PDA

View Full Version : Samcro 3

Shazam!
10-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Am I the only one extremely disappointed with Sons of Anarchy?

It seems like this season is so touchy feely emo.

It's almost become literally like a soap opera with bikers.

Gemma has become such a focal point of emotion. Like the crap with her senile dad? That was totally unnecssary and made little sense.

Tara too has become grating to me. Her secret pregnancy? C'mon.

They overplayed the kidnapping of Abel... another thing that was a terrible subject for a whole season. Can't compare to crazed Nazi Henry Rollins.

All the focus on Ireland too is annoying. All the 'Ayes' and 'Yus' and '...let's have some Tea'... Ugh. Can hardly understand what some are saying.

A priest who issues death like Michael Corleone.... Riiiiiiggght.

Then when Kim Koates and Kenny Anderson (big fan of his from The Shield) characters were to fight in the ring at the boxing gym, they didn't even show it... WHY?

It's just become even more ridiculously far fetched, and a far cry from season 2 which I thought was excellent.

The reason the show took such a dive IMO is because Katey Sagal (Gemma) got her family (Liz, McNalley) into the story writing and other aspects of influence. I know she's married to Kurt Sutter (creator) but still.

Can't touch The Shield. It is still the best show to ever run on FX IMO. But that new boxing one coming in January looks promising.

MasterShake
10-28-2010, 01:18 PM
I've only seen the first season, but FX has a history of taking good shows and killing them with bad writing. One of my favorites used to be Nip/Tuck, but after season 3 it just got ridiculous. Too bad. I think AMC with Breaking Bad and Mad Men, Showtime with Dexter, and HBO with East Bound and Down, are the only worthwhile shows on cable TV right now.

Shazam!
10-28-2010, 07:53 PM
The Shield kept you glued to your seat from the first season to the last with characters you'd loathe.

I liked it even better than the Sopranos.

Anyone who hasn't seen it I recommend picking up season 1 at Amazon for like $10. After that, you'll be hooked. Show is like crack.

MasterShake
10-28-2010, 09:55 PM
The Shield kept you glued to your seat from the first season to the last with characters you'd loathe.

I liked it even better than the Sopranos.

Anyone who hasn't seen it I recommend picking up season 1 at Amazon for like $10. After that, you'll be hooked. Show is like crack.

Yeah, I love the Shield.

Reidman
10-28-2010, 09:57 PM
I've only seen the first season, but FX has a history of taking good shows and killing them with bad writing. One of my favorites used to be Nip/Tuck, but after season 3 it just got ridiculous. Too bad. I think AMC with Breaking Bad and Mad Men, Showtime with Dexter, and HBO with East Bound and Down, are the only worthwhile shows on cable TV right now.

Amen. Breaking Bad and Dexter are the only shows I watch lately...

Also, The Walking Dead looks promising and debuts on AMC on Halloween. It's
based on a comic book series of the same name.