PDA

View Full Version : Arapaho's take on the game...week 6

arapaho2
10-18-2010, 12:36 PM
where to start...let me break it into good and bad

the good

coaching...game plan seemed to be a complete and solid planning from MCD...play calling was suspect at times, whether that was orton or designed, but you shouldnt challenge reevis as much as orton did..all in all a good job of coaching to even be in the game

running game was improved....not game winning...but improved and hopefull it can continue to build momentum for the future games

special teams played solid...recovering the onside could have been huge

defense stepped up again against the run...solid job of limiting one of the best rushing attacks in the game

the secondary did a great job on the jets wrs also..cox may have played his best game to date..S. thompson was finaly sighted...and he looked good

the bad

orton's worst game...he wasnt really bad, he played solid in fact at a high level on some drives...but he missed many wrs...and as i mentioned before he threw a aweful lot of passes against reevis...he also seemed that when under pressure he just kinda lobbed in down the sideline hopeing something happened..not good specially with reevis, he didnt throw a pick...but its dam hard to complete a pass against reevis, so somebody else should have been open
his 41% completion rate was the worst of his season

playcalling, and excecution...once again...you cant allow 3n outs to put the d in a bad spot...we had 5 3n outs..terrible,

whats worse is the defense or special teams creating offensive opportunities...and the offense failing to capitalize

we had a on side kick out of the blue..perfect...ended in a punt
INT...ended with a botched fg try
INT...ended up with a fg
fumble recov....punt

you only lose games when you win the turnover battle because you dont capitalize upon thier mistakes..we didnt

once again the pass rush was hidious...wink figured out how to slow down the run game...but you give any qb the time we gave them and they will make you pay eventually...we couldnt pressure sanchex with a 3 or 4 man rush, and had we pressure him, blitzed him, attacked him on that last drive i have no trouble saying the broncos win the game, instead we allowed him to sit back and allow his wr to get 45 yards downfield
if we are gonna start winning games we need to get qb sacks and pressure in key moments, and we have failed to do that so far

i see some improvments, some hope...but unless the running game improves further, unless we can start attacking the qb instead of sending three or four pass rushers we know will not get there...and giving qbs all the time...becomeing a legit team will be hard

our hope is the schedule gets easy...but i would rather not rely on a easy schedule to get w's...i wanna win games because we are a solid, well coached team and not because the other team sucks

silkamilkamonico
10-18-2010, 01:11 PM
Actually a pretty solid review and I agree.

I think that last drive came down to more Sanchez made a couple plays at some key moments. The PI was just a very unfortunate play and there isn't much Hill could have done about that as it was just unfortunate.

I don't think it had any influence in the game because both teams got calls, and that last PIcall was the right call just unfortunate, but I thought the reffing in this game was absolutely horrendous for both sides. You don't officiate a game fluctuating throughout. There were times when WR's got groped out there with no calls, and other calls were on very soft contact. Are you calling it tight, or not? Figure that out already refs. The offensive PI were on plays that happen by someone every game. For whatever reason they were called yesterday.

I was very disappointed in McDaniels decision to go conservative after we took the lead by a TD in the 4th. I honestly thought that was the difference. McDaniels was "hoping" for NY to make mistakes on offense, instead of trying to actually "win" the game. "Playing to not lose" is an entirely different state of mind than "playing to win", IMHO.

Traveler
10-18-2010, 01:26 PM
Good recap! Agree with what was said for except the part about the schedule getting easier.

We are too young a team to say the schedule gets easier. With this much youth on offense and so many injuries to key players, the rest of the schedule will be just as hard as the first six games IMO. No gimmies the remainder of the way.

Bosco
10-18-2010, 10:03 PM
Not bad.

horsepig
10-18-2010, 10:11 PM
Good recap! Agree with what was said for except the part about the schedule getting easier.

We are too young a team to say the schedule gets easier. With this much youth on offense and so many injuries to key players, the rest of the schedule will be just as hard as the first six games IMO. No gimmies the remainder of the way.

Yeah, other teams with us on their schedule are saying the same thing.