PDA

View Full Version : Blame Bowlen?

rationalfan
10-25-2010, 10:33 AM
Interesting concept. Jim Armstrong (from the Denver Post) is on Mile High Sports radio right now saying Bowlen's business model isn't working; blaming the lack of funds for full time scouts and a business method that isn't placing a proper power structure in the Broncos' organization.

He does rip Bowlen and Ellis for hiring McDaniels, but only for giving him the reins on talent evaluation.

I don't think he's wrong.

rcsodak
10-25-2010, 10:37 AM
Armstrong's team was much bet..... oh, wait. :coffee:
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

GEM
10-25-2010, 10:51 AM
It isn't working. It was saddening to watch Shanny get fired because of the GM issues. It was even sadder to watch McD come in under the same umbrella. You can't have a coach and a GM wrapped up in one, especially a first time coach. It's just too much for one person and there isn't anyone to hold that person accountable until it's too late and ends in a firing.

SOCALORADO.
10-25-2010, 10:56 AM
It isn't working. It was saddening to watch Shanny get fired because of the GM issues. It was even sadder to watch McD come in under the same umbrella. You can't have a coach and a GM wrapped up in one, especially a first time coach. It's just too much for one person and there isn't anyone to hold that person accountable until it's too late and ends in a firing.

Agreed. Both Holmgren and Shanny were never truly able to handle the GM/HC gig.

Ravage!!!
10-25-2010, 10:59 AM

Yeah.. this was the biggest shocker of everything. Giving a 32 yr old, first time, HC the full access duties that Bowlen gave was shocking. I think its biting us.

KC went out and hired a top GM. They are making improvements and moving forward.

SOCALORADO.
10-25-2010, 11:03 AM
Yeah.. this was the biggest shocker of everything. Giving a 32 yr old, first time, HC the full access duties that Bowlen gave was shocking. I think its biting us.

KC went out and hired a top GM. They are making improvements and moving forward.

They also hired 3 HCs to run the team.
Thats called rebuilding.

Sure, eventually this will sorta bite them, when a rift will evolve between coaches, but thats normal and to be expected.
Plus Pioli wont let the rift get too bad, knowing all of them, and he will make the neccessary move at that point.

JONtheBRONCO
10-25-2010, 06:54 PM
Question I submitted to Woody Paige @ the Denverpost.

Woodro - Bronco fans deserve something from Pat "MIA" Bowlen. A quote, statment, backing, phrase, ANYTHING... I can't stand the stinch MACdaniels lays from his brown mouth during post-game interviews, or weekly quotes after practice. What in tarnation is going on in Dove Valley? There is no WAY anyone can sit there and tell me the players "haven't quit," on McD. The only thing more devastating, more scary than the Broncos record, is the thought of the players not buying into what MACdaniels is selling. And since its close to Halloween, the SCARIEST thought is the CEO/head hancho fails to address any of that to the loyal fanbase. Tell me. Do you think he'll release some sort of statment????

Response

I have asked for an interview Bowlen. I was told he would speak to me, given your long relationship, if he was speaking to anyone. He's not. There are reasons which you might figure out. Woody Paige

claymore
10-25-2010, 06:57 PM

Woodro - Bronco fans deserve something from Pat "MIA" Bowlen. A quote, statment, backing, phrase, ANYTHING... I can't stand the stinch MACdaniels lays from his brown mouth during post-game interviews, or weekly quotes after practice. What in tarnation is going on in Dove Valley? There is no WAY anyone can sit there and tell me the players "haven't quit," on McD. The only thing more devastating, more scary than the Broncos record, is the thought of the players not buying into what MACdaniels is selling. And since its close to Halloween, the SCARIEST thought is the CEO/head hancho fails to address any of that to the loyal fanbase. Tell me. Do you think he'll release some sort of statment????

Response

I have asked for an interview Bowlen. I was told he would speak to me, given your long relationship, if he was speaking to anyone. He's not. There are reasons which you might figure out. Woody Paige

WOW WTF does that mean.

spikerman
10-25-2010, 06:58 PM

Response

hmm I wonder what in the hell THAT means. :confused:

Edit... damn Clay, you beat me to it.

claymore
10-25-2010, 06:59 PM
If Bowlen has Money issues Im all for a lockout, and regrouping. Take it to the players and make the game more affordable for Joe Six pack. ( I know thats not what will happen)> :D

slim
10-25-2010, 07:01 PM
hmm I wonder what in the hell THAT means. :confused:

Edit... damn Clay, you beat me to it.

It means he is to drunk to talk.

Nomad
10-25-2010, 07:02 PM
If Bowlen has Money issues Im all for a lockout, and regrouping. Take it to the players and make the game more affordable for Joe Six pack. ( I know thats not what will happen)> :D

Or he could just say **** it and sell the team to LA!:shocked::drinking:

spikerman
10-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Re: Slim's post

:laugh::lol::beer::laugh::lol:

spikerman
10-25-2010, 07:03 PM
Or he could just say **** it and sell the team to LA!:shocked::drinking:

I would imagine he's locked into a stadium deal for years. The team won't be going anywhere.

Ravage!!!
10-25-2010, 07:06 PM
WOW WTF does that mean.

I think it means that Bowlen isn't happy, and knows from experience, that you don't give interviews when you are too emotionally charged. He never throws his coaches under the bus, and isn't going to start bad-mouthing them to the media when he's upset. Rather, he's going to let things play out for a little bit, and later will give an interview once the emotions have leveled out, and the fan's emotions aren't on the peak.

When he does give the interview, I promise you right now that no matter HOW he feels, he'll give the glowing support of an owner that stands firmly behind his coach. He'll say that he is NOT happy with how the season is going, BUT, has all the confidence in the world that this coaching staff is working hard on righting the ship.

He'll use all the right words, say all the perfect cliche's, because thats how Bowlen is. He won't let anyone, outside his confident circle, know of any feelings that he may be dissatisfied with his coach.

camdisco24
10-25-2010, 07:14 PM
That's very strange......

JONtheBRONCO
10-25-2010, 07:17 PM
Agree with the Ravage post above. Bowlen will come out and give a glowing endorsement - but remember, when a team struggles (like the 2010 Broncos), usually when the owner comes out and gives full backing, it might as well be the kiss of death. "Sure I believe in Josh and what he is doing. I'm positive he will turn it around."

translation

Yeah, he better get the F'n job done. Because if he doesn't, we'll see ya Josh.

Nomad
10-25-2010, 07:18 PM
That's very strange......

BRONCOS in disstress(your avi)....good one!!

claymore
10-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Or he could just say **** it and sell the team to LA!:shocked::drinking:If he did, Id rather it sooner than later.

I think it means that Bowlen isn't happy, and knows from experience, that you don't give interviews when you are too emotionally charged. He never throws his coaches under the bus, and isn't going to start bad-mouthing them to the media when he's upset. Rather, he's going to let things play out for a little bit, and later will give an interview once the emotions have leveled out, and the fan's emotions aren't on the peak.

When he does give the interview, I promise you right now that no matter HOW he feels, he'll give the glowing support of an owner that stands firmly behind his coach. He'll say that he is NOT happy with how the season is going, BUT, has all the confidence in the world that this coaching staff is working hard on righting the ship.

He'll use all the right words, say all the perfect cliche's, because thats how Bowlen is. He won't let anyone, outside his confident circle, know of any feelings that he may be dissatisfied with his coach.

You're probably right.

Nomad
10-25-2010, 07:21 PM
If he did, Id rather it sooner than later.

You're probably right.

I was being a little humorous!

Yeah, Rav's right!! Then again slim may be right too!!:D

camdisco24
10-25-2010, 07:22 PM
BRONCOS in disstress(your avi)....good one!!

I knew a few people would catch on!!! :D

BroncoTech
10-25-2010, 07:52 PM
I don't know what Bowlen is doing but I would be looking at other coaches if I were him. There's too many good coaches available to put up with this crap. It probably started with 9 men on the field and now they are playing like it a 9 man squad permanently. Seriously heads will roll.

BroncoWave
10-25-2010, 07:55 PM
http://jimmyaquino.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c09fc53ef01156f1ee132970c-800wi

rationalfan
10-25-2010, 08:44 PM
dear time machine,

please hurry up and be invented so i can go back in time and punch myself in the head 2 seconds before i started this thread.

KCL
10-25-2010, 09:56 PM

Hey I hear Carl Peterson is available....:D

ok that isn't funny