PDA

View Full Version : Cutler will take Lynch's place on TV show

Italianmobstr7
08-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler will replace John Lynch as host of KCNC-TV’s Monday night football-highlights show, the station announced Wednesday.

The weekly show on Denver’s Channel 4 — branded as CBS4 — will be retitled “Qwest Jay Cutler Live.” It will normally appear at 6:30 p.m. Mondays, but the debut show with Cutler will run on Tuesday, Sept. 9, because of the Broncos’ Monday-night game that week.

The program will be broadcast live from the Old Chicago restaurant in Littleton.

Lynch, a veteran safety for the Broncos and frequent Pro Bowl player, asked for a release from the team in July after it appeared his playing role would be reduced in the upcoming season. He hopes to sign on with another NFL team.

CBS4 said it will carry four other weekly football-related programs during the coming football season.

They are “Mike Shanahan Show Powered by Subaru Forester,” Saturdays at 6 p.m., featuring the Broncos head coach and hosted by Gary Miller; “Pizza Hut Football Preview,” Saturdays at 6:30 p.m., hosted by Reggie Rivers; “Chevy All Access,” Sundays at 10:35 p.m., hosted by Vic Lombardi; and “Ford Countdown to Kickoff,” airing prior to Broncos games, hosted by Rivers.

http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/stories/2008/08/04/daily32.html

shank
08-06-2008, 06:43 PM
cool. replacing the qb of the defense with the qb of the... well, offense.

Slick
08-06-2008, 06:47 PM
I don't think Jay has the on camera personality to pull it off.

scott.475
08-06-2008, 07:10 PM

Rick Mirer used to do a show like this when he was here in Seattle...anybody could look like a movie star compared to that guy!

shank
08-06-2008, 09:50 PM

ya know, i want nate webster ya know... to do the show, ya know?

i want tommy nalen on camera! just cause i know it's not even a possibility lol.

pnbronco
08-06-2008, 10:41 PM

I don't think so either. I wish they could use Niko K., the guy is just major personality and doesn't mind crowds. Nate Webster is a lot of fun too.

MOtorboat
08-06-2008, 10:46 PM
I don't think so either. I wish they could use Niko K., the guy is just major personality and doesn't mind crowds. Nate Webster is a lot of fun too.

Yeah, nothing like having a backup linebacker do the highlight show...

Oh, wait, the Chiefs already did that...The Boomer Grigsby Show...what an embarrassment.