PDA

View Full Version : Ad Nauseum

Jagsbch
10-25-2010, 10:16 AM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/575596/09000d5d81b97170_gallery_600_medium.jpg

Kyle Orton once again set the tone for Broncos defeat.

Paul 'Bear' Bryant said it best, the best defense is a good offense.

This is the 3rd game this season where the Broncos have managed to give the opponent virtually an entire quarter more of time of possession.

As a result of insisting that Kyle Orton gives this team its best chance to win, the ceiling of the exposed Broncos could not be dropped any lower, or could it as long as he remains the starter. Why sure it can: and how.

Drive after drive in the first half Orton saw to it that this teams ceiling be driven into the dirt by his lack of clutch play.

Orton has been exposed for his lack of posing as a deep passing threat to the point opponents are stacking more men in the box than th offensive line can block. Garbage Hail Mary passes when the game is all but over does not count.

Fact remains Ortons lack's the "IT" factor.

Teams are keying in on his taking the bait of what they give him underneath while exploiting his high percentage dink and dunk style of play by shutting down the rushing game in the process. Orton may as well be the Broncos weakest link at this point, only two third down conversions the entire game? Really?

Here is yet another breakdown in my broken record of breakdown's

Oak 7 - Zero

Dive 1 Orton throws a pick six on the first offensive play of the game.

Oak 14 - Zero

Drive 2 Growing pains of a rookie fumbling the ball. A good QB makes an allowance for that, by stepping up his play, not Orton.

Oak 21 - Zero

Drive 3 After Moreno Jacks the Raiders for 6 yards, Now only needing to gain 4 yards, Orton in 3 passing attempts 3 passing attempts fails to get a first down, causing the ball to be turned over on downs.

Oak 24 - Zero

Drive 4 Orton not only fails to get a first down with two passing attempts but he managed to get sacked on 3rd down in the process.

Oak 31 - Zero

Drive 5 Orton once again has 2 passing attempts while failing to gain a first down.

Oak Punt

Drive 6 Orton fumbles the ball on the first passing attempt of the drive, Raiders offense wind up with the ball inside the redzone to score yet another TD.

Oak 38 - Zero Game Over

Drive 7 Orton once again has 2 passing attempts while failing to gain a first down.

Oak Punt

Drive 7 Orton once again manages to get his Garbage TD inside 2:00 minutes at the end of the half.

Here we are standing at 2-5 seven week's into the season, a season that was just plunged head long into Davey Jones locker.

A wasted 7 week's that could have been utilized in getting Tim Tebow much needed reps and experience with this young team laying the foundation of the future in the renovation process.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/575605/09000d5d81b95059_gallery_600_medium.jpg

Josh McDaniels needs to stop acting like he has his hands tied. I stayed to the end of the game waiting for Tebow to play, why he refused to give tebow an opportunity to upstage teh mediocre quarterback play of Orton is beyond me. Why not allow him to play in the goal line rather than see the offense go four and out there?

By refusing to start Tebow, Josh has allowed the foundation of this team to possess fissures. The fissures are the result of laying the teams new foundation without the active ingredient of the "IT" factor playing its role as a catalyst to winning.

The lack of the "IT" factor acting as a catalyst in the foundation of this team has caused the entire building of the season thus far to crumble.

Now rather than a winning mindset this team and fan base possess a losing one.

The foundation is missing the "IT" factor Tebow possess. The "IT" factor that takes what the team needs from the opponent rather than settling for what the bait the opponents defense gives.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/575608/tim_tebow_new_york_jets_v_denver_broncos_ymtltds1j-ll_medium.jpg

Tebow possess the "IT" factor Kyle Orton does not.

Bait in the form of the dink and dunk safety blanket of high percentage passing plays that Orton insists on cradling this offense with.

This of course does nothing more than draw the opponent's entire defense to the line of scrimmage and subsequently causing the rushing offense to implode.

Well when the bow breaks the cradle will fall and it has fallen here, IT HAS FALLEN.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R5N61l7GxqI&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R5N61l7GxqI&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

We have wasted 7 weeks this season on Orton, thinking his experience could help us rise above the growing pains. In the end Orton has only rubbed salt in the wounds and causing the pains to be amplified by his lack of clutch play, this team is not in a healing and moving forward frame with Orton at the helm. Ortons presence at the helm has the Broncos actually in a degenerative stay of decay.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/10/25/1772836/ad-nauseum-now-is-the-time-to-start-tim-tebow

topscribe
10-25-2010, 10:57 AM
I wonder why I have taken so much heat for saying it's not ALL Orton's fault,
yet you can start entire threads with your incessant Orton-bashing and your
love fantasies of Tim Tebow . . .

-----

Jagsbch
10-25-2010, 12:26 PM
Kyle Orton is done as the Broncos' quarterback. He just doesn't know it yet...

After a great showing in September, Orton has completed a pathetic 41 percent of his passes for an average of barely 200 yards per game in consecutive losses to the New York Jets and Raiders that have ripped the heart from Denver's will to win...

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16425205

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
10-25-2010, 12:33 PM
This is so ridiculous Kyle Orton is our quarterback Tebow has shown nothing to prove he is ready to handle an NFL team as the starting quarterback. I love Tebow just as much as if not more than everyone else but seriously chill the **** out with this crap. You post this in probably 10 threads a day.

Jagsbch
10-25-2010, 12:47 PM
I will tell you what is rediculous

Starting quarterback Kyle Orton played the fourth quarter and completed 1-of-5 passes — a 46-yarder to Brandon Lloyd. It was the only reception for Lloyd...

Read more: Broncos' McDaniels holds Tebow back with game out of hand - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16424512#ixzz13OU5jziA

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
10-25-2010, 01:51 PM
I will tell you what is rediculous

Starting quarterback Kyle Orton played the fourth quarter and completed 1-of-5 passes — a 46-yarder to Brandon Lloyd. It was the only reception for Lloyd...

Read more: Broncos' McDaniels holds Tebow back with game out of hand - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16424512#ixzz13OU5jziA

That's great we can find an article to support any decision at this point. Why throw Tebow into the fire? Why should we watch the poor guy fall apart. He's a project we all knew that in the draft, and he will be great but its going to take time. You can't let a guy get eaten a live in a game thats out of hand. Do you want to see Tebow hurt? Are you a Broncos fan or a Tebow fan?

Jagsbch
10-25-2010, 02:25 PM
That's great we can find an article to support any decision at this point. Why throw Tebow into the fire? Why should we watch the poor guy fall apart. He's a project we all knew that in the draft, and he will be great but its going to take time. You can't let a guy get eaten a live in a game thats out of hand. Do you want to see Tebow hurt? Are you a Broncos fan or a Tebow fan?

I am about to hurl.

Why throw Tebow in the fire? It is week 8, season is over with Orton at the helm. Time for Tebow to strut his stuff.

BTW Tebow is not a project, "we" Speak foryourself, there are plenty of WE out there who clearly believe otherwise.

topscribe
10-25-2010, 02:27 PM
I am about to hurl.

Why throw Tebow in the fire? It is week 8, season is over with Orton at the helm. Time for Tebow to strut his stuff.

BTW Tebow is not a project, "we" Speak foryourself, there are plenty of WE out there who clearly believe otherwise.

I apologize for Charlie. There must be at least three or four of you who worship Tebow.

Fact is, McDaniels hasn't let Tebow even throw a pass out of the "wild horses."
That doesn't speak much of confidence - and McDaniels sees Tebow every day.

-----

I Eat Staples
10-25-2010, 02:29 PM
Once we fire McD we'll get a real coach that will want a real QB of the future.

I just hope Bowlen doesn't insist on keeping Tebow. If he does, we probably won't get a good coach, because no winning coach is going to want Tebow as their franchise QB.

Jagsbch
10-25-2010, 02:31 PM
All I know is calling a QB with the 4-year NCAA Division 1A Passer Efficiency record, a "project" is dumb

Jagsbch
10-25-2010, 02:38 PM
Once we fire McD we'll get a real coach that will want a real QB of the future.

I just hope Bowlen doesn't insist on keeping Tebow. If he does, we probably won't get a good coach, because no winning coach is going to want Tebow as their franchise QB.

Shanahan picked Cutler, That is what he left McDaniels to work with, that along with a mediocre team that needed rebuilding.

McDaniels is just picking up the pieces of a crappy team that Shanahan left. Now all the fans want to bag on McDaniels for cleaning up the mess Shanahan left.

Karma is clearly having its way with this fan base. Can't say it did not have it coming from my view. What a bunch of haters.

topscribe
10-25-2010, 02:38 PM
All I know is calling a QB with the 4-year NCAA Division 1A Passer Efficiency record, a "project" is dumb

This is not college. The players are bigger, stronger, faster, and meaner than
those in college. And defenses are far more sophisticated. When you point to
stats in college, I can't help but to think of the Heisman Trophy winners who
went on to bust in the NFL. College doesn't necessarily mean a thing . . .

-----

BroncoStud
10-25-2010, 02:40 PM
Tebow probably isn't ready, but when Denver is elimnated from the playoffs, which is essentially right now, why not start him? We know what Kyle Orton is, and he has reached his ceiling.

topscribe
10-25-2010, 02:42 PM
Tebow probably isn't ready, but when Denver is elimnated from the playoffs, which is essentially right now, why not start him? We know what Kyle Orton is, and he has reached his ceiling.

Denver is not eliminated from the playoffs.

-----

Jagsbch
10-25-2010, 02:44 PM

-----

Welcome to my ignore list I will clearly not be missing a thing. DOH

I Eat Staples
10-25-2010, 02:51 PM

-----

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Shanahan picked Cutler, That is what he left McDaniels to work with, that along with a mediocre team that needed rebuilding.

McDaniels is just picking up the pieces of a crappy team that Shanahan left. Now all the fans want to bag on McDaniels for cleaning up the mess Shanahan left.

Karma is clearly having its way with this fan base. Can't say it did not have it coming from my view. What a bunch of haters.

You probably didn't even watch the Broncos until this year, so why the hell are you pretending to know what you're talking about? Our defense and RBs needed to be rebuilt. McD ignored our defense and rebuilt our offense, essentially leaving us right now in the same state we were in 2008, if not worse. And the RB he drafted is slow and injury-prone.

And insulting our fan base? Get out then. You clearly don't consider yourself a member of the Broncos fan base so why are you here?

Most comical ignore ever. You ignored him for making a valid point that shot down your crackpot theory.

topscribe
10-25-2010, 03:04 PM

The fact you were personally offended by this says volumes about you . . .

-----

KCL
10-25-2010, 03:04 PM

LMAO...You're either clueless or arrogant...I don't know which..maybe both.

Jagsbch
10-25-2010, 03:16 PM
Most comical ignore ever. You ignored him for making a valid point.

I did not ignore him for his point which is nothing more than a blathering echoes of the obvious, lets just say he had it coming... When I find myself being forced to delete entire replies so as not to bring down the wrath of the moderators on me, well the best thing to do is hit ignore. Ignorance truly is bliss.

Make no mistake about it. My point was valid. If the a QB with the 4-year NCAA Division 1A Passer Efficiency record, is regarded as a "project" despite gaining that record in the SEC, then what does that make any other QB coming out of college?

Tebow is ready, more so than Peyton Manning was.

missingnumber7
10-25-2010, 03:24 PM
I did not ignore him for his point which is nothing more than a blathering echoes of the obvious, lets just say he had it coming... When I find myself being forced to delete entire replies so as not to bring down the wrath of the moderators on me, well the best thing to do is hit ignore. Ignorance truly is bliss.

Make no mistake about it. My point was valid. If the a QB with the 4-year NCAA Division 1A Passer Efficiency record, is regarded as a "project" despite gaining that record in the SEC, then what does that make any other QB coming out of college?

Are you ready for Tebow to Suck...to get picked left and right, to look like crap on a weekly basis? Because if we see the same tebow that showed up during the preseason, 59 points is just the start of the lambasting we will see from teams with average defenses. Tebow didn't look good as a passer against 2nd and 3rd string Preaseason players who aren't in the league anymore, what makes you think that he's going to be good in this league? And If you are going to point out his college reccord you might as well be one of those idiots that was sitting in front of me at the jets game wearing Florida gear and doing that damn gator actions when he scored. There is a reason that of all the plays that he was in against the jets he threw ZERO passes. But if you want him in there lets put him in by all means, maybe then the all you folks with Tebowners will realize that the SEC is not greater than the NFL.

GEM
10-25-2010, 03:26 PM

:shocked: Did he really just say that?:shocked:

BAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :lol:

topscribe
10-25-2010, 03:29 PM
And the RB he drafted is slow and injury-prone.

Thank you for your post.

However, I have to inject that Moreno was the one player who didn't look slow
yesterday, at least from my view . . .

-----

rcsodak
10-25-2010, 03:30 PM

Bradford>TT
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

KCL
10-25-2010, 03:33 PM
:shocked: Did he really just say that?:shocked:

BAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :lol:

:laugh:

I thought the same thing when I read that.

Lancane
10-25-2010, 03:35 PM
Thank you for your post.

-----

Moreno was trying his ass off, the problem was that the brainchild McDuh has a fast paced tailback better fit for the ZBS system playing the majority time in a Powerblocking scheme that is a better fit for a power tailback. Moreno is better in pulling or the outside running plays, even in the passing game, if we had a power tailback like Hillis or White still, then we could mix it up and I could see Moreno having a few big runs a game.

rcsodak
10-25-2010, 03:36 PM

OMG....ROTFLMAO.....TIPMP.......HOOO HOOOO HEEE HEEEEE HAAA HAAAAAAA

I Eat Staples
10-25-2010, 03:42 PM

SEC defenses aren't NFL defenses. Florida's offense isn't an NFL offense. Hell, even McD's spread offense is more complicated than Urban Meyer's.

Saying Tebow is more ready than Peyton Manning was is a joke. When discussing Orton, you're the first to say that numbers aren't everything. And yet you defend Tebow with college numbers.

Thank you for your post.

-----

Well to be honest, I stopped paying much attention after the first quarter, and then turned the game off at halftime. First time I've ever done that, and I hope it never happens again. If Moreno looked fast then either it's a good sign, or the rest of our players just sucked so badly that he stood out.

My biggest problem with Moreno is his lack of burst through the line of scrimmage. If it's just a matter of confidence and decisiveness, then it's not a good thing, but it can be fixed. However, I fear that Moreno just lacks that second or third gear that many HBs today possess.

topscribe
10-25-2010, 03:42 PM
OMG....ROTFLMAO.....TIPMP.......HOOO HOOOO HEEE HEEEEE HAAA HAAAAAAA

Deep breaths, RC. Deep breaths . . . :D

-----

topscribe
10-25-2010, 03:47 PM
SEC defenses aren't NFL defenses. Florida's offense isn't an NFL offense. Hell, even McD's spread offense is more complicated than Urban Meyer's.

Saying Tebow is more ready than Peyton Manning was is a joke. When discussing Orton, you're the first to say that numbers aren't everything. And yet you defend Tebow with college numbers.

Well to be honest, I stopped paying much attention after the first quarter, and then turned the game off at halftime. First time I've ever done that, and I hope it never happens again. If Moreno looked fast then either it's a good sign, or the rest of our players just sucked so badly that he stood out.

My biggest problem with Moreno is his lack of burst through the line of scrimmage. If it's just a matter of confidence and decisiveness, then it's not a good thing, but it can be fixed. However, I fear that Moreno just lacks that second or third gear that many HBs today possess.

The highlight of Moreno's 27-yard TD can be viewed over at NFL Highlights (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81b957a8/Moreno-27-yard-TD-catch).
His acceleration really surprised me. Might give you some hope there . . .

-----

Lancane
10-25-2010, 03:49 PM

It would help if the fat guys up front could actually open a hole, which is the prowess of the zone blocking scheme, re-watch the running plays for most of this season and you'll see that our hogs are winning at the line of scrimmage but can not maintain a gap or hole for long, they close too quickly and that leaves the backs at a disadvantage, especially for a shifty and fast paced tailback like Moreno, he nearly had a 1,000 rookie season behind the ZBS line we fielded last season, we change to a powerblocking scheme and we can not get a run game started for shit and Moreno half the time is running straight into defenders...again this is because of the changes made by McDaniels.

topscribe
10-25-2010, 03:51 PM
It would help if the fat guys up front could actually open a hole, which is the prowess of the zone blocking scheme, re-watch the running plays for most of this season and you'll see that our hogs are winning at the line of scrimmage but can not maintain a gap or hole for long, they close too quickly and that leaves the backs at a disadvantage, especially for a shifty and fast paced tailback like Moreno, he nearly had a 1,000 rookie season behind the ZBS line we fielded last season, we change to a powerblocking scheme and we can not get a run game started for shit and Moreno half the time is running straight into defenders...again this is because of the changes made by McDaniels.

It reminds me of the adage, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

The ZBS was not broke(n).

-----

I Eat Staples
10-25-2010, 03:54 PM
The highlight of Moreno's 27-yard TD can be viewed over at NFL Highlights (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81b957a8/Moreno-27-yard-TD-catch).
His acceleration really surprised me. Might give you some hope there . . .

-----

That was definitely good acceleration, and his cutback near the endzone was a good and fast one. Certainly better than what I've seen from him so far for the most part.

The only slight downside is that it was off a screen pass. I'd like to see Moreno find a hole and run like that through it. In his defense, with the way our O-Line has been run blocking, I'm not sure a monster truck could gain positive yardage.

Right now I view Moreno as a serviceable third down/receiving back. I hope he can improve along with our OLine and become a solid every down back.

topscribe
10-25-2010, 03:56 PM
That was definitely good acceleration, and his cutback near the endzone was a good and fast one. Certainly better than what I've seen from him so far for the most part.

The only slight downside is that it was off a screen pass. I'd like to see Moreno find a hole and run like that through it. In his defense, with the way our O-Line has been run blocking, I'm not sure a monster truck could gain positive yardage.

Right now I view Moreno as a serviceable third down/receiving back. I hope he can improve along with our OLine and become a solid every down back.

Well, one point I picked up from your posts: Bobby Turner taught his RBs that,
if there was no hole, say to hell with it and bust in there hard as you can. There
is just too much dancing back there, from Maroney and, to a lesser extent
(but still too much), Moreno, IMO.

-----

G_Money
10-25-2010, 04:12 PM
It's also line coaching, IMO. I think Barone was a terrible choice to coach a man blocking scheme. I thought so at the time, and couldn't figure out why a career NFL tight-ends coach was working with our new man-up power-blocking OL. "Well he helped coach the OL in Atlanta." Let me guess, during the ZONE blocking run of Alex Gibbs right? Yep.

Before that? All small-college work. Texas State, Houston and Wyoming.

I just don't like the technique we have for holding gaps. I haven't seen us apply any of this apparent extra strength we were supposed to get. The rookies are lost. The vets are lost. Sometimes we pass-block okay and other times we're idiots. We can't drive anyone off the ball. Basic technique for leveraging power just doesn't seem to be there - or else the power isn't there and we need different players.

Either way I don't like it, and I'm VERY dis-satisfied with the job he's doing. I understand we've been injured, but there are ways to compensate, and even when we have a full complement of blockers we're flat-out not getting the job done.

~G

BigDaddyBronco
10-25-2010, 04:15 PM
It reminds me of the adage, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

The ZBS was not broke(n).

-----
It was in the redzone and in short yardage, but the McD solution hasn't worked either. :confused:

topscribe
10-25-2010, 04:16 PM
It was in the redzone and in short yardage, but the McD solution hasn't worked either. :confused:

That is where we needed Hillis, IMO. But maybe LenDale White can come back?

-----

Northman
10-25-2010, 04:17 PM
Im still amazed anyone still humors this clown.

BigDaddyBronco
10-25-2010, 04:18 PM
Im still amazed anyone still humors this clown.

I know I can get annoying.... :D

Northman
10-25-2010, 04:18 PM
I know I can get annoying.... :D

Your hardly a problem. Your just wrong a lot. :D

RAIDERS
10-25-2010, 04:21 PM
LMAO.

That sucks this fake fan plagues your forums with his bleacher report articles. :lol:

BigDaddyBronco
10-25-2010, 04:21 PM
Your hardly a problem. Your just wrong a lot. :D
The season isn't over yet. :D

missingnumber7
10-25-2010, 04:22 PM
Well, one point I picked up from your posts: Bobby Turner taught his RBs that,
if there was no hole, say to hell with it and bust in there hard as you can. There
is just too much dancing back there, from Maroney and, to a lesser extent
(but still too much), Moreno, IMO.

-----

I didn't get to watch the game this week, but in other weeks the problem that I have seen from Maroney is that he is slow to the hole and by the time he gets there he dances to try to create something. I know he has explosiveness and speed, but I don't get why he takes so long to get to the hole. Was that still a problem this week?

topscribe
10-25-2010, 04:23 PM
LMAO.

That sucks this fake fan plagues your forums with his bleacher report articles. :lol:

He's even infested MHR. :sad:

-----

RAIDERS
10-25-2010, 04:24 PM
He's even infested MHR. :sad:

-----

I'm apart of another Broncos board and a few neutral boards, and he's everywhere posting this stuff LOL... 'cept he got banned from your main Broncos site :lol:

topscribe
10-25-2010, 04:25 PM
I didn't get to watch the game this week, but in other weeks the problem that I have seen from Maroney is that he is slow to the hole and by the time he gets there he dances to try to create something. I know he has explosiveness and speed, but I don't get why he takes so long to get to the hole. Was that still a problem this week?

Maroney didn't run at all, IIRC. It was all Moreno, who looked pretty good,
except that, as I previously mentioned, he danced around a bit too much when
there wasn't a hole. If there isn't one, he needs to go hell-bent-for-leather
straight ahead and create as much violence as he can. Dancing won't get it . . .

-----

LTC Pain
10-25-2010, 04:25 PM
LMAO.

Actually you've only seen the half of it. If TT was thrown to the NFL wolves right now like Jagsbags wants he would probably go 6-40 passing, no TDs, 3 INTs, realize a loss and end up on IR. Thankfully Coach McDaniels is smart enough not to do that. But you know who JagsBags would blame if that occurred? Everyone but TT.

oubronco
10-25-2010, 04:28 PM
[QUOTE=CHARLIEADAMSFAN;1101649]This is so ridiculous Kyle Orton is our quarterback Tebow has shown nothing to prove he is ready to handle an NFL team as the starting quarterback.QUOTE]

This says it all