PDA

View Full Version : Raiders prepaing for Tebow

Jagsbch
10-22-2010, 12:47 PM
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/images/stories/large/2010/08/30/tim_tebow_103714737.jpg

Oakland coach Tom Cable said he expects to see Tebow take at least a handful of snaps Sunday when the Raiders renew their rivalry with the Broncos in a matchup of 2-4 teams.

“I think you have to” prepare for the Tebow packages, Cable said. “Obviously, he’s got a background in it. As he gets more acclimated to the NFL, I’m sure he’ll play more.”

With starting quarterback Kyle Orton split out wide on all eight snaps, Tebow carried the ball six times for 23 yards, including a 5-yard touchdown run, and handed off to Correll Buckhalter twice.

“It felt good just to be able to go in there and try to help the team,” Tebow said.

The big question now is: when will Tebow throw his first pass as a pro?

“I’m just going to do whatever they ask me to do and try to do it with all my heart,” Tebow said in his don’t-rock-the-boat manner.

Is he antsy to air it out though?

“I’m just excited that I get a chance to be on the field,” he said. “Whatever they ask, I am going to do the best I can.”

Here’s the deal: The Broncos know they’re going to have to add a passing wrinkle for Tebow’s occasional playing time to remain effective and to loosen up the running lanes, too.

“We can’t do the same thing with it week after week after week,” Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said. “We’ll probably continue to tinker with it, including his ability to throw the ball...”

“It’s great to have all those big guys in front of me,” Tebow said. “They make the job easy.”

Although the Broncos call their version of the Wildcat offense the “Wildhorse,” they don’t really have a name for Tebow’s menu, using names such as Trip, Blimp, Raven and Steer for his plays last Sunday.

“Blimp’s the one with all the big, fat guys in the game,” McDaniels explained.

The only time the Broncos lined up with their traditional formation was on his TD run, when they had three tight ends and fullback Spencer Larsen also on the field...

Orton said he’d love to be left uncovered and catch a pass from Tebow sometime. But he’s not working with the receivers on the Jugs machine just yet.

“Don’t have to,” he insisted. “I’ve got great hands.”

http://www.gazette.com/sports/time-106768-denver-englewood.html

MasterShake
10-22-2010, 12:58 PM
I'd love to see him throw to Orton for a flea flicker or vice versa.

Northman
10-22-2010, 01:02 PM
I would like to see Tebow throw as well in those packages just so as long as he doesnt force it if its not there. Because of his limited time he might get too excited and make a bad decision with the ball. Keep it simple, if its not there dont throw it.

MileHighCrew
10-22-2010, 01:11 PM
Mistakes happen it is part of growing. I would like to see them cut him loose a little bit if they are going to use that package.
I think it is a case of if you are going to use Tebow then use all of his talents.

I Eat Staples
10-22-2010, 02:05 PM
If you have two QBs you have none.

broncobryce
10-22-2010, 02:34 PM
Tell that to the eagles
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rcsodak
10-22-2010, 02:59 PM
wonder what cable would do if they start the game with TT behind center.

shank
10-22-2010, 03:06 PM
“Don’t have to,” he insisted. “I’ve got great hands.”

this needs to happen.

LawDog
10-22-2010, 04:00 PM
I see it going like this: Orton split out wide right and uncovered, drops back at the snap so Tebow can use that lefty motion to throw a quick lateral to Orton who then passes to the left center to hit Lloyd on a post - touchdown.

The Glue Factory
10-22-2010, 04:43 PM
I see it going like this: Orton split out wide right and uncovered, drops back at the snap so Tebow can use that lefty motion to throw a quick lateral to Orton who then passes to the left center to hit Lloyd on a post - touchdown.

Or Royal, or Thomas. :woot:

It wouldn't surprise me if we don't see Tebow at all, either.

broncobryce
10-22-2010, 05:39 PM
Negative Post!

PAINTERDAVE
10-22-2010, 05:57 PM
Or Royal, or Thomas. :woot:

It wouldn't surprise me if we don't see Tebow at all, either.

I would be quite surprised if Tebow did not play.

You see... this IS a rebuilding year after all.

Tebow needs to get acclimated.
He is gaining experience and confidence.
He is getting his feet wet.

That is nearly as important as the win...

because we are about due for Ortons regualrly scheduled injury.
Kyle has never made it through a season without one.

I HOPE he stays healthy. Still gotta prepare for the day it happens.

I Eat Staples
10-22-2010, 06:37 PM
Tell that to the eagles

I live in an Eagles area and I say it to their fans all the time.

In their defense, their QBs had injuries. The only game that they subbed both QBs in and out was the first quarter against GB. They had 1 passing yard while doing that.

broncobryce
10-22-2010, 06:45 PM
The raiders are using practice time to prepare against tebow. How is that bad?

Jagsbch
10-22-2010, 07:38 PM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/573466/perrish_cox_denver_broncos_v_jacksonville_1cnyeb6k fx8l_medium.jpg

The Raiders having won their last two bought’s at Mile High, their passing defense however just gave up 627 yards and 4 touchdown’s the past two games.

Ironically, last season third string quarterback Charlie Frye started when the Broncos lost to the Raiders, he was replaced by JaMarcus Russell who led a valiant come from behind effort to win it late in the fourth quarter.

This season the Raiders are in some what of the same pickle. Starting quarterback Jason Cambell injured his left knee and is doubtful to start, leaving third string Kyle Boller and his 48/50 touchdown to interception ratio to start while facing a secondary sporting two rookies this weekend.

"Tell them, come on," said starting rookie cornerback Perrish Cox regarding who ever starts for the Raiders. "I'm ready..."

"The thing about being a rookie corner in this league is it's so easy to find you," Broncos defensive back Nate Jones said. "Quarterbacks just love it. But he's holding his own."

Josh McDaniels may have a 2-4 team, but his players seem to be oblivious to this notion given the playoff aspirations are still alive and well in Denver. With the Broncos just one win back behind the division leading Chiefs Josh McDaniels not only expects his team to get into the playoff tournament, but apparently he has the team believing the same considering the swagger it posses.

"I think there’s opportunity," McDaniels said. "But I think it still comes down to what we are going to do from now until the end of the year. If we keep getting better and keep making progress in some of the areas we are not proficient in at this point, then I think you are going to have a better football team in November and December, which is our goal."

Broncos have not been proficient in the redzone, on 3rd downs, nor in their endeavor to get off to a good early start in games as their record will attest: the Broncos have only scored 7 points in the first quarter through 6 games this season. Did I forget to mention the rushing woes...

Yet despite back to back losses there is a new development in the Broncos locker room, it seems as though Head Coach Josh McDaniels has suddenly ushered in the PlaTebow effect, yes the same phenomena known in medical circles as the Placebo Effect...

Rest of the article here, but most of you have already read it before this was for a new audience... (http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/10/22/1768653/denver-broncos-swagger-with-a-cocky-cox)

I Eat Staples
10-22-2010, 08:18 PM

It's bad if we play him.

Also, way to avoid my post after your Eagles comment was proved horrendously false.

broncobryce
10-23-2010, 01:36 PM
It's bad if we play him.

Also, way to avoid my post after your Eagles comment was proved horrendously false.

It wasn't false, I just try to avoid stupid pissing matches especially with people who thrive on negativity. It's just not that important to me.
Sorry to burst your bubble.

BCJ
10-24-2010, 02:29 AM

because they are dumb enough to forget to practice to prepare against Orton.

broncobryce
10-24-2010, 04:02 AM
because they are dumb enough to forget to practice to prepare against Orton.

Orton does not exist. We don't have a quarterback

T.K.O.
10-24-2010, 10:08 AM
yeah right !....like anyone can "prepare" for tebow:beer::laugh:

I Eat Staples
10-24-2010, 11:24 AM
It wasn't false, I just try to avoid stupid pissing matches especially with people who thrive on negativity. It's just not that important to me.
Sorry to burst your bubble.

You implied the Eagles were successful by rotating QBs. I pointed out that the one time they did that, they gained only one passing yard. Therefore, your implication was false. Yes, the Eagles have two good QBs. But aside from that disaster of a first quarter week one, the Eagles have played just one QB during the course of a game. Rotating QBs does not bring success.

Admitting when you're wrong is the first step to being right.

broncobryce
10-24-2010, 02:03 PM
You implied the Eagles were successful by rotating QBs. I pointed out that the one time they did that, they gained only one passing yard. Therefore, your implication was false. Yes, the Eagles have two good QBs. But aside from that disaster of a first quarter week one, the Eagles have played just one QB during the course of a game. Rotating QBs does not bring success.

You said if you have 2 QB's you have none. If the Eagles only had 1, when Kolb got injured they would have been screwed. I said NOTHING about rotating QB's, you just took one thing and twisted it the way you see fit so you could start a pissing match.

broncobryce
10-24-2010, 02:13 PM

Please quote my post where I implied the eagles were successful by rotating QB's. I'll wait.