PDA

View Full Version : My Take

LRtagger
10-25-2010, 05:02 PM
As has been apparent, I have been pretty supportive of the new regime. I have agreed with a lot of the moves made, and given them the benefit of the doubt when I didn't agree with the moves made. I just honestly didn't think it was fair to be entirely critical of everything they did to this point, especially with so little time for the moves to develop.

They have brought in some key free agents, but have made some huge personel blunders (A Smith, Quinn, Hillis, etc), but I have overlooked those mistakes because I have seen improvement in the team little by little and I felt we were heading in the right direction.

Obviously that attitude has changed after Sunday's game. This was a complete and utter embarassment. A game that I turned off halfway through the 3rd quarter (which pissed me off even more because I'm paying for Sunday Ticket). I was literally sick to my stomach after the game was over.

After a day or so to cool off, emotions aside, I realize that this game was an anomoly and is not indicative of where this team is right now. I think the players and staff dwelled on the tough loss to the Jets and still weren't over it. They came out deflated and I can only assume they were deflated all week after feeling robbed the Sunday before. Mistakes were made that we haven't made so far this season and the defense played worse than they have since McDaniels took over.

I feel the team is more at where they were going into the Jets game. A decent team, but not good enough to beat the good teams in the league without some luck (TEN) and not good enough to beat bad teams when too many mistakes are made (JAX). We are still putting some pieces in place and I feel both the offense and defense are still trying to find their identity.

With all of that said, the next 9 games will really determine how I feel about McDaniels. If this team fires back and comes out pissed off and ready to play for the rest of the year, and competes in every game, then I will be more than willing to give McDaniels one more season to get a healthy team together to make a playoff push.

If the team continues to come out flat and gives up on the year, then I think it's time to find a new staff. To me this is really no different than in 07 when we were humilited by the Lions and Chiefs or in 08 when we were humilited by the Pats/Raiders/Chiefs...fans still were optimistic about the direction the team was headed and felt we just needed a couple more pieces to bring it together. But after 08, there were rumblings that Shanny had lost the locker room, so he was let go. If McDaniels is losing the locker room, then he will need to be let go.

The way the team responds to this loss will really show us where they are. IMO it shouldnt be hard to respond after watching the film from this game for the next week, hearing the embarassment from fans, and letting the loss sink in. It will be inexcusible for this team to not come out and play as hard as they ever have next Sunday and IMO for the rest of the season. If they can't do that, then it will be time to move on to a new FO.

rcsodak
10-25-2010, 05:32 PM
GREAT THREAD, LR. But I think PB will give him more than this year. Unless, of course, they go 0'fer.
On the positive side, a top 3 pick would be the 'reward. *Crap....hope I didnt just open this to get derailed with draft talk*
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BORDERLINE
10-25-2010, 05:33 PM
After a day or so to cool off, emotions aside, I realize that this game was an anomoly

I feel the same way. This does reflect the Broncos. Sure we have issues, but i reserve hope that we are better then what was put on the field sunday. Players and coaches need to get there heads outta there ass and start playing ball that's all.

G_Money
10-25-2010, 05:44 PM
I feel the team is more at where they were going into the Jets game. A decent team, but not good enough to beat the good teams in the league without some luck (TEN) and not good enough to beat bad teams when too many mistakes are made (JAX). We are still putting some pieces in place and I feel both the offense and defense are still trying to find their identity.

With all of that said, the next 9 games will really determine how I feel about McDaniels. If this team fires back and comes out pissed off and ready to play for the rest of the year, and competes in every game, then I will be more than willing to give McDaniels one more season to get a healthy team together to make a playoff push.

If the team continues to come out flat and gives up on the year, then I think it's time to find a new staff. To me this is really no different than in 07 when we were humilited by the Lions and Chiefs or in 08 when we were humilited by the Pats/Raiders/Chiefs...fans still were optimistic about the direction the team was headed and felt we just needed a couple more pieces to bring it together. But after 08, there were rumblings that Shanny had lost the locker room, so he was let go. If McDaniels is losing the locker room, then he will need to be let go.

The way the team responds to this loss will really show us where they are. IMO it shouldnt be hard to respond after watching the film from this game for the next week, hearing the embarassment from fans, and letting the loss sink in. It will be inexcusible for this team to not come out and play as hard as they ever have next Sunday and IMO for the rest of the season. If they can't do that, then it will be time to move on to a new FO.

/cosign

BroncoWave
10-25-2010, 05:49 PM
Great post! That is a pretty good reflection of my feelings well. I haven't completely given up on McD like most seem to have but he will definitely have to show something over these last 9 games to warrant being brought back next season.

Superchop 7
10-25-2010, 05:55 PM
"Great leaders do not try to get the people to believe in them, rather; they show the people how to believe in themselves"

This came from a book about getting your ego out of the
equation when it comes to management.