like merriman came up with a + test..he must not have timed it right

Dzone
11-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Wont be a bit surprised if Champ ends up finishing his career in DC with shanahan.

Am startin to wonder if shanny is getting senile after that grossman debacle...nice to know we arent the only team whose coach makes some boneheaded moves...gadzooks...Sounds like Mike is easily irritated..Maybe he is losin it...

Ravage!!!
11-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Wont be a bit surprised if Champ ends up finishing his career in DC with shanahan.

Am startin to wonder if shanny is getting senile after that grossman debacle...nice to know we arent the only team whose coach makes some boneheaded moves...gadzooks...Sounds like Mike is easily irritated..Maybe he is losin it...

I think it was a dumb mistake as well... BUT.... you saw things like this in Philly as well. Just seems there is always SOMETHING surrounding McNabb. This was a weird thing going on in Washington, for sure... but still makes you look at the past and say .. "hmmmm"

Bosco
11-03-2010, 10:13 PM
we were never in the Baltimore game... the score ended up looking at LOT closer than what it was.

The score was only 17-7 going into the 4th quarter. I would say we were "in it" at that point.

Northman
11-03-2010, 10:14 PM
unfortunately, losing to bad quarterbacks is something we've gotten REALLY good at. . .

jawalrus, jason campbell, troy ****ing smith. . . so why not derek anderson or max hall? when you produce zero pressure and just let them plant their feet and survey the field for however long it takes, somebody is eventually going to uncover. . . and even the worst NFL QB will complete 50% of the time. . .

Jawalrus. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bosco
11-03-2010, 10:17 PM
Jawalrus. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Jabba the Quarterback is another one that made me laugh.

Ravage!!!
11-03-2010, 10:29 PM
The score was only 17-7 going into the 4th quarter. I would say we were "in it" at that point.

As I said, the score made it appear much closer than what it was. We were never in that game..... not really. They were dominating us on all fronts.

BORDERLINE
11-04-2010, 01:49 AM
Damn , come to think of it only the Panthers and maybe the Cowboys are just as bad as us.SMH , you guys are right I can see Buffalo really beating us if we where to play them

Canmore
11-04-2010, 02:16 AM
Damn , come to think of it only the Panthers and maybe the Cowboys are just as bad as us.SMH , you guys are right I can see Buffalo really beating us if we where to play them

That hurts to hear, unfortunately it's probably true.

BORDERLINE
11-04-2010, 01:48 PM
this season is over in my eyes. It does hurt that it's so early in the season, we as fans are not used to this, at least not this early SMH. I live for sundays in the fall but damn these games are gonna feel more like pre-season since they don't affect us getting into the playoffs

BroncoStud
11-04-2010, 04:12 PM

I'd say the Browns, but then again Hillis would probably pound us for 150 yards and 3 Tds... Denver MIGHT be the worst team in the NFL, Arizona is pretty bad though, and Carolina.

Day1BroncoFan
11-04-2010, 04:15 PM
I hate the fact that we're debating whether or not there is a team worse than us in the NFL.

Elevation inc
11-04-2010, 04:21 PM

we are looking like the worst team in the afc..possible the league all records aside

no actually dallas, Carolina are worse....:D

rcsodak
11-04-2010, 04:29 PM

1 play away from being better than the NYJ. Hows that!
I think the biggest thing, other than the injuries, iss the total lack of confidence. This team struggles when things happen. Jets game..49rs game after that hail mary. The two to's in the Oak game. IF they can get out to an early lead, I think we'll see some more inspired play.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Northman
11-04-2010, 04:30 PM
I think the biggest thing, other than the injuries, iss the total lack of confidence. This team struggles when things happen. Jets game..49rs game after that hail mary. The two to's in the Oak game. IF they can get out to an early lead, I think we'll see some more inspired play.

That will require actually scoring in the first quarter.

spikerman
11-04-2010, 04:33 PM
no actually dallas, Carolina are worse....:D

Unfortunately, I wouldn't bet money on that. :lol:

rcsodak
11-04-2010, 04:34 PM
Maybe AZ. ALthough I can't say confidently that we could/would beat them. I mean, we just got beat by a 1-6 team that used their 3rd string QB. A 3rd string QB that hasn't had a start since 2007... and only then started 2 games....that had a running game that only required short passes and a poorly defended HM at the goalline. Pitt almost beat balti last yr with the same formula.
A gimpy cb didnt help the cause, either.

rcsodak
11-04-2010, 04:36 PM

The Shanny Curse.

rcsodak
11-04-2010, 04:38 PM
You mean like us outside of the Oakland game?
lol...they'd be great revisionary historians, would they not?

dogfish
11-04-2010, 05:17 PM

shitty. . .

rcsodak
11-04-2010, 05:19 PM
shitty. . .
lol.

slim
11-04-2010, 05:24 PM
I am going to kick my dog when I get home.

dogfish
11-04-2010, 05:27 PM
The Shanny Curse.

yea, right. . . MCDANIELS is the coach that actually lost those games, but let's blame it on shanahan. . .

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3267/denial.jpg (http://img215.imageshack.us/i/denial.jpg/)

:lalala: :lalala:

one of the more pitiful deflection attempts that's been posted here in quite some time, nice work. . .

Northman

Spare the dog and beat your wife, or kick your mother.

dogfish

put in a stomp for me, willya?

yardog
11-05-2010, 07:46 AM

:tsk:

yardog
11-05-2010, 07:46 AM
put in a stomp for me, willya?

dogfish
11-05-2010, 10:46 AM

relax big guy, it's just a figure of speech-- there will be no literal dog-kicking done. . .

arapaho2
11-05-2010, 10:47 AM

hows that...you know the old saying we bronco fans used to describe games against lessor opponants...any given sunday...or a dog gets a bone every now an then......well we are that dog...it was our sunday...we are the lessor team ....we almost had our bone against the jets

heres the thing..good teams that are well coached find a way to win...bad teams or poorly coached ones find a way to lose....thats the mcd broncos in a nutshell

as for getting out early...what part of joshes offense leads you to think we can get out early?

do you realize in the 8 games played we have scored a single time in the first qrter ...one time!!!

in fact in the 24 games josh has coached we have scored a touchdown five times ......been shut out 15 times

there is nothing in the offense that screams we can score early ...and certainly nothing in the mcd inspired defense that says we could hold a lead if the did manage it

also...a lack of confindence is a lack of coaching in my opinion...good teams do not lack confindence

Broncolingus
11-05-2010, 11:01 AM
I've been aware Denver's been mediocre at best for more or less 10+ years now...

Mediocrity just went to terrible this year...that's all.

Medford Bronco
11-05-2010, 08:22 PM

Browns? But they beat the Saints.

Carolina sucks pretty bad.

They are all sucky and can finish with 2-4 wins:tsk: puke

Ravage!!!
11-05-2010, 11:07 PM

Ithink the Browns would kick our ass....

Canmore
11-06-2010, 12:51 AM
Ithink the Browns would kick our ass....

I'm afraid you are right.

bcbronc
11-06-2010, 04:02 PM
am I the only one that feels this franchise has been in need of a top 5 draft position for a few years now? ya, it sucks during the season, but if y'er a fan, y'er in it for the long haul anyway.

too many mediocre years...not good enough to win anything, and bad enough to give up 50 with the division on the line, but not bad enough to get some top draft picks.

This offseason HAS to be about rebuilding the trenches.

considering all the injuries we've had, and the youth movement on the oline which isn't taking as quick as I'd like, the results of this season are expected.

Next year, our oline should be better, simply from Clady having a healthy offseason, and Walton-Kuper-Beadles getting familiar with the pro game and/or each other. add a healthy Moreno (and White for that matter) and we'll have better balance.

on defense, we need to go dline in the worst way, but adding a healthy Doom and Ayers will add a lot. plus Goodman and Dawkins and McBath have left our defensive secondary in tatters. oh yeah, our dline kinda sucks.

I don't think anyone thought we'd be legit contenders this year. but we've seen some good play by our young CBs, Moreno has looked much better when healthy, Orton and the passing game have been great. All things considered, this is the perfect season to have a bunch of injuries, get our youth lots of reps, and add some top end talent at the draft.

Sucks losing so much, but I've gotten pretty tired of 8-8. having a season like this could be just what the doctor ordered.

Northman
11-06-2010, 04:04 PM
am I the only one that feels this franchise has been in need of a top 5 draft position for a few years now? ya, it sucks during the season, but if y'er a fan, y'er in it for the long haul anyway.

too many mediocre years...not good enough to win anything, and bad enough to give up 50 with the division on the line, but not bad enough to get some top draft picks.

I havent seen anyone say they wont be fans of the team. But, lets be honest here. Having a top 5 pick is great so as long as you keep the talent you have on the team that your building. Simply trading away young talent just to get top 5 picks that may or may not work out anyway isnt common sense nor common practice. St. Louis has had a few top 5 picks but i dont see them trading away picks from 3 years ago.

Lancane
11-06-2010, 04:14 PM
I havent seen anyone say they wont be fans of the team. But, lets be honest here. Having a top 5 pick is great so as long as you keep the talent you have on the team that your building. Simply trading away young talent just to get top 5 picks that may or may not work out anyway isnt common sense nor common practice. St. Louis has had a few top 5 picks but i dont see them trading away picks from 3 years ago.

Good Point, and let us not forget that McDaniels is a 'Discount Shopper', he'd trade a top five pick for the 20th and a package of Ding-Dongs!

:lol:

BCJ
11-09-2010, 02:45 AM

well, dec 12th we will find out. We have lost games as bad teams lose the close ones with PI, throw the ball up for grabs, penalties at end of drives and of course snapping the ball 8 feet from the QB.

TXBRONC
11-09-2010, 10:21 AM

We were supposedly better than the 49ers so really don't know who we are better than.

Ravage!!!
11-09-2010, 10:44 AM
well, dec 12th we will find out. We have lost games as bad teams lose the close ones with PI, throw the ball up for grabs, penalties at end of drives and of course snapping the ball 8 feet from the QB.

well. we got moer calls FOR us on that Jets game than against us, esepecially since that was a good call. So we were not beaten by calls, we were IN the game because of bad calls. The Snap to Orton hit his hand, it just wasn't right to him like it should have been.

I get what you are saying, I just don't buy into this notion that we are are "just a couple plays from being 4-4." I think we are just as close to being oh-fer.

TXBRONC
11-09-2010, 11:07 AM
well. we got moer calls FOR us on that Jets game than against us, esepecially since that was a good call. So we were not beaten by calls, we were IN the game because of bad calls. The Snap to Orton hit his hand, it just wasn't right to him like it should have been.

I get what you are saying, I just don't buy into this notion that we are are "just a couple plays from being 4-4." I think we are just as close to being oh-fer.

I agree. We've had 3 games so far this season where we had the ball last with a chance to either tie or take the lead and we blew it by turning the ball over.

arapaho2
11-09-2010, 12:27 PM

the TD to thomas in the corner would have been called back as he didnt get both feet down in bounds..if challenged

as for the botched snap...it did hit him in the hand...shoulda caught it,,,even then it doesnt excuse the fact in a crucial drive, orton chose to try and pick it up instead of just falling on it and still having a down left

arapaho2
11-09-2010, 12:30 PM
I agree. We've had 3 games so far this season where we had the ball last with a chance to either tie or take the lead and we blew it by turning the ball over.

not the MO of a well coached team

BCJ
11-09-2010, 02:50 PM

Trust me as I state I am not making excuses as much as pointing out that bad teams lose those situations and good teams take advantage of it. Take for example the Lions game this weekend. Their kicker gets hurt and cant make an extra point. 3rd down with barely 2 minutes left if they convert a risky, yet manageable, roll out that is dropped. Jets, good team, takes advantage and drives down to tie it up and win in OT. Good teams dont have crap like that happen to them. They take advantage of it.