PDA

View Full Version : The Thing I Hate About Raider Week...

OldschoolFreak
10-19-2010, 03:05 PM
Really nothing good can come of it. We should win this game. Period...

But we might not. And it's a huge disappointment if we do lose (this season in particular it would be a disaster) whereas the upside is limited...beating a shitty team we really have no business losing to but often do anyways.

Seriously, if you win then it's "of course you won; you'd better friggin beat a team that will end the season at 5-11" while if you lose it's season ending doomsday misery. Sheesh.

It's infuriating.

One thing I'm really looking forward to from the new regime is a return to the days of taking care of business. You know, beating the teams you're supposed to beat and leaving the "keeping it interesting" games for the real competition.

Lonestar
10-19-2010, 03:10 PM
I do not think Josh is the type that will not keep the heat up.

But in years past IF we beat the raiders twice for a lot of folks the season was a good one.

I'd like us to win out unlikely but not holding my breath.

BCJ
10-19-2010, 03:17 PM
If you feel this way about Raider week, turn in your fan card. I dont care if they are o-15. Putting them to misery is the best feeling after a win. Even a Broncos loss is less painful when you see those gangster Faider fans moaning about another horrible loss. I love this week.

OldschoolFreak
10-19-2010, 03:32 PM
There will be no turning in of fan card, thank you very much.

I see your point, but feel the value of the rivalry has been diminished by a decade of the Raiders sucking against the rest of the league. Meanwhile the damage of a loss is commensurately magnified because of that very suckiness.

Lonestar
10-19-2010, 03:35 PM
on any given sunday we can be beat ..

Note SAN losing to STL yesterday. no comparison in talent but got there ass handed to them.

Ravage!!!
10-19-2010, 03:37 PM
There will be no turning in of fan card, thank you very much.

I see your point, but feel the value of the rivalry has been diminished by a decade of the Raiders sucking against the rest of the league. Meanwhile the damage of a loss is commensurately magnified because of that very suckiness.

I agree. Sure beating the Raiders is fun, but its not like you can go back to your friends and BRAG about beating the Raiders. Its not like it shows our team is now "finally getting it" and is on the upswing when you beat the Raiders of tdoay. It's no longer a "yeah, in your face" type of win. Its more of a *shrug* we beat the raiders.

The worst part of it is, as School pointed out, its a "no win" type of game. You win the game and all you accomplished was beating the worst team in the NFL over the last 9 years. You lose, and you just got BEAT by the worst team in the NFL over the last 9 years.

I Eat Staples
10-19-2010, 09:08 PM
The underdog always has a lot more to play for, especially in a rivalry. For us, it's just about taking care of business and getting back on track for the second half of our season.

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
10-19-2010, 11:33 PM
I agree. Sure beating the Raiders is fun, but its not like you can go back to your friends and BRAG about beating the Raiders. Its not like it shows our team is now "finally getting it" and is on the upswing when you beat the Raiders of tdoay. It's no longer a "yeah, in your face" type of win. Its more of a *shrug* we beat the raiders.

The worst part of it is, as School pointed out, its a "no win" type of game. You win the game and all you accomplished was beating the worst team in the NFL over the last 9 years. You lose, and you just got BEAT by the worst team in the NFL over the last 9 years.

I kind of feel like there is a happy medium between these. Beating the Raiders is better than just beating a crummy team but it certainly does not mean a successful season by anymeans

dogfish
10-19-2010, 11:46 PM
The Thing I Hate About Raider Week...

. . . is the raiders!

The Glue Factory
10-20-2010, 09:56 AM
This is what Raiders week is all about!

Samuel L. Jackson (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTWA7FRYky4)

BigDaddyBronco
10-20-2010, 10:00 AM
If you feel this way about Raider week, turn in your fan card. I dont care if they are o-15. Putting them to misery is the best feeling after a win. Even a Broncos loss is less painful when you see those gangster Faider fans moaning about another horrible loss. I love this week.

I almost like beating the Raiders in Oakland more than beating them in Denver. Watching all those idiots in "the Black Hole" sitting down looking like they just got kicked in the gut is fantastic. Add in the occasional pictures of Al "Crypt Keeper" Davis with a half whiny, half drooling look on his face as he watches his "Commitment to Excellence" get trashed once again is priceless.

PAINTERDAVE
10-20-2010, 10:09 AM
Yeah... beating the Raiders is huge.

However... this is the NFL...
and last time I checked...
we are only 2 and 4..

Yikes... we suck as bad as they do...
according to our record.

I welcome this game...
it's a chance to turn everything around.

Now get creative, Josh!
Execute, Kyle!
Win at home, boys!
Don't take this game lightly!

Let's get off the shnide starting RIGHT NOW!

Let's send Al Davis packing back to his crypt with a loss...
and start a winning streak by trouncing our NEMESIS!

The Glue Factory
10-20-2010, 10:51 AM
I almost like beating the Raiders in Oakland more than beating them in Denver. Watching all those idiots in "the Black Hole" sitting down looking like they just got kicked in the gut is fantastic. Add in the occasional pictures of Al "Crypt Keeper" Davis with a half whiny, half drooling look on his face as he watches his "Commitment to Excrement" get trashed once again is priceless.

Fixed. :lol:

LordTrychon
10-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Actually, it's a lot more than just beating a team we should be able to beat.

At this point, we need every win we can get, and if we win the next two weeks we're back to .500. If KC loses a game in the meantime, even better. Lose two, even bestest.

So yeah... we get something out of winning. We get a win.

So what if it's not a win that opens the eyes of the national media?

We're not going to be getting much attention there until we make the playoffs.

Maybe not even then unless we win one. Someone from this crappy division has to go, and they know that. So we have to get there and do damage.

So no. The media will not drool no matter how badly we beat the Raiders.

To liken that to 'nothing good can come' of it... Wow. SD probably had the same view going into their game with the Raiders.

Day1BroncoFan
10-20-2010, 12:20 PM
The thing I dislike most about raiders week is the raiders. :nod:

:coffee:

:dance:

BroncoTech
10-20-2010, 12:51 PM
I live in Oakland and I sure love to hate them. When I drive by their half empty stadium 10 minutes before kickoff I take solace their presence won't degrade my TV viewing experience on Sundays. Sure I follow some of their games I can't avoid, taking pleasure for any game event that causes them ill will, and in a raiders game that's a lot of pleasure.

Every QB sack, every false start, every missed block reminds me why I cherish hating the raiders. Mom would be so proud!

dogfish
10-20-2010, 01:02 PM
I live in Oakland and I sure love to hate them. When I drive by their half empty stadium 10 minutes before kickoff I take solace their presence won't degrade my TV viewing experience on Sundays. Sure I follow some of their games I can't avoid, taking pleasure for any game event that causes them ill will, and in a raiders game that's a lot of pleasure.

Every QB sack, every false start, every missed block reminds me why I cherish hating the raiders. Mom would be so proud!

dread will be also. . . this type of real, baseline loathing for the raiders fills him with glee. . .

BigSarge87
10-20-2010, 01:19 PM
Watching all those idiots in "the Black Hole" sitting down looking like they just got kicked in the gut is fantastic.

Spot On! I love it when they show those morons pouting. Makes my day.

BigSarge87
10-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Not to sound cliche, but in my mind this is a huge game. Here's why:

In every game this year (with the exception of Baltimore) I've got the feeling that they are very close to having a great team. They just seem to have the spark back that they have been missing for so many years. None of the losses this year come down to lack of talent, they all come down to stupid mistakes that young teams (and coaches) make. We have more promising young talent than I can ever remember. I believe we are very close to turning the corner.

However, if we make a poor showing at home versus Raiders, this entire theory is out the window and we just flat suck.

OldschoolFreak
10-26-2010, 02:46 PM
Ok, so as I was saying... Very little good could have come out of last week. True, the outcome we played ourselves into seems like perhaps the worst possible turn events. But maybe not, maybe my concern about Raiders week as being an expected win and likely trap was felt by the team as well and that's why we laid such an egg?

Say we had clawed our way to a close victory against a shit eating cellar dweller in Silver and Black. Then what? Not having displayed dominance we'd still be mired in mediocrity. At least now we have an opportunity to see how we can respond to the bottom dropping out from under us. Do we respond or give up?

You could say that a loss of this magnitude gives us a rare (seriously, like once in a generation) chance to see what we're made of. Does that mean maybe something good could have come out of Raider week?

I Eat Staples
10-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Does that mean maybe something good could have come out of Raider week?

No sorry, but don't quit whatever you're on.

By the way, the thing I hate most about Raider week is losing 59-14.