PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos: Fantasy Darlings?

Jagsbch
10-21-2010, 08:50 PM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/572738/knowshon_moreno_seattle_seahawks_v_denver_rhgtdelx m7kl_medium.jpg

So I am reading through the USA Today Sports Weekly paper, and as I browse through the fantasy meter I noticed how it not only listed RB Knowshon Moreno as the 13th best RB, but made the claim that the Broncos were "fantasy darlings".

I am guessing the Broncos worst rushing offense in the league jacking the Jets defense for two touchdowns and 145 yards last week, must look pretty good going up against the Oakland Raiders 29th ranked scoring defense this week.

Raiders rushing defense allowed the 49ers to have the longest rushing play of the season Sunday. Frank Gore had 149 yards that is more than he had in 3 games combined this season.

Last week the Broncos 34 passing attempts turned out to be the least amount all season. This may be a trend considering we ought to expect a physical smash mouth game this weekend against the dreaded Rival Raiders.

But then again the Raiders have allowed the 3rd most passing touchdowns this season, so I guess this could be the reason the Broncos are sporting 3 wide receivers inside the top 32 in this weeks paper.

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Brandon+Lloyd+Denver+Broncos+v+Baltimore+Ravens+jG a5A2UHJwZl.jpg

7 Brandon Lloyd
24 Jabar Gaffney
31 Eddie Royal

10 Kyle Orton

I imagine Tim Tebows emergence as a legit red zone threat may have something to do with Orton being jacked down as well as his decline in reps.

Fantasy tip No.1

Now considering Ortons 0-12 record in half of the games this season in the red zone, starting Tebow may indeed be a way overboard homerish thing to do, but picking him up on your roster now while you may still have a chance may be a no-brainer at this point. CHAMPIONSHIP~!!

Fantasy tip 2
With Demaryius Thomas and Eddie Royal banged up, Eric Decker in the slot ought to be a decent option to consider. He could very well indeed emerge big time on the fantasy radar this weekend.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/572747/20100831_104612_ericdecker_300_medium.jpg

The Broncos passing defense that had two interceptions against Mark Sanchez who had yet to throw any interceptions at all this season. The rushing defense of the Broncos held both Chris Johnson and Ladainian Tomlinson to less than 60 yards rushing each.

Raiders appearantly starting their 3rd string quarterback Kyle Bowler this week, could certainly make for a long day for the Raiders, even if Jason Cambell starts for that matter, considering the horrible game he had last week.

Knowing this, the emphasis of the Broncos defense will more than likely be to force the Raiders to beat the them through the air this weekend, you can count on the rushing game to be shutdown. If the Raiders are going to have any chance of winning the game at all, it will have to be through the air which means even more Interceptions this week.

I was surprised seeing the Broncos defense ranked so low, in light of the woes the Raiders possess coming into this game. 16th? Really?

On a final note, Matt Prater was listed 3rd best kicker this weekend. His career-long 59-yarder against the Jets may have had something to do with that.

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Matt+Prater+New+York+Jets+v+Denver+Broncos+uoCZ1XI bB_Il.jpg

broncobryce
10-21-2010, 08:52 PM
I hope eddie plays, but I don't think he will. Maybe sit him out this week and let him rest.

FanInAZ
10-21-2010, 09:13 PM
I've already got Orton, Lloyd & Gaffney starting in one FF league; Royal & Gaffney in the other. I just checked Eric Decker's stats, he has produced exactly 0 FF points so far. So I'm not going to bank on him being an adequate replacement Royal should he not go. I already have Brandon Tate & Michael Jenkins on that roster as possible replacements. I'll probably give Jenkins the nod because Tate let me down last week in the first week I started him.

Jagsbch
10-21-2010, 09:41 PM
Michael Jenkins set a career high in receiving yards last week, and the Falcons could find themselves in a shoot out against the Bengals. Nice move...:salute:

camdisco24
10-22-2010, 09:59 AM
All I know is, Llyod has been my fantasy football savior this season! My WR's are awesome this year and half of them are Broncos. I also have Orton as a starter and thats been great too. Love it when Broncos players benefit me haha. Now if they could just benefit me with a few more REAL LIFE wins!!!

Jagsbch
10-22-2010, 10:28 AM
Speaking of Eric Decker (http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Helmets-Off-Eric-Decker/f06836e0-2092-4f6c-9938-3d75e6dd67bd)...

You’ve chipped in on special teams along with taking some snaps on offense — as a rookie do you feel you need to contribute in as many facets of the game as possible?

Eric:

“Definitely. It has to be that way, especially when you get deeper into the season and you get injuries, it’s kind of the next man up."

Obviously it’s a smaller roster than college, as well, so you’ve got to be versatile in what you can do. As a rookie, you’ve just got to wait for your opportunities, and once you get them you’ve got to make the most of them."

slim
10-22-2010, 01:36 PM
I traded Orton for Desean Jackson.