girler
10-22-2010, 12:27 PM
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/25477523/detail.html

Appliance Store Offers Freebies If Broncos Shut Out Raiders

Items Must Be Purchased By Saturday Night

Deb Stanley, 7NEWS Producer
POSTED: 10:16 am MDT October 22, 2010
UPDATED: 10:45 am MDT October 22, 2010

DENVER -- Some Denver Broncos fans are hoping the Broncos not only beat the Raiders this Sunday, they want the Raiders shut out.
That's because Appliance Factory Outlet is offering a unique promotion. If the Broncos shut out the Raiders on Sunday, October 24, appliance buyers will get their purchases for free.
To qualify, buyers must purchase a refrigerator, freezer, washer, dryer, oven, range, stove, cook top, dishwasher, pedestal, microwaves and/or garbage disposal with a purchase price of more than $475 per item and less than $3000, per item. The purchase has to be paid for in full by Sunday. Buyers will get a refund for the full price if the Broncos hold the Raiders scoreless.
Learn more about the rules on the Appliance Factory Outlet website.
The Broncos play the Raiders Sunday at 2:15 p.m. at Invesco Field at Mile High.

Interesting angle! If I was buying appliances this weekend, this would definitely make me think twice about where I bought them!

Nomad
10-22-2010, 12:31 PM
Fans are going to be paying off the sprinkler guy, like in the Buffalo Wild Wings commercial, to help shut out the Raiders!:D

rcsodak
10-22-2010, 12:37 PM
with janikowski in mile high?

I'd say the store is safe.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Nomad
10-22-2010, 12:48 PM

Is the booze stronger in Denver and he'll have a worse hangover Sunday???:lol:

MileHighCrew
10-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Quick someone in Denver get me an Easy Bake Oven!!!!!

girler
10-22-2010, 01:38 PM

Party pooper.

Seriously, I bet the store gets a few suckers though! If I had any money, I'd go get me a new dishwasher or something, then pay for a voodoo curse or something. :laugh:

gnomeflinger
10-22-2010, 01:43 PM
I need a new fridge. Someone go buy one for me and I'll pay you back if the Raiders get shut out.

LoyalSoldier
10-22-2010, 01:48 PM
I would laugh if half of Denver went out and bought an appliance and the Raiders do get shut out. That place would be broke.

rcsodak
10-22-2010, 02:47 PM
They should jack up the prices while theyre at it. Might as well make hay while the hayings good.

underrated29
10-22-2010, 02:52 PM
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/25477523/detail.html

Interesting angle! If I was buying appliances this weekend, this would definitely make me think twice about where I bought them!

I remember when that car dealership here in denver did that. They said if the broncos win the superbowl you car is free. It was like week 5 or 6 of the 96 year or whatever. And sure enough we won our first superbowl. Dont know what happened to that car dealership but Some people sure made out good.

shank
10-22-2010, 03:13 PM
my brother's fridge is broken...

Thnikkaman
10-22-2010, 03:19 PM
I would laugh if half of Denver went out and bought an appliance and the Raiders do get shut out. That place would be broke.

I'm sure that they are insured for such an event, otherwise they wouldn't do it.

dogfish
10-22-2010, 04:39 PM
i'm gonna go buy a badass gas range and cooktop, and return it on monday if the shutout doesn't happen. . .

:D

BroncoJoe
10-22-2010, 04:42 PM
The official jeweler for the Broncos in 1997 had a similar offer - buy anything in the store, and get full credit back if the Broncos won the Superbowl.

It was a good year to purchase my wife's wedding ring...

dogfish
10-22-2010, 04:47 PM
I'm sure that they are insured for such an event, otherwise they wouldn't do it.

i'm sure you're correct, but it's not like they need it. . . the NFL has played 90+ games this year without a single shutout happening-- if i get a chance, i'm going to figure out when the last one was. . . it was probably a historic moment, because it was most likely the last one ever. . .

the NFL hates the thought of a shutout like a preacher hates sin. . . with the increased emphasis against tackling, defensive football is going the way of the dinosaur. . .

edit; didn't take long-- there were two shutouts in week 17 last year. . .

PAINTERDAVE
10-22-2010, 06:16 PM
When a company does a promotion like this...
they purchase an insurance package to cover it.

So for the cost of the premium... they get to advertise like they do.

They actually would be happy to see it happen...
it wont cost them a penny more...
and the free publicity would be a bonus.

Ravage!!!
10-24-2010, 07:38 PM
Well.... the owner is pretty safe.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Well.... the owner is pretty safe.

So because we lost by 40+ does he get to charge double? :lol: