PDA

View Full Version : Positives from today's game

BroncoWave
10-24-2010, 06:37 PM
Just kidding lol. We suck out loud. :lol:

Nomad
10-24-2010, 06:39 PM
Weather was nice and the cheerleaders looked good!!

scott.475
Nobody died during the game.

Northman
I was getting ready to blast you BTB. But, at least your honest unlike a couple of old fogies i know.

topscribe
10-24-2010, 06:40 PM
It's over.

-----

claymore
10-24-2010, 06:40 PM

Al Davis might have. Im sure this is how he'd wanna go out.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-24-2010, 06:41 PM

I did... well just a little more inside. I always do with a loss, but losses like this really kill me...

BroncoAV06
10-24-2010, 06:42 PM
I am thinking of doing community service on Sundays now! That's positive.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Nomad
10-24-2010, 06:42 PM

Excitement and smiling may be what sends him down!!:D

Day1BroncoFan
10-24-2010, 06:44 PM
Our final score wasn't 0.

scott.475
10-24-2010, 06:45 PM

He's been dead for years already. He sleeps in the Pet Sematary and just keeps coming back is all.

BroncoWave
10-24-2010, 06:46 PM
Our final score wasn't 0.

And we kept them from setting the scoring record! :elefant:

broncogirl7
10-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Not a damn thing, other than the end of the 4th quarter!!!!

broncobryce
10-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Moreno scored 2 TD's.

scott.475
10-24-2010, 06:48 PM
It is raining buckets here in Seattle (it's an "everything is relative" kinda thing)

scott.475
10-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Moreno scored 2 TD's.

2 RECEIVING tds :D

Dean
10-24-2010, 06:52 PM
I thought that Marcus Thomas had a solid game.

topscribe
10-24-2010, 06:55 PM
They had that fast start they worked so hard on this week.

Oh wait . . .

-----

scott.475
10-24-2010, 06:57 PM
Peyton Hillis ran for...oh wait, wrong game...

Slick
10-24-2010, 06:57 PM
I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall in Bowlen's suite today.

scott.475
10-24-2010, 06:58 PM
They had that fast start they worked so hard on this week.

Oh wait . . .

-----

They didn't clarify they meant a fast start for us, not providing one for the other guys :lol:

claymore
10-24-2010, 06:59 PM
I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall in Bowlen's suite today.

Me too. Whole lotta lip smacking durring that meeting!

Cugel
10-24-2010, 07:00 PM
The only thing that would be a positive after this game!

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0421/nfl_ap_jmcdaniels1_576.jpg

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/donald%20trump%20you%27re%20fired.jpg

topscribe
10-24-2010, 07:30 PM
I'm not totally out of beer . . .

-----

Medford Bronco
10-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Our QB did not throw 4 picks in a game

jlarsiii
10-24-2010, 07:43 PM
Orton threw a beautiful touchdown pass with his first throw. Set the tone for the whole afternoon!:shocked:

topscribe
10-24-2010, 07:45 PM
It's not November yet . . .

(McDaniels had said they want to play their best football in November and December.)

-----

I Eat Staples
10-24-2010, 07:48 PM
I was getting ready to blast you BTB. But, at least your honest unlike a couple of old fogies i know.

Lol I was thinking the same thing. I was ready to verbally rape anything involving the word positive.

I think it's safe to close the positives only gameday thread.

topscribe
10-24-2010, 07:51 PM
I just saved a lot of money on my car insurance . . .

-----

I Eat Staples
10-24-2010, 07:53 PM
I just saved a lot of money on my car insurance . . .

-----

By switching to Geico?

spikerman
10-24-2010, 07:54 PM
Orton's first pick hit the Raider right between the numbers and seemed to have plenty of zip!

Also, the Broncos didn't give up any points on the Raiders' kneel down. I think that gives them something to build on for next week.

OldschoolFreak
10-24-2010, 08:35 PM
SD lost. That's always nice.

But there's a real one too. I think--we finally have a true litmus test ahead of us that will show us if the current build out of the organization is talented but young and mistake prone OR simply a house of cards.

Believe it or not, that is next week, not today. Do we accept or fat, listen to the pundits that we evacuated the talent and the system has failed or do we have the mental fortitude to bounce back, treat this as a watershed event and finally start competing? If it's the former, I suspect the wheels will quickly come off the wagon. That's certainly a very real possibility.

But if we step away from our current states of agitated emotion, revulsion, puking, etc. long enough to consider the possibility of the latter, then maybe we can entertain the once-held optimism that there might still be some upside to this team. No, we won't finish 9-0.But if we do have the toughness to bounce back against the team that just a week ago made these Raiders look like a JV team offensively, then what? 5-3 after a London win doesn't seem preposterous to me.

So yes, this was gut-wrenching. Without hyperbole I can fairly consider this as possibly the worst game I've ever seen the Broncos play. But if you look at today with a level head (indeed, very hard to do), you have to see this as an opportunity of sorts. Rarely do you get the chance to show heart, drop the soft label we've had for years, and bounce back from a drubbing of this magnitude. The ability to respond could in fact prove a starting point for clawing our way out of 4-12 mediocrity.

BroncoWave
10-24-2010, 08:36 PM
Another positive is that (ironically enough) this loss has united the fans on here more than any win we've had this season! :lol:

O-ManePunisher
10-24-2010, 08:46 PM
I ate some good boneless wings during the game :whoo:

HORSEPOWER 56
10-24-2010, 09:14 PM
Orton's first pick hit the Raider right between the numbers and seemed to have plenty of zip!

Also, the Broncos didn't give up any points on the Raiders' kneel down. I think that gives them something to build on for next week.

Actually it was a mirror image of the pick six Cutler threw to Deangelo Hall today. Under pressure, throwing off his back foot, late, to a WR on an out route and voila! Pick Six every time!

weazel
10-24-2010, 09:15 PM
the field was in excellent condition!

weazel
10-24-2010, 09:15 PM
I was able to start drinking myself into a stuper alot earlier than most losses!

spikerman
10-24-2010, 09:17 PM
Actually it was a mirror image of the pick six Cutler threw to Deangelo Hall today. Under pressure, throwing off his back foot, late, to a WR on an out route and voila! Pick Six every time!

I don't care what you say, it was a beautiful spiral. (I'm staying positive) :D

scott.475
10-24-2010, 09:27 PM
It was the most relaxing game I have watched in awhile. Once they went up 28 points on us I had no expectation of winning. I ended the game not wanting to kick a small puppy or throw the neighbor's cat off a bridge...EMOTIONAL WIN!

BroncoWave
10-24-2010, 09:34 PM
It was the most relaxing game I have watched in awhile. Once they went up 28 points on us I had no expectation of winning. I ended the game not wanting to kick a small puppy or throw the neighbor's cat off a bridge...EMOTIONAL WIN!

Same for me, I just started laughing after 21-0. Blowout losses never really make me mad. It's the ones that we should win and give away that really sting me. There's really nothing you can do but laugh after a game like today.

I'm just thankful that I have Mississippi State to keep me happy this season. Never though I'd see the say where they were 6-2 and the Broncos were 2-5.

Cugel
10-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Same for me, I just started laughing after 21-0. Blowout losses never really make me mad. It's the ones that we should win and give away that really sting me. There's really nothing you can do but laugh after a game like today.

Being blown out by a CRAPPY team that they should beat in their sleep DOES make me mad. This wasn't the world champs (who looked quite mortal today BTW), but a team that:

1. is in total disarray having been beaten like a gong the previous week

2. who had a QB controversy between two useless QBs

3. With a defense that couldn't stop anybody

4. An offense that was adept at turning the ball over.

If ever a team was ready to fold on the season, it was the Raiders coming into today.

Instead it was the Broncos who gave up and rolled over to die.

For those who think beating the 1-5 49ers is going to prove anything next week, forget it.

Only beating the Chargers and Chiefs will resurrect this corpse of a team before McDaniels is FIRED!

Bosco
10-24-2010, 11:12 PM

I laughed out loud at this, but sadly it's basically true.

Jaws
10-25-2010, 04:12 AM
My internet was down.

Lonestar
10-25-2010, 09:05 AM
SD lost. That's always nice.

But there's a real one too. I think--we finally have a true litmus test ahead of us that will show us if the current build out of the organization is talented but young and mistake prone OR simply a house of cards.

Believe it or not, that is next week, not today. Do we accept or fat, listen to the pundits that we evacuated the talent and the system has failed or do we have the mental fortitude to bounce back, treat this as a watershed event and finally start competing? If it's the former, I suspect the wheels will quickly come off the wagon. That's certainly a very real possibility.

But if we step away from our current states of agitated emotion, revulsion, puking, etc. long enough to consider the possibility of the latter, then maybe we can entertain the once-held optimism that there might still be some upside to this team. No, we won't finish 9-0.But if we do have the toughness to bounce back against the team that just a week ago made these Raiders look like a JV team offensively, then what? 5-3 after a London win doesn't seem preposterous to me.

So yes, this was gut-wrenching. Without hyperbole I can fairly consider this as possibly the worst game I've ever seen the Broncos play. But if you look at today with a level head (indeed, very hard to do), you have to see this as an opportunity of sorts. Rarely do you get the chance to show heart, drop the soft label we've had for years, and bounce back from a drubbing of this magnitude. The ability to respond could in fact prove a starting point for clawing our way out of 4-12 mediocrity.

A great post at least one of two in this thread so far.

It bears repeating. :salute:

Lonestar
10-25-2010, 09:07 AM
Another positive is that (ironically enough) this loss has united the fans on here more than any win we've had this season! :lol:

Tis sad to say. More have gone to the dark side.

turftoad
10-25-2010, 09:10 AM
Tis sad to say. More have gone to the dark side.

The lowly Raiders set a record for scoring, 59 points in franchise history.

Don't see any bright side to it.

camdisco24
10-25-2010, 09:39 AM
It was great to see the local high school team dressed in Broncos uniforms getting to play against a pro team! What a great experience for them!

FansinceElway
10-25-2010, 09:49 AM
I must admit when I saw that thread I was intrigued.

Dreadnought
10-25-2010, 09:52 AM
It was great to see the local high school team dressed in Broncos uniforms getting to play against a pro team! What a great experience for them!

Yes, we could tell the weren't Special Olympians because they would have all gotten trophies at the end

Lonestar
10-25-2010, 09:55 AM
The lowly Raiders set a record for scoring, 59 points in franchise history.

Don't see any bright side to it.

Wow I guess this is the first blow out game Y'all have seen.

its happened before and will happen again.

Take a number.

turftoad
10-25-2010, 10:03 AM

Take a number.

I wish someone would please tell me again and again how excited we are supposed to be about how McD fixed the D line in free agency and how he fixed the O line during the draft.

We are 2-5 this year and 4-13 int he last 17 games.

Boy, I'm really excited now. :tsk:

FansinceElway
10-25-2010, 10:04 AM
Yeah, I still remember the 55-10 super bowl blowout, thats worse but only because it was in the superbowl.

Dreadnought
10-25-2010, 10:10 AM
Yeah, I still remember the 55-10 super bowl blowout, thats worse but only because it was in the superbowl.

This one is worse. More embarrassing. Its the Raiders, they suck, and the 49ers were amongst the greatest teams ever assembled. The 89 Broncos were simply outmatched. This team quit.

This is the worst loss in team History, bar none.

BigDaddyBronco
10-25-2010, 10:12 AM
This one is worse. More embarrassing. Its the Raiders, they suck, and the 49ers were amongst the greatest teams ever assembled. The 89 Broncos were simply outmatched. This team quit.

The loss to the Redskins was worse. Stakes were bigger and we were in that game until that 2nd quarter.

That 2nd quarter looked like the entire game yesterday.

BroncoWave
10-25-2010, 10:16 AM

Take a number.

Dude, get real. This wasn't just another blowout loss. We gave up 59 points to the Raiders. 59!!! We allowed one of the worst teams in the NFL to set their FRANCHISE RECORD for points in a game. The fact that you can defend anything about this astounds me.

Dreadnought
10-25-2010, 10:16 AM
The loss to the Redskins was worse. Stakes were bigger and we were in that game until that 2nd quarter.

That 2nd quarter looked like the entire game yesterday.

I think the Redskins game is the better argument as a nightmare than the 49ers game. They aren't the Raiders, though. My hate for them is too deep and strong. The Skins caught lightning in a bottle that day. Yesterday afternoon our team simply quit playing against a hated and weak rival

Slick
10-25-2010, 10:42 AM
There's no excuses for this JR.

These are his guys with his gameplan that got the shit beat out of them by a not very good football team. Watch what happens to the Raiders next week.

rcsodak
10-25-2010, 04:57 PM

Psychotherapy will tell you the last loss is always the toughest. Then the 3steps to grieving....blah blah blah.....
Guess what step you're all at.

rcsodak
10-25-2010, 05:02 PM
There's no excuses for this JR.

These are his guys with his gameplan that got the shit beat out of them by a not very good football team. Watch what happens to the Raiders next week.
Have you looked at the players on that team? The fact they've had shit coaches shouldn't detract from the fact that they are loaded with talent, both young and older. Frankly, I thought they'd win or at least push for the division if their QB played good. I was HOPING they'd suck.

frauschieze
10-25-2010, 05:04 PM
Psychotherapy will tell you the last loss is always the toughest. Then the 3steps to grieving....blah blah blah.....
Guess what step you're all at.

I'd rather be at Anger than Denial.

rcsodak
10-25-2010, 05:11 PM
I'd rather be at Anger than Denial.
Pretty sure denial is getting skipped this time.

frauschieze
10-25-2010, 05:14 PM
Pretty sure denial is getting skipped this time.

By a majority, I'd agree. :)