PDA

View Full Version : Josh McDaniels is fired....

UnderArmour
10-20-2010, 05:19 PM
up for the game against the Raiders this week. Looks like he's not planning on taking the Raiders lightly.

http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_16387781?source=commented-

Don't let the Raiders' 2-4 record fool you, Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said today.

The more important record when it comes to the Raiders, McDaniels said, is that Oakland is 4-2 on the road against AFC West teams since 2008. That record includes two wins against Denver at Invesco Field at Mile High.

The Raiders return on Sunday for what will be first divisional game for the Broncos this season. One of the Raiders' two wins this season came against San Diego.

"Coach (Tom) Cable really does a good job of getting them ready to play on the road," McDaniels said. "They certainly out-played us, out-coached us, out-schemed us, out-adjusted us last December when they beat us here the last time we played them."

Both teams have serious injury concerns as they began their preparations today.

For the Broncos, nine players were held out of practice with various injuries, though McDaniels has not yet officially ruled anyone out of Sunday's game. The players not practicing are: safeties Brian Dawkins (knee) and Darcel McBath (ankle); wide receivers Brandon Lloyd (undisclosed) and Eddie Royal (groin); cornerbacks Champ Bailey (undisclosed, though he was kicked in the ribs last week) and Andre Goodman (quadriceps); linebackers Robert Ayers (foot) and Wesley Woodyard (hamstring); and defensive lineman Kevin Vickerson (groin).

The Raiders have not yet named a starting quarterback because of injuries to both Bruce Gradkowski (shoulder) and Jason Campbell (knee). Cable said Wednesday morning that Gradkowski, who missed the Raiders' last game, will try to practice today. Campbell injured his knee on Sunday against the 49ers but did not leave the game.

The Raiders' third quarterback is former Ravens starter Kyle Boller.

"It's difficult in that you'd like to be settled and know where you're headed, but we've got some issues," Cable said. "So, I don't really know when we'll have something definitive, hopefully tomorrow. But today we'll learn a lot, so we'll see."

Cable said running back Darren McFadden was also questionable because of a hamstring injury.

Footnote. The Broncos filled their two practice squad vacancies on Wednesday by signing former University of Wyoming defensive lineman Mitch Unrein — a native of Eaton — and tight end John Nalbone.

Lindsay H. Jones: 303-954-1262 or ljones@denverpost.com

shank
10-20-2010, 05:20 PM
i bet you're pretty proud of yourself.

GEM
10-20-2010, 05:23 PM
I would have maybe believed it if I didn't have 104.3 The Fan on right now and Schlereth is going off on the new hit policy and not about McDaniels being fired. :lol:

Gimpygod
10-20-2010, 05:37 PM
wuh? It's not true!? How my going to get all of this silly string back into the cans? Better yet what am I going to do with all this lube?!! There shall be retribution!:mad:

*I high-fived myself because that is some funny stuff right there, I don't care who you are!

broncobryce
10-20-2010, 06:47 PM
wuh? It's not true!? How my going to get all of this silly string back into the cans? Better yet what am I going to do with all this lube?!! There shall be retribution!:mad:

I have an idea..........

:lol:

KCL
10-20-2010, 07:51 PM
I have an idea..........

:lol:

:shocked:

what? Spread it on the Broncos jerseys??? :lol:

EMB6903
10-20-2010, 07:51 PM
This one is gonna be an absolute blow out.

jhildebrand
10-20-2010, 08:01 PM
Clever thread is clever

claymore
10-20-2010, 08:11 PM
It was almost the 4th best day of my life.

sneakers
10-20-2010, 08:17 PM
http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/i-see-what-you-did-there/1/seewhatyoudidtherewe.jpg

Northman
10-20-2010, 11:59 PM
I would hope he gets fired up every week and not just for the lowly Faid.

Gimpygod
10-21-2010, 10:14 AM

To stay on-topic I will add, I was really hoping Josh McDaniels got fired.

Lonestar
10-21-2010, 10:18 AM
I would hope he gets fired up every week and not just for the lowly Faid.

Since when has he not been fired up while on the field practice or game day.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Northman
10-21-2010, 11:34 AM
Since when has he not been fired up while on the field practice or game day.

Dont know, saw him twice in Bmore and he wasnt really all that fired up to me. Except maybe to yell at the players. This article is trying to single out this game where he is getting pumped up when my point is he should be fired up about every game. It shouldnt take a loss for him or the team to get reved up. This article would make more sense if it was printed before the Jets game but waiting until the lowly faid? I just find it hilarious.

rcsodak
10-21-2010, 11:51 AM
You might have more if you try locking your bedroom door. :hand:

rcsodak
10-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Dont know, saw him twice in Bmore and he wasnt really all that fired up to me. Except maybe to yell at the players. This article is trying to single out this game where he is getting pumped up when my point is he should be fired up about every game. It shouldnt take a loss for him or the team to get reved up. This article would make more sense if it was printed before the Jets game but waiting until the lowly faid? I just find it hilarious.
Pretty obvious, to me anyways, that it's because of their 2-4 record. I woud find it difficult to believe they'd have to worry about that with a top team (4-1) coming to town. Frankly, I'm tired of reading posts saying "I hope they take "team x" seriously "...especially divisional teams. The media is just as bad, imo.

Northman
10-21-2010, 12:01 PM
Pretty obvious, to me anyways, that it's because of their 2-4 record. I woud find it difficult to believe they'd have to worry about that with a top team (4-1) coming to town. Frankly, I'm tired of reading posts saying "I hope they take "team x" seriously "...especially divisional teams. The media is just as bad, imo.

Why? Its been a huge thorn in the side for this organization for a while now. If they took teams seriously every week we wouldnt see the epic meltdowns like we do against teams we "should" beat. I want a team thats driven to win every week, especially at home of all things. I find it funny you want to pin it on the 2-4 record yet it isnt the end of the world. I get told here all the time that we are still in playoff contention so the record shouldnt matter as to how they prepare every week.

jhildebrand
10-21-2010, 12:15 PM
off the top of my head:

Detroit (44 points a few years back)
Oakland last year
Washington last year
KC last year

This team deserves the heat for the "I hope they don't lay an egg" type talk. They created the pattern it is up to them to dispell it. Until then it SHOULD be talked about.

KCL
10-21-2010, 12:32 PM
off the top of my head:

Oakland last year
Washington last year
KC last year

This team deserves the heat for the "I hope they don't lay an egg" type talk. They created the pattern it is up to them to dispell it. Until then it SHOULD be talked about.

Don't worry about KC and Oakland..Denver is going to sweep them this season..someone on here who is VERY knowledgeable about football said so.

Northman
10-21-2010, 12:38 PM
Don't worry about KC and Oakland..Denver is going to sweep them this season..someone on here who is VERY knowledgeable about football said so.

Stating that Denver is going to sweep Oak and KC this year is like OR saying that the Raiders are winning the SB this year. :lol:

KCL
10-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Stating that Denver is going to sweep Oak and KC this year is like OR saying that the Raiders are winning the SB this year. :lol:

I can direct you to the thread...:lol:

jhildebrand
10-21-2010, 12:40 PM

I heard the same for the last 3-4 years. Good thing I wasn't told to hold my breath.

Ravage!!!
10-21-2010, 12:41 PM

Yeup yeup.. they know the coaches, and can see how our team "matches up" with the playcalling of your team and personnel, and should have NOOOO problem. Its very simple, in fact, if you can simply see that McDaniels coached with Crennel... BUT... Crennel NEVER coached with McD when he was the OC. So that, right THERE.... gives us the HUGE advantage!! ;)

KCL
10-21-2010, 12:44 PM
Yeup yeup.. they know the coaches, and can see how our team "matches up" with the playcalling of your team and personnel, and should have NOOOO problem. Its very simple, in fact, if you can simply see that McDaniels coached with Crennel... BUT... Crennel NEVER coached with McD when he was the OC. So that, right THERE.... gives us the HUGE advantage!! ;)

That was the first thread...there is another one...:D

rcsodak
10-21-2010, 01:40 PM
Why? Its been a huge thorn in the side for this organization for a while now. If they took teams seriously every week we wouldnt see the epic meltdowns like we do against teams we "should" beat. I want a team thats driven to win every week, especially at home of all things. I find it funny you want to pin it on the 2-4 record yet it isnt the end of the world. I get told here all the time that we are still in playoff contention so the record shouldnt matter as to how they prepare every week.
ugh. What I'm saying is I've never to this day heard a player/coach/waterbooy come out after a game and say they didnt take the other team seriously. I dont think its just the fans that know of the "any given sunday" syndrome.
I've heard the word "flat", and "poor execution"...."not using their head", etc....

I Eat Staples
10-21-2010, 02:53 PM
You're lucky I knew it was a joke, I would have had a sticky keyboard right now otherwise.

Poet
10-22-2010, 12:00 AM

McDaniels will spend more years as the Broncos HC than you will days on this earth.

OOOOOOOOH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

rcsodak
10-22-2010, 09:30 AM
off the top of my head:

Oakland last year
Washington last year
KC last year

I guess, then, even the higher echelon teams fall victim, since those teams you listed had more then just the one win.
Plus, you seem to be expanding on what I said..which was teams take their opponents seriously. And a few thougthtful fans saying "they bettter" is almost contemptable....at least as long as athletes are getting paid, and have pride(faid have 1/2).

tomjonesrocks
10-22-2010, 10:09 AM
With a lot of hard work--and a little luck--this team could...one day...be 3-4!

Thats what I'm talkin' about! Eyes on the prize...

I Eat Staples
10-24-2010, 11:32 AM
With a lot of hard work--and a little luck--this team could...one day...be 3-4!

Thats what I'm talkin' about! Eyes on the prize...

I like your sig.