PDA

View Full Version : Moreno hammy issues linger

GEM
10-28-2010, 10:05 AM
I was listening to Vic & Gary this morning and they are reporting that in yesterday's practice Moreno pulled up and grabbed his hammy, immediately going over to the trainer.

Found this report as well.
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/39889266/ns/sports-player_news/

Knowshon Moreno pulled up lame and grabbed his right hamstring near the end of practice Wednesday.

It's the same hamstring that kept him out of three games earlier this season. At this point all we know is that he consulted with trainer Steve Antonopulos after the injury. It's unclear if his status for Week 8 will be affected, but keep a close eye on this one.

Mike
10-28-2010, 10:08 AM
:censored:

Lonestar
10-28-2010, 10:36 AM
Does anyone have faith that until he rests it for more than a few days it will not be an ongoing issue.

Let's see how he is after the BYE week.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BroncoNut
10-28-2010, 10:38 AM
I dont' know much about hammy injuries. but I hope he feels better soon.

tomjonesrocks
10-28-2010, 10:41 AM
Perhaps he reaggravated it during that dancing he did after scoring (when the team was down 30) :listen:

slim
10-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Does anyone have faith that until he rests it for more than a few days it will not be an ongoing issue.

He rested it for three freaking weeks.

Maybe he should just take the rest of the year off. That way he will be healthy enough to pull his hammy on the first day of camp next year.

rcsodak
10-28-2010, 11:04 AM
Perhaps he reaggravated it during that dancing he did after scoring (when the team was down 30) :listen:
ever hear of trying to jack up the team?or he was just happy as hell that he could actually play?
Of course not......

BroncoNut
10-28-2010, 11:19 AM
ever hear of trying to jack up the team?or he was just happy as hell that he could actually play?
Of course not......

that's the way I take it. dang right you should celebrate. I have issue with those that have issue with that. they can all go sit on a tack as far as I'm concerned.

topscribe
10-28-2010, 11:23 AM

Nah. It's a hammy. Stop messing around with it and put Moreno on IR. Remember
Champ's hammy? It didn't heal until the season was over. He did play through it,
but, well, he's Champ . . . besides, even the likes of Antonio Gates was sprinting
right past him.

Nope . . . time to heal. And a hamstring does take time - sometimes a lot of it.
Moreno is going to be worthless if he's going to be up and down the rest of the
year . . .

-----

rcsodak
10-28-2010, 11:27 AM
especially when he's had issues with both.

BroncoNut
10-28-2010, 11:28 AM
this thread reeks of old man farts.

BroncoWave
10-28-2010, 11:29 AM
that's the way I take it. dang right you should celebrate. I have issue with those that have issue with that. they can all go sit on a tack as far as I'm concerned.

I personally think it makes you look like an idiot when you score a TD down 40 points and celebrate like you just won the game. It's like oh congratulations, your deficit is only in the 30's now!

dogfish
10-28-2010, 11:32 AM
shocking. . . :coffee:

we HAVE to draft a real running back next year, HAVE TO-- this is a perennial five-six win team until we get a competent NFL back who can be on the field for more than ten snaps at a time without breaking. . .

oh, and all year i've felt like knowshon makes an idiot out of himself with his lame dance moves. . . dude, you've sucked so far, don't show off. . .

BroncoNut
10-28-2010, 11:34 AM
I personally think it makes you look like an idiot when you score a TD down 40 points and celebrate like you just won the game. It's like oh congratulations, your deficit is only in the 30's now!

I personally think you irritate me

Dreadnought
10-28-2010, 11:35 AM

Game situation awareness - and lack thereof. I don't actually think Knowshon is the kind of kid who celebrates his own success even when the team is busy crapping the bed, but his EZ celebration sure made it look like he is, even if unfairly.

KCL
this thread reeks of old man farts.

so you think it's....

http://bossip.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/dmx-mugshot-jacked-up.gif?w=375

broncofaninfla

I don't know what bugged me more. Moreno celebrating or the 5-6 Raider fans next to me laughing at him and yelling out loud for him to look at the score.

If he wanted to pump up the team he should have doen it with his play NOT his dance moves.

Hopefully next season we'll have a legitmate starter at RB on this team so maybe, just maybe Moreno isn't hurt so much.

KCL
10-28-2010, 11:36 AM
I hear LJ is available.

rcsodak
10-28-2010, 11:37 AM
They're just haters, nut.

:D

Denver Native (Carol)
10-28-2010, 12:21 PM
http://twitter.com/postbroncos

#Broncos News: Broncos' McDaniels says RB Moreno will be OK for London game http://dpo.st/cDQDf0 4 minutes ago via dlvr.it

topscribe
10-28-2010, 12:28 PM
I hear LJ is available.

Where is the neg button?

-----

KCL
10-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Where is the neg button?

-----

Hey just trying to help out..hate seeing my Broncos friends so down and
out.

topscribe
10-28-2010, 12:39 PM
out.

You know, KC, I once loved you . . .

-----

Edmonton Bronco Fan
10-28-2010, 12:45 PM
Hammy injuries are tricky ones.

Good to hear he's good for Sunday though. This team is much better when KnoMo is playing.

SOCALORADO.
10-28-2010, 12:46 PM
I think i know how to solve Knowshows constant injury issues.
http://media.lehighvalleylive.com/sports_impact/photo/mark-ingram-d7e44ae50ca780bf.jpg

BroncoNut
10-28-2010, 12:49 PM
so you think it's....

http://bossip.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/dmx-mugshot-jacked-up.gif?w=375

no. it just smells that way when rcs, dread, and top are all on here at the same time.

SOCALORADO.
10-28-2010, 12:49 PM
Or DEN could give Knowshow a strong dose of
http://alioneye.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/dd.jpeg

KCL
10-28-2010, 12:51 PM

-----

Don't lie...you will ALWAYS love me.

Jake Klug
10-28-2010, 12:52 PM

No I dont have faith. But thats an interesting choice of words. I have an aversion to faith-based regimes. You should get on the phone with Senator Ryan's office as soon as possible.

rcsodak
10-28-2010, 12:54 PM
out.
Vs up and in?

:couch:

rcsodak
10-28-2010, 12:55 PM

-----
Top! You 'ol devil, you. :thumb:

rcsodak
10-28-2010, 12:57 PM
no. it just smells that way when rcs, dread, and top are all on here at the same time.
wha.....? And here I thought you and I were connecting!

:tsk:

BroncoNut
10-28-2010, 12:58 PM
love that pic of the no.22 Illini Socal. sends shivers down my spine. it captures the athlete's body control, balance, intelligence, and spirit in a single moment that can never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever be recreated.

dogfish
10-28-2010, 01:01 PM
I think i know how to solve Knowshows constant injury issues.
http://media.lehighvalleylive.com/sports_impact/photo/mark-ingram-d7e44ae50ca780bf.jpg

man, that's just cold. . .

SMH

BroncoNut
10-28-2010, 01:01 PM

:tak:

you wish you dirty old perv.

KCL
10-28-2010, 01:03 PM

:tak:

nut is a tease like someone else I know :whistle:

KCL
10-28-2010, 01:04 PM
you wish you dirty old perv.

wow!!! :shocked:

topscribe
10-28-2010, 01:05 PM
Top! You 'ol devil, you. :thumb:

There's a lot you don't know about me . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/wink-2.gif

-----

KCL
10-28-2010, 01:07 PM
There's a lot you don't know about me . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/wink-2.gif

-----

LMAO at the smiley

dogfish
10-28-2010, 01:22 PM
okay, what is this-- a football thread, or comedy hour at the nursing home?

:huh:

BroncoNut
10-28-2010, 01:23 PM
wow!!! :shocked:

I think rcs knows I'm bsin

KCL
10-28-2010, 01:37 PM
okay, what is this-- a football thread, or comedy hour at the nursing home?

:huh:

well it is a Broncos thread....:D

KCL
10-28-2010, 01:38 PM
I think rcs knows I'm bsin

I know nut..just messing with you...:rolleyes:

:D

BroncoBJ
10-28-2010, 01:47 PM
Damn, what a surprise. I didn't see that coming.

Dreadnought
10-28-2010, 01:58 PM
And to think, people used to give Nate Jackson crap...

arapaho2
10-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Hammy injuries are tricky ones.

Good to hear he's good for Sunday though. This team is much better when KnoMo is playing.

yeah his 3.3 ypc really lights up the offense:lol::lol:

psss...you do know he played against the raiders dont you...didnt seem better then

BroncoNut
10-28-2010, 02:40 PM

psss...you do know he played against the raiders dont you...didnt seem better then

Leave it be Arapaho. He's Canadian.

arapaho2
10-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Leave it be Arapaho. He's Canadian.

ohhh my bad...i didnt notice...i tend not to look at peoples handicaps first:lol:

Jake Klug
10-28-2010, 03:09 PM

Its actually less than 3.3 yards per carry, which would make him a 3 and out back, as opposed to a 3 down back.

topscribe
10-28-2010, 03:12 PM

So you missed Moreno's TD plays?

And 3.3 YPC is better than the other backs by a wide margin. RBs need blocks, too, y'know . . .

-----

arapaho2
10-28-2010, 03:16 PM
So you missed Moreno's TD plays?

And 3.3 YPC is better than the other backs by a wide margin. RBs need blocks, too, y'know . . .

-----

wernt those in the recieving aspect of the game top...we are talking running game and his 3.3 ypc

topscribe
10-28-2010, 03:20 PM
wernt those in the recieving aspect of the game top...we are talking running game and his 3.3 ypc

Did you miss the second sentence in my post?

-----

BroncoStud
10-28-2010, 03:34 PM

I know they take a while to heal and hurt.

BroncoStud
10-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Its actually less than 3.3 yards per carry, which would make him a 3 and out back, as opposed to a 3 down back.

Yeah but it's SO obvious when we are going to run, and we run out of the lames formations...

McDaniels does a HORRIBLE job of disguising the run.

Lonestar
10-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Seems to me that morenos td was just a long handoff.

But there I go thinking again.

arapaho2
10-29-2010, 11:33 AM
Did you miss the second sentence in my post?

-----

no...i just dont give a shit if you think 3.3 being the team best is some sort of great success...it is a pittiful number

arapaho2
10-29-2010, 11:34 AM

just dont stop thinking jr....we all need the good laughs in these trying times
:lol:

topscribe
10-29-2010, 11:50 AM
no...i just dont give a shit if you think 3.3 being the team best is some sort of great success...it is a pittiful number

Did I say that was "some sort of great success"? Then why would you try to tell
me that was what I was thinking? I was alluding to the blocking and how Moreno
could improve on that with the blocking in place. It's sad I have to explain that . . .

-----

Ravage!!!
10-29-2010, 11:56 AM

if thats the case, any pass in the game can be considered a "long handoff."

topscribe
10-29-2010, 11:59 AM
if thats the case, any pass in the game can be considered a "long handoff."

Not really. In a screen pass, the RB gets the ball usually behind the LOS and runs
with it. That's not much difference from a handoff. In a straight pass, they are
counting on gaining at least the distance of the pass. So I think that was what JR
was talking about . . .

-----

SOCALORADO.
10-29-2010, 12:08 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CxTjTIjH88c/TJpN1hrUNWI/AAAAAAAAAHs/2NVyRlLzIRA/s1600/Illini+run.jpg

arapaho2
10-29-2010, 12:13 PM
Did I say that was "some sort of great success"? Then why would you try to tell
me that was what I was thinking? I was alluding to the blocking and how Moreno
could improve on that with the blocking in place. It's sad I have to explain that . . .

-----

gee top...say it dont spray it

Ravage!!!
10-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Not really. In a screen pass, the RB gets the ball usually behind the LOS and runs
with it. That's not much difference from a handoff. In a straight pass, they are
counting on at gaining at least the distance of the pass. So I think that was what
JR was talking about . . .

-----

I know that the RB ALWAYS catches the ball behind the LoS on screen passes. But its a screen pass. The ball is passing OVER the DL, and 7 yards away from the QB. How far do you suppose slant passes are from the QB when he throws those, or a three-step 5 yrd curl?

The blocking in screen passing isn't like run blocking, not really. So I don't consider the screen pass to be an "extended" handdoff when nothing about the play is like a run. If thats the case, then every one of our bubble screens is a running play, and used in LACk of a running game. That said, top, I know we pass the ball a lot BECAUSE of the lack of running game. So are the short routes extended hand-off?.

I may be getting into semantics over this... and dont really have a hard stand on this point. But its almost as if the statement was meant to say that the screen was basically a RUN play ( just an extended handoff), thus should be counted as part of the running "stats" when talking about how bad our running game is.

dogfish
10-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Yeah but it's SO obvious when we are going to run, and we run out of the lames formations...

McDaniels does a HORRIBLE job of disguising the run.

that's something i've noticed as well. . . it feels like our running plays are very predictable based on down-and-distance and formation. . . when i'm in front of my TV saying, "this is gonna be a run," i'm sure defenders who've done extensive film study on our O can see it. . . and some of the game announcers have speculated that JD walton is giving away some kind of tell that allows front seven defenders to get an extra jump on the ball. . .

i haven't had the heart to go back and re-watch games this season and try to confirm some of this type of stuff, but it also seems to me that we have a tendency to telegraph our run plays with motion-- our run game doesn't seem to do much in terms of play disguise or misdirection. . .

topscribe
10-29-2010, 01:20 PM
gee top...say it dont spray it

Just correcting your assumption since you seemed to make it what it was not.

BTW, it's hard to figure why some people salute the posts that they do . . .

-----

topscribe
10-29-2010, 01:24 PM
I know that the RB ALWAYS catches the ball behind the LoS on screen passes. But its a screen pass. The ball is passing OVER the DL, and 7 yards away from the QB. How far do you suppose slant passes are from the QB when he throws those, or a three-step 5 yrd curl?

The blocking in screen passing isn't like run blocking, not really. So I don't consider the screen pass to be an "extended" handdoff when nothing about the play is like a run. If thats the case, then every one of our bubble screens is a running play, and used in LACk of a running game. That said, top, I know we pass the ball a lot BECAUSE of the lack of running game. So are the short routes extended hand-off?.

I may be getting into semantics over this... and dont really have a hard stand on this point. But its almost as if the statement was meant to say that the screen was basically a RUN play ( just an extended handoff), thus should be counted as part of the running "stats" when talking about how bad our running game is.

Yes, you do have a point there. There indeed is a difference between a running
play and a RB screen. The similarity lies in that the RB still has to do some
running. That similarity is removed with short passes beyond the LOS since
yardage is (theoretically) already gained by the distance of the pass.

But you're right: We are both dealing a bit in semantics. And it doesn't do away
with the fact that the Broncos have got to improve their running game . . .

-----

slim
10-29-2010, 02:26 PM
Top, would you please explain to us the origins of the forward pass?

SOCALORADO.
10-29-2010, 02:41 PM
http://danthemantrivia.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/mark-ingram.jpg

topscribe
10-29-2010, 02:55 PM
Top, would you please explain to us the origins of the forward pass?

You'll have to ask Al Gore. He invented it.

-----

Bosco
10-29-2010, 05:03 PM

I've pulled hamstrings before. They do linger for quite some time.

sneakers
10-29-2010, 05:26 PM

Yeah, I kinda cringed when he did that.

Lonestar
10-29-2010, 08:41 PM
as for celebrating I've always been on the side of hand it to the ref and move on. act like you've been there before and will be back again soon.

But then there was little to be happy about that day.