PDA

View Full Version : Tim Ryan talked about Broncos on Sirius....

broncobryce
10-25-2010, 02:19 PM
Someone asked a question about Denver on Sirius just now.
Tim said it's too early to say if Mcdaniels lost the locker room, he said we will find out once Denver is mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.
He said Orton getting the blame is garbage, also said Lloyd and Gaffney smiling on the sideline means nothing, basically saying not to read into that too much. He said the defense is the problem in Denver, and that "all you have to do is look at the players they have to see what Denver is." Not sure exactly what he meant by that.
Also said injuries on the O-line is hurting us.
I know some of that stuff is obvious, just passing along the info since some of you don't get Sirius.

Shazam!
10-25-2010, 02:21 PM
Nothing we didnt really know already Bryce.

BroncoStud
10-25-2010, 02:23 PM
The defense is a problem, but the offense only mustered 14 points yesterday, that isn't much of a solution either.

broncobryce
10-25-2010, 02:27 PM

A simple thank you is fine. I'm glad you know what Tim Ryan thinks before he says it.

broncobryce
10-25-2010, 02:28 PM

Some were on here pissed off that Lloyd was laughing on the sideline, and others wondered if McD lost the locker room.
Tim Ryan answered those questions, so I posted it. Geez.

Northman
10-25-2010, 02:29 PM
Pretty obvious stuff but he probably knows about as much as we do in terms of whats going on. Either way, we struggle to put up points despite flinging it around like we do. Defensively, we are getting worse by the minute. Injuries play a part but im not convinced its a crutch. For us i think the biggest thing is mentality and how McD prepared and handled this game falls directly on his shoulders. He picked the worse possible time and the worst team to fall apart with.

Shazam!
10-25-2010, 02:50 PM
the defense is the problem in Denver, and that "all you have to do is look at the players they have to see what Denver is." Not sure exactly what he meant by that.
I know some of that stuff is obvious

That's why I said it's nothing we dont already know. You said it yourself by saying it was obvious. Sheesh. Dont take it personally.

spikerman
10-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Thanks Bryce. I heard that part too. I got the distinct impression that he's much less than impressed with the talent on the roster.

broncobryce
10-25-2010, 02:56 PM
That's why I said it's nothing we dont already know. You said it yourself by saying it was obvious. Sheesh. Dont take it personally.

I said some of it was obvious. I wondered myself about the locker room and Lloyd laughing on the sideline. If you already knew those things, then more power to you. It's kinda dick to say "We already know that Bryce" like I'm some child.

SOCALORADO.
10-25-2010, 02:58 PM
Pretty obvious stuff but he probably knows about as much as we do in terms of whats going on. Either way, we struggle to put up points despite flinging it around like we do. Defensively, we are getting worse by the minute. Injuries play a part but im not convinced its a crutch. For us i think the biggest thing is mentality and how McD prepared and handled this game falls directly on his shoulders. He picked the worse possible time and the worst team to fall apart with.

Like many have said, DEN just does not have the muscle up front.
Yeah, yeah DOOM and Ayers are injured, but DEN always had issues on the D-line. And they have scrubs at 3 outta 4 of the current LB positions.
DEN needs to totally revamp the defense, and! get back both Ayers and Doom.
Offense is another whole can o worms.
RB Mark Ingram is needed in DEN, PERIOD.
And 2 more O-linemen to compete with the current guys.
Beef, 100%, pure FDA, @$$ kicking beef with some serious,
bad @$$ attitude.

tomjonesrocks
10-25-2010, 03:04 PM
also said Lloyd and Gaffney smiling on the sideline means nothing, basically saying not to read into that too much.

I actually missed the shot of these guys yukking it up--but I find it pretty inexcusable. Gaffney I'd cut today over it--he's supposed to be McDaniels' guy and is little more than a warm body out there. He's supposed to be one of the guys in lock step with the coach selling the message. If he's jovial going down like this to the Raiders at home he can clean out his locker.

Lloyd unfortunately is even more disturbing because he's the team's #1 receiver right now. His talent isn't at this point expendable.

Gimpygod
10-25-2010, 03:57 PM
I actually missed the shot of these guys yukking it up--but I find it pretty inexcusable. Gaffney I'd cut today over it--he's supposed to be McDaniels' guy and is little more than a warm body out there. He's supposed to be one of the guys in lock step with the coach selling the message. If he's jovial going down like this to the Raiders at home he can clean out his locker.

Lloyd unfortunately is even more disturbing because he's the team's #1 receiver right now. His talent isn't at this point expendable.

sure he is expendable, talent doesn't matter. We know for sure he is a McDaniels type of character guy so that is the only thing that counts.

topscribe
10-25-2010, 04:00 PM
Some were on here pissed off that Lloyd was laughing on the sideline, and others wondered if McD lost the locker room.
Tim Ryan answered those questions, so I posted it. Geez.

Thank you that you did, Bryce. :beer:

-----

topscribe
10-25-2010, 04:02 PM
Like many have said, DEN just does not have the muscle up front.
Yeah, yeah DOOM and Ayers are injured, but DEN always had issues on the D-line. And they have scrubs at 3 outta 4 of the current LB positions.
DEN needs to totally revamp the defense, and! get back both Ayers and Doom.
Offense is another whole can o worms.
RB Mark Ingram is needed in DEN, PERIOD.
And 2 more O-linemen to compete with the current guys.
bad @$$ attitude.

Speaking of Beef, I wonder how the dude is doing . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/anon.gif

-----

rcsodak
10-25-2010, 04:13 PM
Thanks Bryce. I heard that part too. I got the distinct impression that he's much less than impressed with the talent on the roster.
Well, talk was just the opposite after the Tenn game and the NYJ game. Vickerson getting injured didnt help. Seems everytime a flash of hope appears, its quickly squelched.
You have to admit this year is crazy. Every team, save pitt, has had at least 1 stinker. NO unbeatens. Divisions turned upside down. SD/DAL both tops in O/D with losing records.
I'm just gonna blame it all on Obama and Global Warming. :coffee:
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rcsodak
10-25-2010, 04:21 PM

They were prolly reading some of the posts on here. I was laughing along with them . :lol:
Ryan also said it doeant matter what they were laughing about...peple handle defeat differently. But he did say the lockerroom would more than likely be sullen and the true degree by which to grade their frustation.

TXBRONC
10-25-2010, 04:25 PM
Tim said it's too early to say if Mcdaniels lost the locker room, he said we will find out once Denver is mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.
He said Orton getting the blame is garbage, also said Lloyd and Gaffney smiling on the sideline means nothing, basically saying not to read into that too much. He said the defense is the problem in Denver, and that "all you have to do is look at the players they have to see what Denver is." Not sure exactly what he meant by that.
I know some of that stuff is obvious, just passing along the info since some of you don't get Sirius.

It's different prespective and deserves some attention but the other thread is based off of what local reporters information. All Ryan is doing is giving an opinion. Miller is claiming he's actually talked to players from the team.

spikerman
10-25-2010, 04:29 PM
Well, talk was just the opposite after the Tenn game and the NYJ game. Vickerson getting injured didnt help. Seems everytime a flash of hope appears, its quickly squelched.
You have to admit this year is crazy. Every team, save pitt, has had at least 1 stinker. NO unbeatens. Divisions turned upside down. SD/DAL both tops in O/D with losing records.
I'm just gonna blame it all on Obama and Global Warming. :coffee:

If I understood Ryan's position correctly, I have to agree with him. I don't think this roster has a lot of talent. It's been one of the things I've been critical about. I think this team is much less talented than the one he took over (especially on the offensive side of the ball). This is NOT to rehash old arguments, only to point out that you have to replace talent with talent and I don't think that has happened. I still say that nobody on the Broncos really scares anybody. I think Orton, Lloyd, and Thomas were moving in that direction, but that has ground to a halt.

Defensively, this team is no better than it has been the past few years. It's only older. I don't buy injury excuses because it's the NFL, even the backups are paid to perform and every team has injuries.

I agree that every team has let down games or "stinkers", but yesterday was way beyond a stinker.

rcsodak
10-25-2010, 04:41 PM
If I understood Ryan's position correctly, I have to agree with him. I don't think this roster has a lot of talent. It's been one of the things I've been critical about. I think this team is much less talented than the one he took over (especially on the offensive side of the ball). This is NOT to rehash old arguments, only to point out that you have to replace talent with talent and I don't think that has happened. I still say that nobody on the Broncos really scares anybody.
Defensively, this team is no better than it has been the past few years. It's only older. I don't buy injury excuses because it's the NFL, even the backups are paid to perform and every team has injuries.
I agree that every team has let down games or "stinkers", but yesterday was way beyond a stinker.Pitt struggles without their safety.Indy struggles without their safety.Denver loses 2Lb's/2S's, CB, and we hear JUST SUCK IT UP! Okie dokie.

frauschieze
10-25-2010, 04:47 PM
Sometimes, when things are at their worst, the only thing one can do is laugh. It can help to keep your motivation up and keep trying even when the odds are stacked against you. I don't begrudge anyone for laughing on the sidelines yesterday.

Krugan
10-25-2010, 05:09 PM
I would love to see how many fans across the Bronco nation DIDNT laugh at some point yesterday.

What else was there to do?

I just dont get the trivial complaints sometimes.

There are much bigger issues with this team than a couple guys coping with the ass booting.

spikerman
10-25-2010, 05:13 PM
Pitt struggles without their safety.Indy struggles without their safety.Denver loses 2Lb's/2S's, CB, and we hear JUST SUCK IT UP! Okie dokie.

There's a big difference between struggling and giving up 59 points. I also don't remember seeing Pitt or Indy quit, something I can't say about Denver yesterday.

rcsodak
10-25-2010, 05:16 PM
I would love to see how many fans across the Bronco nation DIDNT laugh at some point yesterday.

What else was there to do?

I just dont get the trivial complaints sometimes.

There are much bigger issues with this team than a couple guys coping with the ass booting.
EXACTLY, my fellow SoDak! Like when the hell are the yellow jerseys and striped socks coming back?! They ROCKED when wearing them!!

topscribe
10-25-2010, 05:37 PM
EXACTLY, my fellow SoDak! Like when the hell are the yellow jerseys and striped socks coming back?! They ROCKED when wearing them!!

I can do without those clown suits...er, uniforms. :lol:

But I love those orange jerseys! And so do the players, who have said anything about them . . .

-----

Dzone
10-25-2010, 05:47 PM

Thanks for the post. I dont get sirius. Anything anyone says in the national media about the Broncos is of interest to me

cuzz4169
10-25-2010, 06:33 PM
look at the 11 starters sunday on defense...2 of them are true players...champ and DJ thats it...J. williams isnt the same player...all of our other d-lineman have been backups or are our draft mistakes...Linebackers come on...all have been cut about 5x each through out their careers. or have just been special teams players....we have 2 good linebackers on our roster DJ and doom...the jury is still out on Ayers...woodyard is a great special teams player....mario haggen couldnt make the bills roster but he starts for us. DBs we have 3 players Champ...goodman & Dawkins...hill sucks...the rest are young...when hes healthy Mcbath needs to play.

topscribe
10-25-2010, 08:38 PM
look at the 11 starters sunday on defense...2 of them are true players...champ and DJ thats it...J. williams isnt the same player...all of our other d-lineman have been backups or are our draft mistakes...Linebackers come on...all have been cut about 5x each through out their careers. or have just been special teams players....we have 2 good linebackers on our roster DJ and doom...the jury is still out on Ayers...woodyard is a great special teams player....mario haggen couldnt make the bills roster but he starts for us. DBs we have 3 players Champ...goodman & Dawkins...hill sucks...the rest are young...when hes healthy Mcbath needs to play.

True . . . except I think Bannan's pretty good . . .

-----

BeefStew25
10-25-2010, 08:40 PM
bad @$$ attitude.

Thank you sir.

rcsodak
10-25-2010, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the post. I dont get sirius. Anything anyone says in the national media about the Broncos is of interest to me
I'll try to listen to McD in the morning on Sirius. Hopefully he's forthcoming and is asked tough questions.....