PDA

View Full Version : The Move ON Thread

BORDERLINE
10-25-2010, 01:14 PM
I for one do not want this week to be all anger and humiliation. What happend yesterday was failure on ALL Levels. I'm ready to put this game in a grave give it a tombstone and let it rest. We have 8 games left at 2-5. If we don't do anything the rest of the year we should at least compete. We will see this team again week 15. And I honestly believe it will be a heck of alot different. WE are not the Lions/Browns. After the back to back SB we where 6-10 and i felt like sh*it.We rebounded and din't let it become a trend like so many bad teams do. We need to dust ourselves off and get back on track. it can be done.:grouphug:

camdisco24
10-25-2010, 01:29 PM
We need to dust ourselves off and get back on track. it can be done.:grouphug:

It WILL be done. ;)

Playoffs may be out of the question, but we can still finish this season with a few positives. Maybe a sweep of SD??
All i know is, these last games will be a true indicator of what kind of coach McD is. If we continue to play with low moral and just give up stupid loses, my support for the HC will be gone. If I see a fire lit under the whole team, some of my lost faith will be restored.
What we do from here on out will be a forecast of our future, whether it means a future with McD, or without him.
All I care about is whats best for OUR team.

gnomeflinger
10-25-2010, 01:32 PM
I say give the kids until Tuesday to cry about it. Some people can only post at work, so they didn't get to share their feelings and thoughts yesterday. By Tuesday it will be the start of a new football week, and thoughts will be on to the game at SF. :salute:

topscribe
10-25-2010, 01:46 PM
It WILL be done. ;)

Playoffs may be out of the question, but we can still finish this season with a few positives. Maybe a sweep of SD??
All i know is, these last games will be a true indicator of what kind of coach McD is. If we continue to play with low moral and just give up stupid loses, my support for the HC will be gone. If I see a fire lit under the whole team, some of my lost faith will be restored.
What we do from here on out will be a forecast of our future, whether it means a future with McD, or without him.
All I care about is whats best for OUR team.

Oh, I don't think the playoffs are out of the question. If the Broncos can make
it through the SF game, and Ayers, Dawkins, and Goody can heal through the
bye, then anything can happen from there on out. They could well surprise us . . .

-----

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
10-25-2010, 01:48 PM
bye, then anything can happen from there on out. They could well surprise us . . .

-----

Finally some positives... thanks top! :salute:

tomjonesrocks
10-25-2010, 01:49 PM
Ridiculous. It is NOT time to move on.

Even if Denver blows out the 49ers in London it by no means erases this game.

Sorry.

I'll move on when McDaniels is finally fired.

I Eat Staples
10-25-2010, 01:50 PM
I'm ready to move on from the failure that is the McDaniels regime.

Northman
10-25-2010, 01:51 PM
We should probably let these guys have a thread of their own. Im as pissed as anybody but some people have higher hopes than the rest of us so we should try not to derail their positivity here.

RedFalcon
10-25-2010, 01:53 PM
We do need to move on...
But in order to do that, some changes in attitude and thoughts are required here. One player needs to step up and become a leader. Yesterday we had nobody doing that. Where was McD with his infamous " All we're trying to do is win a mother******* game " ?

We need a coach that can make this team better when it is hurting and rally them when they seem lost. Last night, McD seemed lost.

SO, yeah... we need to move on, but let's not just take the next game as an easy one, just because we play against another very bad team.

BORDERLINE
10-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Ridiculous. It is NOT time to move on.

Even if Denver blows out the 49ers in London it by no means erases this game.

Sorry.

I'll move on when McDaniels is finally fired.

so what's the master plan...dwell on the loss..complain...argue...laugh it off...Don't act like we all aren't fans and where pist about yesterdays performance, but we really have to keep hope alive. WE cannot make a habit out of these performances. And it starts with SF

rcsodak
10-25-2010, 02:01 PM
IMO, this is going to be the line in the sand, and the 2nd half of the seaason will be the tell-all.
I would REALLY like to know who talked to the media about the *too hard* of practices last week. Or the context to which they said it. I'll venture to say some moves might be happening.
Methinks with everybody all kooped up in a plane for 12hrs *or whatever*...... I'D Love to be a fly on that wall!
Its gut-check time. for ALL involved.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Shazam!
10-25-2010, 02:01 PM
Sorry... I won't forget this kind of humiliation easily. This will stick with me.

BroncoWave
10-25-2010, 02:02 PM
I was moved on after the 3rd quarter of the game. I get over losses very quickly. It was actually tougher for me to get over the Jets loss than this one. The close ones that get away always hurt me more than the blowouts. All I could really do was laugh during the game yesterday. No point in getting pissed about a game like that. Just grin and bear it and move on.

Shazam!
10-25-2010, 02:03 PM
After the back to back SB we where 6-10 and i felt like sh*it.

As for this line, I didn't feel like shit about the 1999 season.

I expected Denver to win 2 or 3 games tops. You don't lose the leader, the soul, the face of your franchise of nearly two decades AND start a rookie QB and expect anything less than a debacle. It could've been much, much worse.

BORDERLINE
10-25-2010, 02:03 PM
Sorry... I won't forget this kind of humiliation easily. This will stick with me.

no ones saying forget it. at least i'm not i'm just sayin we need to move on

rcsodak
10-25-2010, 02:04 PM
luv ya, bro, but really....get over it. In the grand scheme of things, this ain't shit. Just a pebble in a lake. I suggest you direct your anger where it belongs....in the Politics Forum. :D

topscribe
10-25-2010, 02:05 PM

Games such as this don't go away. I still cringe at the thought of the SB game
against Dallas after the 1977 season; the SB game against the Redskins, who
scored 35 points against us in the 2nd quarter; and the playoff game against
the Jags following the 1996 season. And then there is the blowout by the
Raiders over the Broncos in our house last year.

And now I have another one to add to that list . . . :tsk:

-----

tomjonesrocks
10-25-2010, 02:09 PM
We should probably let these guys have a thread of their own. Im as pissed as anybody but some people have higher hopes than the rest of us so we should try not to derail their positivity here.

I figured after this debacle, there was a good chance for unity--surely everyone now can see McDaniels was a colossal mistake from day 1.

Nope. Despite this utter humiliation there's still those that say "Ah, it's all a part of the plan".

What bullshit.

The Patriots were NEVER a joke under Belichick. They started off with a staunch D and a good-enough-O to stay in games--then evolved into a juggernaut.

McDaniels--this idiot doesn't know what the hell he's doing. It's LONG past time for his ass to be in the unemployment line. I was ready to fire him before he even got started after the Cutler fiasco--but if you really needed a "straw" I don't see how this can't be it.

Northman
10-25-2010, 02:10 PM
Games such as this don't go away. I still cringe at the thought of the SB game
against Dallas after the 1977 season; the SB game against the Redskins, who
scored 35 points against us in the 2nd quarter; and the playoff game against
the Jags following the 1996 season. And then there is the blowout by the
Raiders over the Broncos in our house last year.

And now I have another one to add to that list . . . :tsk:

-----

The Skins game and Giants game dont bother me near as much anymore. But that Niners game is one i will NEVER forget. But yesterday took the cake in that regard. We just got beat by better teams back then but yesterday im not convinced Oakland is that much better than us. I just cant accept it.

T.K.O.
10-25-2010, 02:12 PM
i cant move on ! i have orton,gaffney,royal,moreno and thomas on my FF team:shocked::laugh:

BroncoStud
10-25-2010, 02:14 PM

-----

Somewhere I hear Jim Mora saying "Playoffs?"

tomjonesrocks
10-25-2010, 02:15 PM
The Skins game and Giants game dont bother me near as much anymore. But that Niners game is one i will NEVER forget. But yesterday took the cake in that regard. We just got beat by better teams back then but yesterday im not convinced Oakland is that much better than us. I just cant accept it.

The Skins game still bothers me. Of those early SBs--that was the one the Broncos could have won and many at that time thought they would. Opened up with a lead--then collapsed in the second. Was definitely a surreal bad dream.

That Jax game was agonizing as well--unforgettable--but it was softened by the SB wins of course.

Have NEVER been so down on the franchise as a whole as I have have been since McDaniels was hired. I wasn't alive for those pathetic 60s teams but the team has NEVER been less competitive in my lifetime.

Shazam!
10-25-2010, 02:17 PM
North hit it.

When Denver got crushed in the SBs, they were underpowered, outmanned and outgunned. They played physical near-legendary teams that were far better.

While the losses stung, winning SB 32-33 erased that pain. Sure, I remember how it felt but I feel Den righted those wrongs.

The Jax loss in 96 DEVASTATED ME. I wish I knew Den would win the next year, it would've been ok. That loss I'll never forget.

But THIS? A humiliation like this? 0 effort? Coach just standing there??? Im told I should just forget about it and move on? I wait for football season ALL YEAR FOR THIS? And Im supposed to accept it and move on?

How do season ticket holders 'just accept it and move on'???

I can't do that. I just can't. It's not like this team is fresh off a championship the past few Seasons that a blowback like this is to be expected.

I can't forget it or forgive it. Sorry.

BroncoStud
10-25-2010, 02:21 PM
I figured after this debacle, there was a good chance for unity--surely everyone now can see McDaniels was a colossal mistake from day 1.

Nope. Despite this utter humiliation there's still those that say "Ah, it's all a part of the plan".

What bullshit.

The Patriots were NEVER a joke under Belichick. They started off with a staunch D and a good-enough-O to stay in games--then evolved into a juggernaut.

McDaniels--this idiot doesn't know what the hell he's doing. It's LONG past time for his ass to be in the unemployment line. I was ready to fire him before he even got started after the Cutler fiasco--but if you really needed a "straw" I don't see how this can't be it.

In 2000, Bill's first year as HC for the Patriots they went 5-11. If I remember they beat Denver, in our crib, for one of those victories.

Northman
10-25-2010, 02:22 PM
While the losses stung, winning SB 32-33 erased that pain. Sure, I remember how it felt but I feel Den righted those wrongs.

Couldnt have said it any better. When we won those it alleviated a lot of the pain from the SB losses.

BroncoStud
10-25-2010, 02:24 PM
The low point for me came when Denver went to Detroit a few years back and let Kitna destroy them for 44 or so points. That was pathetic, or the San Diego game when they dropped 52.

tomjonesrocks
10-25-2010, 02:27 PM
How do season ticket holders 'just accept it and move on'???

I wonder about that--those that made the effort to see that game yesterday live, having spent $100+ to have seen it in person.

Am quite sure for those in attendance for whom money is actually an issue won't be suddenly satisfied if the Broncos somehow eek out a win over the 49ers.

Shazam!
10-25-2010, 02:28 PM
In 2000, Bill's first year as HC for the Patriots they went 5-11. If I remember they beat Denver, in our crib, for one of those victories.

8 of those losses were by 7 points or less.

There's that 'playing competitive' thing again...

AND they won the SB the next year.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-25-2010, 02:28 PM
We do need to move on...
But in order to do that, some changes in attitude and thoughts are required here. One player needs to step up and become a leader. Yesterday we had nobody doing that. Where was McD with his infamous " All we're trying to do is win a mother******* game " ?

We need a coach that can make this team better when it is hurting and rally them when they seem lost. Last night, McD seemed lost.

SO, yeah... we need to move on, but let's not just take the next game as an easy one, just because we play against another very bad team.

I would imagine many coaches would have seemed lost, as FAST as the Broncos were in a hole - 21 - 0 JUST INTO THE 1ST QTR.

The Raiders score a quick TD to start the game, the Broncos have the ball, and the first play from scrimmage is an INT for another TD - this whole game was BOOM - BOOM for the Raiders - I don't know about anyone else, but I could not BELIEVE what I was seeing. We have no idea how quickly the coaches were trying to scramble to stop the bleeding, and nothing they did would stop the bleeding. It was up to the players to STOP the bleeding.

Lancane
10-25-2010, 02:32 PM

True...but Belichick's Patriots went 11-5 his second season in New England! He also did not purge the roster of their best talent, he utilized it and kept the core together...he also did not turn the off-season into a circus for the media by lying, trading his best players and continuing to do so the following year as well...

McDaniels will be the first Bronco's head coach under Bowlen to not be in the playoffs within his first two seasons!

Move on'? I would love to, but there is not light at the end of this tunnel right now.

Shazam!
I would imagine many coaches would have seemed lost, as FAST as the Broncos were in a hole - 21 - 0 JUST INTO THE 1ST QTR.

The Raiders score a quick TD to start the game, the Broncos have the ball, and the first play from scrimmage is an INT for another TD - this whole game was BOOM - BOOM for the Raiders - I don't know about anyone else, but I could not BELIEVE what I was seeing. We have no idea how quickly the coaches were trying to scramble to stop the bleeding, and nothing they did would stop the bleeding. It was up to the players to STOP the bleeding.

All comes down to Coaching. All comes back to McD. When the Coach looks befuddled and the players seem to give up and lay down like a carpet, all points to the Coach.

Believe me I dont like hammering McD like this. Can't stomach what happened yesterday. I havent seen the Broncos this low in a long, long time...

BORDERLINE
Am quite sure for those in attendance for whom money is actually an issue won't be suddenly satisfied if the Broncos somehow eek out a win over the 49ers.

If you where there and paid to see that. :tsk: I don't know what to tell you.

Shazam!
10-25-2010, 02:34 PM
Oh, if I was a season ticket holder... The Broncos main offices would have to call the police. I'd be in jail.

tomjonesrocks
10-25-2010, 02:35 PM
It was up to the players to STOP the bleeding.

From some reports, it sounds like the players didn't give a shit because they are so unhappy playing for this head coach. I'm certainly not advocating the players' gutlessness considering the players are paid handsomely for their efforts. But if those reports are true it doesn't speak well of our coach--not to mention the fact that these are THIS coach's hand-picked players.

Northman
10-25-2010, 02:35 PM
8 of those losses were by 7 points or less.

There's that 'playing competitive' thing again...

AND they won the SB the next year.

Not only that, but he was able to do that with a very young QB and with very little player turnover. This again is where McD failed compared to the other BBites who have tried their hand at headcoaching. McD took over a 8-8 team that really only needed to improve in 2 areas. Defense and redzone scoring. Neither of which has been fixed and now we are a sub .500 team as the result of his changes.

BORDERLINE
10-25-2010, 02:36 PM
Move on'? I would love to, but there is not light at the end of this tunnel right now.

So we as fans are just gonna sit and dwell?? I won't forget it , but i'm not gonna keep remembering it. That's what I mean by moving on.

Northman
10-25-2010, 02:37 PM
So we as fans are just gonna sit and dwell?? I won't forget it , but i'm not gonna keep remembering it. That's what I mean by moving on.

Im sure in a couple of days it will become easier to handle. But the day after i think your asking a bit much. :lol:

tomjonesrocks
10-25-2010, 02:39 PM
ove on'? I would love to, but there is not light at the end of this tunnel right now.

Exactly. Move on to what? Until a HC change is made it's same shit different day.

Lancane
10-25-2010, 02:39 PM

Not really sit and dwell, but this will be here for a while. Seriously, I believe McDaniels just broke the camel's back with this and lost more of the fanbase then he ever dared imagine.

Slick
10-25-2010, 02:40 PM
I'll move on from bitching about this loss. I've had a chance to vent and make a few posts today.

Bear with me folks, I live in a place where the only person that cares about NFL football, much less the Broncos, is me.

I will not stop asking for my team and coach to do better, for this coach to show us the improvement he was hired to make.

I'd really love to hear Mr Bowlen's thoughts right now.

KCL
10-25-2010, 02:42 PM
All comes down to Coaching. All comes back to McD. When the Coach looks befuddled and the players seem to give up and lay down like a carpet, all points to the Coach.

Believe me I dont like hammering McD like this. Can't stomach what happened yesterday. I havent seen the Broncos this low in a long, long time...

I've been reading through all these threads and I agree with you that it does come down to the coaching...it is of course up to the players to make the plays but it's up to the coach to get the guys ready.

I use Bowe for an example...in the Colts game he dropped 2 critical passes..say what you want about Cassel but his passes to Bowe were right on...Bowe didn't hang onto them..one was in the EZ and could have made the difference in the game as the Chiefs D was in Manning's face practically the whole game.

I have no idea what was said to Bowe...I can only imagine but the next 2 games he did well and made the catches...totally redeemed himself for screwing up in the Colts game.

Northman
10-25-2010, 02:42 PM
I'd really love to hear Mr Bowlen's thoughts right now.

Same here. As much as i think Wade Phillips sucks at least Jerry goes out and says he is his guy. We just dont hear shit from Pat on this one way or the other.

Northman
10-25-2010, 02:43 PM
I've been reading through all these threads and I agree with you that it does come down to the coaching...it is of course up to the players to make the plays but it's up to the coach to get the guys ready.

I use Bowe for an example...in the Colts game he dropped 2 critical passes..say what you want about Cassel but his passes to Bowe were right on...Bowe didn't hang onto them..one was in the EZ and could have made the difference in the game as the Chiefs D was in Manning's face practically the whole game.

I have no idea what was said to Bowe...I can only imagine but the next 2 games he did well and made the catches...totally redeemed himself for screwing up in the Colts game.

Bowe blew it up yesteday. That one catch and run was fabulous. He isnt the fastest receiver ive seen but he reminds me a lot of Rod Smith in some ways. Just makes plays when he puts his mind to it.

topscribe
10-25-2010, 02:43 PM
Same here. As much as i think Wade Phillips sucks at least Jerry goes out and says he is his guy. We just dont hear shit from Pat on this one way or the other.

Jerry runs the show. Mr. Bowlen tries to allow the HC to do his job . . . which is to run the show . . .

-----

BORDERLINE
10-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Not really sit and dwell, but this will be here for a while. Seriously, I believe McDaniels just broke the camel's back with this and lost more of the fanbase then he ever dared imagine.

don't think i'm blind guys. I know where you guys are coming from completely. :salute:

I Eat Staples
10-25-2010, 02:44 PM
From some reports, it sounds like the players didn't give a shit because they are so unhappy playing for this head coach. I'm certainly not advocating the players' gutlessness considering the players are paid handsomely for their efforts. But if those reports are true it doesn't speak well of our coach--not to mention the fact that these are THIS coach's hand-picked players.

This. Everyone was demonizing the players McD traded for having "poor character". When is everyone going to realize that it's McD who has poor character? At some point, most of our team is going to not want to play for that joker.

I can tell you as someone who played multiple sports, I wouldn't play for a coach like McD. I get along very well with authority, but I'd rather flip burgers than play for McD. Using players' character to justify McD's poor talent scouting and ego trips is a shameful excuse. But of course, there's people here that will claim that McD is a wonderful person and a wonderful coach and that our problems are the fault of everyone he's ever come in contact with. Please get real people.

Northman
10-25-2010, 02:45 PM
Jerry runs the show. Mr. Bowlen tries to allow the HC to do his job . . . which is to run the show . . .

-----

True, but wouldnt you think that Bowlen would publically back his guy? I know in the past he did it for Shanahan when people started questioning whether he should stay or go. I would just think that Pat would want to show he still has McD's back at this point. Especially after a very ugly loss at home like that.

BroncoWave
10-25-2010, 02:46 PM

What bullshit.

Just out of curiosity, who is saying this? I'm not seeing these posts you are referring to. Most everyone seems pretty pissed off right now.

Lancane
10-25-2010, 02:48 PM

What is Bowlen going to say? He's been called nuts and senile by the media for backing this coach and his dumb moves. He said that Cutler was the future of this team, that he wanted to without a doubt keep Marshall as a Bronco both of which were negated quickly after saying it. Bowlen might be at an utter loss for words right now besides a few choice curse words. He's backed this young head coach and a general manager both of which have contributed to the despair of this organization. Right now, I think the only things he can say is that he either supports them or their fired and not be ridiculed for it.

KCL
10-25-2010, 02:48 PM

-----

McD calls the plays for the offense...correct? I am only asking because I don't know how the team is ran...Denver does have a DC..don't they and how about a GM?

nevcraw
10-25-2010, 02:51 PM
I will move on as soon we win a M****** ***** game.

tomjonesrocks
10-25-2010, 02:53 PM
What is Bowlen going to say? He's been called nuts and senile by the media for backing this coach and his dumb moves. He said that Cutler was the future of this team, that he wanted to without a doubt keep Marshall as a Bronco both of which were negated quickly after saying it. Bowlen might be at an utter loss for words right now besides a few choice curse words. He's backed this young head coach and a general manager both of which have contributed to the despair of this organization. Right now, I think the only things he can say is that he either supports them or their fired and not be ridiculed for it.

Yep. So much speculation has been made that Bowlen at this point is either drunk or senile or both--it would be nice to hear some indication he's not totally asleep at the switch.

Northman
10-25-2010, 02:54 PM

No idea but i would think that if he truly believes in his guy he should at least address that he still has confidence. With Bowlen being silent im not sure what the old man is thinking. I agree with you about the Cutler thing but there were a lot of problems with Jay as well as Bowlen there. In the end i think i just want to know where the guy stands. He is the one who said he wanted to win and was tired of not making the playoffs and such but is totally mum right now when this team is on the brink of total destruction. Maybe he has gone down the hill ala Al Davis who knows.

Slick
10-25-2010, 03:01 PM

We all know that anything Bowlen said would have been prepared by one of his assistants, something politically correct and boring. What I wanted to know, out of my own personal curiosity, is what is he thinking.

"I effed up."

"Holy shit, my stadium is empty after 2 quarters."

"We can still make the playoffs."

"Those Raiders are extremely talented and well coached."

"My team is still soft and leaderless."

etc...

Lancane
10-25-2010, 03:04 PM
No idea but i would think that if he truly believes in his guy he should at least address that he still has confidence. With Bowlen being silent im not sure what the old man is thinking. I agree with you about the Cutler thing but there were a lot of problems with Jay as well as Bowlen there. In the end i think i just want to know where the guy stands. He is the one who said he wanted to win and was tired of not making the playoffs and such but is totally mum right now when this team is on the brink of total destruction. Maybe he has gone down the hill ala Al Davis who knows.

Think politically for a moment, how do you weather a storm in a situation like this? Does he go out and condone what the coach and staff has done? Does he say that he does not and is tired of the excuses? Or does he stay silent and let it lay till the end of the season? Who knows, if he acknowledges faith in him, then Bowlen could be called completely off his rocker by the fans and media, and overall lose respect. If he goes out on the line and says he's not happy without having a backup plan, McDaniels could sabotage the rest of the season or quit, especially if Bowlen has no one to consider to replace him as of yet...staying silent right now is the smarter decision from an owners standpoint!

If I was Bowlen I would have done called Gruden and a couple other candidates and seen what could be worked out before I started anything that could make it worse.

Northman
10-25-2010, 03:07 PM
If I was Bowlen I would have done called Gruden and a couple other candidates and seen what could be worked out before I started anything that could make it worse.

Is he even allowed to do that?

As for him being silent i can understand that a little bit. But at the same time i think he does have to worry about what the fanbase thinks of him. Even if he doesnt believe in McD anymore he should come out and show confidence. Now, maybe he does that behind closed doors i dont know but from fan point of view it just looks like the guy doesnt give a damn. I would think he would do everything in his power to protect his investment and franchise.

I Eat Staples
10-25-2010, 03:10 PM
Just out of curiosity, who is saying this? I'm not seeing these posts you are referring to. Most everyone seems pretty pissed off right now.

Jrwiz.

Lancane
10-25-2010, 03:12 PM
Is he even allowed to do that?

As for him being silent i can understand that a little bit. But at the same time i think he does have to worry about what the fanbase thinks of him. Even if he doesnt believe in McD anymore he should come out and show confidence. Now, maybe he does that behind closed doors i dont know but from fan point of view it just looks like the guy doesnt give a damn. I would think he would do everything in his power to protect his investment and franchise.

Yes, he's allowed to do that as long as the person in question is not under contract with another NFL franchise. Though they would have to finish the season with the current staff in place.

I understand, but look at what the fans have seen from him lately, all smoke and mirrors, I think he knows that he would seem insincere or sincere, if he believed it or not...it could all backfire in his face by saying the wrong thing.

topscribe
10-25-2010, 03:25 PM
True, but wouldnt you think that Bowlen would publically back his guy? I know in the past he did it for Shanahan when people started questioning whether he should stay or go. I would just think that Pat would want to show he still has McD's back at this point. Especially after a very ugly loss at home like that.

You have a point. That could be taken as a bad sign.

We'll just have to see what happens . . .

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
10-25-2010, 03:25 PM

I believe that Jerry said what he did because there was speculation on ESPN, etc, that Wade could be fired. Unless the same has started today nationally in regards to Josh, there may not be any reason for Pat to say anything at this time.

Last night, (after our game), Dungy was asked which coaches were on the fence, and he mentioned two - DelRio and Singletary.

Lancane
10-25-2010, 03:29 PM
I believe that Jerry said what he did because there was speculation on ESPN, etc, that Wade could be fired. Unless the same has started today nationally in regards to Josh, there may not be any reason for Pat to say anything at this time.

Last night, (after our game), Dungy was asked which coaches were on the fence, and he mentioned two - DelRio and Singletary.

On the fence Carol...if they would have asked who's ass is likely to be fired, I'm sure McDaniels would have rolled of his tongue.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-25-2010, 03:36 PM
On the fence Carol...if they would have asked who's ass is likely to be fired, I'm sure McDaniels would have rolled of his tongue.

It was in regards to firing.

Lancane
10-25-2010, 03:39 PM
It was in regards to firing.

On the fence means is possible to lose a job...right now I think with McDaniels it's only a point of when will Bowlen do it!

:lol:

gnomeflinger
10-25-2010, 03:44 PM
On the fence means is possible to lose a job...right now I think with McDaniels it's only a point of when will Bowlen do it!

:lol:

Here are a couple of job options for McD, if this HC job doesn't work out.

1. Go coach high school football, a la Rick Neuheisel
2. Come clean my cats litter boxes

Lonestar
10-25-2010, 03:50 PM
To OP we are 2-5 and have 9 games left.

With hopes of ending 11-5.

O-ManePunisher
10-25-2010, 03:57 PM
Yea time to move on to the draft lol

Lonestar
10-25-2010, 04:03 PM

From which reports and who are the players. Or is this just another gutless or cliueless reporter trying to stir up crap.

Again just which players gave up and did not play.

I did not see any.

sneakers
10-26-2010, 03:56 AM
I agreegree.

Nomad
10-26-2010, 06:14 AM
It's no sweat off my back.:ohwell: Disappointed at first and still think Bowlen should refund those fans who attended the game for the shittiest product on the field by a BRONCOS team but there is more to life than wallowing in self pity about the BRONCOS! SF is up next and I expect the BRONCOS to win and McDaniels to have this team ready in all games and win!!! If not, McDaniels is sealing his fate as the Denver BRONCOS HC, which should no longer be if he can't do the job!!

I hope you folks across the pond are excited to see the BRONCOS live!!

TimTebow15MVP
10-26-2010, 07:01 AM
i moved on as i was watching the entire game lol. i sat there and watched the beating and could do nothing but smile and laugh. i couldnt even get mad it was so pathetic. but ive moved on. the blow outs are always easy to move on from but this one stung so bad because it was oakland. but ive been on the other side of those beatings also.

mcdaniels looked humbled, embarassed and it looks like his ego has been crushed. hopefully it has. hopefully this ass kicking will make him a better coach. plenty football left to be played. he has a chance to win his job back imo even though my opinion doesnt matter. i dont think hes all that bad but his ego needed to be ROCKED to the point he couldnt create any excuses in his mind for how pathetic hes coaching right now.

if the broncos come out and win out somehow or go 10-6 then mcdaniels has learned his lesson. adapt, change, do whatever it takes to win games and not whatever your system says.....switch things up! inspire the guys again the way i seen you inspire them during 6-0.......... games will have to be won with pure gut exspecially on defense. the offense needs to start scoring atleast 35 like there capable of with all that talent.

be professional and come to WORK.

go broncos all day long

MasterShake
10-26-2010, 07:31 AM
i moved on as i was watching the entire game lol. i sat there and watched the beating and could do nothing but smile and laugh. i couldnt even get mad it was so pathetic. but ive moved on. the blow outs are always easy to move on from but this one stung so bad because it was oakland. but ive been on the other side of those beatings also.

mcdaniels looked humbled, embarassed and it looks like his ego has been crushed. hopefully it has. hopefully this ass kicking will make him a better coach. plenty football left to be played. he has a chance to win his job back imo even though my opinion doesnt matter. i dont think hes all that bad but his ego needed to be ROCKED to the point he couldnt create any excuses in his mind for how pathetic hes coaching right now.

if the broncos come out and win out somehow or go 10-6 then mcdaniels has learned his lesson. adapt, change, do whatever it takes to win games and not whatever your system says.....switch things up! inspire the guys again the way i seen you inspire them during 6-0.......... games will have to be won with pure gut exspecially on defense. the offense needs to start scoring atleast 35 like there capable of with all that talent.

be professional and come to WORK.

go broncos all day long

I felt the same way. After the first quarter I was just watching the train wreck. The only thing missing was a punt or kickoff return.

Brandon Lloyd seemed very upset with himself and the team on the local radio show here and on Broncos Live which airs on Monday night. He said the veterans (especially Dawkins) are all gonna rally the troops, and they have not given up. I'll take him at his word for now. I hope we beat the 49ers and go into the BYE on a slightly high note.

The Glue Factory
10-26-2010, 11:54 AM
I felt the same way. After the first quarter I was just watching the train wreck. The only thing missing was a punt or kickoff return.

Brandon Lloyd seemed very upset with himself and the team on the local radio show here and on Broncos Live which airs on Monday night. He said the veterans (especially Dawkins) are all gonna rally the troops, and they have not given up. I'll take him at his word for now. I hope we beat the 49ers and go into the BYE on a slightly high note.

It's sad when garbage time starts midway through the first quarter. :mad: :Cry:

Sunday wasn't just a sucker punch to the stomach, nor a kick to the nads. It was much worse! A kick to the nads AND a sucker punch to the stomach. You wanna cry but there's no air to cry with.

That was Sunday and Monday I was looking forward to London and the 69er's

MasterShake
10-26-2010, 01:19 PM
It's sad when garbage time starts midway through the first quarter. :mad: :Cry:

Sunday wasn't just a sucker punch to the stomach, nor a kick to the nads. It was much worse! A kick to the nads AND a sucker punch to the stomach. You wanna cry but there's no air to cry with.

That was Sunday and Monday I was looking forward to London and the 69er's

I'm the same way. I always get this world beater attitude about the Broncos a few days after a defeat (even that monstrosity) and just want to get to the next game. Football season is too short to dwell, and I'm not gonna change my allegiences from a team I loved since I was a kid! :salute:

I would feel a lot worse if we did not have 9 games to make some sense of this team.

KCL
10-26-2010, 01:59 PM
To OP we are 2-5 and have 9 games left.

With hopes of ending 11-5.

That's a lot of hoping...just saying.

The Glue Factory
10-26-2010, 02:03 PM
And didn't you have similar hope with the Chiefs were competing for cellar dweller of the west?

Northman
10-26-2010, 02:07 PM
And didn't you have similar hope with the Chiefs were competing for cellar dweller of the west?

I dont know how KCL felt but i know i dont want to go that long in the cellar to wait and find out. I still dont understand why people bring up the idea people are changing allegiances because i havent seen anyone quit being Bronco fans but having hope means actually seeing progess to me. I have not seen any to give me hope. People will want to point to the close game with the Jets as hope, but ive seen that before last year and before that. At some point there has to be CONSISTENT improvement. We have not had it in a very long time.

KCL
10-26-2010, 02:23 PM

Became a Chiefs fan in 81 when I met my husband...he taught me how to understand the game..I've been hoping FOR YEARS!!!!

BORDERLINE
10-26-2010, 02:24 PM
I dont know how KCL felt but i know i dont want to go that long in the cellar to wait and find out. I still dont understand why people bring up the idea people are changing allegiances because i havent seen anyone quit being Bronco fans but having hope means actually seeing progess to me. I have not seen any to give me hope. People will want to point to the close game with the Jets as hope, but ive seen that before last year and before that. At some point there has to be CONSISTENT improvement. We have not had it in a very long time.

I look at the NFL in general. the titans last year started 0-6 came back and salvaged a season. The chargers came back after we collapsed and won the division at 8-8. Things can turn around in just a game. Who knows we beat SF. head off into the bye week and handle KC at home and were sitting at 4-5 with 4 more divisional games to play.a win againts KC would be BIG IF we could get it. For once we won't be collapsing. I just Hope where climbing at the end instead

KCL
10-26-2010, 02:25 PM

You're getting a taste of how I felt for the last few seasons.

Northman
10-26-2010, 02:29 PM
I look at the NFL in general. the titans last year started 0-6 came back and salvaged a season. The chargers came back after we collapsed and won the division at 8-8. Things can turn around in just a game. Who knows we beat SF. head off into the bye week and handle KC at home and were sitting at 4-5 with 4 more divisional games to play.a win againts KC would be BIG IF we could get it. For once we won't be collapsing. I just Hope where climbing at the end instead

Ok, and if we do that then great. Ive already stated in other threads the season is not over. However, you, me, and a lot of other fans have seen this type of senario in Denver before. Twice now in two different regimes we have started out great and choked the season away. Now, we start out 2-5 and although we could go on a run but considering out history and how last Sunday went can you really sit here and say your that confident that will happen? I cant. Many people were claiming we would trample the Raiders (which would of been nice following a tough loss to the Jets) but than that happened. I can even accept losing at the last minute to JMarsh over what happened on Sunday. Just show me a team that has fight in them like they at least did in Baltimore.

Northman
10-26-2010, 02:31 PM

Despite my hatred for KC i can understand your plight as a fan. Its been well over 30 years since KC has even been to the big dance and a few years of very bad coaching/GMing which now things are looking up for you. As a friend im happy as a clam for you but i still ******* hate your team. :D

BORDERLINE
10-26-2010, 02:35 PM
Just show me a team that has fight in them
yeah budd. we need to see it outta this game in London. They are there to play a football game not to be tourist. IF they show up and show out. This will at least get the train back on the tracks (notice i din't say moving).

KCL
10-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Despite my hatred for KC i can understand your plight as a fan. Its been well over 30 years since KC has even been to the big dance and a few years of very bad coaching/GMing which now things are looking up for you. As a friend im happy as a clam for you but i still ******* hate your team. :D

:eviltongue::boxing::argue::smack::lol:

KCL
10-26-2010, 02:44 PM

Almost forgot to add...the feeling is mutual..:laugh:

BORDERLINE
10-26-2010, 02:52 PM

yes and no.

The only real bad season i remember having was after our back to backs at 6-10. Never has that happend again. I know we don't make the playoffs a whole lot, but we where never in the basement for more than a year. Teams that allow there record to be 3-13 , 4-12, 5-11 for more than two or three years I consider bad teams. Even with that azz kickin I don't think we belong in the Loins/Browns/Rams conversation we need a couple years of that type of losing.We don't except that in denver.only expectations that never come to fruition.:tsk:

KCL
10-26-2010, 03:00 PM
yes and no.

The only real bad season i remember having was after our back to backs at 6-10. Never has that happend again. I know we don't make the playoffs a whole lot, but we where never in the basement for more than a year. Teams that allow there record to be 3-13 , 4-12, 5-11 for more than two or three years I consider bad teams. Even with that azz kickin I don't think we belong in the Loins/Browns/Rams conversation we need a couple years of that type of losing.We don't except that in denver.only expectations that never come to fruition.:tsk:

uh..I was talking about this season....you may not improve and could be the Lions..I was in denial that we were that bad too..;)

Shazam!
10-26-2010, 03:05 PM
The only real bad season i remember having was after our back to backs at 6-10.

That was, unfortunately, acceptable to me.

Northman
10-26-2010, 03:06 PM
uh..I was talking about this season....you may not improve and could be the Lions..I was in denial that we were that bad too..;)

Yea i think the general point is we could be heading in that kind of direction. Ive seen Raider fans for the last 6-7 years saying they were going to be better only to crash and burn. There is a such thing as empty optimism when people clearly are in denial. We arent there quite yet but recent events have me wondering if we can dig out of it before its too late.

Northman
10-26-2010, 03:09 PM
That was, unfortunately, acceptable to me.

Same, we lost our HOF QB at that point and i believe the next year we went 11-5 and made the playoffs. Shanahan had some faults but give me a guy who only has 2 losing seasons out of 14 anyday.

scott.475
10-26-2010, 03:26 PM
Became a Chiefs fan in 81 when I met my husband...he taught me how to understand the game..

I thought being a Chiefs fan and understanding the game were mutually exclusive concepts! :laugh:

KIDDING! Love you KCL, one of the classiest members of an enemy camp I know. :salute:

Shazam!
10-26-2010, 03:28 PM
Same, we lost our HOF QB at that point and i believe the next year we went 11-5 and made the playoffs. Shanahan had some faults but give me a guy who only has 2 losing seasons out of 14 anyday.

I expected 3-13 or 2-14 honestly. So I was happy with the Season and still elated after the SB wins. I didnt care.

Even with Den at their worst I never thought they get thrashed like that, against a team like that. Not just the Raiders, ANY mediocre team. I dont care who the coach is, that will never be acceptable to me, and it shouldnt be to any of us.

scott.475
10-26-2010, 03:58 PM
Tugging on Superman's cape
Your wife cheating on you with your best friend
Losing your life savings at the casino
Losing at home to the Raiders 59-14

Some things you just can't move on from.