PDA

View Full Version : I'm not a fair weather fan!

RyanC
11-01-2010, 02:19 AM
That's it.

sneakers
11-01-2010, 02:25 AM
Alright.

silkamilkamonico
11-01-2010, 02:27 AM
That's it.

http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~rkhosla/cookie.jpg

topscribe
11-01-2010, 02:32 AM
I believe you!! :noidea:

-----

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
11-01-2010, 02:35 AM
Random? Am I missing something?

sneakers
11-01-2010, 02:39 AM
Random? Am I missing something?

Yes, a cookie (as seen above)

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
11-01-2010, 02:40 AM
Yes, a cookie (as seen above)

I'd love one of those right now!

sneakers
11-01-2010, 03:07 AM
I'd love one of those right now!

Me too!

r8er86
11-01-2010, 03:15 AM
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/28811550c3.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)
"Here I sit,beer in glass
Feelin' like a horse's ass
cuz my team just got theirs kicked
can't believe we're 2 and 6!"

Dzone
11-01-2010, 04:37 AM
yep

sneakers
11-01-2010, 04:44 AM
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/28811550c3.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

Is that Dick Vermeil at the bar?

Dzone
11-01-2010, 04:48 AM

LOL...hahahaa..i think it is:coffee:

KCL
11-01-2010, 06:46 AM

lol.....do you think he's crying over the Bronco's record???

HORSEPOWER 56
11-01-2010, 06:48 AM
lol.....do you think he's crying over the Bronco's record???

Hopefully, he's just "answering the phone" about coming to denver for a FO position offer...

Short of Marty, I think Dick would be a very good GM. He's a real people guy and a pretty good judge of talent.

GEM
11-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Hopefully, he's just "answering the phone" about coming to denver for a FO position offer...

Short of Marty, I think Dick would be a very good GM. He's a real people guy and a pretty good judge of talent.

The only problem with that is for some reason, Mr. Bowlen doesn't believe in a true GM. :sigh:

JaxBroncoGirl
11-01-2010, 09:48 AM

That is a very sad picture. Even though it is true and I know how you feel, you brought a smile to my face today. If I could only be with you to buy you a shot of Vodka, I would have. Go Broncos

horsepig
11-01-2010, 10:34 AM
That's it.

Me neither Ryan. I've been accused on here a couple times, but I've been a true Orange or brown fan longer than all but only the crustiest of the old fogies.

In the 60's and early 70's I rooted for the Raiders. Why? Because I loved the way they played the game and some individual players as well like Stabler.
I hated them when they played the Broncos, but the rest of the time I pulled for them and loved it when they went to the SB and kicked ass in the name of the old AFL teams.

I also used to pull for the Chiefs, not only an original AFL franchise, but an AFC West member too. However I have never been able to root for SD, I don't even really know why, but even in the old days I couldn't do it.

There are some very good reasons why our rivals are the Raiders and Chefs.
Say what you want about the "crypt keeper", but he single handedly changed the pro game. He was probably the single biggest factor in dragging the NFL into the modern era. The Chefs and the Hunts have always run a classy organization and usually a very competitive one at that.

It used to be pretty cool because no other team in the NFL wanted anything to do with ANYBODY from the AFC West.

Unfortunately, it seems to coming full circle back to 1960, with the other 3 becoming powerhouses again and Denver falling to pretty much the laughing stock position.

Oh, well, life goes on, maybe we can at least proud of our division again.

broncofaninfla
11-01-2010, 10:43 AM
That's it.

Define your opinion of a fair weather fan....

I Eat Staples
11-01-2010, 11:15 AM
What? You mean not everyone who thinks McD is a terrible coach is a fair weather fan?

Nomad
11-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Alot of old people on this forum!!:tongue::D

Lonestar
11-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Me neither Ryan. I've been accused on here a couple times, but I've been a true Orange or brown fan longer than all but only the crustiest of the old fogies.

In the 60's and early 70's I rooted for the Raiders. Why? Because I loved the way they played the game and some individual players as well like Stabler.
I hated them when they played the Broncos, but the rest of the time I pulled for them and loved it when they went to the SB and kicked ass in the name of the old AFL teams.

I also used to pull for the Chiefs, not only an original AFL franchise, but an AFC West member too. However I have never been able to root for SD, I don't even really know why, but even in the old days I couldn't do it.

There are some very good reasons why our rivals are the Raiders and Chefs.
Say what you want about the "crypt keeper", but he single handedly changed the pro game. He was probably the single biggest factor in dragging the NFL into the modern era. The Chefs and the Hunts have always run a classy organization and usually a very competitive one at that.

It used to be pretty cool because no other team in the NFL wanted anything to do with ANYBODY from the AFC West.

Unfortunately, it seems to coming full circle back to 1960, with the other 3 becoming powerhouses again and Denver falling to pretty much the laughing stock position.

Oh, well, life goes on, maybe we can at least proud of our division again.

Great post. But as a fan since before the first game. I have always hated the raider chefs and bolts.

Never ever rooted for them except in superbowls.

I do not agree with your assement about it going full circle. With this next offseason most of our ills will fix themselves by adding afew more quality guys to the team and getting back our walking wounded as well as those from this years IR list.

Time will tell. The only thing that could fubar it is a strike or lockout.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rcsodak
11-01-2010, 01:10 PM

cuz we like hc's that cry at.every opportunity?
I've yet to hear any of you say you were wrong about the team giving up. Could swore some of ya'll said they they had.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

RyanC
11-02-2010, 04:03 AM

1997-98 SB was my second year in north Denver (thats a pic of 3 dogs right?). After that game I was on Federal with one of the last 40's available, it was before this neighborhood was the "new wash park". It was anyone and everyone, little old ladies passin blunts, scarred up gangsters dancing in the street, NSM's rocking orange and blue, not one car on 38th and at least 100,000 people that far north of the stadium.

Everyone talking (screaming more like it) about that one moment when we all knew we were going to win.

I grew op watching us loose 3 SBs and never gave up, and when my boys came through I knew I would never give up on them.

I was born at St Joe's in 1979 so I wasn't here for all the AFL stuff, but I grew up with my boys and I'll die with them. Nowadays in Denver it's rare to have been born here, it's rare to meet people at 3 dogs who know that the broncos were and still are the biggest looser in SB history, let alone remember that day, let alone watched that whole game.

I'm not accusing other people here of being fair weather fans, what I am saying is that I have some orange and blue patten leather AF1's and a signed Elway jersey that I've been waiting to wear until now. And when I go to LA next month for what could be some of the most important business meetings of my life (music biz so suits aren't required), that's what I'm going to wear.

The Broncos stood tall before we were a city that did, and I won't ever forget that.

horsepig
11-09-2010, 01:41 AM
Don't forget the Vikes Ryan, they may not have gotten blasted like we did a few times, but they have lost FOUR!

Oldschoolcrush
11-09-2010, 02:09 AM
I have an Orange Crush T-shirt that I can't even fit an arm in signed by some of the famous D..... Tom Jackson, Billy Thompson and Louis Wright....
Also happy to sign was Karl Mecklenberg, Sammy Winder, Ricky Natiel, Vance Johnson, Mark Jackson....
Never Got Elway..... Oh Well

I was born a Bronco fan..... Someone who is an old time fan help me out because I was young..... Who was the classic Bronco that used to do Backflips?

Oldschoolcrush
11-09-2010, 02:11 AM
Yeah thats right.... the three Amigos

The Glue Factory
11-09-2010, 11:22 AM
I have an Orange Crush T-shirt that I can't even fit an arm in signed by some of the famous D..... Tom Jackson, Billy Thompson and Louis Wright....
Also happy to sign was Karl Mecklenberg, Sammy Winder, Ricky Natiel, Vance Johnson, Mark Jackson....
Never Got Elway..... Oh Well

I was born a Bronco fan..... Someone who is an old time fan help me out because I was young..... Who was the classic Bronco that used to do Backflips?

Gerald Willhite 82-88

The Glue Factory
11-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Don't forget the Vikes Ryan, they may not have gotten blasted like we did a few times, but they have lost FOUR!

Then there's the Bills who lost four STRAIGHT! :lol:

Oldschoolcrush
11-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Gerald Willhite 82-88
Nice, that's right.... Wasn't he tandem with Sammy Winder?
Sammy started doing a little tip toe dance too

The Glue Factory
11-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Yes Sammy did the Mississippi Mud Walk to celebrate his TDs.