PDA

View Full Version : Remember that time you beat the Seahawks...

CANHawk
10-26-2010, 01:22 PM
That was fun, right? C'mon guys, keep your heads up.

No, i'm not here to pick on you guys. Actually, i'm here to pick your brains a little bit......

You've played us, you've played the Ray-duh's. We play Oakland next week. I didn't see your game on Sunday, but I've seen the highlights. What do you guys think went wrong against Oakland and what do you think the Hawks will have to do to contain that running game?

.....Or was this just a case of a team quitting on a coach and purposfully laying an egg to get him run out of town?

Cheers,

That annoying Seattle fan from week 2.

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
10-26-2010, 01:25 PM
This is completely off topic but I hate how those green jerseys have the blue sleeves

NightTrainLayne
10-26-2010, 01:39 PM
I don't think it's very easy to glean much to help you guys out.

We were down 14 - 0 with only one offensive play.

Then we were down 21 - 0 with only two offensive plays.

From that point, it seemed the team just gave up. It doesn't help that the Raiders seemed to pinpoint our weakness of defending the run outside with our depleted defense.

My advice would be to not turn the ball over on your first two consecutive plays, and keep them out of the end-zone as best you can.

The Glue Factory
10-26-2010, 02:01 PM
I don't think it's very easy to glean much to help you guys out.

We were down 14 - 0 with only one offensive play.

Then we were down 21 - 0 with only two offensive plays.

From that point, it seemed the team just gave up. It doesn't help that the Raiders seemed to pinpoint our weakness of defending the run outside with our depleted defense.

My advice would be to not turn the ball over on your first two consecutive plays, and keep them out of the end-zone as best you can.

From my perspective I'd say after down 21 - 0 our guys were trying too hard which only makes things worse. Honestly that game got out of hand so fast that there's not much to be learned from it. I think the first quarter was just a result of the shock of being down 21 pts in less than half a quarter. I watched that same kind of thing in '87, '88 & '90 SB years.

Thnikkaman
10-26-2010, 02:08 PM
A big difference is how healthy our team was against your guys vs how healthy our team is now.

Ravage!!!
10-26-2010, 02:10 PM

No, i'm not here to pick on you guys. Actually, i'm here to pick your brains a little bit......

You've played us, you've played the Ray-duh's. We play Oakland next week. I didn't see your game on Sunday, but I've seen the highlights. What do you guys think went wrong against Oakland and what do you think the Hawks will have to do to contain that running game?

.....Or was this just a case of a team quitting on a coach and purposfully laying an egg to get him run out of town?

Cheers,

NTL said it. Nothing could be taken from this game. Sometimes a team has those "weird" games, and this was it. Nothing went right, EVERYTHING went wrong, and the Raiders looked like the best team on the planet.

Seriously... 1 offensive play.. down 14-0. Two offensive plays, and we were down 21-0. We coldn't get a first down until 27 minutes into the first half, and that was after not converting on 4th and 1.

there was nthing for the raiders to build on here... for no way in hades they ever have a game like that again. Nothing for the Broncos to build upon, because NOTHING went right. The ball literally seemed to be dipped in oil when we had the ball. I've never seen so many dropped passes, fumbles, and dropped kicks. Injuries are absolutelYL NO excuse for us.

I do feel confident in saying this. You guys are going to KILL the Raiders. They can't possibly have any more luck stored up for the season. It was all used up last week. Plus, they can't put two games together tosave their lives. Clobber them, and love it. :salute:

Shazam!
10-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Don't worry. Oakland won't play that far above their heads for years. They ran into a Denver team that was completely unprepared, psyched out after a terrible loss the week before, and was a failure by the Coach.

I guarantee that game will in no way be like last week's disaster at Invesco.

OldschoolFreak
10-26-2010, 02:38 PM
It's funny that everyone seems to agree that after 21-0 in a matter of minutes, the game was out of hand. I too agree yet find it fascinating that we're all able to acknowledge this yet 90% of the fanbase is calling for McD's head.

Yes, the game was out of hand almost immediately and that turned the psychology completely, and yes, the team did quit.

In terms of what can be taken from it, I think they are a team of marginal talent and fragile psychology so coming out strong and keeping them from gathering a head of steam is important. If we had put them in their place by responding to that freak touchdown off a blown assignment on the opening drive with an 80 yard march of our own it would have been a completely different game. If you can avoid letting them get high on success they'll plateau quickly and will not hold up in the mid-game.

That and keep contain on their outside running plays and you should be fine.

jhildebrand
10-26-2010, 02:38 PM
We play Oakland next week. I didn't see your game on Sunday, but I've seen the highlights.

There were highlights? :confused:

Can you please post some :lol:

BigDaddyBronco
10-26-2010, 02:50 PM
If you can stop their running game and score some points, you'll beat the Raiders. We got down early, bercame unglued, shyt the bed, and then started coming back, only to have them run the ball down our injury-riddled defenses throat.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
10-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Vancouver sucks. That is all.

scott.475
10-26-2010, 03:39 PM
What went wrong? We let the Raiders into the stadium, that was the biggest mistake of the day.

It's funny that everyone seems to agree that after 21-0 in a matter of minutes, the game was out of hand. I too agree yet find it fascinating that we're all able to acknowledge this yet 90% of the fanbase is calling for McD's head.

Two offensive mistakes make up 14 of that 21 points. In the entire next two quarters or so we were not able to stop them from racking up another 28 points to our 14. This was not a freak game due to one lousy aspect, the entire team collapsed. They didn't do one thing good in any aspect, well, except Moreno celebrating a touchdown with Beadles as if it was to win a Superbowl. So yes, I am calling for Josh's head. He couldn't settle the O, the D, or special teams. He did NOTHING to even make it appear like we had something to look forward to. We had, what, 55 minutes or so to stop the bleeding and didn't even come close.

I Eat Staples
10-26-2010, 03:43 PM

Cheers,

Allow me to give you some in-depth advice. I've spent time studying game film and breaking down every portion of our game with Oakland. I saw some things that Seattle MUST prevent in order to win this game. Now let me remind you I am no professional but I think the advice I have to offer here may very well be good enough to get me started on a coaching career in the NFL.

First, Oakland looks to set the tone early. They do this by slipping a never-before-seen invisibility cloak on their TE. They are so confident in this play that they only line up 10 visible players. Said TE will slip this cloak off deep in the secondary, allowing him to be wide open to catch a lob pass from Jason Campbell for a touchdown. Again, they have extreme confidence in this play, to the point of disrespecting the other team. Jason Campbell has been known to lob passes that take approximately 24.7 seconds to reach their target. You must have elite safety play to expect to cover that kind of ground!

Also, something I noticed on film during the Raiders' first defensive possession. The Raiders will put a jersey of the opposing team on one of their corners, tricking the opposing QB to throw the ball right to them. Hasselbeck must prepare to counter this by not locking onto his primary receiver before the snap, noticing that said primary receiver plays for the other team.

These are the first things that must be accomplished to set the tone. After this, I hear the Raiders aren't as good as they seem if you don't simply give up.

Ravage!!!
10-26-2010, 03:49 PM

For a couple reason. One, the team and coach already looked defeated.

but the main reason? We knew our offense isn't capable of making up that many points. Not only do the Broncos not score in the 1st quarter, we don't score in the 4th. Just as this game illustrated.. we scored at teh end of the nd, and start of the third quarters. Thats it.

This team can't manage a comeback when only 10 points behind..... tomake up 21 is unthinkable.

Ravage!!!
10-26-2010, 03:52 PM
There were highlights? :confused:

Can you please post some :lol:

They were Oakland highlights.. and will remain on their opening webpage for years.

CANHawk
10-28-2010, 12:51 AM
Thanks for the input guys. That's some good stuff. Like your new hat BTW Thnikkaman.

You guys looked pretty durn good against us in week 2, sure didn't expect to see this outcome. Raider fans are carrying on like they're suddenly relevent again. I'm certain our boys will put a stop to that noise and beat Skeletor's Raiders back into the stone age for ya.

Cheers!