PDA

View Full Version : Time to Bring in Parcells

Ziggy
10-24-2010, 05:55 PM
I've been as patient as anyone with McD, but watching the Raiders dominate us in the trenches again is the straw that broke the camel's back. It's time to bring in a real GM. One that will draft the big nasties rather than going for the sexy picks. Let him pick his coach and quit pissing away high draft picks on skill players.

Shazam!
10-24-2010, 06:05 PM
I'd be all for Parcells, but IMO no way he'll come here.

TheDave
10-24-2010, 06:20 PM
Gruden? Cowher? Maybe try and wrestle Urban Meyer from Florida?

Hell I don't know, this is just un****ing believable.

JaxBroncoGirl
10-24-2010, 06:21 PM
I do not know the answer. With the entire team breaking down, the coaching staff breaking down, showing our weakness in the ranks of coaching, all I can say is WOW. We have many good players hurt, yet we come into this game very unprepared. It is very much a disappointment and embarrassment.

TheDave
10-24-2010, 06:25 PM
Unfortunately folks, Games like this get coaches fired.

Barring a significant turn around this season... We might have seen the beginning of the end.

nevcraw
10-24-2010, 06:31 PM
I was thinking Parcells today too -- never thought I would either..

I'd want MCD to stay but Parcells could run the FO and reshape the whole org.

Alas - It will never happen because Ellis is running shop these days and will not want to be pushed out..

I am not going to overreact to that ass whoopin today if we can turn it around from here but I do think a strong football mind with a blueprint for an org is needed...
we look to be running in quick sand over the last 5 years and it has to stop..

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
10-24-2010, 06:38 PM
Gruden? Cowher? Maybe try and wrestle Urban Meyer from Florida?

Hell I don't know, this is just un****ing believable.

Let's not overreact to this but take it in a rational way. If he didn't feel pressure before he's definitely feeling it now.

Cowher wants the New York job from all I've heard from Bettis etc.
Gruden I'm not sure that might be possible, but I don't know how badly I want him.
Urban Meyer... no way.. that's almost idiotic for thinking. We don't need to add to the list that contains Bobby Petrino, Lane Kiffen, Steve Spurier (I know I spelt that wrong) and more.

Something is going to happen this week in my opinion. Someone will be fired demoted or something. I do not think its McD but we have an interesting week ahead of us

Dirk
10-24-2010, 06:41 PM
I would take Gruden in a heartbeat.

If anyone gets fired/demoted....Martindale. The defense looked absolutely putrid. I have never seen a denver defense play that poorly. O'l "wink" better hide in a locker!

TheDave
10-24-2010, 06:44 PM
Let's not overreact to this but take it in a rational way. If he didn't feel pressure before he's definitely feeling it now.

Cowher wants the New York job from all I've heard from Bettis etc.
Gruden I'm not sure that might be possible, but I don't know how badly I want him.
Urban Meyer... no way.. that's almost idiotic for thinking. We don't need to add to the list that contains Bobby Petrino, Lane Kiffen, Steve Spurier (I know I spelt that wrong) and more.

Something is going to happen this week in my opinion. Someone will be fired demoted or something. I do not think its McD but we have an interesting week ahead of us

Boss, I'm just throwing names out there.

and if you think Urban Meyer is nuts, He and McD might be the only people who really believe Tebow is a pro QB. Most other coaches (especially new ones) aren't going to hitch their wagon a player like him.

If McD does get fired (end of season)... I would expect to see some unique names on our short list.

TimTebow15MVP
10-24-2010, 06:48 PM
bring in parcells, bring in gruden, and your contenders.........trade kyle orton, trade champ bailey and you have a ton of picks in the early rounds. already got 4 in the first 3 rounds. trade bailey and orton. let tebow do his thing. we have talent around tebow for him to succeed in his 2nd year.

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
10-24-2010, 06:52 PM
bring in parcells, bring in gruden, and your contenders.........trade kyle orton, trade champ bailey and you have a ton of picks in the early rounds. already got 4 in the first 3 rounds. trade bailey and orton. let tebow do his thing. we have talent around tebow for him to succeed in his 2nd year.

You keep talking about how we have so much talent... may I ask where it is? And there isn't a big trade market for Orton... maybe one for Bailey but we aren't going to get 2 first rounders, or anything crazy like that

KCL
10-24-2010, 06:55 PM
You can't have Parcells...he is coming to KC...;)

Lancane
10-24-2010, 06:56 PM
First off Bowlen has swallowed a load of crap from the media and from fans for backing some of McDaniels' less popular moves and decisions, I do not see him firing McDaniels or especially Xanders at this point, not unless Gruden is willing to take the job and stick with most of the coaching staff around him for at least a year or two. More then likely the Martindale or some other poor shmuck on the staff who is not really responsible will be blamed...this is what you get for not getting along with Nolan though he was a good coach and letting him go because of such. Two, if Bowlen fired Xanders for Parcells it would be considered a brush-off firing because he has little to do with game planning or how the talent is coached and so it would leave many questions laying out there with the national media and enough to really question Bowlen on all his decisions recently in regards to the team.

TimTebow15MVP
10-24-2010, 07:09 PM
You keep talking about how we have so much talent... may I ask where it is? And there isn't a big trade market for Orton... maybe one for Bailey but we aren't going to get 2 first rounders, or anything crazy like that

i guarantee you by time the season ends orotn stats will be super impressive and will land the broncos a 2nd and 4th at worse for orton from a team like minnesota....who wont accept drafting a young quarterback when there contenders. minnesota would remain contenders with orton, moss peterson. nice OL and a good defense.

champ bailey will land us a 2nd round pick also.

1 first, 4 2nds, 1 3rd in this upcoming draft would work wonders for this team is used right. in a draft full of 3-4 personal!

oh and we do have talent. best WR core in the league. hopefully the Ol is healthy next year and our youngins will be experienced.

the defensive corners will be experienced i love quan cox and vaughn. sure theyll take there lumps this year but it will be great for them next year. mcbath is a solution at safety to me. we need to draft another.

were a couple Dlinemen away from a dominant front 7 with dooms and ayers coming back next year. thats a pretty good start

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
10-24-2010, 07:11 PM
i guarantee you by time the season ends orotn stats will be super impressive and will land the broncos a 2nd and 4th at worse for orton from a team like minnesota....who wont accept drafting a young quarterback when there contenders. minnesota would remain contenders with orton, moss peterson. nice OL and a good defense.

champ bailey will land us a 2nd round pick also.

1 first, 4 2nds, 1 3rd in this upcoming draft would work wonders for this team is used right. in a draft full of 3-4 personal!

oh and we do have talent. best WR core in the league. hopefully the Ol is healthy next year and our youngins will be experienced.

the defensive corners will be experienced i love quan cox and vaughn. sure theyll take there lumps this year but it will be great for them next year. mcbath is a solution at safety to me. we need to draft another.

were a couple Dlinemen away from a dominant front 7 with dooms and ayers coming back next year. thats a pretty good start

Orton is a system quarterback first off and a second rounder for him i just can't see happening unless its a super late one or he gets younger.

And that thing about us having the best receivers in the league... you're joking right?

Ravage!!!
10-24-2010, 07:15 PM
Guys... Orton's stats are not going to continue to be as they were the first four weeks of the season. Those first four weeks, have come to an end. Both he and Lloyd have come CRASHING back down to earth.

Just as our defense the first 6 weeks of last year's season. They played above their heads, and our offense isn't scaring anyone. Our passing game, isn't impressing anyone.

rationalfan
10-24-2010, 07:19 PM
uh, parcells? it's not like his last two stops, miami and dallas, are lighting up the league up. he can build a foundation, but he hasn't been a real winner for some time.

as for whomever said games like today's get coaches fired; i was thinking the same thing.

mcd's not my favorite, but i'd like to see him get another year. if nothing else, things can't worse than today.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-24-2010, 07:32 PM
uh, parcells? it's not like his last two stops, miami and dallas, are lighting up the league up. he can build a foundation, but he hasn't been a real winner for some time.

as for whomever said games like today's get coaches fired; i was thinking the same thing.

mcd's not my favorite, but i'd like to see him get another year. if nothing else, things can't worse than today.

Sure they can. We can go 2-6, then 2-7, then 2-8... see a pattern? It would be great to have a top 5 pick in the draft, but after seeing what the current regime does with them, any excitement about the draft is lost, too.

TimTebow15MVP
10-24-2010, 07:43 PM
Guys... Orton's stats are not going to continue to be as they were the first four weeks of the season. Those first four weeks, have come to an end. Both he and Lloyd have come CRASHING back down to earth.

Just as our defense the first 6 weeks of last year's season. They played above their heads, and our offense isn't scaring anyone. Our passing game, isn't impressing anyone.

nah we got some favorable match ups down the stretch. not alot of good defenses on the menu. the broncos will put up some nice stats for ole orton. oakland just owns us in denver for a while now smh. next week the broncos might lose but theyll score atleast 30. just give up 31.