PDA

View Full Version : World Series Champs...

Broncolingus
11-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Although I was going for the Rangers, I'm never sad to see an NL team (yes, the Pitcher should bat) win...

Congrats to the Giants...

...and Rangers too for a good year.

Ravage!!!
11-01-2010, 09:57 PM
I actually think they should just bring in DH to both leagues instead of having the pitcher bat.

UrbanBounca
11-01-2010, 11:46 PM
I'm glad the Giants pulled it off because they are basically the adult version of the Bad News Bears. I'm definately a Brian Wilson fan, too. We need his emotion in baseball.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Thnikkaman
11-02-2010, 10:20 AM
I think Tim Lincicum smoked all the weed in NoCal last night after the win.

The San Francisco Gnats SUCK!!!

Put that in your humidor.

Timmy!
11-03-2010, 05:32 PM
*harf*

slim
11-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Boys, Brandon Webb is a FA.

Ubaldo, DLR, Webb....think about it.

Thnikkaman
11-03-2010, 06:04 PM

Our rotation would be

Ubaldo
Webb
Chacin
DLR
Hammel

I would be a scared batter.

slim
11-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Our rotation would be

Ubaldo
Webb
Chacin
DLR
Hammel

I would be a scared batter.

And we need to add another quality starter anyway. Might as well take a chance on Webb. I bet he can be had at a fairly reasonable price, too.

Broncolingus
11-03-2010, 07:39 PM
And we need to add another quality starter anyway. Might as well take a chance on Webb. I bet he can be had at a fairly reasonable price, too.

I concur...

...and with that, we have spoken and Rockies Inc. may now move forward.

Medford Bronco
11-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Congrats to the Giants. They won with the style of baseball I like. Pitching and timely hitting.

Medford Bronco
11-03-2010, 08:40 PM

I think Webb would get killed in Coors IMO.

YOu have a good team. Just need to get out of the gate better and you will be in it.

LA is a pukefest with McCourts wife :tsk:

Thnikkaman
11-03-2010, 08:56 PM
I think Webb would get killed in Coors IMO.

YOu have a good team. Just need to get out of the gate better and you will be in it.

LA is a pukefest with McCourts wife :tsk:

I agree with this, and have less injuries. We were without JDLR and Tulo for long portions of the season last year. With Tulo, we might not have done so horribly on the road after the break, and might have been cruising in 1st place for the rest of the season.

Then again, with the Humidor, Webb would do just fine.

Medford Bronco
11-04-2010, 09:46 PM
I agree with this, and have less injuries. We were without JDLR and Tulo for long portions of the season last year. With Tulo, we might not have done so horribly on the road after the break, and might have been cruising in 1st place for the rest of the season.

Then again, with the Humidor, Webb would do just fine.

I respect your op but I think Webb is too much of a soft tosser to be successful. Humidor or not, the ball gets hit hard when you throw 85 MPH and dont hit the corners.

Thnikkaman
11-04-2010, 10:18 PM
I respect your op but I think Webb is too much of a soft tosser to be successful. Humidor or not, the ball gets hit hard when you throw 85 MPH and dont hit the corners.

Considering Webb has a 5-5 lifetime record in 14 starts at coors and has a pretty decent groundball rate, I would say that he would likely get 7-8 wins at coors and should do a good job on the road.

If he can't cut it starting, he would fit well as long reliever.

With our infield prospects (Herrara and EYJr.) playing with Tulo, we do well with ground ball pitchers.

Unless Aaron Cook has a miracle comeback season, we could use another arm like Webb.

Broncolingus
11-05-2010, 08:04 AM
I only thought Webb would be worth taking a shot with is because I think he ought to come so cheap...

I absolutely agree he isn't the second coming of Clemens or Maddux...

JMO...