PDA

View Full Version : Another Texan fan's point of view.

Italianmobstr7
08-08-2008, 01:35 PM
http://mvn.com/nfl-texans/2008/08/08/texans-vs-denver-preview-why-denver-wont-win/

Why the Denver Broncos wont beat the Texans

I’ve got a message for all you Broncos fans who think you’re going to walk off with an easy preseason victory: good luck. You think you have an advantage against Houston? Tell me where that is. Actually spare me, I know what you’re going to say:

Ignorant Broncos Fan: “But Jay Cutler’s back and healthy this season! He’ll throw all over your secondary!”

Jay Cutler you say? Who exactly is he going to throw to? You think Fred Bennett’s going to have a hard time shutting down Brandon Stokely? Please.

Ignorant Broncos Fan: “He can throw to Tony Sheffler!”

Tony Sheffler’s not bailing you out. He’ll get some catches, but don’t sit there and tell me that Demeco Ryans can’t handle him. Which one of them went to the Pro Bowl? Oh yea, that’s right.

IBF: “Darrell Jackson?!”

Please. There’s a reason he’s been on three different teams over the past three seasons. He had Hasselbeck feeding him the ball as the no. 1 receiver out there and still couldn’t break 1000 yds receiving. And don’t even talk to me about Keary Colbert. That kid’s just garbage. Face it, your receivers are terrible. Let’s just hope Brandon Marshall doesn’t pick a fight with another TV once he gets back from that DUI suspension. Then you’ll really be in trouble.

IBF: “We wont even need to throw, we’ll be running all day on you guys because we’re the DENVER BRONCOS!!! ‘98-’99 SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!”

Yeah, m’kay. Last time you guys came into town Selvin Young was SHUT DOWN. Now he’s suddenly going to break out?

IBF: “He’s gotten bigger and stronger in the offseason!”

So did Amobi Okoye. And Mario Williams. I know you remember him.

IBF: “Anthony Aldridge will break out and pick up Selvin’s slack when the backups start to play!”

I like Aldridge, but there’s not much of a drop-off when the Texans 2nd team defense takes the field. Xavier Adibi and Frank Okam will still give your man fits.

IBF: “Well our defense…”

Denver has one of those? In only one of your nine losses last year did you manage to hold a team under 20 points (they scored 19).

IBF: “But the Texans defense is terrible! Go John Elway!”

That “terrible” defense held you guys to 13 points last season. You’re offensive line couldn’t handle Mario by himself. What makes you think they’ll be able to handle Mario, an improved Amobi, and Roosevelt Colvin all bum-rushing Cutler at the same time? It just wont happen. To be honest, I feel bad for your boy Clady. He will leave the field traumatized by Mario.

You’re only chance to win (however unlikely it may be) lies with your starters. Once they leave the game it’s over. If it’s still close when the 2nd string takes the field (and it wont be), the Broncos will lose. Sage Rosenfels would be a starter on at least 10 other teams* and will shred your backup secondary. Patrick Ramsey proved he couldn’t be a starter, in Washington (and we all know just how tough the competition was out there).

I think I’ve made my point. The Broncos will not win.

The floor is now open for debate.

*Rosenfels could easily start on the Buccaneers, Falcons, Vikings, Chiefs, 49ers, Bears, Dolphins, Bills, Ravens or Redskins. He could also probably steal the starting spot for the Lions or Packers.

This guy is a total idiot, and I told him so right on his own blog. You should too. He says that he's a "homer" but he "tries to be realistic." Anyone can tell from reading this article that not only is he unrealistic, but he has almost no idea what he's talking about. This is the first pre-season game and the guy is posting this stuff. He wants to have a career writing for the Texans and the NFL. Articles like this aren't going to get him anywhere though.

MOtorboat
08-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Wow, they are getting really worked up over a preseason game.

FYI...worry about the Colts, Jaguars and Titans...and good luck making the playoffs :2thumbs:

shank
08-08-2008, 01:39 PM
lol, it's preseason.

shank
08-08-2008, 01:39 PM
and why would you be so hostile to the broncos as a texans fan? we're like brothers in arms!

LRtagger
08-08-2008, 01:57 PM
You’re only chance to win (however unlikely it may be) lies with your starters. Once they leave the game it’s over.

Oh yea, that's right...I forgot about that new rule the NFL enstated this year that even during the regular season, your starters are only allowed to play the first series of every game. :rolleyes:

Who gives a crap if their second or third string QB is better than ours? I'll gladly take the team with a better first string then the team with the better second and third string.

I also like how he conveniently left Marshall out of his "blog". :coffee:

Moron

SR
08-08-2008, 02:16 PM
If I was a Texans fan, I'd look forward to the Preseason too. It doesn't matter then if they win or lose.

honz
08-08-2008, 02:22 PM
LOL. What a douche. Didn't the Giants lose every pre-season game last year? Real important stuff I tell ya!

Northman
08-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Yea, i played with the little boy on his site. Pretty funny. Especially the quote about Sage being able to start on 10 different teams when he couldnt even win the job in Washington and Miami. bwahhahahaaaa.

Italianmobstr7
08-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Yea, i played with the little boy on his site. Pretty funny. Especially the quote about Sage being able to start on 10 different teams when he couldnt even win the job in Washington and Miami. bwahhahahaaaa.

Yeah I saw. I owned this guy. He apologized and started making excuses about how he has some disorder and stuff...

Thnikkaman
08-08-2008, 03:25 PM
I hate my jobs internet filter.

SOCALORADO.
08-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Yeah I saw. I owned this guy. He apologized and started making excuses about how he has some disorder and stuff...

You knucklehead!
Thats me!
I was the one impersonating him! Look closely at his name and the name on the "other" posts!

Nature Boy
08-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Like the read. The Texans fan is quite funny, optimistic and does make sense. The Texans are not far from the Broncos if not about equal in talent, in coaching staff as well.

Italianmobstr7
08-08-2008, 04:54 PM
You knucklehead!
Thats me!
I was the one impersonating him! Look closely at his name and the name on the "other" posts!

Nice. I feel a little dumb about that, but either way HE was saying I was right too. Either way, it was funny.

Northman
08-08-2008, 05:08 PM
You knucklehead!
Thats me!

I figured someone was just posing as him and calling himself retarded. :lol::lol:

SOCALORADO.
08-08-2008, 08:11 PM
I figured someone was just posing as him and calling himself retarded. :lol::lol:

Nice. I feel a little dumb about that, but either way HE was saying I was right too. Either way, it was funny.

LOL!! I had no choice! Jeez!
I think someone gave that kid a Pepsi this morning and he just couldnt help himself, He went "homer crazy"!
I couldnt believe someone would actually "preview" a pre-season game!
WTF!?!?

:defense:

slim
08-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Like the read. The Texans fan is quite funny, optimistic and does make sense. The Texans are not far from the Broncos if not about equal in talent, in coaching staff as well.

Has anyone picked up Travis Henry yet?

LRtagger
08-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Has anyone picked up Travis Henry yet?

He's too good for the NFL. Heard he was the new ball boy for the Crush.