PDA

View Full Version : Brian Dawkins happy to be back

Denver Native (Carol)
10-29-2010, 09:40 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20101030_brian_dawkins_happy_to_be_back

The Denver Broncos' secondary is getting a boost this week as they head off to London today.

Veteran safety Brian Dawkins returns from a knee injury this week as well as cornerback Andre Goodman coming back from a thigh injury.

“I think when you’re able to go into the game and you have, not a full complement, because we’re still missing some guys, as close to a full complement of guys as possible, then there’s a comfort level that you have because you’ve played with those guys and you understand what they’re thinking and they understand what you’re thinking and how you’re going to play different things," Dawkins said in remarks distributed by the team. "With that being said, none of that matters if we don’t go out and execute. It doesn’t matter if everybody is back healthy, if we don’t go out and execute, communicate and play the game like we love to play it, instead of just playing it because it’s our job then it won’t be a fun trip.”

Dawkins is unaccustomed to being on the sidelines.

"It’s very tough," Dawkins said. "I was not brought here and I’m not on the team to be our cheerleader, but that was my duty to do what I could for my teammates, whether it be on the sidelines telling them what I saw as far as different coverages, helping (cornerback) Nate (Jones) out as much as I could and pumping up the crowd when I could because that was all I could do at that point. It’ll be different this week.”

The Broncos are coming off a 59-14 debacle of a loss to the Oakland Raiders, an embarrassment for a franchise that hates the Raiders.

"We know how bad (the game) felt last week and (we are) putting whatever we need to put forward as far as asking questions," Dawkins said. "There have been a lot of questions asked in the defensive meeting room making sure that everybody is on the same page so that we can go out and play a brand of football that we can hang our hats on.”

As far as Dawkins is concerned, the team is focused heading into this overseas game against the San Francisco 49ers.

"The way that we can prove that isn’t us is by doing our job this week, learning from our mistakes from last weeks, both mental mistakes, because we made a lot of those, and putting what we’re supposed to put on the football field for one another. ..

“When you have a loss, in general, especially a loss like we had, if you’re a competitor and someone who loves to win and can’t stand to lose, then you can’t wait to get that taste out of your mouth. There’s a bad taste in all of our mouths right now and we’re champing at the bit to go out and do what we’re supposed to do. It's not about talking, it's about actions. If our actions show up, hopefully we’ll do what we’re supposed to do."

Lonestar
10-29-2010, 10:22 PM
seems like he hit some nails on teh head. can't lead form the sidelines. can't hold the others accountable for not playing when your not.

lets see if we improve this week or not.

pnbronco
10-29-2010, 10:38 PM
Well he's not the only one happy to hear about Dawks and Goody being better. Hope they are able to bring it together.....

broncobryce
10-29-2010, 11:39 PM
Losing Goodman hurt more than I thought it would. Dawkins is the leader of the defense so that hurt too. Time to nut up and get back to winning.

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
10-29-2010, 11:51 PM
I really feel like regardless of age Champ and B-Dawk deserve to stay here. They're both leaders of that D

Canmore
10-30-2010, 01:43 AM
I really feel like regardless of age Champ and B-Dawk deserve to stay here. They're both leaders of that D

Well said, but I'm afraid that after the Champ negotiations debacle he will be leaving. Don't know for a fact, just a feeling from what was said.

MasterShake
10-30-2010, 06:51 AM
Well said, but I'm afraid that after the Champ negotiations debacle he will be leaving. Don't know for a fact, just a feeling from what was said.

If this wasn't a possible strike year coming up, I'd agree with you. I think it has something to do with that.

claymore
10-30-2010, 07:02 AM
Regardles of anything, we need to find someone to replace Dawkins. Our team absolutley falls apart when he isnt in there. We cant rely on a 47 year old player.

Lonestar
10-30-2010, 10:45 AM
Losing Goodman hurt more than I thought it would. Dawkins is the leader of the defense so that hurt too. Time to nut up and get back to winning.

Rarely starting rookies at CB is a good thing. While I think Cox is going to be a damned fine CB he is going to take a bit more time than he has had so far.
Losing Cox in the game did not help either.

Welcome back to our vets if for no other reason they are less prone to bite on a fake. They can also help settle things down in a game like last week.

BTW the hornets nest everyone is hitting about Champs new contract is Male Bovine Excrement. The players know it is a bargaining chip being played and it is not personal. They know it is a business decision.

I'm also sure that if Champs agent would have settled for a bit less then it would have been a done deal already. Or for that matter Xman/Pat would have had a bit more

Bad timing can be a bitch from time to time.

Champ will be paid he will get his money. Unless he has a career ending injury and then a new contract would not have helped anyway.

Much ado about nothing. Stop worrying about things beyond your control.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Bosco
10-31-2010, 01:38 AM
Regardles of anything, we need to find someone to replace Dawkins. Our team absolutley falls apart when he isnt in there. We cant rely on a 47 year old player.

Already got him.

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Denver+Broncos+v+Indianapolis+Colts+5_jNKvRMVlbl.j pg

UrbanBounca
10-31-2010, 01:42 AM

I completely agree. Bailey leads by example, and not that Dawkins doesn't do the same, but Dawkins is more of an emotional leader. In my opinion, losing either of the two would be devastating. I can deal with retirement, but trading them away or not coming to a deal is inexcusable.

Lonestar
10-31-2010, 07:57 AM
Have no fear unless chamo gets his feeling hurt over having the deal delayed he will retire a bronco

That is unless his asking price is unmanageable.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

nevcraw
10-31-2010, 09:42 AM
Already got him.

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Denver+Broncos+v+Indianapolis+Colts+5_jNKvRMVlbl.j pg

He has entered the never healthy bucket.. you can't contribute from the training room. we will see if he can get out of it but for now I would doubt he is the successor