PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Rushing Offense Ranked 12th in Points

Jagsbch
10-18-2010, 09:53 PM
Oakland Raiders Rushing defense ranks 30th.

This is pretty cool considering we just jacked the bad ass Jets defense for 2 Rushing TD's and 140 Rushing Yards.

Frank Gore got 149 rushing yards on the Raiders alone.

With Tebow emerging as a redzone rushing threat, and Orton about to get 5000 yards in between the 20's this season, Broncos ought to kill it this weekend considering the Raiders have the 30th ranked scoring defense.

Then there is this factor to add to it...

Raiders may start Kyle Boller at QB (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5700738&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines)

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The Oakland Raiders thought they had put miserable passing performances in the past when they released draft bust JaMarcus Russell in the offseason.

Instead, Jason Campbell delivered a performance against the San Francisco 49ers that was worse by some measurements than Russell ever had...

When it comes to scoring TD's, at this rate, Broncos rushing defense could get jacked into the top ten along with the passing offense by the end of the weekend.:beer:

WARHORSE
10-18-2010, 09:57 PM
Oakland Raiders Rushing defense ranks 30th.

This is pretty cool considering we just jacked the bad ass Jets defense for 2 Rushing TD's and 140 Rushing Yards.

Frank Gore got 149 rushing yards on the Raiders alone.

With Tebow emerging as a redzone rushing threat, and Orton about to get 5000 yards in between the 20's this season, Broncos ought to kill it this weekend considering the Raiders have the 30th ranked scoring defense.

Then there is this factor to add to it...

When it comes to scoring TD's, at this rate, Broncos rushing defense could get jacked into the top ten along with the passing offense by the end of the weekend.:beer:

Last thing you want to do around here is start a positive Broncos thread.

:D

OldschoolFreak
10-18-2010, 10:24 PM
I dunno Jags. You being a relatively new Broncos fan might not be aware of the fact that things are never as they seem against the Raiders. This is not the first time in recent memory the Raiders have looked like ass on paper. The problem is, it's always a tough outing for us, regardless of expectations.

Can we take 'em? Sure. Should we get the win? Yep. But let's not count chickens before they hatch here...anything really can happen in this series.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Jagsbch
10-19-2010, 07:29 AM
You know, being the arrogant sob that I am, I went to bed last night thinking about just how many fans know more about this current team than me, "a Tebow fan?"

Then it dawned on me, hey what do I know about last year let alone the past 50?

So you see, its up to you to school this fool up to speed. I mean it was just last week that I learned Bill Musgrave and Gary Kubiak actually played QB here.

I ask myself hey who are the Broncos rival? Is it the Chargers or Raiders? Or does the divisional standing determine who it is, IE Chiefs this season?

Well since the Raiders are this weeks contenders my thought are on some of the most memorable games between the Raiders and Broncos. So what are the top three?

Raiders QB Campbell tears meniscus? (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Raiders-QB-Campbell-tears-meniscus-?urn=nfl-278108)

Oakland Raiders quarterback Jason Campbell(notes) may have more than a sprained left knee. He tells CSN Bay Area that he thinks he "maybe" has a meniscus tear that he picked up during the team's 17-9 loss to the San Francisco 49ers in which Campbell managed to gain only 83 yards and throw two interceptions.

Backup QB Bruce Gradkowski(notes) has a sprained shoulder. So the team may turn to third-stringer Kyle Boller(notes) for its game this weekend against the Denver Broncos. Coach Tom Cable said yesterday that there was "absolutely" a chance that Boller would start, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

The Chronicle reports, though, that an MRI of Campbell showed "no structural damage, just a sprain."

UnderArmour
10-19-2010, 07:44 AM
We have lots of pent up frustrations from the past 2 weeks. We're going to come out big and blow them out big time. Don't be surprised to see Tebow get some playing time in the 4th quarter. And a home game too? This is where the Broncos come alive.

Dirk
10-19-2010, 08:03 AM
As long as the Broncos go into this game knowing that the Raiders can beat them ala last year, they should come out with a victory.

Jags - Every other AFCW team is a rival. We want to beat all of them! But from my perspective, the Raiders are MY biggest rival for the Broncos. I just can't stand them.

Jagsbch
10-19-2010, 09:49 AM
Colts, Ravens and Jets are pretty much ranked in the top 5.

Broncos have played NFL's toughest schedule so far (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16372913?source=rss#ixzz12oT0FuY6)

One guess as to which team has played the toughest NFL schedule as the season moves into Week 7.

Here's a hint: That team just lost to the 5-1 New York Jets.
To those who are still trying to remove their orange face paint, it's true: The Broncos have played the league's most arduous schedule.

The Broncos' opponents, in order, with their records: Jacksonville (3-3), Seattle (3-2), Indianapolis (4-2), Tennessee (4-2), Baltimore (4-2) and the Jets (5-1).

The combined record of the Broncos' six opponents: 23-12, a .657 winning percentage. The 0-5 Buffalo Bills have played the next- toughest schedule, with their opponents combining for an 18-10 record (.643).

:elefant:Too bad the NFL doesn't use the BCS computer rankings. The Broncos, at 2-4, may have already clinched a top-10 ranking...:elefant:

Mike
10-19-2010, 09:53 AM
JaMarcus Ruffles drove on Denver to win the game last year and had some of his better games in his career against Denver. Boller beat Denver as a Raven. Denver makes even the crappiest of QBs look solid. The Raiders have won in Denver plenty over the years. At this point, I am not taking anything as a given.

But so help me if we don't smack some Raider *** this weekend.... :mad: