PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp Highlights

Italianmobstr7
08-06-2008, 11:37 PM
Hey guys and girls, I don't know if any of you have seen these but here's the link to see the video highlights of every day at training camp so far!

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=609

I've watched a few so far. Marshall is a man among boys. Aldridge, Royal and Clady look great, and the D has been forcing turnovers all camp. Check them out!

topscribe
08-07-2008, 01:17 AM
Thanks. You know, it must be hard to put up with some of those idiots in
the media and their stupid questions. :tsk:

-----

Italianmobstr7
08-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Bump... Surprised more people aren't excited to SEE the Broncos in training camp and just want to hear about what happened...

shank
08-07-2008, 10:49 PM
Thanks. You know, it must be hard to put up with some of those idiots in
the media and their stupid questions. :tsk:

-----

apologies to MO, but i agree. it seems like every press conference where a question gets asked that is so absurd, the player/coach has to stop and think for a second, and sometimes actually call the questioner out for asking a ridiculous question.

i felt bad for jay, answering the same question 3489384 times about his diabetes...

gobroncsnv
08-08-2008, 06:32 AM
And it's for all of the above reasons that those of us who can't make the open camp days just LOVE to hear from those of you who can. It's really hard to get alot of cogent insights from the "professional" press, but getting the word from real fans is usually spot on with what we're all wanting to hear.

MOtorboat
08-08-2008, 08:30 AM
apologies to MO, but i agree. it seems like every press conference where a question gets asked that is so absurd, the player/coach has to stop and think for a second, and sometimes actually call the questioner out for asking a ridiculous question.

i felt bad for jay, answering the same question 3489384 times about his diabetes...

You ought to hear Rhonda Moss here in Kansas City. She is quite possibly the dumbest reporter on the face of the planet.

MOtorboat
08-08-2008, 08:35 AM

What's going on Shank is that their editors or program directors have asked for X amount of inches of copy, or X amount of soundbites, and past the raw-raw "we had a great practice, Brandon caught some good balls, Eddie is working really hard out there..." quote that you get after every practice...you then need to fill the space/time you've been asked to fill. So you either resort to the diabetes angle or the Brandon Marshall angle, because there really is no new news.

As excited as we all get to hear that Clady had a good day in camp, it was just one day, one practice, and in the grand scheme of things doesn't mean much. As much as people will deny this, they don't want to read that Cutler has good arm strength and he is making good passes day after day after day. They want new news. So as much as people blame the media...its what their readers/listeners/viewers want.