PDA

View Full Version : So, looking to the draft 2011

Northman
10-24-2010, 05:30 PM
What do you think our needs will be?

Do you think Orton will still be the starter or do we move on to Tebow next year? Or even later this year?

jhildebrand
10-24-2010, 05:37 PM
A new coaching staff!

After that: DL, LB's, S, OL in that order!

broncofaninfla
10-24-2010, 05:44 PM
Not sure but we'll probably be picking in the top 5 then end up trading that pick a year later for a third string player. Mcd and Xanders are a joke and have made the Denver Broncos a joke.

Elevation inc
10-24-2010, 05:58 PM
2011 needs would be

Coach
OC
Special teams Coach
OL coach
TE coach

then maybe DE
NT
LB
S
G
RB

um yeah i will just stop now.....

sneakers
10-24-2010, 06:05 PM
We will trade our first round pick before the draft for Dennis Northcutt.

Ravage!!!
10-24-2010, 06:06 PM
I think we are seeing that Orton has come down to earth the last two weeks.

DOn't be shocked if we have a new coaching staff next season to start early and get ready for the draft.

TheDave
10-24-2010, 06:12 PM
A new coaching staff!

After a 59-14 ass beating...

I'm not sure if he needs to be fired or not, but I sure as hell don't want him anywhere near a top 5 pick.

...this is going to sting for a while

Krugan
10-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Dline, and alot of it.

LB, because what we have isnt enough.

CB, i dont like our rookies to be taking over for Champ(he will be gone)

This is all if there is a next year.

Oline, yep, the new kids arent enough yet.

QB, we dont have one, tebow included. Not a knock on Orton who has impressed most of the way, but we need his replacement.

TE why we dont use them, but we could use something other than what we have.

RB what a mess we have there, maybe KM can get it going if we even try to make the running game work.

LTC Pain
10-24-2010, 06:41 PM
DE/LB/NT, nothing else.

silkamilkamonico
10-24-2010, 06:47 PM
What really sucks is we could end up with a high pick, and then there's a lockout next season which is going to disrupt the NFL timeline, making it harder to know what kind of player we're getting, along with the rest of the NFL.

Ravage!!!
10-24-2010, 06:48 PM
Doesn't matter.. we would trade it away or.. or... trade away clady only to use it on a LT.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-24-2010, 06:48 PM
For those of you who think we need a QB, we should easily be within reach of either Mallet or Locker. Pertsonally, I'd like to see Tebow in action for a full season before we look for a replacement because i think he could be a winner in the pros.

I'd like us to look seriously at the DE from Ohio State (I forget his name) if we're picking top 5 (maybe) or top 10 (definitely).

silkamilkamonico
10-24-2010, 06:51 PM
Locker sucks and in no way would I want him..we already have a project at the QB position.

Mallet is intriguing. great arm, tall, not sure if you wanna blow a high draft pick on a guy like him but he could blow up.

Doesn't OSU run a 4-3? Does that DE project as an OLB?

jlarsiii
10-24-2010, 07:35 PM
If this season is lost then I wouldn't mind them putting Tebow in there to see what we have with him. I am still boggled that we drafted that dude, but if he can demonstrate potential then that should at least take the QB position down a couple of pegs on the need board.

We still need the same things that we have for the last several years. We need help in the trenches, and new quality talent in several other areas. Again there is no way to address all of our needs in one draft, and bringing in aging players from other teams is not going to get the job done either.

It is going to probably take longer and be more painful then any of us want. I think today demonstrated that this team is not better than last year's version in any way, and if something doesn't change we will see more regime change and more rebuilding for years to come. Man that sucks. . . .

HORSEPOWER 56
10-24-2010, 07:39 PM
Locker sucks and in no way would I want him..we already have a project at the QB position.

Mallet is intriguing. great arm, tall, not sure if you wanna blow a high draft pick on a guy like him but he could blow up.

I'm pretty sure he's a big one. 6'4 or 5" and in the 290 range. I've heard guys compare him to Richard Seymour a lot. maybe I'm wrong, but he sounds like exactly the type of guy we need on the D-Line.

elsid13
10-24-2010, 07:45 PM

Locker doesn't suck, but he doesn't fit this system. If Shanahan was still here, coaching his version of the WCO, Locker would be the perfect fit because of his ability to get outside the pocket and throw. Mallet has red flag because of his height (most scouts have bad feeling on QB over 6'5/6'6 range). The perfect QB would be Luck but he won't be anywhere near our pick.

Northman
10-24-2010, 07:47 PM
For those who dont think quick turnarounds can happen. Both these HC's changed players and installed their own schemes and yet have found success early with very young QB's.

Atlanta Falcons

HC- Smith

Record

2008- 24th ranked defense
11-5

2009- 20th ranked defense
9-7

2010- 24th ranked defense
5-3

All this with a 3rd year QB.

Baltimore Ravens

HC- Harbaugh

2008- 2nd ranked defense
11-5

2009- 3rd ranked defense
9-7

2010- 9th ranked defense
5-2

All this with a 3rd year Qb

Krugan
10-24-2010, 07:47 PM
Locker doesn't suck, but he doesn't fit this system. If Shanahan was still here, coaching his version of the WCO, Locker would be the perfect fit because of his ability to get outside the pocket and throw. Mallet has red flag because of his height (most scouts have bad feeling on QB over 6'5/6'6 range). The perfect QB would be Luck but he won't be anywhere near our pick.

We will be picking top 10, IF this continues.

jlarsiii
10-24-2010, 08:09 PM
For those who dont think quick turnarounds can happen. Both these HC's changed players and installed their own schemes and yet have found success early with very young QB's.

Atlanta Falcons

HC- Smith

Record

2008- 24th ranked defense
11-5

2009- 20th ranked defense
9-7

2010- 24th ranked defense
5-3

All this with a 3rd year QB.

Baltimore Ravens

HC- Harbaugh

2008- 2nd ranked defense
11-5

2009- 3rd ranked defense
9-7

2010- 9th ranked defense
5-2

All this with a 3rd year Qb

True. A quick turnaround is a possibility. However, at this point in time it is just as likely that the opposite will happen and the team will fall completely apart.

jhildebrand
10-24-2010, 08:09 PM
After a 59-14 ass beating...

I'm not sure if he needs to be fired or not, but I sure as hell don't want him anywhere near a top 5 pick.

...this is going to sting for a while

I have said almost as much before the 59-0 beating. Our trend has carried over from last year while the doormats of St Lou and TB are on a different trend.

But hey look at the yards the O has piled up and we started 6-0 last year :lol:

I have watched this game long enough to know that I, personally, have seen enough!

Northman
10-24-2010, 08:12 PM
True. A quick turnaround is a possibility. However, at this point in time it is just as likely that the opposite will happen and the team will fall completely apart.

Exactly.

If we havent shown the improvement by now it most likely wont happen.