PDA

View Full Version : For those who think we are improving

Northman
10-24-2010, 04:11 PM
This is simply unacceptable.

ikillz0mbies
10-24-2010, 04:14 PM
Hey Northman, whatever train you're on, I'm hoping on board.

Noway
10-24-2010, 04:14 PM
Kiss my ass.

WTF? I can't remember such a lame performance at home. I love to see 'em lose but not like this! That's what I get for picking them to win in the football pool....any chance of a comeback with Tebow?

silkamilkamonico
10-24-2010, 04:16 PM
Simply unacceptable.

This organization has gone continueously downhill year after year since 2005.

Does Pat Bowlen need to go?

I Eat Staples
10-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Kiss my ass.

Excellent choice of words, you certainly do a much better job of keeping it semi-family friendly than I do. McDaniels deserves this shit to be honest. Everyone's been saying this is his team. Damn right it is. What a ******* ass clown.

atwater27
10-24-2010, 04:18 PM
Simply unacceptable.

No. Just needs to get another HC.

atwater27
10-24-2010, 04:19 PM
Kiss my ass.

LMAO. Right on you Viking fiend.

Mike
10-24-2010, 04:19 PM
I'm done. Clay, North, ravage, etc. You were right.

Dean
10-24-2010, 04:20 PM
The Broncos just set a new record. They gave up 24 points in one quarter. In 50 years of football, no team his reached that level; now we have.

Would someone tell me one more time about how this is the easy part of the schedule.:mad:

silkamilkamonico
10-24-2010, 04:21 PM
No. Just needs to get another HC.

Allowing Shanahan to stay on arguably up to 5 years longer than he should have, hiring a new coach that is clearly overwhelmed with the job that he is doing, I disagree. Denver has lost 7 years, and ranks among the NFL's bottom in playoff wins since the turn of the millenium.

Pat Bowlen needs to go.

Northman
The Broncos just set a new record. They gave up 24 points in one quarter. In 50 years of football, no team his reached that level; now we have.

Would someone tell me one more time about how this is the easy part of the schedule.:mad:

So many guaranteed this was a win. Funny.

Noway

Is that true about the 24 point thing? Wow.

ikillz0mbies
10-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Missing the 1st quarter, I find out the Broncos are being shut out in ONLY the 2nd quarter, down 31? You're kidding right? I don't even want to know how they got to that point. This is flat out pathetic. I've been strongly supporting McDaniels and the decisions he has made, but I'm starting to lose my grip on his support. This is ugly......

cuzz4169
This is a joke....is the nightmare over?!

I Eat Staples
Simply unacceptable.

You know what's ironic? In 2008, the Saints and Broncos both finished with 8-8 records, having good offenses but terrible defenses. The Saints stayed patient, keeping their offense in place and improving their defense. They won the superbowl last year.

Bowlen wasn't patient with Shanny, and ended up hiring this clown, who completely overturned our roster, spending draft picks on offense when we needed defense. Who would have thought that the Saints owner (whoever the hell he is?) would have been more patient and smarter than Bowlen? I guess age and senility catches up to everyone eventually.

At the very least, I hope he's not patient with McD either. It's not going to get any better as long as this joker is our coach.

EMB6903
10-24-2010, 04:24 PM
Take Kyle "Im good between the 20's" Orton's overrated ass out and lets see what Tebow has.

edit...oops wrong thread.

Mike
10-24-2010, 04:26 PM
You know what's ironic? In 2008, the Saints and Broncos both finished with 8-8 records, having good offenses but terrible defenses. The Saints stayed patient, keeping their offense in place and improving their defense. They won the superbowl last year.

Bowlen wasn't patient with Shanny, and ended up hiring this clown, who completely overturned our roster, spending draft picks on offense when we needed defense. Who would have thought that the Saints owner (whoever the hell he is?) would have been more patient and smarter than Bowlen? I guess age and senility catches up to everyone eventually.

At the very least, I hope he's not patient with McD either. It's not going to get any better as long as this joker is our coach.

No. He was mistaken in who he hired, but it was time for Shanahan to go.

silkamilkamonico
10-24-2010, 04:26 PM

Shanahan's inability to win important games in 2008 (like basically every year he coached since the GOAT retired) was his downfall, and Bowlen was far oo patient with him, not impatient. Shanahan had 9 years to figure it out after Elway retired, and he couldn't, and you wanted more? That's as laughable as anything thinking McDaniels is actually going to right this ship.

Noway
10-24-2010, 04:29 PM
will someone call CBS and KOA and tell them to switch over to the Pats/SD game? Hang on, it is kind of amusing listening to Dave Logan sounding like he's broadcasting a funeral....

Noway
10-24-2010, 04:30 PM
wow, what's it gonna take to see Tebow?

turftoad
Shanahan's inability to win important games in 2008 (like basically every year he coached since the GOAT retired) was his downfall, and Bowlen was far oo patient with him, not impatient. Shanahan had 9 years to figure it out after Elway retired, and he couldn't, and you wanted more? That's as laughable as anything thinking McDaniels is actually going to right this ship.

Shanahan is 4-3 in a very tough division. McD is going to be 2-5 in a weak one.

I know who I'd rather have.

jhildebrand
I look forward to no longer being called a blind hate monger :D

The fact is some of us could see it better, more clearly, and sooner than others.

Tomorrow morning people will try spinning this anyway possible.

Shazam!
10-24-2010, 04:31 PM

Shanahan deserved to be fired. He proved he couldn't do it and he wasn't the answer anymore and he proved that year after year after year.

Denver just hired the wrong guy apparently.

I can't stomach this shit.

I defended Josh and all his decisions from last year, hoping the fruit would mature.

But THIS?!?!

A change is needed. Josh has to go.

silkamilkamonico
10-24-2010, 04:32 PM

The "hope for mediocrity" is what's wrong with the fanbase of this organization.

Why not strive for greatness, and not have either one?

cuzz4169
10-24-2010, 04:32 PM
4-12 in last 16 game point taken!!!

I Eat Staples
10-24-2010, 04:33 PM
I want the McD apologists to speak up. The ones that insult the realistic fans for speaking badly about the clown. Admit how wrong you were.

ikillz0mbies
10-24-2010, 04:34 PM
Shanahan deserved to be fired. He proved he couldn't do it and he wasn't the answer anymore and he proved that year after year after year.

I defended Josh and all his decisions from last year, hoping the fruit would mature.

But THIS?!?!

I am right there with you. I suppose it's not too late to change how we feel about McDaniels?

atwater27
10-24-2010, 04:34 PM
shanahan is 4-3 in a very tough division. Mcd is going to be 2-5 in a weak one.

I know who i'd rather have.

******* owned

silkamilkamonico
10-24-2010, 04:35 PM
I am right there with you. I suppose it's not too late to change how we feel about McDaniels?

I've sure changed how I feel about McDaniels.

I'm quickly starting to change how I feel about Pat Bowlen as well.

atwater27
Al Davis right now...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3076/2773847302_be17e9b75a.jpg

Noway
Blame Bowlen! He let Shanny go and brought in a guy who ran off your two best players, Cutler and Marshall, and tried to replace them with New England retreads.

jhildebrand
10-24-2010, 04:36 PM
I want the McD apologists to speak up. The ones that insult the realistic fans for speaking badly about the clown. Admit how wrong you were.

I do too!

I want the one's who have attacked me and PM'd me as being a hater and simply blind not to mention wrong to speak up.

This team is not showing any progress. It is regressing and looking worse by the minute. Don't cry to me about injuries either!!!!!!!

Mike

Coaches and their messages get stale with time. That is what happened with Shanahan. I am glad he is doing well with Wash. I hope he wins another SB. But that doesn't change the fact that it was time for change in Denver.

silkamilkamonico
******* owned

Im quickly finding out I was as wrong about Josh McDaniels as you were about Jay Cutler.

jhildebrand
10-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Can we all at least agree that it was time for Shanahan to go? We were upest with 24-24. We should be equally upset with the current state of the team all the same.

silkamilkamonico
10-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Blame Bowlen! He let Shanny go and brought in a guy who ran off your two best players, Cutler and Marshall, and tried to replace them with New England retreads.

This cannot be used anymore.

Jake PLunger, Brian Griese, and Jay Cutler. All simply puppets of Shanahan's system, and nothing more.

cuzz4169
10-24-2010, 04:38 PM
ok be honest with yourself.....where is our talent on defense today? champ & DJ thats it!!! on offense are best player is Clady we have no playmakers.

cuzz4169
10-24-2010, 04:39 PM
Dont be a homer compare the broncos to winning teams are talent isnt there.

silkamilkamonico
10-24-2010, 04:40 PM
Dont be a homer compare the broncos to winning teams are talent isnt there.

Talent is irrelevant.

This team clearly was not ready to play today.

atwater27
10-24-2010, 04:40 PM
Im quickly finding out I was as wrong about Josh McDaniels as you were about Jay Cutler.

I don't give a shit about either right now. But your capping on shanahan is getting on my nerves.

cuzz4169
10-24-2010, 04:41 PM
Talent is irrelevant.

This team clearly was not ready to play today.

I understand that im just saying are talent doesnt match other teams.

silkamilkamonico
10-24-2010, 04:41 PM
I don't give a shit about either right now. But your capping on shanahan is getting on my nerves.

Shanahan "capping" on the organization by giving them playoff blowout loss after playoff blowout loss since Elway retired got on my nerves a long time ago!

Northman
10-24-2010, 04:43 PM
Shanahan "capping" on the organization by giving them playoff blowout loss after playoff blowout loss since Elway retired got on my nerves a long time ago!

Indeed. But i would gladly take those blowouts right now compared to this.

NightTrainLayne
10-24-2010, 04:44 PM
I do too!

I want the one's who have attacked me and PM'd me as being a hater and simply blind not to mention wrong to speak up.

This team is not showing any progress. It is regressing and looking worse by the minute. Don't cry to me about injuries either!!!!!!!

I've supported McDaniels for the most part, but I have done so without attacking anyone, and certainly have never PM'd anyone calling them a hater, or blind.

This is one of the lowest moments I have ever felt as a Bronco fan.

No one should attack other Bronco fans on either side of this. We're all in this together, and we all have a right to our opnions, and we all love this team.

I Eat Staples
10-24-2010, 04:44 PM
Many posters were saying the McD haters would change their opinion on him.

It's going to be the other way around very soon. I'm clueless as to how anyone could have thought this clown could coach in the NFL.

Mike
10-24-2010, 04:45 PM

That's just false hope. It was the same false hope year after year.

And, let's be fair, Shanahan experienced his fair share of blowouts his last few years here.

silkamilkamonico
10-24-2010, 04:45 PM

See, I would rather just look in a new direction altogether, ignore the coaches that fail miserably in big games, and find someone who can actually succeed in the enviroments that separate the men from the boys.

atwater27
10-24-2010, 04:46 PM

At least he got em there. Oh, and won 2 Super Bowls for us. If that ain't good enough for you, I guess there's the WNBA.

Dreadnought

That sums it up nicely. Well put. As far as the state of the Broncos now, and its leadership...I don't have anything further to add, due to the language filter and needing to set an example for a 9 year old. I just let her put on a Disney movie.

Northman
That's just false hope. It was the same false hope year after year.

And, let's be fair, Shanahan experienced his fair share of blowouts his last few years here.

Dude, i would still take false hope over no hope at all. This is way beyond horrible. Meanwhile in Washington....

silkamilkamonico
10-24-2010, 04:48 PM
At least he got em there. Oh, and won 2 Super Bowls for us. If that ain't good enough for you, I guess there's the WNBA.

LMAO

What's next, are you going to claim Al DAvis as still one of the elite owners of the NFL?

Northman
10-24-2010, 04:48 PM
See, I would rather just look in a new direction altogether, ignore the coaches that fail miserably in big games, and find someone who can actually succeed in the enviroments that separate the men from the boys.

Dude, he did win 2 SB's so despite the problems down the stretch the guy is a winner. I thought for sure after 08' he would at least get one more year to right the defense. I understand the move but this is turning out to be a blunder as far as his replacement is concerned.

silkamilkamonico
10-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Dude, i would still take false hope over no hope at all. This is way beyond horrible. Meanwhile in Washington....

I can buy that argument.

I do think there are people in this fanbase that still think we can find a coach that can actually win meaningful games, something that hasn't been done since John Elway.

atwater27
10-24-2010, 04:50 PM
LMAO

What's next, are you going to claim Al DAvis as still one of the elite owners of the NFL?

http://voepel.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/wnba-logo1.jpg

silkamilkamonico
10-24-2010, 04:51 PM
Dude, he did win 2 SB's so despite the problems down the stretch the guy is a winner. I thought for sure after 08' he would at least get one more year to right the defense. I understand the move but this is turning out to be a blunder as far as his replacement is concerned.

Again, with all due respect, another Al Davis comparison.

The only blunder is Bowlen hiring McDaniels apparently.

silkamilkamonico
10-24-2010, 04:53 PM
http://voepel.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/wnba-logo1.jpg

Please stop degrading Mike Shanahan as some WNBA basketball player, not even I would sink that low.

turftoad
10-24-2010, 04:54 PM
I've supported McDaniels for the most part, but I have done so without attacking anyone, and certainly have never PM'd anyone calling them a hater, or blind.

This is one of the lowest moments I have ever felt as a Bronco fan.

No one should attack other Bronco fans on either side of this. We're all in this together, and we all have a right to our opnions, and we all love this team.

I agree 100%.

You know, it's OK to love your team but not the coach.

NightTrainLayne
10-24-2010, 04:55 PM
Let's let Shanahan go. He has nothing to do with the team now. No sense in fighting over him now.

Medford Bronco
10-24-2010, 04:55 PM
Hey Northman, whatever train you're on, I'm hoping on board.

We are watching a train wreck here, so I hope that is not the one we are on :lol:

Mike
10-24-2010, 04:56 PM
I agree 100%.

You know, it's OK to love your team but not the coach.

What about the fans? Do I have to love the fans?

Timmy!
10-24-2010, 05:04 PM
I've been in the McD camp since he took over. I didn't always agree with the decisions he made, but thought the team had been making progress. The team is missing a ton of players because of injury, but this was the last straw. You simply cannot do this at home, in your 1st division game of the year, against a hated rival. Completely unprepared to play football, and that's on the coaching staff. I want McD's head on a stake for Christmas.

I Eat Staples
10-24-2010, 05:08 PM

Please stop degrading Mike Shanahan as some WNBA basketball player, not even I would sink that low.

Lmao you guys are cracking me the hell up. :lol:

You know it's a sad day for the Broncos when the WNBA is being discussed!

rcsodak
10-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Missing the 1st quarter, I find out the Broncos are being shut out in ONLY the 2nd quarter, down 31? You're kidding right? I don't even want to know how they got to that point. This is flat out pathetic. I've been strongly supporting McDaniels and the decisions he has made, but I'm starting to lose my grip on his support. This is ugly......
they haven't won since they voted on decertifying. :coffee:
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rcsodak
10-24-2010, 05:15 PM

that would make SOME sense if both teams actually played 7games in their prospective divisions. :rolleyes:

Mike
10-24-2010, 05:15 PM
What the heck is the WNBA?

Shazam!
10-24-2010, 05:16 PM
Shanahan is 4-3 in a very tough division.

I'd rather have McNabb than Brian Griese, Jake Plummer, Jay Cutler or Kyle Orton... woudn't you??

rcsodak
10-24-2010, 05:18 PM

But THIS?!?!

LMAO! denver fans are more jeckyl-hyde than jeckyl-hyde.

Shazam!
10-24-2010, 05:19 PM
LMAO! denver fans are more jeckyl-hyde than jeckyl-hyde.

Nobody can tell me why this should be acceptable RC.

rcsodak
10-24-2010, 05:20 PM
To the McD haters, I'll just refer to the OP's first sentence of his post. :D

rcsodak
10-24-2010, 05:21 PM
******* owned

LMAO

rcsodak
10-24-2010, 05:24 PM
Wha?? Go away, troll. You dont even know what the **** you're talking about.

turftoad
10-24-2010, 05:29 PM

Half way through the third and we're down 45-14 to the lowly Raiders.

I don't find it excusable. Sorry

rcsodak
10-24-2010, 05:30 PM
shanny was done in denver the moment he got scared and started cutler. From that point on, he had a losing record (IINM) to end his tenure . He lost his confidence and that of the players, imo.

Shazam!
10-24-2010, 05:32 PM
RC, Shanny deserved to be fired.

But right now so does McD.

These are the 2-4 Raiders.

LordTrychon
10-24-2010, 05:33 PM
that would make SOME sense if both teams actually played 7games in their prospective divisions. :rolleyes:

Way to roll your eyes at a comment because you don't understand it.

The Redskins' record is 4-3 despite playing in a tough division. Ours is going to be 2-5 despite playing in a bad division.

:rolleyes:

rcsodak
10-24-2010, 05:33 PM
Elway & the rest of his stalwats are all retired. Fyi. :coffee:

cuzz4169
10-24-2010, 05:38 PM
oakland has one of the worst offensive lines in football...we are making them look like the best o line. and why do we keep running out orton!?

Northman
10-24-2010, 05:39 PM
You guys know who you are, pucker up.

cuzz4169
10-24-2010, 05:43 PM
No one runs on the broncos...what a joke!!!

cuzz4169
10-24-2010, 05:47 PM
59 points lol

turftoad
10-24-2010, 05:50 PM

Half way through the third and we're down 45-14 to the lowly Raiders.

I don't find it excusable. Sorry

59-14 at the end of the third. :tsk:

Ravage!!!
10-24-2010, 05:57 PM
Last year, our defense played above their head for 6 games. THis year, our offense and ORton played above their head for 4.

Someone, tell me again how the Broncos have made MORE strides than the Chiefs this season. I need a laugh about now.

Day1BroncoFan
10-24-2010, 06:43 PM
I am not a pro no am I an anti McD guy but today is a hard one to swallow.

I was all for giving McD a chance. Now I have my doubts. I am still going to be patient. I consider our season most likely over but I will wait until the end of the year.

It was time for Shanny to go. He did great things here but it was time for a change. Is McD the guy? Time will tell.

Today is the first time I haven't finished watching a Broncos' game in years.

:tsk: :sad:

broncogirl7
10-24-2010, 06:48 PM
Kiss my ass.

Amen Brother!!!!

TXBRONC
10-24-2010, 07:01 PM
What about the fans? Do I have to love the fans?

No I guess not.

BroncoWave
10-24-2010, 07:03 PM

I do too!

Try not to blow a load all over your screens at the joy of being right. I don't know about yall but I don't take pleasure in the Broncos failures.

But congrats on being right I guess? :confused: Who cares if we suck as long as yall get to brag about being right about it?

TXBRONC
10-24-2010, 07:06 PM
Try not to blow a load all over your screens at the joy of being right. I don't know about yall but I don't take pleasure in the Broncos failures.

But congrats on being right I guess? :confused: Who cares if we suck as long as yall get to brag about being right about it?

BTB J and Staples posts don't indicate any kind of satisfaction in the Broncos getting their heads beat in by the Raiders.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-24-2010, 07:07 PM
I'm done. Clay, North, ravage, etc. You were right.

Takes a big man to admit that, Mike. Props to you.

BroncoWave
10-24-2010, 07:07 PM
BTB J and Staples posts don't indicate any kind of satisfaction in the Broncos getting their heads beat in by the Raiders.

Maybe not, but I have no doubt they are both taking great pleasure in getting to say they were right. They probably couldn't get those posts typed out fast enough.

Medford Bronco
10-24-2010, 07:09 PM
Simply pathetic.

We looked like the 1976 Buccaneers

atwater27
10-24-2010, 07:10 PM

No load blowage going on here. Just a deep depression that has been going on for a couple of years now.

TXBRONC
10-24-2010, 07:11 PM
Maybe not, but I have no doubt they are both taking great pleasure in getting to say they were right. They probably couldn't get those posts typed out fast enough.

You're a smart kid but you're no soothsayer.

Ravage!!!
10-24-2010, 07:12 PM

SO you are guessing on their intentions.

You think they have pleasure in feeling/knowing that they have a coach for their favorite team that they are confident, sucks? You think thats pleasure for them? DO you think any of them would DENY the desire to see McD gone?

So then it makes sense that they are NOT enjoying seeing the Broncos play like this, and its NO joy in seeing the coach on the sidelines. They aren't seeing "right" as enjoyable.. more like extreme frustration.

Lancane
10-24-2010, 07:12 PM
When you trade all your talent to other teams, then you're usually left with a much less talented team. - John Madden

:confused:

BroncoWave
10-24-2010, 07:15 PM
SO you are guessing on their intentions.

You think they have pleasure in feeling/knowing that they have a coach for their favorite team that they are confident, sucks? You think thats pleasure for them? DO you think any of them would DENY the desire to see McD gone?

So then it makes sense that they are NOT enjoying seeing the Broncos play like this, and its NO joy in seeing the coach on the sidelines. They aren't seeing "right" as enjoyable.. more like extreme frustration.

I guess I just don't understand the point of demanding that everyone admit how wrong they were about us sucking. We all know we were wrong, I really don't see why some of you feel the need to rub it in.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-24-2010, 07:17 PM
4-13 in our last 17 games. In a league with a salary cap, collective bargaining agreement, revenue sharing, and where parity is strictly enforced, this should never happen.

For the teams that it does happen to, there are much larger problems. We are now one of those teams. Pat Bowlen has been living high-on-the-hog rolling in 25+ years of Broncos home game sell-outs. Does anyone really want to spend their hard-earned money and time watching this type of trash? You might as well just stay home and watch Jersey Shore if you want to watch talentless, heartless, asinine performances week after week.

It's time to put on your big boy pants, Pat and make some team altering decisions before you lose this fan base.

TXBRONC
10-24-2010, 07:35 PM
I guess I just don't understand the point of demanding that everyone admit how wrong they were about us sucking. We all know we were wrong, I really don't see why some of you feel the need to rub it in.

There are some who have demonized other posters just because they have been critical of the coach. The same group was more than willing to rub it in people's faces when McDaniels was 6-0.

I Eat Staples
10-24-2010, 07:41 PM

I'm not satisfied at all. The only positive I can think of is, I'd rather have McD completely **** up now and get fired than keep us at 8-8 with poor drafts and put us in an even worse position in the future.

It's not even that, I don't even think we suck. We had a terrible game, but we don't suck. I just feel that McDaniels is going to slowly destroy this franchise. And as it has been said before, the support McDaniels has amongst some fans is completely perplexing to me. He hasn't done anything good, yet people insist on defending him and calling people who dislike him fair-whether fans or something.

Everytime I or another poster would say something negative about McD, not only would our fanhood be questioned, but McD supporters would mock us as not knowing what we were talking about. So yes, I'm going to take the opportunity to remind you all that I know exactly what I'm talking about.

Joel
10-24-2010, 08:20 PM
We all know Pat's not gonna just void McDs contract 'cos we're all pissed, so let's get real. This isn't good, but we DID essentially get a rebuild whether we like it or not. We kept four or five guys, at least one of which we'll probably lose in a few years. Maybe Denver fans have forgotten, but what we've really needed is a couple bad years so we get some really nice picks without giving up the team. And it happens when good coaches bring their new "system" into the old coaches team, 'cos it takes time. Since I kinda have FOUR favorite teams (they could theoretically ALL get a first round playoff bye) I've seen it often, but the classic success is well known.

"Police have asked the lady who left her eleven children at Texas Stadium to come get them; they're beating the Cowboys 10-0 at the half."

Two years later they're in the playoffs, next year a Super Bowl, then another, then a Conference Championship loss, then a third Super Bowl.

Does that make Jimmy Johnsons first and only NFL entry after the Hurricanes Championships a wretched failure because he went 1-15 then 7-9? It was third and fourth years that made them, but most people would consider a rise like that meteoric. A playoff run or two is reasonable though.

We'll see....

Northman
10-24-2010, 08:24 PM
We all know Pat's not gonna just void McDs contract 'cos we're all pissed, so let's get real. This isn't good, but we DID essentially get a rebuild whether we like it or not. We kept four or five guys, at least one of which we'll probably lose in a few years. Maybe Denver fans have forgotten, but what we've really needed is a couple bad years so we get some really nice picks without giving up the team. And it happens when good coaches bring their new "system" into the old coaches team, 'cos it takes time. Since I kinda have FOUR favorite teams (they could theoretically ALL get a first round playoff bye) I've seen it often, but the classic success is well known.

"Police have asked the lady who left her eleven children at Texas Stadium to come get them; they're beating the Cowboys 10-0 at the half."

Two years later they're in the playoffs, next year a Super Bowl, then another, then a Conference Championship loss, then a third Super Bowl.

Does that make Jimmy Johnsons first and only NFL entry after the Hurricanes Championships a wretched failure because he went 1-15 then 7-9? It was third and fourth years that made them, but most people would consider a rise like that meteoric. A playoff run two is reasonable though.

We'll see....

Problem is Denver was NEVER in a true rebuild mode and it should have NEVER come to going from middle of the pack to being a bottom dwellar. When you look at what the Cowboys did they did it from the ground up. They didnt strip down a very productive offense and become worse as time went on. That senario and the one your painting just are not even close in comparison.

jhildebrand
10-24-2010, 08:26 PM
so we get some really nice picks ....

We have already had some. I don't want McD near another 1st rounder.

G_Money
10-24-2010, 08:43 PM
McDaniels hand-picked the leaders on this team. They led us right to the most embarrassing blow-out in team history. To a division rival. At home.

These are his coaches, his schemes, and his players. He remade the offensive line, and that line can't do anything right. He overhauled the defense and that defense was destroyed by an Oakland offense that was putrid in the previous weeks and run by a QB who'd posted a 10.7 rating in his last start.

We didn't get beaten. We were obliterated in all phases of the game. We laid down for it like new fish in prison and stuffed rags in our own mouths so as not to disturb the other inmates with our squeals.

If you're not mad about this loss, I don't know what to tell you. I don't call out anyone's fanhood ever.

But maybe you just didn't watch. I'd understand that. It was hard to watch a team get steamrolled like that in their own building.

We don't have the excuse of some teams that we're not talented (we are moderately so), that we have no veteran leadership (I keep getting told that we do), that we don't understand what's being asked of us ("beat that crappy team over there" is not an impossible directive).

Orton knows this offense fine. His WRs are fine - one of the more talented groups in the league, actually. Our defense is a veteran group, with some secondary youth now due to injury but which should be able to get itself together for a division game.

Oakland's defense is not as tough as others that we've faced this season. We were not outclassed talent-wise on the field.

But we might as well have forfeit at the coin-toss if this was the effort we felt like giving.

This is a coaching problem. Offense, defense and special teams, and it starts at the top. Yes, we've played the toughest schedule in the league thus far. I don't care. The effort that was out there on Sunday wouldn't have beaten anyone. We have 5 division games left against angry teams or growing teams, and all of those teams look like they can beat us just fine if we bring anything like this kind of "effort" to the table.

This was a disgrace to everyone who ever wore the orange and blue, and to the fans who had to watch it. They spit in the face of every team of ailing players that ever got up from the canvas to put forth their best effort against the silver and black.

I guarantee you that the Browns losing 59-14 to the Steelers gets someone fired. How much worse if the 2-4 (but favored) Steelers were to lose 59-14 to the lowly Browns?

Unacceptable. Josh isn't gonna lose his job over this just yet, but he'd better right this ship the rest of the year, starting NOW.

And if this team tunes him out? He should be gone come week 17. If he can't stop the spiral then he has no place here.

NONE.

~G

Northman
10-24-2010, 08:47 PM
McDaniels hand-picked the leaders on this team. They led us right to the most embarrassing blow-out in team history. To a division rival. At home.

These are his coaches, his schemes, and his players. He remade the offensive line, and that line can't do anything right. He overhauled the defense and that defense was destroyed by an Oakland offense that was putrid in the previous weeks and run by a QB who'd posted a 10.7 rating in his last start.

We didn't get beaten. We were obliterated in all phases of the game. We laid down for it like new fish in prison and stuffed rags in our own mouths so as not to disturb the other inmates with our squeals.

If you're not mad about this loss, I don't know what to tell you. I don't call out anyone's fanhood ever.

But maybe you just didn't watch. I'd understand that. It was hard to watch a team get steamrolled like that in their own building.

We don't have the excuse of some teams that we're not talented (we are moderately so), that we have no veteran leadership (I keep getting told that we do), that we don't understand what's being asked of us ("beat that crappy team over there" is not an impossible directive).

Orton knows this offense fine. His WRs are fine - one of the more talented groups in the league, actually. Our defense is a veteran group, with some secondary youth now due to injury but which should be able to get itself together for a division game.

Oakland's defense is not as tough as others that we've faced this season. We were not outclassed talent-wise on the field.

But we might as well have forfeit at the coin-toss if this was the effort we felt like giving.

This is a coaching problem. Offense, defense and special teams, and it starts at the top. Yes, we've played the toughest schedule in the league thus far. I don't care. The effort that was out there on Sunday wouldn't have beaten anyone. We have 5 division games left against angry teams or growing teams, and all of those teams look like they can beat us just fine if we bring anything like this kind of "effort" to the table.

This was a disgrace to everyone who ever wore the orange and blue, and to the fans who had to watch it. They spit in the face of every team of ailing players that ever got up from the canvas to put forth their best effort against the silver and black.

I guarantee you that the Browns losing 59-14 to the Steelers gets someone fired. How much worse if the 2-4 (but favored) Steelers were to lose 59-14 to the lowly Browns?

Unacceptable. Josh isn't gonna lose his job over this just yet, but he'd better right this ship the rest of the year, starting NOW.

And if this team tunes him out? He should be gone come week 17. If he can't stop the spiral then he has no place here.

NONE.

~G

All i know is your one of the most logical posters on this board and when YOUR pissed and finding it unacceptable thats saying something.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-24-2010, 08:48 PM

NONE.

~G

The voice of reason as always, G. Love it.

O-ManePunisher
10-24-2010, 08:51 PM
We have already had some. I don't want McD near another 1st rounder.

Same here the guy clearly has no clue what's so ever on how to coach a team.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-24-2010, 08:54 PM
Problem is Denver was NEVER in a true rebuild mode and it should have NEVER come to going from middle of the pack to being a bottom dwellar. When you look at what the Cowboys did they did it from the ground up. They didnt strip down a very productive offense and become worse as time went on. That senario and the one your painting just are not even close in comparison.

If just one more person uses the "r" word around here, I might just lose it. YOU DON'T COMPLETELY REBUILD AN 8-8 FOOTBALL TEAM! NOBODY (except the current staff) HAS DONE THIS IN LEAGUE HISTORY... NOBODY!

MCDANIELS CHOSE to tear down an 8-8 team and cut or trade away 82% of that team. Now it has come back to bite him in the ass and take a steaming shit on his face! HE must answer for this. He must either fix it or be gone. Either we win out, or he's fired if I'm the guy signing his paycheck. We are not Detroit. We are not Cleveland.

This whole scenario is bullshit that McDaniels brought on himself and MY TEAM. I hold him wholly responsible for today and for the 4-13 record that has led to this.

weazel
10-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Hey I think we're improving! Colquit had a great game!!!!

TXBRONC
10-24-2010, 08:57 PM
All I know is that imho saying that this team is making progress holds no water at all at this point.

Northman
10-24-2010, 08:59 PM
All I know is that imho saying that this team is making progress holds no water at all at this point.

Exactly. Making progress means actually improving in the win column.

horsepig
10-24-2010, 08:59 PM
It's pretty damn sad. I thought I'd seen the last of this shit in the late 60's. This is beyond the pale, whatever that means.

nevcraw
10-24-2010, 09:01 PM
My only issue with McD which started a month into his rein-- is for every good move he made he would make a 2X worse move.. seems like there is as constant shooting oneself in the foot with this guy and his plan if there is one is not visible unless that includes getting worse.

when i squint sometimes way out in the distance I can sorta make out what he is trying to do but when my eyes are fully open the mirage simply disapears.

BroncoWave
10-24-2010, 09:03 PM

North if I had a nickel for every time you have posted something along these lines this season I would be freaking rich! :lol:

Northman
10-24-2010, 09:04 PM
North if I had a nickel for every time you have posted something along these lines this season I would be freaking rich! :lol:

You and me both.

red98
10-24-2010, 09:08 PM
Good to hear from you G. Spot on as usual of course. Though it wasn't just a division rival,
it was the RAIDERS, the son of a bitching RAIDERS. :mad:

nevcraw
10-24-2010, 09:44 PM
Good to hear from you
G. Spot on as usual of course. Though it wasn't just a division rival,
it was the RAIDERS, the son of a bitching RAIDERS. :mad:

lol..

red98
10-24-2010, 09:47 PM
lol..

:laugh:

Watchthemiddle
10-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Hey....atleast we're not the Cowboys who everyone picked to go to the Super Bowl. What did anyone really expect out of this team???? Your fooling yourself if you thought any better than 8-8 and if you predicted less than that your a hypocrite for thinking their better than they are

Northman
10-24-2010, 10:01 PM
Hey....atleast we're not the Cowboys who everyone picked to go to the Super Bowl. What did anyone really expect out of this team???? Your fooling yourself if you thought any better than 8-8 and if you predicted less than that your a hypocrite for thinking their better than they are

I dont care about the Cowboys. As if that is supposed to make me feel better about the state of my team.

Ravage!!!
10-24-2010, 10:04 PM
Why is it better than being PICKED to go to the SUper Bowl?

Personally. I would rather be good enough to be in the conversation of being a Super Bowl contender then to not even be a consideration. Being a consideration in the conversation and going 2-5 isn't any worse than not being even a part of the discussion and going 2-5.

TXBRONC
10-24-2010, 10:05 PM

I'm fan of the Broncos not the Cowboys so that justifies nothing.

Also at this point we're not even close to being an 8-8 team.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-24-2010, 10:05 PM

I don't know about you, but I expect a playoff appearance every year. It's what keeps fans interested. I know it doesn't always come true, but I at least expect us to be competitive. A 59-14 blowout following 4-12 in our last 16 games (making that number 4-13 in our last 17) proves enough to me that we're not competitive, nor are we making progress in that direction. It's enough for me to wash my hands of this regime and hold my breath for the next one.

GEM
10-24-2010, 11:14 PM
For North....

Kiss your own ass. :rolleyes:

Yea it sucks. It sucks bad.

That's freaking ridiculous to post that to other members of the board.

Northman
10-24-2010, 11:17 PM
I didnt single anyone out, if you feel guilty then....

GEM
10-24-2010, 11:20 PM
I didnt single anyone out, if you feel guilty then....

I don't feel shit...have some freaking class. Does it make YOU feel better to belittle other with I told you so bullshit, but with less class?

Shazam!
10-24-2010, 11:21 PM
Wow...

Northman
10-24-2010, 11:22 PM
I don't feel shit...have some freaking class.

Maybe you should not post. You seem angry.

GEM
10-24-2010, 11:26 PM
Maybe you should not post. You seem angry.

Yea, coming on here after that kind of loss and seeing just a bunch of bullshit angers me. I'm freaking disappointed that we have posters who would rather post hits on each other and I told you so's. For gosh sakes....some around here really need to grow the **** up.

Telling a group of posters to kiss your ass? That's bullshit. Real conducive behavior. :rolleyes:

Yea the loss ******* sucks. Yea I am pissed as shit at my team and the coach. But in no way does that give me a right to sit behind a computer and tell a bunch of people to kiss my ass.

Northman
10-24-2010, 11:28 PM
Yea, coming on here after that kind of loss and seeing just a bunch of bullshit angers me. I'm freaking disappointed that we have posters who would rather post hits on each other and I told you so's. For gosh sakes....some around here really need to grow the **** up.

Telling a group of posters to kiss your ass? That's bullshit. Real conducive behavior. :rolleyes:

Yea the loss ******* sucks. Yea I am pissed as shit at my team and the coach. But in no way does that give me a right to sit behind a computer and tell a bunch of people to kiss my ass.

Im pissed we lost too.

Watchthemiddle
10-24-2010, 11:28 PM
I don't know about you, but I expect a playoff appearance every year. It's what keeps fans interested. I know it doesn't always come true, but I at least expect us to be competitive. A 59-14 blowout following 4-12 in our last 16 games (making that number 4-13 in our last 17) proves enough to me that we're not competitive, nor are we making progress in that direction. It's enough for me to wash my hands of this regime and hold my breath for the next one.

Oh no......that's a bush league answer. The freakin Lions fans expect the playoffs or Super Bowl every year.

Do you remember the Ten vs NE 60ish - nothing...ish blowout last year???? What did Ten do after that???? (At 0-6ish) go off ....

Why can't we do that.... Bronco fan????

KCL
10-24-2010, 11:29 PM
Im pissed we lost too.

No shit....:lol:

sorry North..couldn't resist

:couch:

jhildebrand
10-24-2010, 11:32 PM

Sorry Gem! However, more often than not, those of us who have been critical have been belittled and written off! We have been ostracized and banned, IP'd and beaten down. In the end, the positive posters have always been given and allowed their I told you so's!

We are going to take this and should be allowed as much. There is no excuse for this whatsoever! I was positive after the jets loss (one of the few) and all week we heard how prepared and ready this team will be. Close only counts in horseshoes and cigars. North wins this one-mod or not!

GEM
10-24-2010, 11:36 PM
Sorry Gem! However, more often than not, those of us who have been critical have been belittled and written off! We have been ostracized and banned, IP'd and beaten down. In the end, the positive posters have always been given and allowed their I told you so's!

We are going to take this and should be allowed as much. There is no excuse for this whatsoever! I was positive after the jets loss (one of the few) and all week we heard how prepared and ready this team will be. Close only counts in horseshoes and cigars. North wins this one-mod or not!

As a mod, I can tell you that is bullshit. Both sides have been IP'd, begged warned, etc to cool the personal shit with each other. No one is allowed I told you so's if they are doing so in a way that breaks the COC or is not respectful to other posters.

Mod or not has nothing to do with it. I am pissed as a poster at the attacks on each other. I am not upset with North as a mod. I am upset because I know he is better than bunching a group of our posters up and telling them to kiss his ass.

I am not trying to win an argument here, I am trying to say everyone needs to be shit load more respectful to each other.

Northman
10-24-2010, 11:36 PM
Alright, for you Gem i edited my post. Only for you though you know this right? :)

GEM
10-24-2010, 11:38 PM
Alright, for you Gem i edited my post. Only for you though you know this right? :)

I even high 5'd your post now, because you are right...it is un ******* acceptable!! So pissed.

DenBronx
10-24-2010, 11:38 PM

yeah but Gems 100 times hotter.

jhildebrand
10-24-2010, 11:39 PM
As a mod, I can tell you that is bullshit. Both sides have been IP'd, begged warned, etc to cool the personal shit with each other. No one is allowed I told you so's if they are doing so in a way that breaks the COC or is not respectful to other posters.

Mod or not has nothing to do with it. I am pissed as a poster at the attacks on each other. I am not upset with North as a mod. I am upset because I know he is better than bunching a group of our posters up and telling them to kiss his ass.

I am not trying to win an argument here, I am trying to say everyone needs to be shit load more respectful to each other.

You know what, Gem...? :cinfused: You're right! I sincerely apologize! There is no excuse for my post and I should delete it to save embarassment, but I wont because it should stand!

rcsodak
10-25-2010, 11:38 PM
Way to roll your eyes at a comment because you don't understand it.

The Redskins' record is 4-3 despite playing in a tough division. Ours is going to be 2-5 despite playing in a bad division.

:rolleyes:
Awwww...how special. The FamilyThree (+TX) all Hi5'd you. :D
Usually happens when someone gets feisty with me. I'm humbled. lol

And again, what does the division they're in have to do with anything? Up until yesterday, Denver hadn't played a divisional game. If Denver was 0-6 and Wash was 6-0, then ok. But until that happens, the records are what they are. :coffee:

LordTrychon
10-26-2010, 11:57 AM
Awwww...how special. The FamilyThree (+TX) all Hi5'd you. :D
Usually happens when someone gets feisty with me. I'm humbled. lol

And again, what does the division they're in have to do with anything? Up until yesterday, Denver hadn't played a divisional game. If Denver was 0-6 and Wash was 6-0, then ok. But until that happens, the records are what they are. :coffee:

Yeah, and how'd that divisional game go for us?

Point is, they're doing better than we are and you missed the point.

rcsodak
10-26-2010, 12:50 PM
I'd rather have McNabb than Brian Griese, Jake Plummer, Jay Cutler or Kyle Orton... woudn't you??
Hardly. I'm with Rush. At least the 4 you mentioned know that OT is sidden death. Pretty sure they've won as many SB's as well, for those that keep score.

I liken McNabb to Marty. Great in the regular season. Master of choke, thereafter.

rcsodak
10-26-2010, 01:00 PM
Nobody can tell me why this should be acceptable RC.
Didnt say it was, shaz. I'm just not a quitter. You dont bale on someone if you want them to succeed for your cause. My cause is the team. I want McD to succeed because I feel he will be a great coach. Its in his blood.

Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums[/size]

Northman
10-26-2010, 01:02 PM
Didnt say it was, shaz. I'm just not a quitter. You dont bale on someone if you want them to succeed for your cause. My cause is the team. I want McD to succeed because I feel he will be a great coach. Its in his blood.

Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums[/SIZE]

No fan on here has quit. They just arent sold on McD like you are. No one is BAILING out on the team. They just dont like McD and what he has done and would rather see someone else steering the ship.

rcsodak
10-26-2010, 01:19 PM
There are some who have demonized other posters just because they have been critical of the coach. The same group was more than willing to rub it in people's faces when McDaniels was 6-0.
Doesnt demonizing usually go hand in hand with negativism ? Those of us that have been positive have been put at a disadvantage by the rules set forth here. The anti's use name-calling which does nothing more than attract ire. Against a HC who has only his predecessor to compare to, but we cant go there either. While we rah-rah for the team, they rail against the HC, and now, the owner.
But at least I can sleep better, being positive. :shrugs:

Mike
10-26-2010, 01:21 PM

Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums[/size]

I think we all want him to succeed. We just don't think he will.

On what basis do you think he will succeed and become a great coach? What has he done here in Denver to encourage such belief?

rcsodak
10-26-2010, 01:26 PM
I disagree.

Northman
10-26-2010, 01:31 PM
Doesnt demonizing usually go hand in hand with negativism ? Those of us that have been positive have been put at a disadvantage by the rules set forth here. The anti's use name-calling which does nothing more than attract ire. Against a HC who has only his predecessor to compare to, but we cant go there either. While we rah-rah for the team, they rail against the HC, and now, the owner.

I sleep just fine dude. Its just a message board after all.

rcsodak
10-26-2010, 01:48 PM
No fan on here has quit. They just arent sold on McD like you are. No one is BAILING out on the team. They just dont like McD and what he has done and would rather see someone else steering the ship.
...and the next....and the next.... NOBODY out there is assured of doing any better than McD has. Until ya'll accept that, you'll never be happy.
I'm OK with a REBUILD. If thats what it takes, then so be it. There are far worse teams to shadow than the Pats.
24-24 in 3yrs. Ya gotta tear iit down to rebuild it if the foundation isnt solid. I just dont think it was. Simply muddling along becomes ingrained in players, imo. Time to bring in winners and thats what McD has been doing. Cutler is a prime example. He'd been around losing all of his life! To me, its not that disturbing to him. TT HATES losing! Ko was a winner.If McD doesnt pan out, I'll root for the next guy just as fervently til he's gone. Thats just me.

BroncoNut
10-26-2010, 01:50 PM
Pat Bowlen needs to go? that's crazy, this isn't a communist state yet IIRC. Is there a Mrs Bowlen or a Bowlen jr? if so, they need to take care of the family business in bringing in a GM/someone with the know how to run this business.

Northman
10-26-2010, 01:52 PM
...and the next....and the next.... NOBODY out there is assured of doing any better than McD has. Until ya'll accept that, you'll never be happy.
I'm OK with a REBUILD. If thats what it takes, then so be it. There are far worse teams to shadow than the Pats.
24-24 in 3yrs. Ya gotta tear iit down to rebuild it if the foundation isnt solid. I just dont think it was. Simply muddling along becomes ingrained in players, imo. Time to bring in winners and thats what McD has been doing. Cutler is a prime example. He'd been around losing all of his life! To me, its not that disturbing to him. TT HATES losing! Ko was a winner.If McD doesnt pan out, I'll root for the next guy just as fervently til he's gone. Thats just me.

Fine, i dont agree with you. We've been waiting for change for 5 years already. The team was already in the process of being rebuilt and didnt need to be stripped down again in my opinion. But keep in mind just because you want to be patient for the next however long it takes some of us dont. We are entitled to feel that way and when we see the same glaring problems that have plagued us for the last 5 years still here its concerning. Its not up to the fanbase to accept McD. Its up to McD to prove to the fanbase he is the guy for the job. So far he has given us nothing.

KCL
10-26-2010, 01:52 PM
Pat Bowlen needs to go? that's crazy, this isn't a communist state yet IIRC. Is there a Mrs Bowlen or a Bowlen jr? if so, they need to take care of the family business in bringing in a GM/someone with the know how to run this business.

Lamar Hunt's son took over and so far so good this season.
Of course this was after Lamar passed away

rcsodak
10-26-2010, 01:58 PM
I think we all want him to succeed. We just don't think he will.

On what basis do you think he will succeed and become a great coach? What has he done here in Denver to encourage such belief?
Losers dont have hot wives.
First 6 games of his tenure.
Proficiency of passing game (including wr's nobody could utilize).
Flashes of greatness (tenn/nyj/nyg, etc)
Coaching tree/pedigree.
Bloodline.

34yo? I believe he'll learn and adopt. He's not dumb. He realizes his coaching life is on the line.

Northman
10-26-2010, 02:01 PM
Coaching tree/pedigree.
Bloodline.

34yo? I believe he'll learn and adopt. He's not dumb. He realizes his coaching life is on the line.

He's also 10-13 as a HC. Its all about winning nothing else.

Ravage!!!
10-26-2010, 02:04 PM
losers have hot wives. The first 6 games of his tenure mean squat. The offense didn't score, just the defense kept the other team from scorng.

Every team has their "flashes" of greatness. IE... Oakland against Denver last Sunday.

Mangini, Crennell, Weis.... all have the same tree.

rcsodak
10-26-2010, 02:08 PM
I sleep just fine dude. Its just a message board after all.
yea......I guess its better to beat up others here than at home.

Ilm prolly gonna get flamed for this, but itl how I feel (hopefully some wont become stupid):
I compare whats happening to the organization,to 9/11. I firmly believe in my heart of hearts, that like our Nation came together on 9/12, that the Bronco Nation should as well. Like we backed our Govt/Pres/Troops, so should we with Bowlen/FO/McD/Players.

There. I SAID IT. Attack at will.

Northman
10-26-2010, 02:12 PM

Ilm prolly gonna get flamed for this, but itl how I feel (hopefully some wont become stupid):
I compare whats happening to the organization,to 9/11. I firmly believe in my heart of hearts, that like our Nation came together on 9/12, that the Bronco Nation should as well. Like we backed our Govt/Pres/Troops, so should we with Bowlen/FO/McD/Players.

Nah, nobody died here. You get an "A" for effort though.

Thats like saying all the Nazi's that believed in Hitler backed him and shouldnt question his judgement. (kind of ironic i watched Valkyrie last night which dealt with that topic) Just because you have a guy in power doesnt mean he is doing the people, the fans, any good. To be a true individual you have to question things that you feel arent right. To have faith is great, but you have to have something to believe in first.

I would gladly back McD if i actually saw something that i felt was progress. Nothing he has done has shown me that.

Ravage!!!
10-26-2010, 02:13 PM
The difference is.... instead of it being a "surprise attack" no one saw coming.... many people have pointed out that this team just isn't good for a long time now. Its like pointing to the planes a thousand miles away and saying.. "here they come, here they come.. here they come".... then trying to act as if you didn't see this coming.

Ravage!!!
10-26-2010, 02:14 PM
Nah, nobody died here. You get an "A" for effort though.

Thats like saying all the Nazi's that believed in Hitler backed him and shouldnt question his judgement. (kind of ironic i watched Valkyrie last night which dealt with that topic) Just because you have a guy in power doesnt mean he is doing the people, the fans, any good. To be a true individual you have to question things that you feel arent right. To have faith is great, but you have to have something to believe in first.

I would gladly back McD if i actually saw something that i felt was progress. Nothing he has done has shown me that.

Oh... great example. your's is MUCH better than mine :tsk:

KCL
10-26-2010, 02:16 PM
Fine, i dont agree with you. We've been waiting for change for 5 years already. The team was already in the process of being rebuilt and didnt need to be stripped down again in my opinion. But keep in mind just because you want to be patient for the next however long it takes some of us dont. We are entitled to feel that way and when we see the same glaring problems that have plagued us for the last 5 years still here its concerning. Its not up to the fanbase to accept McD. Its up to McD to prove to the fanbase he is the guy for the job. So far he has given us nothing.

Hey every team should have a 5 year plan...LMAO.

jhildebrand
10-26-2010, 02:26 PM
First 6 games of his tenure

More hypocrisy and double standard. For a guy who bashed Shanahan who won two SB's yet according to you, was held onto far too long you sure would like to hang your hat on the fluke of flukes in going 6-0. :lol:

Maybe we should give him an extension right now :coffee:

Ravage!!!
10-26-2010, 02:34 PM
I get the belief that some coaches need more time to succeed. I don't want to fall into the coaching carouselthat so many teams have. BUT.. how many first time HCs fail in the NFL? A BUNCH. Just because the guy is the HC, doesn't mean he WILL succeed simply by given more time. Thats not the recipe for success.

The problem is that McD has created more drama than he's fixed. This "vision" he had of getting bigger stronger, faster and "smarter" is what every coach would/has said. But the proof is in the pudding.

Northman
10-26-2010, 02:37 PM
I get the belief that some coaches need more time to succeed. I don't want to fall into the coaching carouselthat so many teams have. BUT.. how many first time HCs fail in the NFL? A BUNCH. Just because the guy is the HC, doesn't mean he WILL succeed simply by given more time. Thats not the recipe for success.

The problem is that McD has created more drama than he's fixed. This "vision" he had of getting bigger stronger, faster and "smarter" is what every coach would/has said. But the proof is in the pudding.

Problem is (and i agree with your points here) is that even for the coaches who start out slow you can still see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thats not happening here in Denver and thus the difference between McD and say the guy running the Falcons or Sean Payton 4 years ago. You have to see progress at least within the first 2 years and we just havent seen it to justify McD a success.

G_Money
10-26-2010, 02:44 PM

OMG. Scary parallel to libs :eek:

Okay.

So if you had a lousy girlfriend who talked big about responsibility and commitment but kept getting fired from jobs (never her fault, she says) and slept around on you (but is giving up drinking so that doesn't happen again, she says) you would believe in her until she left you for a sugar daddy? :confused: What would make you dump the girl, if the current empirical evidence was stacked against her but she gave you reasons to believe the future will be better? I mean, you picked her. You obviously thought she had great qualities. How and when would you decide that what you saw originally was an imperfect assessment of her?

If you had a president who promised he would fix the economy and relieve the tax burden while correcting health care, what would you need to see in order to believe those things might never happen under his watch? Or would you believe him because it's your job as a patriot to believe him and back him 100% because of his job title (leader of the country you care about)?

--------------------------------

I want Josh to be a great coach and a great leader. So far he's fought with several of the star players he was given and rode them all out of town, wrested control of the GM duties from Goodman and had him fired, and feuded with his hand-picked DC and then let him "pursue other opportunities" while our new DC is a downgrade.

This was done while squandering picks to jump around a draft he was ill-prepared for and wasting high-round picks on inadequate players, changing the blocking scheme and sending the remnants of the league's best running attack out of town on a rail, having his record careen to 4-13 after his hot start with the worst running attack in the league, capped by the worst loss in team history - all with the talent he's chosen to run his schemes.

Now, from here out, maybe this is a growth experience. Maybe this forges leaders on the team, or inspires play and coaching to go to the next level. Maybe they run the table from here out and lay down the law in the AFC West.

Maybe they just improve greatly to finish near .500 as the young talent learns how to play and the injured recover enough to contribute, or they meander and never really get better than this.

Maybe they fall in the gutter and flail further into helpless ineptitude.

But right now, based on everything you've seen, it seems like you're stating that you wouldn't predict anything but success because the mere act of EXAMINING the potential for failure is itself a failure as a fan.

Critical assessment of the path taken thus far is somehow quitting on the team.

And I just can't go along with that.

----------------------------------------

As with the stock market, past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results, but some actual building needs to start happening soon. Because no matter how much someone believes that Scott Linehan could have turned it around in St. Louis, at some point the guy writing the check folds that particular hand of cards and asks for a new one.

I don't see much more young talent on this team than I saw in 2008. There's more veteran talent on D, but no one who is ready to supplant them any time soon as they get old. The young corners are no more proven than D-Will/Foxy/Paymah, and the odds that any of em are more than nickels isn't good. Smith is already gone. The DL hasn't improved one iota in young talent. Neither have the LBs, unless you buy Ayers. And the vets aren't performing as we had hoped.

The 3 good OL were all here in 2008. The RBs who aren't here any more are probably better than the ones that are. Our WRs are better now, certainly deeper. Is that 2 years of progress that someone else couldn't have done?

What is it that McDaniels has done positively that is something others couldn't have? Add Orton? He doesn't believe in Orton either or he wouldn't have drafted Tebow.

I haven't yet seen what makes him the right man for the job. And just believing that there are things coming that will make his current moves turn out right and his future moves will all come up roses is a bit beyond me right now.

He's got the rest of the year to show his gardening skill. If it still looks like a dead wasteland at the end of year two, I expect a new gardener.

Hope his green thumb kicks in soon. That's not bailing on him as a coach, that's assessing his job over the last year and a half and deciding it's not good enough to continue his employment if he can't improve before year-end.

I still hope we kick San Fran all over England, then come back here and take down the West like a bull in a china shop. But I haven't seen that team recently, and I don't know if the team I have seen is capable of that.

I just don't.

~G

jhildebrand
10-26-2010, 02:44 PM
Problem is (and i agree with your points here) is that even for the coaches who start out slow you can still see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thats not happening here in Denver and thus the difference between McD and say the guy running the Falcons or Sean Payton 4 years ago. You have to see progress at least within the first 2 years and we just havent seen it to justify McD a success.

To add to it Raheem Morris and Spagnuolo looked terrible last year! The progress is clear this year!

Speaking of, I was flamed for mentioning I like Freeman as a QB. Funny that kid is doing quite well leading his team.

KCL
10-26-2010, 02:58 PM

Should we and myself included hold a moment of silence for the death that the Broncos suffered last Sunday..maybe even two..;)

just messing with you rc

Mike
10-26-2010, 03:07 PM
Coaching tree/pedigree.
Bloodline.

So you pretty much got nothing substantial.

Here's what I see:

-No improvement in getting the ball in the endzone.
-No growth or improvement in the trenches on either side of the ball.
-Huge decline in running.
-Multiple accounts of players/coaches having personality differences with McD.
-Multiple screw ups involving the wasting or throwing away of draft picks.
-Little to no growth on the field (4 wins out of last however many games).
-Outrageously piss poor divisional record at home.
-One of the most embarrassing home losses in the history of the team.

I am sure there is more, but I believe what I have listed is enough to put any coach on the hot seat and puts to question how anyone can believe he is or will become a great HC.

I Eat Staples
10-26-2010, 03:23 PM

Personally I liked your post better the first time. :D

Ravage!!!
10-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Personally I liked your post better the first time. :D

I know... I ws tempted to take back My high five after seeing the edit :tsk:

Northman
10-26-2010, 04:09 PM
I know... I ws tempted to take back My high five after seeing the edit :tsk:

Awe come on!

Like you never gave in to a pair of tits before. :lol:

KCL
10-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Awe come on!

:lol:

scott.475
10-26-2010, 04:22 PM
Awe come on!

That is why she is the perfect mod. Most of us are powerless against her.

Slick
10-26-2010, 04:27 PM

I preached patience, but I don't remember apologizing for him. I am/was willing to cut him some slack concerning the mountain of injuries.

I prepared myself for a 5 win season because I didn't think this schedule was very favorable for us.

However, this was one of my 5 wins. :bandit:

He could still turn it around, but it seems highly unlikely.

I'm man enough to admit when I am wrong.

Northman
10-26-2010, 04:29 PM
I preached patience, but I don't remember apologizing for him. I am/was willing to cut him some slack concerning the mountain of injuries.

I prepared myself for a 5 win season because I didn't think this schedule was very favorable for us.

However, this was one of my 5 wins. :bandit:

He could still turn it around, but it seems highly unlikely.

I'm man enough to admit when I am wrong.

Somehow i think this was one of my wins too. Hmmm, it could change drastically. lol

Northman
10-26-2010, 04:34 PM
So far, in this thread i predicted us to go 7-9. I got some catching up to do.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172780&highlight=Season+predictions

I predicted 7 wins here too but the Oakland game killed my run.
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172785&highlight=Season+predictions

@Jacksonville Loss
Seattle Win
Indianapolis Loss
@Tennessee Win
@Baltimore Loss
Jets Loss
Oakland Win
@San Francisco (London) Win
BYE
Kansas City Win
@San Diego Loss
St. Louis Win
@Kansas City Loss
@Arizona Loss
@Oakland Loss
Houston Loss
San Diego Loss

TXBRONC
10-26-2010, 05:23 PM

Critical comments of the coach are not necessarily demonizing the coaches.

Attacking other posters and demonizing them just because you don't agree is in no way, shape, or form being positive. It's divisive and maybe even hateful but certainly not positive.

BroncoNut
10-26-2010, 06:03 PM
mapquest

rcsodak
10-26-2010, 09:56 PM
Critical comments of the coach are not necessarily demonizing the coaches.

Attacking other posters and demonizing them just because you don't agree is in no way, shape, or form being positive. It's divisive and maybe even hateful but certainly not positive.

I guess maybe some of you should show me, then, where ya'll have been "attacked", "demonized". Then maybe we'll know.

rcsodak
10-26-2010, 10:00 PM
So far, in this thread i predicted us to go 7-9. I got some catching up to do.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172780&highlight=Season+predictions

I predicted 7 wins here too but the Oakland game killed my run.
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172785&highlight=Season+predictions

@Jacksonville Loss
Seattle Win
Indianapolis Loss
@Tennessee Win
@Baltimore Loss
Jets Loss
Oakland Win
@San Francisco (London) Win
BYE
Kansas City Win
@San Diego Loss
St. Louis Win