PDA

View Full Version : Is it Worth it?

camdisco24
11-01-2010, 08:39 AM
By now, we've all heard that if McDaniels were to be fired, Bowlen would be paying 3 coaches next year due to contract agreements. At this point, do you think it is worth the Broncos money to fire McDaniels and move on??

Vote and post your opinion. I want to hear what people really think about paying 3 coaches. Is it best for the team, or should we endure another year of McDaniels?

Dzone
11-01-2010, 08:42 AM
Not sure. How much is Bowlen paying shannahan and mcdaniels?

It would be worth it if he could get an established winner...cowher, gruden, etc

We have to realize that we might be in competition with dallas for our next HC

Nomad
11-01-2010, 08:50 AM
I really could care less about Bowlen's financial burdens!! When someone buys a shitty product or hires a shitty contractor then they pay the consequences and most times you can't get your money back. Obviously McDaniels up to now is not doing the job and seems to be doing worse as the weeks go by! This KC game will be my "straw that breaks the camel's back" and if we get dismantled again then Bowlen needs to take the loss's, get rid of Mcdaniels to show the fans he means business, do his homework (this time) on the available coaches and decide after the season who to get.

camdisco24
11-01-2010, 08:54 AM

I have no doubt that we'll be in competition with Dallas if PB makes the move to fire McD... But im not sure he's ready to put up that kind of cash to pay 3 coaches. But, how much money is he going to lose having McD as head coach? Losing doesnt sit well with season ticket holders.... Its a tough call right now.

Im curious how much PB will be paying both too. Anyone have the numbers?

G_Money
11-01-2010, 08:56 AM
We're paying 3.5 in 2010 and 2011 for Shanny, and around 3 each of those two years for McDaniels.

Pat's problem is he lost the excuse of "It's not worth it to me to make that change" when he did it with Shanny having several years left at 7 million per.

If Shanahan had stayed retired the whole time Bowlen would be paying that 7 mil + Josh's 3 mil. So he can damn well afford the current 6.5 mil + whatever he pays the new coach.

Pat already made the call on what he was willing to pay to change the atmosphere and coaching situation in Denver in a worst-case scenario.

So he can't cry poverty now. There may be other reasons, but the money one would just be an excuse.

~G

Nomad
11-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Not sure. How much is Bowlen paying shannahan and mcdaniels?

It would be worth it if he could get an established winner...cowher, gruden, etc

You know Dzone, if I was a HC, you'd have to pay me very generously to go put up with the BS of Jerry Jones! You could be right though about competing with Dallas because Wade Phillips is on life support there as far as being their HC!!

Dzone
11-01-2010, 09:07 AM
My gut tells me there is no way Mcd is getting fired and we are going to have to suffer the fool.

even if mcd gave some entertaining press conferences and interviews...the guy is B-O-R-I-N-G...All he does is press his lips together between cliche after cliche...at least he could be entertaining..at least say something controversial...He tries to much to be3 like belichek...DULL

Dzone
11-01-2010, 09:12 AM
Jerry Jones, just heard it on the radio, just said it is not the time to change and he said he was very very sorry to the fans...hey at least he talks to th3e media..how bout it Bowlen? How about apologizing to the most loyal fans in the NFL...maybe we could start a fan peitition and send it to Bowlen...He seems to not be involved in this season...Is he on vacation in Monte Carlo?

In the end, isnt the team owned by the fans? Didnt taxes pay for the new stadium? That is why the fans have EVERY right to be upset right now about being stuck with this product.
Bowlen owes it to us fans to come out of hiding and tell us what he plans to do.

Day1BroncoFan
11-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Mcd isn't going anywhere this year. No, I don't have insider info, just an opinion. He may still be here next year too depending on what he does the rest of this year.

Nomad
11-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Jerry Jones, just heard it on the radio, just said it is not the time to change and he said he was very very sorry to the fans...hey at least he talks to th3e media..how bout it Bowlen? How about apologizing to the most loyal fans in the NFL...maybe we could start a fan peitition and send it to Bowlen...He seems to not be involved in this season...Is he on vacation in Monte Carlo?

In the end, isnt the team owned by the fans? Didnt taxes pay for the new stadium? That is why the fans have EVERY right to be upset right now about being stuck with this product.
Bowlen owes it to us fans to come out of hiding and tell us what he plans to do.

I guarantee you a little under half those taxpayers could care less about the NFL, so how do you think they feel especially when they see what they are paying for. :lol:

GEM
11-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Bowlen didn't even make the trip to London.

Broncolingus
11-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Gut reaction is McD is going to last another year...although, I'd sure like to see Cowher or Gruden at the helm because I think they could change the 'attitude' of this team which has been flat for years now it seems...

I suppose if Denver loses all of its remaining games by double digits (which is not a completely unrealistic proposition at this point) then I suppose it's possible McD gets canned at then end of this season...

...BUT, I think he'll get one more season and unless he gets a game or two into the post season next year, he's gone.

JMO...

broncohead
11-01-2010, 09:56 AM
I didn't agree to let shanny go but I am still giving McD a chance. I haven't agreed with most of what he has done but I give him one more season. To me it doesn't come down to money if he stays or goes

Lancane
11-01-2010, 11:56 AM
I don't think anyone can really answer that...

But the way I look at it, Bowlen is responsible for firing Shanahan with the 'X' amount of years left on his contract; he's also responsible for the hiring of McDaniels who has not only depleted the talent on the roster, but also not produced one thing he promised to the fans on Bowlen's behalf. It may not be worth it...but it may be for the best, because let's be honest, if you can afford to own a pro sports franchise but not pay the high dividends that come with it, then maybe you shouldn't be an owner.

The best thing overall would be for McDaniels to step down on his own, but he's getting paid good money to ruin a once great football organization and treat it like Madden 2010!

camdisco24
11-01-2010, 12:13 PM
I don't think anyone can really answer that...

But the way I look at it, Bowlen is responsible for firing Shanahan with the 'X' amount of years left on his contract; he's also responsible for the hiring of McDaniels who has not only depleted the talent on the roster, but also not produced one thing he promised to the fans on Bowlen's behalf. It may not be worth it...but it may be for the best, because let's be honest, if you can afford to own a pro sports franchise but not pay the high dividends that come with it, then maybe you shouldn't be an owner.

The best thing overall would be for McDaniels to step down on his own, but he's getting paid good money to ruin a once great football organization and treat it like Madden 2010!

I know we can't technically answer that question because none of us really know the logistics of the Broncos front office, but the point of the poll is to see where most would lean if they had control (and the $$$$).

I was really curious about all the input this would hopefully spark, and I really agree with what you, and everyone else has said about Bowlen's input and the mistakes we've seen of the past season and a half. It seem to clear and obvious what needs to be done, but im worried we're going to sit on this problem because of "cash" issues.

The GM position, IMO, is what has to change NOW. If we can't fire the coach, take away some of his responsibilities. If that does happen soon, i'll be throughly disappointed.

BORDERLINE
11-01-2010, 12:15 PM
dude , i really don't like the guys play-calling at the moment and some of his personel moves, but he has to finish his 3 years here. That's how long you need to build up a franchise in your mold. McD needs to get Tebow on the field ASAP becouse we obviously ain't gonna go nowhere so it's time to start moving to 2011. he needs to get that through his hoddie. You don't draft a 1st Round QB to play behind a 2nd tier QB when your team is out of the playofff race. D.T needs to take that 2nd WR spot becouse Gaffney is nothing more than a serviceble receiver, and D.T needs to break out.

Nomad
11-01-2010, 12:17 PM
The GM position, IMO, is what has to change NOW. If we can't fire the coach, take away some of his responsibilities. If that does happen soon, i'll be throughly disappointed.

After thinking about it, this should be Bowlen's first move instead of outright firing McDaniels. Get a consultant, a real GM, and let Mcdaniels just handle the HC duties...give this a chance!! But if he does nothing, I will have lost faith in him as an owner!!

BORDERLINE
11-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Get a consultant, a real GM, and let Mcdaniels just handle the HC duties

i'm down with this:nixon:

SOCALORADO.
11-01-2010, 12:22 PM
After thinking about it, this should be Bowlen's first move instead of outright firing McDaniels. Get a consultant, a real GM, and let Mcdaniels just handle the HC duties...give this a chance!! But if he does nothing, I will have lost faith in him as an owner!!

"Seriously!?!?, Really!?!? Cmon,its me Nomad. I can handle it"
http://www.probowltrip.de/JohnGruden.jpg

Nomad
11-01-2010, 12:25 PM
And what could/would Bowlen offer Gruden to lure him to Denver?? I wouldn't mind the move if McDaniels doesn't work out, but I just don't see it!!

Dzone
11-01-2010, 01:02 PM
I think I have as good a chance at winning the lottery as Mcdaniel being fired.

Face it, we are looking at a long dark period...like getting a pick in the top 3 in next years draft...wont that be exciting?

Ravage!!!
11-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Bowlen didn't even make the trip to London.

I'm curious..... what does this tell you, GEM? To me, it says something, but I don't want so make a statement without hearing from others, first.

Jake Klug
11-01-2010, 01:19 PM
By now, we've all heard that if McDaniels were to be fired, Bowlen would be paying 3 coaches next year due to contract agreements. At this point, do you think it is worth the Broncos money to fire McDaniels and move on??

Vote and post your opinion. I want to hear what people really think about paying 3 coaches. Is it best for the team, or should we endure another year of McDaniels?

People keep talking about paying 3 coaches at the same time but as it is now, Pat has allowed his franchise to be defaced and devalued. The fanbase is the most precious thing the Broncos has going for it. He's starting to mess with that. Before anyone says something about the waiting list, there are other ways the economic impact is felt. I also dont think its smart to dare fans to walk away either. Playing chicken with the fanbase is never a good idea.

arapaho2
11-01-2010, 04:27 PM
the way i recall it..we are not paying shanny anything any more..as long as he went jobless we paid his contract salary..once he took a job its over....maybe im wrong

any way...we are the people putting money in bowlens pocket...he stands to lose alot more than the couple million he pays mcd if the fans quit spending money on a terrible product

slim
11-01-2010, 04:35 PM
I'm curious..... what does this tell you, GEM? To me, it says something, but I don't want so make a statement without hearing from others, first.

It tells me that McD might not make it through the end of this year. I thought the same thing when I saw Pat's reaction (are failure to react) after last week’s embarrassment.

At the very least, I would suspect there will be a restructuring of the organization that will allow McD to focus solely on coaching.

slim
11-01-2010, 04:37 PM
We're paying 3.5 in 2010 and 2011 for Shanny, and around 3 each of those two years for McDaniels.

Pat's problem is he lost the excuse of "It's not worth it to me to make that change" when he did it with Shanny having several years left at 7 million per.

If Shanahan had stayed retired the whole time Bowlen would be paying that 7 mil + Josh's 3 mil. So he can damn well afford the current 6.5 mil + whatever he pays the new coach.

Pat already made the call on what he was willing to pay to change the atmosphere and coaching situation in Denver in a worst-case scenario.

So he can't cry poverty now. There may be other reasons, but the money one would just be an excuse.

~G

Pat would also get some relief if McD is picked up by another team next year.

So I really don't see money being an issue. Of course, it's not my money I am throwing around :D

camdisco24
11-01-2010, 04:37 PM
the way i recall it..we are not paying shanny anything any more..as long as he went jobless we paid his contract salary..once he took a job its over....maybe im wrong

I thought this too. Its seems obvious to me to have an agreement to end payment once another job is found. I thought all contracts of head coach magnitude would have something like that. I guess, by the reports i've heard, that isn't the case. Which IMO, is shocking. How could you not include something that simple just to cover yourself in case of a situation like the one's PB has found himself in.

When Adam Shefter reported that we would be paying 3 coaches if we fired McDaniels, I couldn't believe we were still paying shanny. That what got me curious about everyone's thoughts on the situation.

elsid13
11-01-2010, 04:42 PM

any way...we are the people putting money in bowlens pocket...he stands to lose alot more than the couple million he pays mcd if the fans quit spending money on a terrible product

There is clause in Shanahan's contract that Bowlen would make up the difference between what he was making and what his new contract was. Shanahan took less money from Synder thus Bowlen is paying him. Good news I think the contract is up after next season.

camdisco24
11-01-2010, 04:46 PM
There is clause in Shanahan's contract that Bowlen would make up the difference between what he was making and what his new contract was. Shanahan took less money from Synder thus Bowlen is paying him. Good news I think the contract is up after next season.

ahh that makes more sense then.
I knew there had to be SOMETHING to cover himself a little bit.

Krugan
11-01-2010, 04:53 PM
And what could/would Bowlen offer Gruden to lure him to Denver?? I wouldn't mind the move if McDaniels doesn't work out, but I just don't see it!!

Gruden has a man cursh on Tebow.

That would be a draw that I think would get him here. He really sees something in the kid.