PDA

View Full Version : Positive Only: London week - pre-game, in-game and post-game discussion for 49ers Week 8

GEM
10-27-2010, 09:25 AM
This is the "Positive Only" thread for all things related to the Broncos/49ers game in London.

This thread is only for people posting positive comments (no bashing of players, coaches or other posters). Anything else will be deleted and multiple infractions may be dealt with more severely (can you say ban??).

If you choose to post in both game-day threads, be SURE you know which one you are in if you post anything but positive comments.

Thanks and Go Broncos!!!

BroncoNut
10-27-2010, 09:53 AM
This thread Reeks of Orwellian mentality. I choose not to participate.

slim
10-28-2010, 10:58 AM
I forgot about the postive only threads.

How did last weeks go? Were there even any posts in it?

MasterShake
10-28-2010, 11:06 AM
I forgot about the postive only threads.

How did last weeks go? Were there even any posts in it?

I think someone said, "Nice opening Kickoff, Prater!" but it kinda died after that.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
10-28-2010, 12:49 PM
59-14.... Broncos.

Nomad
10-28-2010, 05:45 PM
BRONCOS 37
49ers 24

:defense:

Ravage!!!
10-28-2010, 05:52 PM
I'm expecting us to come back andplay strong. I feel that the guys have a lot of pride and will come out and redeem themselves after that complete embarrassment last week.

BroncoNut
10-28-2010, 06:00 PM
I think so too Ravage. That's the reasonable reaction. I think Josh will be carrying a chip as well. It'll be a tough game. A good one.

nevcraw
10-28-2010, 06:24 PM
Women with british accents are sexy.

claymore
10-28-2010, 07:05 PM
This thread Reeks of Orwellian mentality. I choose not to participate.

Its hate week!

Dzone
10-29-2010, 09:49 AM
QUESTION: What time of the day in London is this game playing? Its 11 AM here. Im guessing they are about 10 hours difference ahead. So then this game will be played about 8 or 9 PM Sunday night London Time? Just curious. Thanks. I wonder what brits do for halloween. Do they trick or treat over there?

Jaws
10-29-2010, 05:08 PM
Kick off for this game is 5p.m GMT.
Getting an appetite after watchin an hour long Wembley preview. there were interviews with D.J,Haggan,Tebow,Graham,Orton,Bannan & McD.
Highlights of Broncos last game at Wembley were fun too. The 1987 American bowl versus the rams
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Tned
10-30-2010, 12:08 PM
QUESTION: What time of the day in London is this game playing? Its 11 AM here. Im guessing they are about 10 hours difference ahead. So then this game will be played about 8 or 9 PM Sunday night London Time? Just curious. Thanks. I wonder what brits do for halloween. Do they trick or treat over there?

5 pm as Sharkie mentioned. Also, tonight London goes back to standard time (I think it's next week back home), so instead of the normal 7 hour time difference between Denver and London, tomorrow it's only 6 hours.

I'm about to post some pictures of the NFL Experience fan rally in Trafalger square. It was not bad, but since he 49ers are the 'home' team, it is hosted by them and mostly had their past players and stuff.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-30-2010, 12:14 PM
5 pm as Sharkie mentioned. Also, tonight London goes back to standard time (I think it's next week back home), so instead of the normal 7 hour time difference between Denver and London, tomorrow it's only 6 hours.

I'm about to post some pictures of the NFL Experience fan rally in Trafalger square. It was not bad, but since he 49ers are the 'home' team, it is hosted by them and mostly had their past players and stuff.

Will you be at the game Tned?

Tned
10-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Will you be at the game Tned?

Yep. I bought a ticket a couple weeks ago, once my plans changed and I had to go to London after Germany. In the morning I have to take the metro up to Wembley to get my ticket at will call, before heading back to central London for the Broncos fan rally.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Yep. I bought a ticket a couple weeks ago, once my plans changed and I had to go to London after Germany. In the morning I have to take the metro up to Wembley to get my ticket at will call, before heading back to central London for the Broncos fan rally.

GREAT - HAVE FUN - I think there will be some others from BF attending - if I remember Sharkie was going to be there. Would be great if you could hook up with some other BF members.

Sparkie
10-30-2010, 02:01 PM
GREAT - HAVE FUN - I think there will be some others from BF attending - if I remember Sharkie was going to be there. Would be great if you could hook up with some other BF members.

Have a GREAT time, Tned! hope you manage to meet up with BF and other msgboard members at Wembley! :salute:

Unfortunately neither Sharkie nor I will be there at Wembley this year to see the Broncos :(

I got to the NFL International game last year and even though the NE@TB game onfield was very onesided (the Wes Welker show.. I like Wes Welker so I wasn't complaining :madgrin:) the atmosphere was AMAZING. It was a great chance for Europe-based fans like me to see the aspects of an NFL game event onfield & off-field which TV coverage doesn't always convey. And the new stadium at Wembley is awesome. Great views, even from the very top & back of the stands where I was.

However, looking forward to the Broncos having a GOOD game this week .. and to hearing Broncos fans at Wembley chanting "INN-COM-PLETE!!" when the 49ers offense are onfield!! Make some noise for the BRONCOS!!! :madgrin: :defense:

pnbronco
10-30-2010, 06:37 PM
Hey Tned......:gotpics: of the rally. I'm not drinking yet.....;) Have a great time at the game.

Tned
10-30-2010, 06:50 PM
Hey Tned......:gotpics: of the rally. I'm not drinking yet.....;) Have a great time at the game.

I posted pics of the NFL fan rally in a thread in BT, and I'll take pics of the Broncos fans group picture at Picadilly Circus (do my best since I will be in it :lol:) and whatever the team/chearleaders do at the Sports bar tomorrow before the game.

Ok, off to bed for me. The last week with very little sleep (4-5 hours a night), combined with some beers this afternoon and being out walking around I was falling asleep when I posted earlier. Took a three hour nap, got up grabbed a bite to eat, set my fantasy lineups and stuff. Now back to bad.

Here's hoping for a much needed (record wise and mntal wise) win tomorrow!!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
10-30-2010, 06:59 PM
Have you done your pickem Tned ????? :D

Tned
10-30-2010, 07:16 PM
Have you done your pickem Tned ????? :D

Yes, a couple hours ago. :D

Thanks to Gem for gettng the pickem thread up this week. (ok, that was off topic, but it was positive!!! ;))

pnbronco
10-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Yes, a couple hours ago. :D

Thanks to Gem for gettng the pickem thread up this week. (ok, that was off topic, but it was positive!!! ;))

Yes it was and BTW go get boys!!!!! It's time to kick some butt!!!! To any Bronco fans there have a great time and help bring a win to the Blue and Orange......:salute:

Nomad
10-31-2010, 07:10 AM
It'll be a big win for the BRONCOS today!!!!:beer:

~~~G O B R O N C O S~~~

:defense:

Dzone
10-31-2010, 07:55 AM
How do the Brits feel about American football?

Sparkie
10-31-2010, 08:47 AM
How do the Brits feel about American football?
Take a look at the stadium crowd today :D It's gonna ROCK!!

When I was at Wembley last year for the NE@TB game the stadium was sold-out and there were 86,000 of us in NFL jerseys! Most if not all NFL teams have a following over here. The people I sat with last year (a Dolphins fan and a Seahawks fan) were "old-school" NFL supporters from back when the NFL first took off in the UK during the 80s. There were a lot of NE supporters at last years' game because the Pats have a big following over here.

There'll also be lots of NFL fans from Europe - there was a row of Dutch and German fans sitting in front of me last year, and a number of Spanish & Italian fans in the queue on the way in.

Bear in mind also there are American football leagues over here competing at amateur level. Tned spotted an interesting link on Twitter from Lindsay Jones of the Denver Post, who's done an article on the British American Football Association: http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16478779

Denver Native (Carol)
10-31-2010, 11:51 AM
:salute: GO BRONCOS :salute:

pnbronco
10-31-2010, 12:06 PM
Go Broncos!!!!!

Will gook for you Tned.....:D

Jaws
10-31-2010, 02:52 PM
Thought we had this game under control at one point. At least it's not as bad as last week.

pnbronco
10-31-2010, 02:55 PM
Great catch Lloyd......

Me too SharKie, for awhile it looked much better.....

pnbronco
10-31-2010, 02:56 PM
Watch a catch Gaff....

Come on guys get a TD

Sparkie
10-31-2010, 02:56 PM
Thought we had this game under control at one point. At least it's not as bad as last week.
Sharkie's mobile internet came back! :hug:
Brandon Lloyd got some good yardage (& he's on my FF team ;))

pnbronco
10-31-2010, 02:57 PM
TD by Lloyd......good job guys!!!!!

Sparkie
10-31-2010, 02:57 PM
Brandon Lloyd TD at 2.22 in the 4th!!!!!

SM19
10-31-2010, 03:00 PM
TD to Lloyd nets me double points, as I'm starting both Lloyd and Orton this week.

pnbronco
10-31-2010, 03:04 PM
Nice stop D......OK I know we need a miracle....but it's nice to see them not stop trying.....

pnbronco
10-31-2010, 03:14 PM
Well dang, I thought we had actually gotten that miracle. Another tough game, but they did a better job of showing up. I do believe I'm glad I'm leaving town tomorrow and will be gone the entire week. Take care all....

Sparkie
10-31-2010, 03:41 PM
Well dang, I thought we had actually gotten that miracle. Another tough game, but they did a better job of showing up. I do believe I'm glad I'm leaving town tomorrow and will be gone the entire week. Take care all....
Take care, pn! :hug:

At least this week we only lost by 8 points! :madgrin:
And yes, the Broncs did show up this week for at least part of the game..

UnderArmour
10-31-2010, 09:58 PM
At least we still have more wins that the Cowboys.

Jaws
11-01-2010, 04:27 AM
Half season over and done with. Our record reminds me of latter half of previous season. Maybe we're doing it in reverse this year and can look forward to going on a six hand winning streak to finish the season off. Living in hope!

Dzone
11-01-2010, 04:42 AM
with a little luck we could have beaten the 49ers. No doubt about that.

Dzone
11-01-2010, 04:46 AM
Take a look at the stadium crowd today :D It's gonna ROCK!!

When I was at Wembley last year for the NE@TB game the stadium was sold-out and there were 86,000 of us in NFL jerseys! Most if not all NFL teams have a following over here. The people I sat with last year (a Dolphins fan and a Seahawks fan) were "old-school" NFL supporters from back when the NFL first took off in the UK during the 80s. There were a lot of NE supporters at last years' game because the Pats have a big following over here.

There'll also be lots of NFL fans from Europe - there was a row of Dutch and German fans sitting in front of me last year, and a number of Spanish & Italian fans in the queue on the way in.

Bear in mind also there are American football leagues over here competing at amateur level. Tned spotted an interesting link on Twitter from Lindsay Jones of the Denver Post, who's done an article on the British American Football Association: http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16478779

Hey thanks!!!! Thats great!!!

Dzone
11-01-2010, 05:02 AM
OK, so if Tebow isnt ready, how about Quinn? We have nothing to lose. If he performs well, we can trade Orton for some help. Then we would have Tebow and Quinn...Lets see how good Quinn could be in this offense.