PDA

View Full Version : What really hurts

horsepig
10-24-2010, 11:26 PM
What really hurts about all this;

In 73 &74 our coach was John Ralston, a breath of fresh air out of Utah and Stanford. He had the unmitigated gall to use the Broncos 1'st pick on a corner, Louie Wright. He built a damn good team that ultimately rebelled on him and the team hired Red Miller.

That 76' team went to the SB. A few tears later they replaced Red with a goofy cracker named Daqn Reeves. Reeves proceded to drive all us fans crazy with his ultra-conservative game. Reeves received probably the best gift in the history of theleague when they basically traded for Elway over a cup of coffee.

3 SBs later they fire Reeves abd hire the cuddly one, Wade Phillips. Here came Mike Shannahan and the Elway juggernaut abd 2 SB wins.

For 30 years the Broncos were one of the elite franchises as far as competiveness goes.

Now we're an afterthought, even a joke.

I see no relief in sight. Is Tebow the guy? I think he will be, but we can't see him throw a pass even in the worst beatdown in recent NFL memory.

PAINTERDAVE
10-24-2010, 11:55 PM
Dude... I feel your pain.

However... throwing a rookie to the wolves..
unprepared... no game plan designed for him...

to let those thugs tee off on him and decimate him behind that ineffective line...

all that would have done is to give the Raiders more glory.

To allow them to say...

"I knocked Tebow down!"

" I intercepted Tebow's first pass!"

" I gave that rookie a concussion!"

Adding that to the mix today would have made it worse.

weazel
10-25-2010, 12:09 AM
what really hurts is when I masturbate with a cheese grater

horsepig
10-25-2010, 12:18 AM
Weaz' you're a doofus. LOL

KCL
10-25-2010, 06:13 AM
what really hurts is when I masturbate with a cheese grater
:eek:
Is that what the loss to the Raiders felt like?

Dzone
10-25-2010, 07:08 AM
Just curious, was that the worst beating in recent NFL history? Indeed it had to be one of the alltime worst. We were lucky it wasnt 66-14..it almost was

Dreadnought
10-25-2010, 07:18 AM
Dude... I feel your pain.

However... throwing a rookie to the wolves..
unprepared... no game plan designed for him...

to let those thugs tee off on him and decimate him behind that ineffective line...

all that would have done is to give the Raiders more glory.

To allow them to say...

"I knocked Tebow down!"

" I intercepted Tebow's first pass!"

" I gave that rookie a concussion!"

Adding that to the mix today would have made it worse.

Couldn't agree more. Tebow may or may not be the future (I'm cautiously optimistic) but it would have served no purpose letting him get mauled in that embarrassment yesterday. The time will come for him to prove himself, but it wasn't October 24th, 2010.

CrazyHorse
10-25-2010, 07:28 AM
Just curious, was that the worst beating in recent NFL history? Indeed it had to be one of the alltime worst. We were lucky it wasnt 66-14..it almost was

Last year the the Patriots beat the Titans 59-0.
As far as just the Broncos, our most recent blowouts include 44-24 to the Chiefs last year at home and 52-21 in 2008 to the Chargers.

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
10-25-2010, 12:42 PM
This all just makes me sick...

T.K.O.
10-25-2010, 02:09 PM
charlie adams signed my hat after a broncos/niners preseason game a couple years ago:elefant:

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
10-25-2010, 02:20 PM
charlie adams signed my hat after a broncos/niners preseason game a couple years ago:elefant:

Haha Charlie's the man... When I was in like 7th grade I went to Elway's enshrinement, Charlie gave my dad a call and had us go to the Broncos hotel. He gave me a Broncos practice shirt signed by my favorite Bronco at the Time Jake Plummer and himself. He brought me to that hotel where I met most of the team. Such a good guy