PDA

View Full Version : Peter King's MMQB

spikerman
10-25-2010, 04:00 PM
In today's edition of the Monday Morning QB Peter King addresses Ten things he liked and what he didn't like. He mentioned the Broncos in both, though neither was good:

Ten Things I Think I Think

1. I think this is what I liked about Week 7:

a. Davone Bess. As is the case with so many undersized receivers, 31 other teams have to be kicking themselves for passing on him in the draft two years ago.

b. The Raiders scored the most points in their 50-year history. Putting up 59 on the suddenly woeful Broncos, 38 in the first quarter and a half, should be enough ammo for Tom Cable to convince his players that, at 3-4, they are still in contention.

2. I think this is what I didn't like about Week 7:

a. Everything about Denver. How would you know where to start?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/10/25/monday-morning-quarterback-week-7/4.html

King is one of the smartest NFL writers out there. He definitely has his finger on the pulse of the league.

Northman
10-25-2010, 04:05 PM
Cant really argue that.

In all but the first game of the season vs the Titans the Raiders have been in their games. So technically they are improving quite well and have a very good chance to make some strides this year. In Kansas City, we know they are different and probably the division favorites right now. And despite how bad they look also, the Chargers have been in every game this year. Denver right now is the only team to have been blasted 3 times this year so far in our division.

jhildebrand
10-25-2010, 06:17 PM
Now we will hear how Peter King is a hater :lol:

Even the most staunch McD media members are backing away from the guy!

BroncoWave
10-25-2010, 06:18 PM
Cant really argue that.

In all but the first game of the season vs the Titans the Raiders have been in their games. So technically they are improving quite well and have a very good chance to make some strides this year. In Kansas City, we know they are different and probably the division favorites right now. And despite how bad they look also, the Chargers have been in every game this year. Denver right now is the only team to have been blasted 3 times this year so far in our division.

What 3 teams blasted us? We were in every game other than against Baltimore and Oakland.

Jagsbch
10-25-2010, 06:33 PM
No one can have their hands on every single teams pulse in the league. No one. it is impossible. enough said

Jagsbch
10-25-2010, 06:41 PM
What 3 teams blasted us? We were in every game other than against Baltimore and Oakland.

Broncos almost beat the Jets. Jets are considered best team in the league by most. So there is no reason to give up hope especially because of something ESPN says.

camdisco24
10-25-2010, 06:42 PM
I agree with him 100%.
The Broncos were the laughing stock of the league this week. Its not panic time, but it certainly exposed how bad we can truly be if things continue in the wrong direction.

camdisco24
10-25-2010, 06:47 PM
Broncos almost beat the Jets. Jets are considered best team in the league by most. So there is no reason to give up hope especially because of something ESPN says.

The Broncos also got murdered by the Raiders, one of the worst teams in the league. So who are we? Thats my problem. We cant have these drastic changes in play from week to week. We're either a solid team or we're not. There's no way you change that much in one week unless something is really up.

Did McD really lose the locker room? The more I think about it, the more our effort makes "sense"...

KCL
10-25-2010, 07:07 PM
Cant really argue that.

hey hey he mentions Thomas Jones...I am loving this signing by the Chiefs...he reminds me of Priest Holmes.

I could have sworn Thomas Jones was done last year when the Jets elevated Shonn Greene over him in the playoffs. Not so fast. He's the co-No.-1 back with the Chiefs and he solidified that Sunday with 125 yards against Jacksonville.

spikerman
10-25-2010, 07:10 PM
hey hey he mentions Thomas Jones...I am loving this signing by the Chiefs...he reminds me of Priest Holmes.

You just have to rub it in don't you? Hey, I hear Denver has a hotshot up and coming coach. How about a trade straight up for Pioli?

Ravage!!!

Yeah.. and the Jets didn't play their best game. That would have been the same scenario for THEM, as us getting blown out by a terrible Oakland team. They would have been lambasted for getting beat by a lousy Denver team. They didn't play well, we played our best, and still lost.

Northman

We lost by 2 Tds to Indy. To me, anything above 10 points is a beatdown.

KCL
10-25-2010, 07:11 PM
You just have to rub it in don't you? Hey, I hear Denver has a hotshot up and coming coach. How about a trade straight up for Pioli?

Hey you posted the article and I read it...:lol: Pioli for McD...Nah we already have a coach...;)

spikerman
10-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Hey you posted the article and I read it...:lol: Pioli for McD...Nah we already have a coach...;)

You weren't supposed to actually click on the link and read the whole thing.

True, you already have a coach, but not a genius who can build a TEAM and install an unstoppable system. It would be tough, but I think a majority of we Bronco fans are willing to sacrifice to help the Chiefs out. You know, it's totally out of the goodness of our heart. Hell, we'll even come over to his house and help him load the U-Haul at no cost.

All you have to give Denver in return is one little front office guy. Sounds like a good deal to me.

SM19
10-25-2010, 07:40 PM
Peter King is right, obviously. Emphasis on obviously, because this is the kind of hard-hitting analysis that you can only get from, oh, any football fan in America.

BroncoWave
10-25-2010, 07:43 PM
We lost by 2 Tds to Indy. To me, anything above 10 points is a beatdown.

I consider a beatdown a game that's over by the 4th quarter. We still had a chance to win that game in the 4th quarter. That is not a beatdown. I don't see how you can say over 10 points is a beatdown when teams have come back from that to win in the 4th quarter many times.

KCL
10-25-2010, 07:56 PM
You weren't supposed to actually click on the link and read the whole thing.

True, you already have a coach, but not a genius who can build a TEAM and install an unstoppable system. It would be tough, but I think a majority of we Bronco fans are willing to sacrifice to help the Chiefs out. You know, it's totally out of the goodness of our heart. Hell, we'll even come over to his house and help him load the U-Haul at no cost.

All you have to give Denver in return is one little front office guy. Sounds like a good deal to me.

I hear the janitor is looking for a promotion.

spikerman
10-25-2010, 07:57 PM
I hear the janitor is looking for a promotion.
Hell, I'd be willing to give him a shot.

Northman
10-25-2010, 07:58 PM
I consider a beatdown a game that's over by the 4th quarter. We still had a chance to win that game in the 4th quarter. That is not a beatdown. I don't see how you can say over 10 points is a beatdown when teams have come back from that to win in the 4th quarter many times.

We had a chance sure, but we never cut into the lead when it mattered most in the 4th so yea, a beatdown in my opinion. Its not like we lost by 3 or in a close game like against the Jets.

BroncoWave
10-25-2010, 08:00 PM
You have a weird definition of beatdown then. What if there was a game where we were down by 7 or less the entire game and they scored a garbage TD in the final seconds to make it a 10-14 point win. Is that a beatdown?

Northman
10-25-2010, 08:06 PM
You have a weird definition of beatdown then. What if there was a game where we were down by 7 or less the entire game and they scored a garbage TD in the final seconds to make it a 10-14 point win. Is that a beatdown?

A garbage score to me is one that will have no effect on the game whatsoever. Generally that happens in blowouts. If we are down 38-0 with the clock winding down and we score a FG or TD than that too me would of been a garbage score because it wouldnt have effected the game. Or vice versa and a the winning team scored a long TD run to make it 45-0. Had Denver actually gotten in the endzone late vs Indy i wouldnt have considered it a blowout. Sure, it wasnt like getting hammered by Bmore or Oakland but we still lost very easily to them.

BroncoWave
10-25-2010, 08:07 PM
A garbage score to me is one that will have no effect on the game whatsoever. Generally that happens in blowouts. If we are down 38-0 with the clock winding down and we score a FG or TD than that too me would of been a garbage score because it wouldnt have effected the game. Or vice versa and a the winning team scored a long TD run to make it 45-0. Had Denver actually gotten in the endzone late vs Indy i wouldnt have considered it a blowout. Sure, it wasnt like getting hammered by Bmore or Oakland but we still lost very easily to them.

You didn't answer my question.

Northman
10-25-2010, 08:10 PM
You didn't answer my question.

Yes, i still consider it a blowout because a team putting "distance" on the scoreboard is not a garbage score even if its close early. If a team hangs within 7 for 3 quarters but then allows 3 TD's to the opposing team thats a blowout. It doesnt matter what they did for the first 3.

BroncoWave
10-25-2010, 08:12 PM
Yes, i still consider it a blowout because a team putting "distance" on the scoreboard is not a garbage score even if its close early. If a team hangs within 7 for 3 quarters but then allows 3 TD's to the opposing team thats a blowout. It doesnt matter what they did for the first 3.

That still doesn't answer my question. I didn't say if they score 3 TDs in the 4th quarter, I said if they scored one in the final seconds of a game that was within a score until the very end of the 4th quarter. Do you consider that a blowout?

Northman
10-25-2010, 08:15 PM
That still doesn't answer my question. I didn't say if they score 3 TDs in the 4th quarter, I said if they scored one in the final seconds of a game that was within a score until the very end of the 4th quarter. Do you consider that a blowout?

So, what your saying is if the score is Indy 20, Denver 13 and Indy scores as the clock winds out is it a blowout? No

But that wasnt the case with us in that particular game.

BroncoWave
10-25-2010, 08:19 PM
So, what your saying is if the score is Indy 20, Denver 13 and Indy scores as the clock winds out is it a blowout? No

But that wasnt the case with us in that particular game.

You said anything over 10 points is a blowout though.

Northman
10-25-2010, 08:23 PM
You said anything over 10 points is a blowout though.

It is, in my opinion. However, you asked me about a particular situation (one that didnt apply to our game) and i clarified that portion for you. So thus, when it comes to the 2010 Denver Broncos i believe we got blasted in 3 games.

BroncoWave
10-25-2010, 08:29 PM
And I believe you're wrong! :D

SM19
10-25-2010, 09:07 PM
All I know is that Orton is getting blasted no matter what the score is.

WARHORSE
10-25-2010, 09:43 PM
Imo, the loss was about mental toughness.

We have a young team in many areas of the game.

When you get blindsided by 21 pts in 6 minutes, young teams fall apart.

Thats what happened across the board.

Oh............that includes our young HC.

Its called 'On any given sunday'.

This can happen.

Let it go, and move on.

The team was absolutely fantastic against the JEST, and that wasnt an accident.

Focus on the Niners.

BeefStew25
10-25-2010, 09:45 PM
I love moral victories.