PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss just waived do we make a claim?

cuzz4169
11-01-2010, 02:12 PM
yes or no? whats it hurt...finally maybe we could dump gaffeny...no more double teams on llyod.

UnderArmour
11-01-2010, 02:15 PM
No. Wherever Randy Moss goes, he needs to have the option to go there. Making a claim on a player like TO or Randy Moss isn't smart. Why would Moss want to go from a losing team to another losing team? He'll just quit on them again. IMO, I see the Patriots as likely to pick him up again, making the trade even more of an absolute steal.

cuzz4169
11-01-2010, 02:17 PM
New England will be one of the last teams on list to get him...I really believe teams with lower records than NE will put claims in. And Moss got a long with Josh fine in NE no bad history.

Rusty Shackleford
11-01-2010, 02:37 PM
No.

Northman
11-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Not really interested.

BroncoWave
11-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Yeah, let's sign a malcontent at what is probably our strongest position. That's a great idea.

frauschieze
11-01-2010, 02:42 PM
No. I will RAGE.

Also, he would not be helpful. It's not our receivers that need help....it's EVERYTHING ELSE!

robert ethan
If this is true Moss could be done in the league. No one needed him more than the Vikings did. His career could be over before Favre's.

Traveler
yes or no? whats it hurt...finally maybe we could dump gaffeny...no more double teams on llyod.

Why stunt Thomas' growth?

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
11-01-2010, 02:48 PM
I disagree with all of you guys. The season is going down fast. Moss is cocky and a pain in the rear but he knows how to win. The guy will sell tix, jerseys, and it is an overall smart move for the franchise. He's a headcase but he does have a history of working with McD in his glory days in New England. It's one year, we're already on the outside of the playoffs in most people's minds. Get him in here.

silkamilkamonico
11-01-2010, 02:58 PM
No. He will just ruin Denver's draft position for next year.

Northman
11-01-2010, 03:01 PM
I disagree with all of you guys. The season is going down fast. Moss is cocky and a pain in the rear but he knows how to win.

I dont know if he knows how to win but he sure knows how to quit on a play.

Broncolingus
11-01-2010, 03:02 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:_KHskHzWNY9YaM:http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x73/doubleplusundeadmeenu/how-about-no-bear.jpg&t=1

SOCALORADO.
11-01-2010, 03:06 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:_KHskHzWNY9YaM:http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x73/doubleplusundeadmeenu/how-about-no-bear.jpg&t=1

How bout this guy!?!

http://www.uhnd.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/jon-gruden.jpg

SOCALORADO.
11-01-2010, 03:09 PM
Or maybe DEN fans should just put a "claim" in for this guy as GM?!?!? DEn might not win a SB, but f'n A they
would go from 2-14 to 14-2 real quick!!!!!!!!1

http://photos.signonsandiego.com/gallery1.5/albums/051211dolphins/051211marty_tell.jpg

Broncolingus
11-01-2010, 03:11 PM
How bout this guy!?!

Yeah...I'd probably give dude a shot.

Nomad
11-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Or maybe DEN fans should just put a "claim" in for this guy as GM?!?!? DEn might not win a SB, but f'n A they
would go from 2-14 to 14-2 real quick!!!!!!!!1

http://photos.signonsandiego.com/gallery1.5/albums/051211dolphins/051211marty_tell.jpg

Marty comes here and tells the players to head hunt Rivers.....not a bad idea!!:D

KCL
11-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Moss is on his way to KC...Haven't you all heard?

dogfish
11-01-2010, 07:21 PM
:frusty: :frusty:

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
11-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Moss is on his way to KC...Haven't you all heard?

Didn't think I'd be saying this right now but they are too good for Moss.... some crappy team will put a bid in on him

Dreadnought
11-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Ah, Hell No! We already have enough attitude problems without this aging idiot being added to the roster. Our WR's are fine anyways, as has been said already

KCL
11-01-2010, 09:17 PM
Didn't think I'd be saying this right now but they are too good for Moss.... some crappy team will put a bid in on him

That was an inside joke with Nomad...;)

Denver Native (Carol)
11-01-2010, 09:23 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/tag?name=moss-cut-110110

Last month, at the time Randy Moss was abruptly traded from New England to Minnesota, we looked at whether Moss could have fit in the AFC West. There are some natural connections to Moss in the division. Things have changed in the past few weeks, so let’s examine the situation again in light of the Vikings reportedly deciding to waive Moss.

We will look at the AFC West teams in order of waiver priority:

Denver, waiver priority, 5: Moss would reunite with Broncos coach Josh McDaniels. Moss had a record-breaking season in 2007 in New England with McDaniels as his offensive coordinator. By all accounts, the two had a good relationship. But I’m not sure if the timing is right. The Broncos are 2-6 and really don’t need any more potential headaches. Plus, the passing game is a bright spot in Denver. Moss really wouldn’t make a huge impact. Now, if he was a running back that would be a different story.

San Diego, 10: No receiving group in the NFL is as banged up as San Diego’s unit. But I still don’t think this is a fit. Moss is not a Chargers-type player. Plus, San Diego quarterback Philip Rivers threw for 305 yards Sunday despite playing without his top four receivers. Tight end Antonio Gates is carrying the load and the young receivers are getting it done. San Diego will regain its health soon and Vincent Jackson will miss two more games before returning. So, I don’t see Moss ending up in San Diego.

Oakland, 14: Well, Moss flamed out in Minnesota twice. Maybe he’ll end up in Oakland again. There are some members of the Raider Nation who want Oakland to claim Moss, if only to block him from going to first-place Kansas City, which visits Oakland on Sunday. Moss would give the banged-up Oakland receiving crew a veteran presence. But his tenure in Oakland did not end well and the Raiders have amassed more than 1,000 yards of offense the past two weeks. I’m not sure adding the volatile Moss would be good for this team in the long run. But Al Davis might be tempted for the short term. Interestingly, Oakland coach Tom Cable didn’t discount the idea Monday.

Kansas City, 25: I have a feeling Moss may be claimed by a team with a worse record than the 5-2 Chiefs, so it may not matter. But this is a good fit on paper. He played for Kansas City general manager Scott Pioli in New England and Moss and Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassel worked well together in New England in 2008. Moss would definitely give the Chiefs’ offense an added dimension. It could be just the push Kansas City needs headed into the second half of the season. But Kansas City coach Todd Haley has clashed with receivers such as Terrell Owens and Anquan Boldin (whom the Chiefs considered acquiring this offseason) in the past. The point is, Haley is in charge and he will not tolerate unhappy players contaminating the locker room. So, there is a risk involved. But perhaps playing in Kansas City would inspire Moss to behave himself for the rest of the season. You put Moss on a team with this type of running game and you have a potentially dynamic offense.

Northman
11-01-2010, 09:31 PM
If McD takes Moss it will go against EVERYTHING that he has preached regarding selfish players. I hope he just isnt that stupid.

KCL
11-01-2010, 09:33 PM
I hope he just isnt that stupid.

Or desperate

Denver Native (Carol)
11-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Or desperate

I wouldn't think so - WR is not a problem area for us.

GEM
11-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Not just no, but hell ******* NO!

This would do it. I'd shoot myself if he dons the orange and blue.

Ravage!!!
11-01-2010, 10:37 PM
well..he IS an ex-patriot that knows the system. Seems it might be too tempting for McD to pass up on.

UrbanBounca
11-01-2010, 11:26 PM
How bout this guy!?!

Is that picture from when they went 4-12? :rolleyes:

sneakers
11-01-2010, 11:29 PM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/8/30/ellohellnow128646264353025552.jpg

Shazam!
11-01-2010, 11:34 PM
Unless Moss is playing OL he isnt needed.

Northman
11-01-2010, 11:35 PM
Not just no, but hell ******* NO!

This would do it. I'd shoot myself if he dons the orange and blue.

He does have a big tuff. lol

BCJ
11-02-2010, 01:43 AM
Why do people that start threads not read what they type. After hearing the news, I thought, " I know some jackhole will put a thread stating we need Randy Moss!" Well, congrats OP, you became our jackhole of the day.

sneakers
11-02-2010, 01:55 AM
Why do people that start threads not read what they type. After hearing the news, I thought, " I know some jackhole will put a thread stating we need Randy Moss!" Well, congrats OP, you became our jackhole of the day.

I was going to make one this afternoon as a joke with the title "ZOMG! LET'S SIGN RANDY MOSS!!!!!!1!!"

Jake Klug
11-02-2010, 02:09 AM
New England will be one of the last teams on list to get him...I really believe teams with lower records than NE will put claims in. And Moss got a long with Josh fine in NE no bad history.

I think Chicago or Washington will try to get him.

bcbronc
11-02-2010, 02:41 AM
I think Chicago or Washington will try to get him.

maybe Shanny will let Moss play QB for the two minute drill.

BroncoBJ
11-02-2010, 03:14 AM
:lol:

Classic thread.

Moss Cant block.
Cant run.
Cant play defense.

Not something I want.

It might just be me but I like Lloyd, Gaffney, Eddie, and Demaryius.

:coffee:

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
11-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Well lets claim Merriman then.....

Bronco Bible
11-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Or desperate

KCL , you seem to be following the Broncos........are you a closet Bronco fan?;)

KCL
11-02-2010, 11:52 AM
KCL , you seem to be following the Broncos........are you a closet Bronco fan?;)

no...I just can't stand to see you all so upset and fighting with
one another... :sad: :lol:

Gimpygod
11-02-2010, 12:17 PM
If McD takes Moss it will go against EVERYTHING that he has preached regarding selfish players. I hope he just isnt that stupid.

I don't actually recollect McDaniels saying anything about selfish players… He always just puts that stupid grin on his face and says "I want to pick the 53 players that give us the best opportunity to win." And then he sits Hillis and pulls in Jordan, Maroney and other New England rejects, dismissing actual Broncos players with actual talent. No, given that Josh loves everything New England I'm guessing Randy Moss is suited up and starting by the time we hit the practice field. 90% likelihood is what I'm saying.*For the record I believe pulling in Randy Moss would be horrible personnel move, wouldn't address a need and cause unnecessary hardship… So McDaniels will definitely do it, championship!

robert ethan
11-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Clark Judge made a point that was troubling me. Moss didn't try to catch Favre's Hail Mary in the end zone at the end of the Packer game. I thought the same myself at the time but thought "no, Moss wouldn't bail on his buddy Brett....". From the replays, that looked to be a catchable ball. I would think that was the beginning of the end for Randy in Minny. I was a big fan of his, but wouldn't touch him at this point. For any reason.

Dzone
11-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Moss is a grad A number 1 JERK...do we want a guy who is Brandon Marshall X10..a guy who thinks its ok to take plays off?

Dzone
11-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Clark Judge made a point that was troubling me. Moss didn't try to catch Favre's Hail Mary in the end zone at the end of the Packer game. I thought the same myself at the time but thought "no, Moss wouldn't bail on his buddy Brett....". From the replays, that looked to be a catchable ball. I would think that was the beginning of the end for Randy in Minny. I was a big fan of his, but wouldn't touch him at this point. For any reason.
Is there a link to that video?

tomjonesrocks
11-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Because McD and Randy have worked together successfully in the past the Do-we-add-insert-cut-player-here thread isn't as ludicrous as most.

That said thankfully Moss will almost certainly long gone before the Broncos get an opportunity to claim him.