PDA

View Full Version : arapahos week 8 game thoughts

arapaho2
11-01-2010, 10:52 AM
the Good!
we have the team josh wanted..full of team players and model citizens, a hand picked coaching staff leaving nothing to be desired.

brandon llyod...without him our passing game would be severly exposed worse than it is...thank god we are not reliying on gaffeny

the bad...it aint working

offense...it has progressively gotten worse...sure the passing yards are there thanks to llyod and his many miracle receptions...but it is just not working over a full game....lots of yards with little scores was the knock on the 08 offense...without lyyod and his acrabatics our passing game would be just as anemic as the rush offense

the running game is still pathetic...our knoshow moreno just doesnt have the stuff to get going...an average back with averaqge skills and average speed

beadles is getting beat like a drum at rt...walton is getting pushed around like a rag doll

orton....once again whole bunch of yards...little in the way of scoreing offense...once again sealed the loss with his turnovers

defense..whats to like? we are now the 31st ranked defense in scores allowed...slowik bad..there is no defending wink...he flat out sucks

not much to say other than that...we are just not a good team...period

we can listen to the josh apologists excuses about injuries...talent...youth or what have you.

this team is just not well coached...not disiplined...the defense and offensive schemes suck...and despite the assurances that we played a tuff schedule and we are now in the "EASY" part of the schedule where there is "no excuse for loseing"....we are losing we are getting beat up on both sides of the ball and we will be lucky...LUCKY TO BE 8-8

SOCALORADO.
11-01-2010, 11:03 AM
http://photos.upi.com/slideshow/lbox/6d203f4cd0f3eb879b26cc63e8a7c797/SBP2003012664.jpg

Broncolingus
11-01-2010, 11:14 AM
...or...

http://www.anewsheadlines.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/bill.jpg

arapaho2
11-01-2010, 12:25 PM
Two solid posts

Bosco
11-01-2010, 03:10 PM
So Knowshon had 11 carries for 40 yards in a game where by your own admission his center and RT were getting abused and you come to the conclusion that Moreno is just average.

Well, that makes sense

Ravage!!!
11-01-2010, 03:32 PM
nah.. that comes from watching him when he's out wide and just can't get past defenders. Moreno just isn't anything special. He's going to make a good complimentary back to someone, maybe a third down back... but he's honestly not a good 'prime' carrier.

arapaho2
11-01-2010, 03:42 PM
So Knowshon had 11 carries for 40 yards in a game where by your own admission his center and RT were getting abused and you come to the conclusion that Moreno is just average.

Well, that makes sense

should have said in pass protection...

but surely your not hanging on to the notion morenos just gonna suddenly bust loose

arian foster...6 starts...4 100+ games..9 tds

moreno 15 starts...0 100 yard games 9 tds

he has only 2 runs in 1.5 seasons longer than 20 yards

he just doesnt have that nfl burst

Lonestar
11-01-2010, 03:43 PM

Well, that makes sense

Very little does these days. do not despair things will get better when Josh win a super bowl for us but probably not til then.

arapaho2
11-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Very little does these days. do not despair things will get better when Josh win a super bowl for us but probably not til then.

hey thanks...josh winning a superbowl....good laugh...needed that after watching us get dominated in the easy part of the schedule:lol::lol::lol:

Day1BroncoFan
11-01-2010, 03:46 PM

He has to win a few games first. :nod:

SOCALORADO.
11-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Knowshow has always just been average since being drafted.
I think DEN needs another, bigger RB to share the load with Knowshow, and he might
pan out, but as the go to guy, hes been quite a bust.

If DEN could pair a healthy knowshow with someone like ....
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_tfGny3XAdI4/TJYnrTlTFsI/AAAAAAAAEFA/xJi2Qoa3qb4/s576/dkopp10%20Ill%20v%20NIU%20FB17.jpg

UrbanBounca
11-01-2010, 04:04 PM
Knowshow has always just been average since being drafted.
I think DEN needs another, bigger RB to share the load with Knowshow, and he might
pan out, but as the go to guy, hes been quite a bust.

We don't need another RB. RB's don't solve our offensive line struggles.

We don't need Gruden, either. He won his Super Bowl with a Tony Dungy team. In fact, he drove Tampa Bay into the ground after winning with Dungy's team.

arapaho2
11-01-2010, 04:14 PM

We don't need Gruden, either. He won his Super Bowl with a Tony Dungy team. In fact, he drove Tampa Bay into the ground after winning with Dungy's team.

barry sanders played his entire career behind a terrible oline...LT payed his first four seasons behind a horrible line...im just saying a good back can still be productive...thats what seperates the good from the average

moreno doesnt see the hole when there, goes down with a stiff breeze, has no burst...and if he does manage to clear the first level is easily caught by lineman or backers

we need a powerful quick back with vision

Bosco
11-01-2010, 04:28 PM
should have said in pass protection...

but surely your not hanging on to the notion morenos just gonna suddenly bust loose

arian foster...6 starts...4 100+ games..9 tds

moreno 15 starts...0 100 yard games 9 tds

he has only 2 runs in 1.5 seasons longer than 20 yards

he just doesnt have that nfl burst

Never minding the fact that this bullshit about his burst burst has been completely and totally discredited, I'll remind you that had Moreno been given as many carries as Gore, he would have finished about a whole whopping 14 yards short of Gore, the guy who was pretty much San Fran's entire offense.

SOCALORADO.
11-01-2010, 04:29 PM

Whos WE?
DEN needs help on the O-line, but thats not why knowshow is ALWAYS injured. And hes always slow too. Hes just not a full time RB, and its become glaringly obvious. For Knowshow to be productive, he needs another RB to share the load with. But yes, the offensive line needs help too.

And Gruden won his Lombardi playing against a team he built that went to the SB too. Not bad.

arapaho2
11-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Never minding the fact that this bullshit about his burst burst has been completely and totally discredited, I'll remind you that had Moreno been given as many carries as Gore, he would have finished about a whole whopping 14 yards short of Gore, the guy who was pretty much San Fran's entire offense.

bull ...gore has power to run throught the middle of the line..moreno does not

you cant base a rbs projections based on what he did do...if your gonna fantasize about morenos projected stats...remember he coulda lost yards in many snaps to

sanluis
11-01-2010, 04:31 PM
Isn't Moreno playing on one hammy??? :confused:

SOCALORADO.
11-01-2010, 04:32 PM
barry sanders played his entire career behind a terrible oline...LT payed his first four seasons behind a horrible line...im just saying a good back can still be productive...thats what seperates the good from the average

moreno doesnt see the hole when there, goes down with a stiff breeze, has no burst...and if he does manage to clear the first level is easily caught by lineman or backers

http://alioneye.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/dd.jpeg

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/pantagraph.com/content/tncms/assets/editorial/0/e8/1eb/0e81eb40-c5cb-11de-8467-001cc4c03286.image.jpg

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/408/266/M-Leshoure_display_image.jpg?1285208427

arapaho2
11-01-2010, 04:33 PM
preaching to the choir brother

jhildebrand
11-01-2010, 04:37 PM

That's the lunacy of it though, Bosco. You see McDaniels first move in the draft was to take a RB at #12. A coach who, by all apologists admissions, doesn't rely on the run or use it heavily to any degree. Odd much? :confused:

The he goes out and gives his "3 down back" an average of 14 carries per game over this much of his career.

Now we get to hear how Moreno is still a good pick, despite the obvious lack of using or having a premier back in this system, how he would get similar numbers to other backs if he got the carries.

More and more the coach and his players, both, look to be the issue.

Bosco
11-01-2010, 04:38 PM
barry sanders played his entire career behind a terrible oline... Another complete myth. Sanders played the majority of his career with Lomas Brown, Kevin Glover and Jeff Harting (all multiple Pro Bowls) along with several other above average starters like Ray Roberts and Mike Compton.

Fact check dude.

SOCALORADO.
11-01-2010, 04:41 PM
preaching to the choir brother

F'N A!!
DEN needs a RB that hits the hole with POWER, and can bust it outside too.
(And yes, the O-line needs to be addressed so Knowshow can get some carries too!)

Mikel Leshoure, RB, Illinois
Height: 6-1. Weight: 228.
Projected 40 Time: 4.48.
Projected Round (2011): 2.

Note all the opposing players in the background goin, "WTF?!?!"
http://images.dailyme.com/assets/2010091800002054.jpg

http://www.thesportsbank.net/core/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/rashard-300x300.jpg

https://a248.e.akamai.net/media.bigtennetwork.com//photo/2010/09/11/S_Illinois_Illinois_Football.sff9_20100911221531_6 40_480.JPG

Bosco
11-01-2010, 05:05 PM
That's the lunacy of it though, Bosco. You see McDaniels first move in the draft was to take a RB at #12. A coach who, by all apologists admissions, doesn't rely on the run or use it heavily to any degree. Odd much? :confused:

The he goes out and gives his "3 down back" an average of 14 carries per game over this much of his career.

Now we get to hear how Moreno is still a good pick, despite the obvious lack of using or having a premier back in this system, how he would get similar numbers to other backs if he got the carries.

More and more the coach and his players, both, look to be the issue.

Once again, those "apologists" were wrong. McDaniels offense is definitely pass first (as is most offenses these days) but to say he doesn't use the run heavily is wrong. He leaned pretty heavily on a strong running game in 2006 and 2008 while in 2005 and 2007 it was more of a compliment to strong passing games.

Moreno's value comes from his versatility that took three different running backs to equal in New England. You can already see that this year as he's looking like an exceptional receiver out of the backfield.

nevcraw
11-01-2010, 05:52 PM
F'N A!!
DEN needs a RB that hits the hole with POWER, and can bust it outside too.
(And yes, the O-line needs to be addressed so Knowshow can get some carries too!)

Mikel Leshoure, RB, Illinois
Height: 6-1. Weight: 228.
Projected 40 Time: 4.48.
Projected Round (2011): 2.

Note all the opposing players in the background goin, "WTF?!?!"
http://images.dailyme.com/assets/2010091800002054.jpg

http://www.thesportsbank.net/core/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/rashard-300x300.jpg

https://a248.e.akamai.net/media.bigtennetwork.com//photo/2010/09/11/S_Illinois_Illinois_Football.sff9_20100911221531_6 40_480.JPG

or we could have just kept Hillis.. but I know.. everybody is sick of that rotten little nugget being rubbed in their faces.

Dean
11-01-2010, 06:11 PM

Well, that makes sense

From your response I can only assume that you think Moreno is more than average. Would you mind enlightening me what you base that evaluation on? I am not trying to be a butt; I just would like to see where you are coming from.

I Eat Staples
11-01-2010, 09:18 PM
The talk about Gruden should cease. Winning one superbowl does not a good coach make!

Gruden actually reminds me of McD a little bit. And ew, I do not want that.

I Eat Staples
11-01-2010, 09:19 PM
From your response I can only assume that you think Moreno is more than average. Would you mind enlightening me what you base that evaluation on? I am not trying to be a butt; I just would like to see where you are coming from.

McD drafted him, and Bosco thinks everything McD does is unquestionable.

The truth lies in our record.

UrbanBounca
11-01-2010, 11:19 PM

No, that's what separates great from good. Barry Sanders and LT both are headed to the HoF. I haven't given up on Moreno quite yet, although I can't stand him being hurt every other game. We have a terrible offensive line.

Whos WE?
DEN needs help on the O-line, but thats not why knowshow is ALWAYS injured. And hes always slow too. Hes just not a full time RB, and its become glaringly obvious. For Knowshow to be productive, he needs another RB to share the load with. But yes, the offensive line needs help too.

And Gruden won his Lombardi playing against a team he built that went to the SB too. Not bad.

How can you even say how Moreno has been doing? He can't even get out of the backfield before being hit, and it's not his fault at all.

Jake Klug
11-02-2010, 02:34 AM

Before the SF game, McDaniels was saying that Gore might be the best RB in the league and they were starting a new QB. Denver made it a priority to defend the run. Meanwhile, Denver's running game is such a joke, its an afterthought. Moreno's average per carry was inflated by a 17 yard run. And while the 17 yard run still counts, there arent many who really believe that the 17 yard run was anything but a fluke. And so if you would have given Moreno the ball as much as Gore, the average would have been a lot lower.

Bosco
11-02-2010, 03:21 AM

Besides the fact that he was the leading rusher of all 2009 rookies? Beyond that I'd say the fact that he's performing significantly better than well established veterans like Buckhalter and Maroney despite some real shitty block is a pretty good clue, along with his contributions in the passing game.

Right now we just need to get him healthy and fix the O-line issues and we'll have a guy capable of 1500+ all purpose yards.

arapaho2
11-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Besides the fact that he was the leading rusher of all 2009 rookies? Beyond that I'd say the fact that he's performing significantly better than well established veterans like Buckhalter and Maroney despite some real shitty block is a pretty good clue, along with his contributions in the passing game.

Right now we just need to get him healthy and fix the O-line issues and we'll have a guy capable of 1500+ all purpose yards.

haahaaa
:laugh:

the facts are...although moreno did lead all rookies....he had 71 more attempts than the beani wells at #2...and 0nly a 154 more yards..something wells would have only had to avedrage 2.1 ypc for the 71 caries to match....

so you like to project stats right...i mean moreno would have matched gore if we had given him the same carries...right? thats what you said

so given wells 4.5 ypc...times his 71 missing carries....equals..319.5 additional yards...or 1112 rushing yards on the season....

pssst more than moreno:lol:

it also would raise his 7 tds (same as moreno rushing) to 9 based on his 1 td per 25 carries

moreno is a solid back, ONLY if the line opens huge holes and stops the linebackers ...