PDA

View Full Version : It's not that we lost, it's how we lost

Slick
10-25-2010, 10:36 AM
How do we get beaten that bad by a Tom Cable coached football team in our freaking house?

I can't single out any one player because they all sucked hind tit and besides not being ready to play, they had a deer in the headlights look after 3 minutes of play.

I had extremely low expectations coming into this year, to the tune that I predicted 5 wins on the season.

Nothing could have prepared me for this though.

Jerry Glanville could have done a better job yesterday.

I kept waiting for Josh to call a timeout, hold a mini meeting on the sideline before it got away from him, do something other than look at his play chart.

I think I'm going to go Claymore on the forums for the rest of the season. A loss is a loss, but this is beyond that. I don't trust this guy anymore.

:bandit:

Shazam!
10-25-2010, 10:38 AM
I think this could've been in any other thread that sums up how bad Denver and McDaniels sucks.

rcsodak
10-25-2010, 10:40 AM
thread 259 and counting........ :coffee:
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Slick
10-25-2010, 10:43 AM
merge it then, won't hurt my feelings.

G_Money
10-25-2010, 10:49 AM
Fill up the front page with these. The more the merrier. The worst loss in nearly 50 years for a justifiably proud franchise deserves more than a combined thread making this like all the other losses over the last year.

His players, his coaches, home field, division rival. That should never, ever equal "worst loss in franchise history."

This week the McDaniels supporters will be in hiding, and justifiably so. I've been trying to withold judgment until we get further into this rebuild, but this? This should never happen.

Light the boards up like a Christmas tree. Better than apathy, I say. The day we don't care enough to blow up Tned's bandwidth over this is a sad day in Broncoland.

An even sadder day than Sunday.

~G

Northman
10-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Light the boards up like a Christmas tree. Better than apathy, I say. The day we don't care enough to blow up Tned's bandwidth over this is a sad day in Broncoland.

~G

******* post of the year!!!!!!!!

I see a few people on here who really dont give a shit and that is bothersome to me. :tsk:

BigDaddyBronco
10-25-2010, 11:38 AM
McDaniels blew it big that game. But, you know what, I'm more upset about the players. Watching that game I could count on my hand the number of guys who were busting ass to try and make plays. Marcus Thomas, Moreno, and Cox were the only guys who stuck out to me. I don't buy into the theory that a HC makes the guys care, but when a team is so demoralized that they aren't even trying you have to wonder if he has no positive impact and only a negative one. We will be able to tell over the rest of the season if he has lost the team completely or not, but he definitely lost them in that game.

If he loses the team this year, then Bowlen has to do something.

Dirk
10-25-2010, 11:44 AM
I agree. The players just laid an egg. The coaching was horrible.

I am still a wait and see guy. I want to see how McD does after getting his ass handed to him. This will be a defining moment for his young coaching career. He will either rise and shine over this or he will become a statistic in our search for a HC.

I know we have a LOT of players out on defense, Doom, Ayers, Goodman, Dawkins to name a few...but that defense was awful. It looked like a high school defense playing a pro offense. C'MON MAN!!!! :mad:

BroncoWave
10-25-2010, 11:55 AM
******* post of the year!!!!!!!!

I see a few people on here who really dont give a shit and that is bothersome to me. :tsk:

For me it's not that I don't give a shit, I have just come to realize that there are much more important things in life than how my football team does. I was already over the loss yesterday at about the end of the 3rd quarter. I used to let Broncos losses just piss me off and ruin the rest of my day if not week. I've reached the point though that I've come to accept that my team is going to lose games from time to time and that being angry and pissed off about it isn't going to change anything.

Am I happy with how yesterday went? Not even close. But I also realize that sulking and bitching about it after the fact isn't going to change anything or make anything better. That doesn't mean I don't care about what's going on though.

Now having said all this, I still yell and scream and cheer during games the same as I always have. I'm no less of a fan than I've ever been, I'm just not as emotional when things are going badly.

Northman
10-25-2010, 12:01 PM
For me it's not that I don't give a shit, I have just come to realize that there are much more important things in life than how my football team does. I was already over the loss yesterday at about the end of the 3rd quarter. I used to let Broncos losses just piss me off and ruin the rest of my day if not week. I've reached the point though that I've come to accept that my team is going to lose games from time to time and that being angry and pissed off about it isn't going to change anything.

Am I happy with how yesterday went? Not even close. But I also realize that sulking and bitching about it after the fact isn't going to change anything or make anything better. That doesn't mean I don't care about what's going on though.

Now having said all this, I still yell and scream and cheer during games the same as I always have. I'm no less of a fan than I've ever been, I'm just not as emotional when things are going badly.

I feel the same way, but i think it also is about how you portray it here as a fan. Now, im not saying this is you but when i see quotes like "much ado about nothing" that is bothersome to me. It tells me that people have accepted mediocrity and poor play. Now, i dont get nearly as pissed as i used too when Denver loses BUT i still expect this team to compete and not give up. I still expect them to win. Im like Denzel in Remember the Titans. Im a winner, and i expect to win. Am i spoiled because ive been a fan since 82' and not when the dawn of the dinosaurs were out there like Top? Maybe. But considering that this organization even post Elway was still being at least above average means my expectations are higher. I really dont want to see this organization go by the wayside and be in the cellar for 10 years. And after yesterday that possibility could happen. I think we are at a critical time right now and our HC needs to regain the confidence from his troops or else it could get really ugly.