PDA

View Full Version : If you are going to build a winner - time to truly rebuild

nevcraw
10-31-2010, 03:15 PM
Blow it up.. this is not working..

we are weak in all the areas where good teams are strong.

BroncoStud
10-31-2010, 03:18 PM
We have blown it all up... That's part of the problem. Insert a real QB and build up the defensive front and who knows what will happen.

nevcraw
10-31-2010, 03:21 PM
We have blown it all up... That's part of the problem. Insert a real QB and build up the defensive front and who knows what will happen.

they have not used the draft to rebuild the lines.. Hochstein etc. on OL and the dreggs of the NFL on defense will not het it done..

HORSEPOWER 56
10-31-2010, 03:25 PM
I've got to agree. I can smell the stink of this "team" all the way across the Atlantic. For a coach who was supposed to be "Mr Disciplinarian" we are the most undisciplined, rag-tag, choke artists I've ever seen. We can't come from behind and we can't defend a lead.

This team sucks from top to bottom and needs to be restarted from scratch.

BroncoStud
10-31-2010, 03:26 PM
they have not used the draft to rebuild the lines.. Hochstein etc. on OL and the dreggs of the NFL on defense will not het it done..

Well, not defending McDaniels, but most felt Moreno was going to be an outstanding NFL RB, and a dual-threat that would work very well in this system.

Looking back, it would have been much wiser to use that pick on a good defensive or offensive lineman. Other than that, the defense was leftover from the Shanny Era. It really needs a major overhaul. The Broncos just give up WAY too many easy gains to offenses.

MasterShake
10-31-2010, 03:28 PM
Put Tebow in. One of our biggest problems right now is the O-Line and he can compensate for that by being mobile. Make the rest of the season interesting....PLEASE!:lol:

Hard to believe KC and OAK are the class of the division.

nevcraw
10-31-2010, 03:30 PM
Well, not defending McDaniels, but most felt Moreno was going to be an outstanding NFL RB, and a dual-threat that would work very well in this system.

Looking back, it would have been much wiser to use that pick on a good defensive or offensive lineman. Other than that, the defense was leftover from the Shanny Era. It really needs a major overhaul. The Broncos just give up WAY too many easy gains to offenses.

yes please don't.. The Smith and Quinn trades says it all.

BroncoStud
10-31-2010, 03:36 PM
yes please don't.. The Smith and Quinn trades says it all.

Man I think a lot of us expect a lot more out of Quinn than this though... He's just not any good but he had moments, even in a game against us, where he looked like he had a lot of potential.

Smith, not sure what to think about that one... I think the Lions have a lot better defensive coaching than we do but right now it looks like they got the better part of the trade.

Hillis is the man, wish we would have kept him.

Krugan
10-31-2010, 03:36 PM
Quinn I will agree with.

Smith I will say had no chance here as this team stands now. Amazing what a decent Dline that can generate pressure can do for a mid level CB.

BroncoStud
10-31-2010, 03:39 PM
Quinn I will agree with.

Smith I will say had no chance here as this team stands now. Amazing what a decent Dline that can generate pressure can do for a mid level CB.

Yeah i guess that's the real issue. The Lions get after you. It sucks we lost Dumerville, he would have helped a lot this year.

nevcraw
10-31-2010, 03:40 PM
Quinn I will agree with.

you will argue he was worth a 1st when the coach wants to change the O and D philosophy?

nevcraw
10-31-2010, 03:42 PM
BTW - I'm talking about Qinn the TE as a 2nd rounder..

Krugan
10-31-2010, 03:44 PM
I didnt think he was worth a #1 then, but that doesnt matter now, its past.

Was a terrible move from the get go, but im not sure how doing anything with him here would help anything either.

broncofaninfla
10-31-2010, 03:47 PM
Denver sucks and it's hard to stomach that. So many holes to fill on the team and upper managment. This is sad. I'm actually glad we have a bye so we don't lose another game this week so we don't lose yet again. If Mcd stays then Xanders has to go. I'll add that I will not purchase any more Broncos merchandise until Bowlen makes changes or the team shows promise and starts winning. You have to go back to the early 70's to see a Denver team so bad. Nothing short of pathetic.

UrbanBounca
10-31-2010, 04:10 PM
Denver sucks and it's hard to stomach that. So many holes to fill on the team and upper managment. This is sad. I'm actually glad we have a bye so we don't lose another game this week so we don't lose yet again. If Mcd stays then Xanders has to go. I'll add that I will not purchase any more Broncos merchandise until Bowlen makes changes or the team shows promise and starts winning. You have to go back to the early 70's to see a Denver team so bad. Nothing short of pathetic.

You are the definition of fairweather fan. If you're not going to support them when they're losing, don't come back when they're winning.

nevcraw
10-31-2010, 04:14 PM
You are the definition of fairweather fan. If you're not going to support them when they're losing, don't come back when they're winning.

Because he will not sink his hard earning money in a potentially bad investment?
Who are you to Judge people's fandom?

might want to understand a post before your bring out the handcuffs officer.

broncohead
10-31-2010, 04:15 PM
I see a lot of young talent on the offensive side of the ball but not the defense except for CB. I think our OL will improve in turn making the rushing game more effective. I'd like to see depth added to the DL and LB core through the draft.

topscribe
10-31-2010, 04:16 PM
Put Tebow in. One of our biggest problems right now is the O-Line and he can compensate for that by being mobile. Make the rest of the season interesting....PLEASE!:lol:

No comment.

The haters won't allow me to make one . . . :coffee:

-----

Northman
10-31-2010, 04:23 PM
No comment.

-----

You just commented.

BigDaddyBronco
10-31-2010, 04:31 PM
Orton will continue to struggle with having time to make the right read and throw with this OLine. Tebow will struggle with everything if he plays. If you bench Orton to play Tebow, you have a chance to lose the whole team as Orton has played well this year. Losing the team might cost McD his job, so I doubt it happens.

BroncoStud
10-31-2010, 04:35 PM
No comment.

-----

Isn't that a comment?

KCL
10-31-2010, 04:37 PM

:heh:

BroncoStud
10-31-2010, 04:38 PM
Haven' we as fans been somewhat spoiled and I'm not just talking Elway-Era? For years the Broncos front office has retooled this team and kept it competitive. Guys like Griese, Plummer, Cutler, and now Orton have come and gone but the Broncos have done JUST enough to remain about .500.

While it's been nice we have also missed out on top draft picks from rebuilding and as a whole we haven't had a lot of draft picks stick to the roster when they were drafted high.

I would like to see Denver competitive but I am also ok acknowledging the need to rebuild this team top to bottom, especially on defense. The Denver defense needs major overhaul.

BroncoStud
10-31-2010, 04:44 PM
What are you going to do, follow me around now?

-----

Nah :salute:

Bosco
10-31-2010, 05:25 PM
We've already done that. Both the offense and defense have been almost completely overhauled in both scheme and personnel. Now we need to patch a few holes with some actual starting talent and we should be good to go.

Dreadnought
10-31-2010, 05:45 PM

Early 70's Broncos teams were a bunch better than these losers. Mid 60's are a better compaerison

topscribe
10-31-2010, 05:48 PM
Early 70's Broncos teams were a bunch better than these losers. Mid 60's are a better compaerison

Never thought I would ever see that again . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdissappointed.gif

-----

Dreadnought
10-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Never thought I would ever see that again . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdissappointed.gif

-----

No kidding. Thanks Josh, for ruining my football seasons!

topscribe
10-31-2010, 05:50 PM
No kidding. Thanks Josh, for ruining my football seasons!

I wonder what Gruden is doing these days . . .

-----

Northman
10-31-2010, 05:54 PM
Oaktown is hammering Seattle. I guess the Hawks were who we thought they were.

PAINTERDAVE
10-31-2010, 06:08 PM
:heh:

Winning ugly is still winning... have fun with it.
Cassell is no prize.

Just give us some time to develop Tebow..
draft on the defensive side...

we will be back with a VENGENCE.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-31-2010, 06:46 PM
All I can say is, it sure is lonely at the bottom...:tsk:

UrbanBounca
10-31-2010, 07:44 PM
Because he will not sink his hard earning money in a potentially bad investment?
Who are you to Judge people's fandom?

might want to understand a post before your bring out the handcuffs officer.

How is being a fan a bad investment? You're either a fan or you're not a fan. If you can't wear their gear when they're losing, don't wear it when they're winning, either.

I wonder what Gruden is doing these days . . .

-----

He was fired after driving a SB team into the ground.

Lonestar
10-31-2010, 07:47 PM

Glad you said it first.

But watch your back. Your about to be flamed.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Lonestar
10-31-2010, 07:53 PM
I see a lot of young talent on the offensive side of the ball but not the defense except for CB. I think our OL will improve in turn making the rushing game more effective. I'd like to see depth added to the DL and LB core through the draft.

Good post that is the way I see it also.

But afraid that only makes two of us. :laugh:

Lonestar
10-31-2010, 08:00 PM
Orton will continue to struggle with having time to make the right read and throw with this OLine. Tebow will struggle with everything if he plays. If you bench Orton to play Tebow, you have a chance to lose the whole team as Orton has played well this year. Losing the team might cost McD his job, so I doubt it happens.

Not sure why no one else gets this concept.

If Tebow had the playbook down and more time behind center I might disagree with you but promoting Tebow over ORton now would be stupid. As KO is one of the onky things that seems to be working right now. He has the timing down with his WR sometiing that TT will take time to get down.

While a great runner he has yet to pass in the real NFL.

People are willing to flush the season for a win or two when KO gives us the same or more chances IMO are not looking long term in TT development.